The Way We Fell

By SaraMaine004

Adeline Rose is joyous, kind and beautiful she's every mothers dream. Adeline returns to the new school year... More

C H A R A C T E R S
N O T E
P R O L O G U E
P A R T Y
F R I E N D S
L I E S
D I N N E R
M I S T A K E
T R U T H
D A R E
G E T IN
T H O U G H T S
B R U I S E D
M U S I C
C O L L A P S E
B R E A T H E
B L O N D I E
F E E L I N G S
H U R T
F A I N T
D O C T O R
S A Y I T
S Q U E E Z E
H A N G O U T
T O O F A R
D A D D Y I S S U E S
C L O W N
H A U N T E D H O U S E
C U T E
S A M
K I S S
B E T R A Y E D
P I T Y P A R T Y
O V E R
G U I L T
S K A T E
P A I N
A S K ?
J E R K
S P E C I A L
L E T T I N G G O
Q U E S T I O N
M Y L O V E
T R U S T
M I N E
G E N T L E
P R E T T Y

A P O L O G I E S

2.8K 62 15
By SaraMaine004

SHE IS STILLNESS IN A WORLD OF CHAOS.

♡♡♡

✨Adeline✨

I'm sorry for everything...

The words repeated in my head over and over again. It was an echo sounding like a drum in my brain.

He's apologizing. For what ? Don't get me wrong he had a lot to apologize for but this could be a simple sorry for speeding and scaring you to death get back in the car now.

No it felt different him saying the word everything meant something more. His tone suggesting he was desperate.

"What ?" I said out of breath.

Why couldn't I breathe.

"I'm sorry for...shit this is hard" Elias mumbles.
He takes a deep breath before he begins...

"I'm sorry for humiliating you and insulting you...treating you like shit. Orchestrating all of that crap-fuck I'm sorry Adeline. You never deserved any of that. I'm a dick. I was mad that you humiliated me in front of half the school. No one-" He closes his eyes and clenches his jaw before continuing

"No one has ever stood up to me like that before it was new to me. It's not an excuse but it was my reasoning. I'm sorry Adeline...I'm so fucking sorry. What I said about your mom..."

My heart drops...

"It was fucked up. You don't deserve that at all. I was angry and when I'm angry I need to hurt people and that's how I knew I could hurt you. It's the most fucked up shit in the world and god Adeline I'm sorry."

I felt the first tear hit my cheek before he finished his sentence.

He stands there beside me taking long deep breaths.

I have no idea what to say. Do I forgive him ?
I'm breathing hard...this could be another trick he could be messing around with me.

No. It sounded too genuine.

"You don't have to say anything" Elias says quietly.

That's the thing I didn't know what to say.
"You don't have to forgive me either" He adds on.

It takes me a while before I realize that I do. I do forgive him. He made mistakes big ones he made so many of them. He's human though he made mistakes and he's apologizing for them. This didn't mean that I trust him it just meant that I understood. We all say things out of anger and they don't always mean it...I would know. Elias didn't have to apologize but he did he could've easily walked away and forgot all about me instead he acknowledged his mistakes and in this kind of society that's quite hard to find. We all want to be forgiven at one point in our lives so why not return the gesture to other people when they ask.

"I do" I say out loud.
"I forgive you...you're human and you made mistakes and you hurt me but I forgive you..." I explain.

Elias let's out a breath.
It takes him a while before he says
"Good" he whispers more to himself rather than to me and then he says it once again this time he says it firmly before turning around a grabbing my arms tilting my head so I can look at him.

"Now..." he whispers lowering himself closer to my face.
"What do I do with you Adeline Rose" He says in a tone that has me wanting to fall into his chest.

The way he said my name gave me butterflies in my stomach. No literally I felt them fluttering.

I looked into his eyes they were filled with relief and amusement. They sparkled however with a mischief glint.

He ran his hands up and down my arms the outside of my sweater. The material was nothing of a barrier because I felt everything. My arms became weak and numb at his touch.

I felt my insides flipping upside down. I was going to pass out from whatever this feeling was.

"I- what do you mean?" I whisper.

"Nothing Adeline Nothing at all" Elias replied all while looking down at me and smirking.

Oh.
I looked around it was getting dark and it was getting colder.
I shivered slightly.

Elias's face hardened.
"Come on let's go it's getting cold" He says while pulling me in and walking towards the car.

Affectionate Elias. I think while he walks me to the passenger side of the car and makes sure I'm in. He runs along the car to the other side.

I like affectionate Elias. I liked him a little too much.

......................

We've been driving for some time now. I've done nothing but stare out the window and then at Elias and then out the window and at Elias.
I wasn't a creep or anything he just had very nice features very intriguing I feel like looking at for hours kind of features.

Creep certified Adeline.

While gazing out at the trees trying to avoid looking at him once again I remember how he never ate anything at the restaurant slash club trying to not recall the awful moments that happened back there.

"Are you hungry ?" I say quickly .
Elias dragged his gaze to mine and gave me a questioning look...a smirk played along his face one that made my heart flutter.

"I just- I mean at the restaurant you didn't eat and...you know I just thought maybe you were..." My tone got quieter because I felt stupid for even asking. He probably thought I was weird for even noticing him not eating.

"Never mind" I mumbled.

"I am." Elias says... except that's all he says.

"O-okay...you should probably drop me near a bus stop that way you can get something to eat and I could get out of your way and get home." I say realizing he most likely didn't want to deal with me while feeling hungry and has been driving me around for a pretty long time.

Truth being I wasn't really familiar with buses but I'd manage.

I stay silent waiting for his answer instead I just see his jaw clench and his hands gripping the steering wheel hard

"I'm not dropping you off to a fucking bus stop-"
Elias says angrily.

He was really mad because I asked him to drop me off. Why ?
I just wanted to make it easier on him. Why was he being so mean ?
Looks like we're back to square 1

I felt Elias release a long breath and then...
"Look I- im sorry. I didn't mean to get so angry at you..." Elias says softly.

I stay silent. What did he want me to say ?

Elias pulled into a diners parking lot and parked the car.
He turned off the engine and turned to look at me. I couldn't meet his gaze for some reason I just couldn't find it in me.

"Fuck" I hear Elias whisper.
I hear his head this against the headrest and exhale.

"It's just why would you assume I'd drop you off in the middle of nowhere- like fuck don't you get it Adeline" Elias says.

Get what ?

To be continued...

Word count: 1242

Hey beautiful people...
So basically my main focus point around this book is obviously the romance however there are things like character development and real life problems that I like and choose to bring attention to in my book so please please be patient with the characters...

Also feel free to leave comments and suggestions I literally love seeing them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 24 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...
23.2K 742 24
"It feels like tasting poison, the more my tongue discovers her flesh the more addicted I become." Adeline seeks comfort in her studies, she...
4.1K 133 42
Adrienne, age 19 might not be the perfect daughter her mother wants her to be. She trains just as hard as her brother but never gets the privilege of...
105K 5.2K 35
*COMPLETED* || Highest Ranking: #1 in Adventure-Romance 5/31/18 Adeline Callahan, the girl that time forgot, the one that is considered dead to t...