RACE 2 - Max Verstappen

By ness_is_here

||completed|| "Maybe, just maybe they will figure out a way to stay together." Max Verstappen x Daniella Mi... More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
SEQUEL
ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

73

10.3K 243 184
By ness_is_here

Daniella lazily woke up and opened her eyes, she looked around and a soft smile appeared on her face as she remembered the previous night. She looked to her side and Max was not there, no doubt he was probably working out on the balcony or maybe memorizing the lines for the commercial that he is scheduled to film today.

She stretched her arms, planning to stay in bed for a few more minutes but that didn't happen as she was hit by the smell of burning and she immediately sat up. She quickly got out of bed, found one of Max's shirts, and put it on before heading out of the room, feeling concerned that there was a fire.

She could hear Max cursing and followed his voice, which led her to the kitchen.

"What is going on?" Daniella asked in horror. There was smoke everywhere.

"I think the eggs were bad," Max replied as he tried to wave away the smoke with his hands.

Daniella ran to his side and pushed him away from the stove. She quickly turned off the gas. The eggs on the frying pan were burned.

"The eggs were not bad," Daniella said to Max as she picked up the frying pan and went to dump the brunt eggs in the dustbin. "You are an idiot who doesn't know how to cook.

"Okay, I admit I am not a good cook... in fact, I am not a cook at all but the eggs were also bad," Max argued as he followed Daniella. "So it's not completely my fault."

She went and opened the windows and looked up, wondering why the fire alarm didn't work.

"When I cracked the shells some pieces fell on the pan," Max explained. "I think that's why it got burned.

"What?" Daniella gave him a look of disbelief.

"Yes, I mean I have never dealt with bad eggs before but..."

"It's not the eggs," Daniella argued. "It's you not knowing how to cook or when to turn off the gas. "And why is your fire alarm not working?"

"I don't know," Max shrugged as he looked up. "Maybe the battery went down. I never cook so I never needed it."

"Then why are you cooking today?"

"Because I wanted to surprise you with breakfast in bed," Max replied, giving her a slightly guilty look as his plan failed and Daniella had to come to the rescue.

Daniella's face immediately softened.

"Last night I was very rough with you so I thought maybe..."

She stepped closer and placed a soft gentle kiss on his lips.

"First of all, I like it rough," Daniella said as a red tint flashed across her face. "And second of all, please never try to burn down your apartment again. I would have been very much happy if you ordered something from a restaurant instead of ruining your frying pan and almost suffocating us with the smoke."

Max smiled and kissed her again.

"Don't tell anyone what I did today," He nervously joked.

"Your mom will definitely hear about it," Daniella grinned, making Max slightly pout. "Now, let's make some breakfast without burning anything."

"I should have woken you up and asked you to cook in the first place."

Daniella let out a laugh as she sat up another frying pan.

"Can you take out the eggs from the fridge?" She looked at Max and asked.

"I... there are no eggs left," He replied. "I burned all of them."

***

"This is stupid," Max huffed in annoyance as he put down the script for the commercial which he is set to film in a few hours and went back to finish his breakfast.

Daniella can't help but chuckle and she can relate to what Max is feeling since she also hates media works and remembering lines. She took the script to have a look since she was already done with her breakfast.

"Wow! That's a lot of lines," she commented. "Honestly, how do they expect an F1 driver to remember so many lines? There is a reason why most of us never finished school."

"At least someone gets me," Max let out a deep breath. "It's going to be a long day for me."

Daniella nodded in agreement and put down the script.

"What about you?" Max asked. "What are your plans today?"

"I am going to get my hair done, cut it a bit short I think since it's getting too long," Daniella replied. "And then me and Sophie are going to go for the charity football match." Daniella was also invited to take part in the football game but she had no intention of making a fool out of herself since she is not very good at football, so instead she just donated money for the cause.

"But I like your long hair," Max whined a little as he got up from the table and took the empty plates with help of Daniella. "Please don't cut it short."

"And I like you with your beard but you shave after every two days," Daniella fired back. "I guess we can't always have what we want," she smirked as Max touched his cheek, regretting shaving just the previous day. "Besides, my hair will grow fast so.."

Max gave her a small smile and kissed the top of her head as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"Oh, by the way, my mom wants to know if you would like to join her for dinner Friday night," Max said, suddenly remembering.

"Friday?"

"Mhhmhh," Max nodded.

"I don't think I can," Daniella replied. "Collins and Jenna are arriving on Friday and both are expecting me to spend time with them. And I haven't told anyone in my family about you."

Max gave her a mischievous and challenging look.

"Max no," Daniella warned him. "We can't tell them this weekend, at least not until your contract is officially sorted out."

"Why not?"

"Because my little sister loves to gossip and within hours we will make headlines... also there is a good chance my dad will come over here after finding out, kidnap you, and then torture and interrogate you."

Max thought for a second and nervously gulped. He is a bit scared of Daniella's father.

"Yeah, you have a point," he nodded.

***

Daniella and Sophie took their seats in the first row, ready for the charity football game to start. The bleachers were not the occupied where they were sitting so it provided them the privacy they needed.

They cheered and clapped as the players came to the field, some seem confident and motivated whereas some others seem like they already know they are going to make a fool of themselves, like Charles.

"Thousand dollars says Charles will fall at least three times while kicking the ball," Daniella said to Sophie.

"Oh please Dani," Sophie playfully rolled her eyes. "It's Charles we are talking about. He will fall at least five times."

Both shared a look and burst out laughing, shaking their hands to make the bet official.

Mick looked at them and smiled and waved.

Sophie slightly blushed and waved back while Daniella suspiciously observed the two. Mick noticed the look on Daniella and immediately looked away. He knows the Mercedes driver is more than smart enough to figure out what's going on if she becomes suspicious enough and he doesn't want that to happen.

"Someone is staring at you," Sophie whispered in Daniella's ear since she was too busy thinking about Mick and Sophie.

"Who?" Daniella immediately looked around the belchers.

"A Ferrari driver," Sophie smiled and gently turned Daniella's face towards the field. "And it's definitely not my dumb brother."

Carlos shot Daniella a polite yet sweet smile once her eyes fell on him, thanks to the Haas driver. She was a bit taken aback but gave him a gentle smile and waved, making him smile brighter.

Daniella looked away and turned her attention back to Sophie who was observing them.

"You know, Charles told me that Carlos really..."

"Oh look the game is starting," Daniella interrupted Sophie to stop her from further talking about the Ferrari driver.

***

Daniella laughed more times than she can count at the drivers on the field. Most of them were barely surviving, especially Charles who fell multiple times just like she predicted and even end up kicking the air instead of the ball. Sophie was too busy filming her brother's embarrassing moments.

The only drivers who actually were playing and knew what they were doing are Carlos and Pierre.

"This is so much fun," Sophie laughed as Charles kicked the air again. "I wish Arthur was here too."

"I wish Lando was on the field," Daniella laughed. "He would have ended up injuring himself and someone around him."

Charles gave Sophie a warning look, fully aware that his sister is filming but there is no escape for him.

"Oh I think it's going to be a goal," Sophie said as Carlos had the ball in his control.

And soon enough the Ferrari driver made his first goal, feeling proud and happy. He looked at Daniella and pointed at her, dedicating the goal to her.

A few drivers cheered including Sophie but Daniella just froze there with her eyes slightly wide, not sure how to react.

Carlos jogged away from the goal post while sending her a wink and a smirk was plastered on his face.

"What just happened?" Daniella mumbled.

"Carlos dedicated his goal to you," Sophie excitedly explained. "Its very sweet and romantic, don't you think?"

"Umm yeah...I don't know," Daniella sounded confused.

Unknown to her some fans captured the moment and already posted it on social media.

**********

A/N: We got some Max x Dani and Carlos x Dani moments in the same chapter. 

Thoughts on Carlos dedicating the goal to Dani? 

 What do you think Max will do once he finds out?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 47.5K 98
|| completed || "He fell in love with his best friend." Lando Norris x Daniella Michaels (OC) In the series/AUs 1. Race - Lando Norris (2021 sea...
unconditional By

Fanfiction

974K 14.2K 50
Ellasandra Monet gets swept up into the world of F1 when she finally lands her dream job, but what happens when she comes across her dream guy, Charl...
12.6K 554 9
โœงห–ยฐเฟ โ”Š ๐†๐‹๐€๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐Ž๐”๐’. เผป โชโค๏ธโซ โ this is your fault, you realise that โž โ sorry? โž formula one la...
566K 17.1K 57
๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ป'๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜ ๐—ท๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ผ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜๐˜† ๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ, ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐˜†๐—ถ๏ฟฝ...