SOLACE, SERENITY, SOULMATE

By atreyeeP

The story starts from March 2009, when Riddhima Dasgupta, the lead character, was a 15 year old girl. At a ve... More

COPYRIGHT RESERVED ©
Chapter-1: Let's meet Riddhima
Chapter 2: A Birthday Gift for Riddhima
Chapter 3: Riddhima pleas for Justice
Chapter 4: Is Riddhima behind the Blast?
Chapter 5: Did Riddhima find a Clue?
Chapter 6: Riddhima In a Conundrum
Chapter 7: Riddhima and her Snoopiness
Chapter 8: Guest at "Rathi house"
Chapter 9: Is Vansh a Protector or a Foe?
Chapter 10: Mysterious Vansh
Chapter 11: Multidimensional
Chapter 12: A Gullible Riddhima
Chapter 13: Riddhima's Torment
Chapter 14: Manoeuvre against Riddhima
Chapter 15: Candid #RiAnsh (PART-1)
Chapter 15: Candid #RiAnsh (PART-2)
Chapter 16: The Fabrication
Chapter 17: Is Riddhima being hoodwinked?
Chapter 18: A Subdued Celebration
Chapter 19: "I didn't kill her."
Chapter 20: Attack on Riddhima
Chapter 21: "What! Bhai got hitched!"
Chapter 22: Divulgence
Chapter 23: The Abduction
Chapter 24: Checkmate
Chapter 25: A new home for Her!
Chapter 26: "Is he married?"
GRATITUDE
Chapter 27: Debilitated Riddhima
Chapter 28: "Who is my wife?"
Chapter 29: A New Equation
GRATITUDE (#1 RANKING)
Chapter 30: Hark Back
Chapter 31: "Riddhima searched me!"
Chapter 32: Contrariety
Chapter 33: Outlandish Gesticulation
Chapter 34: "Never"
Chapter 35: Vansh planning to marry Koeena!
Chapter 37: Vansh in True Self
Chapter 38: "I'm leaving"
Give it a try
Chapter 39: False Arrest
Chapter 40: Detention
Chapter 41: "Get out of here, right now."
Chapter 42: "My husband!"
Chapter 43: Persuasion
Chapter 44: A Startled Vansh
Chapter 45: Trending On Social Media
Chapter 46: The Zeal
Chapter 47: Vansh means Business
Chapter 48: "A barbie doll"
Chapter 49: "Who is Venom?"
Chapter 50: The Venom
Chapter 51: Manipulation
Chapter 52: Damn it! Riddhima
Chapter 53: Riansh
Chapter 54: Infidelity

Chapter 36: Predilection of Riddhima

382 79 13
By atreyeeP

    It was 3 a.m. Riddhima knocked on the door of the other room but received no reply. She pushed the door and found it unlocked. She hesitantly moved into the room and saw Vansh lying on the bed. Seeing him dozing off, she turned around and started walking away. 

    "Do you want something?" Riddhima heard him inquire. 

    "Were you not asleep?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows. 

    "How can I sleep when my wife is awake?" he asked. 

    "Oh! Sorry, I disturbed you.", she started walking back toward the door. 

     Vansh stood on his foot and said, "You are becoming a silly woman." 

     Riddhima stopped on her way and responded, "I know, it's just like using and through things." 

     Vansh caught her wrist and forcefully turned her towards him. 

    His breath was fanning over her head. 

    He asked in a stern low voice, "What did you just say? Who used you, Riddhima? What is making you so restless?" 

    Riddhima tried to get away from his hold and facing failure, she said, "Move away." 

    Vansh didn't go further but released her from his grip. 

    She hurriedly ran towards her room and closed the door. 

    Vansh sat on the edge of the bed and muttered to himself, "I know you are developing feelings for me. Whenever you go through any news of my link ups you get restless. I'll help you to understand the foreign feelings you are going through. Riddhima, I'm your man and you are my wife. I'm yours and you are mine, only mine."

    "How come all the photos of Riddhima got deleted from my system?", Kabir shouted at his men. 

    One of his men replied, "Up to this point, we have not been able to find out about it." 

    "Where is Shakib? Ask him to retrieve those photos from the system.", Kabir ordered. 

    "Sahab, may be he left because he hasn't joined our manufacturing and exporting office for iron scrap since 2 weeks ago", his men informed. 

    "Why didn't you all inform me before?", Kabir shouted screaming his lungs out. 

    "I want all his details in 24hrs. How dare he?", Kabir threatened. 

    His men could manage a nod only.

    Next morning, Vansh and Riddhima were having their respective breakfasts before leaving to go to their respective work. 

    "Why don't you rest at home today, you didn't sleep last night?", Vansh suggested. 

    "I will be heading to college and it's very important," Riddhima replied sternly without looking at him at all. 

    Vansh finished his breakfast and kept his spoon and fork on the plate. 

    He looked at Riddhima and tried to understand her body language. 

    "Will you go for dinner with me?", Vansh asked. 

    She stared at him while her mouth remained open, as if thinking he had his own wife and was attempting to approach another woman. 

    "Don't give me that look. I am asking you for a dinner and not a date.", Vansh stated. 

    Riddhima realised her mind was getting diverted in some other direction but shrugging off all her thoughts, she asked, "Where will you take me?" 

    "I haven't decided. I'll decide once you say yes.", Vansh said. 

    Riddhima nodded her head in positive and Vansh smirked at her.

    The microbiology class had started and Riddhima received a message from Ritu, "Call me when you are free. It's urgent." 

    She was unable to concentrate in the class. As soon as the class ended, Riddhima rushed out of the classroom and dialed her best friend. 

    "Riddhima, my professor has made me Arjun's partner in a project. But he directly threatened me to take revenge on me regardless of what Vansh Bhai did to him and his family. I'm scared and I don't know how to manage this complicated situation. Riddhima, you know Vansh Bhai is relentlessly reckless.", as Ritu expressed her heartfelt feelings, Riddhima asked, "Why are you not informing your brother? It was totally wrong what Arjun and his brother planned against you years back just to get 3 lucrative deals competing with your brother's company."

    "The key is to make your brother understand the issues without getting hyper and sobbing continuously because he always interprets your body language and the words you use to describe the circumstances. Just make the thing placid and tell him the situation you are in. I'm sure he will come up with some innovation in your life.", Riddhima suggested. 

    "I can't do all these things. You know very well that I loved him and I still love him but after whatever happened it was clear that it was a one-sided love.", Ritu said her feelings. Riddhima became speechless and restless after hearing her confession and became tongue-tied. 

    "I respect your feelings. Ritu move on in your life. A blossoming career is waiting for you. Be strong in your life.", Riddhima said inhaling some air as if gathering the courage to give suggestions to her best friend.

    Riddhima was Ritu's only friend who truly understood what she was struggling through. 

    Her mind wandered to Ritu's words as she walked back to class. 

    Suddenly, she bumped into someone. 

    "Vyom! I'm sorry, I didn't see you coming.", she apologized. 

    "Why are you ignoring me, Riddhima?", Vyom asked, almost pushing her away from what she said. 

    "Excuse me. I'm not ignoring anyone.", Riddhima replied with a blank face. 

    Vyom held her wrists tightly and asked, "Then why didn't you turn up in the cafeteria when I clearly sent you a message through Ray?" 

    "What are you saying? And leave my hand.", she furiously shook him off before going into the classroom and pushing his hand from her. 

    Vyom stood there and passed his fingers through his hair in frustration.

    "Ma'am, why do you want to visit there?", Shakib asked while Riddhima enjoined him to take her to the headquarter of Raisinghania Industries Pvt. Ltd. 

    "This is a very personal matter, Shakib. I cannot share with you.", Riddhima replied. 

    Shakib could never force her for anything because at the end of the day he was having the conversation with his Boss's one and only beloved better half. 

    Shakib opened the door of the car for her. 

    Riddhima, after getting out of the car, took a look at the extravagant architecture of the building with numerous personal bodyguards as well as the men appointed for Vansh's Z+ security. 

    The inferiority complex started taking a command in her mind as everyone was staring at her when Shakib was directing her towards the private elevator.

    "Ma'am, please make yourself comfortable on the sofa. Boss is in the meeting right now, he will be here in a few minutes.", Shakib said while handing her a glass of orange juice. 

    Riddhima's eyes were roaming around his sumptuous cabin and her eyes fell on the magazine which Sanjana handed her at the college. 

    She felt anxious. 

    Getting up from the sofa she took the magazine in her hand. Tearing the cover page and the page where the news was printed she threw it in the dustbin.

    Riddhima couldn't figure out why she felt relaxed after doing so.

    The meeting was full-fledgedly on, Angre came in and bent a bit and whispered in his ears, "Ma'am is waiting for you in your cabin." 

    Vansh looked at him in shock but within a flick of seconds he changed his facial expression and said calmly, "I want the deal to happen in the next 2 minutes, otherwise forget about the investment of my company in yours." 

    The investor got it clear that Vansh was pissed off with the excessive delay of deals due to terms and conditions. 

    One of the partner investors declared, "We agree to your terms and conditions." 

    Vansh without even looking at the investor ordered Angre, "Complete all the procedures." 

    Got up from the chair and walked towards his cabin.

How was the chapter?....

Feedback in the Comment Section.....

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

Take care of yourself and your family......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 9.6K 75
Mallika Singh, a 22 years old, is an ambitious dancer. She is combination of beauty and brain or someone who should be called as "Perfectionist". Sh...
102K 7.1K 39
Here the story starts with when VANSH announces AHAANA as his legally wedded wife in front of the whole media & paparazzi's... It's a journey how a p...
853K 63.3K 38
"He is a mystery. A mystery every guy wants to become And a mystery every girl wants to claim" _ How Bumping into Mr. Billionaire, changed her life...
13.5K 593 10
1st book of 'The Malhotra Siblings' When she was in 9th, he was the senior of her school.. He was her brother's classmate and his bestfriend He was h...