Polar Opposites

By Arrowbolt5

Cora and Leo didn't have a lot in common. Leo was a fighter, he was brave and strong. A fearless leader. Cora... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The Beginning II
Chapter 3: Peace Said No
Chapter 4: Reasons to Trust
Chapter 5: Slow Steps
Chapter 6: Survivor's Guilt
Chapter 7: Rude Awakening
Chapter 8: The Past
Chapter 9: I'm Here
Chapter 11: Battlefield
Chapter 12: Outsider
Chapter 13: Quarrel
Chapter 14: Teamwork
Chapter 15: Forever & Always

Chapter 10: Strange Sights

232 7 0
By Arrowbolt5

"Uh oh." Donnie muttered before walking forward and pulling her away. "April, where do you think you are?"

"Donnie, I'm not April!" Cora snapped.

"I see clouds. I think I'm flying." April said.

Donnie frowned, "You're seeing things. I'm taking this off." He pulled the device off of April and then glanced between the two girls. "Did that help?"

"I'm still in the air... soaring." April told him.

"I'm just totally confused." Cora muttered.

"Now I'm heading down." April suddenly gasped and grabbed Donnie's arm. "Outside! I see Casey and Raph! They're being attacked!"

Donnie turned around and ran out. Cora followed after him, but jumped to the side when she got near the door and ran into it. April tripped over her and they both landed in the grass with Cora underneath.

"Donnie's device. I think it must have linked me to whatever is attacking the guys and since you were somewhat connected, it linked you to me!" April said.

"That explains so much." Cora muttered as they both stood up. "Wait, is that me?"

Cora stumbled around until she grabbed April's shoulders and the two girls ran forward, Cora leading April as they both ran to the guys.

Leo was thrown into them and knocked them apart. April and Cora huffed, scrambling to their feet.

"Careful, Cora, you need to find cover." Leo told her. "You aren't trained enough."

"What? Is that me I'm looking at?" April asked.

"No, that's a weird bird-fish-worm thing!" Cora exclaimed.

"Ack!" She exclaimed scrambling backward as it advanced.

Leo grabbed both of them and ran back, pulling them away from the creature and toward the house.

"What's going on with you two?"

"This is my fault, I summoned it here." April said.

Cora scoffed, "If it's anyone's fault, blame Donnie."

The creature invaded April's- or rather Cora's line of sight again and shrieked. Leo grabbed them and pulled them to the ground as the beast snapped at them.

Raph ran over and tried to attack it, but the beast grabbed him with it's worm legs, along with Mikey and Donnie when they came to help.

"Goongalaaaaaahhh wooaaah!" Casey yelled, jumping off of the roof onto the beast, but his charge was absolutely worthless when the monster caught him as well.

Then it flew off.

Leo jumped up and looked after it. "No!"

Cora and April stood up and Cora grabbed April's shoulders again so she could see where she was going.

"It's taking them up, above the clouds. Come on, we have to follow it!" April said, running forward.

Cora stumbled slightly, but then followed after her.

"What are we supposed to do?" Leo asked. "You're both blind and I can barely walk."

"I'm worth about the same when I'm not blind, but, uh, generally I assume that when we rescue people, we beat the crap out of whatever took them." Cora said, moving April around to look at Leo.

April huffed, "Besides, it's hungry. I can feel it. It's, like, Mikey hungry. If we don't save them now, they might end up being it's breakfast."

"But what are we supposed to do against that thing!?" Leo demanded. "None of us are in any shape to fight it."

"Do you assume I'd run into danger without some sort of plan?" Cora asked.

"What kind of plan?" April asked.

Cora turned her toward the woods and Leo followed them.

"The kind that involves weird bird-fish-worm mutants exploding." She replied, a grin growing on her face.

Once Cora grabbed her bag of very fun things that go boom, they headed off to the mountain that April told them the bird was at.

"I can't believe you talked me into this." Leo muttered.

"We shouldn't have had to." April told him.

"Yeah, what happened to the guy who took on a frog army?" Cora asked.

"He got injured." Leo told her bitterly.

"Uh, he was injured before that. I would think after all this time that he's at least a little better." Cora huffed.

"I just- I'm not seeing any improvement." Leo complained.

"Yeah, well, this really stupid guy tried to train this absolute klutz once and she didn't see any improvement in herself, but he said, Just be patient. Eventually you'll see some progress." Cora told him, doing a horrible imitation of Leo's voice.

"That's not exactly how I worded it." Leo replied.

"Still good advice." Cora shrugged.

April stopped suddenly.

"What is it?" Cora asked. "Did it eat the guys!?"

"No... but, Cora, you smell..." April trailed off and Cora let go of her.

"April?"

April put her hands up as if she had wings and squawked, trying to bite Cora.

"Ack!" Cora tripped and Leo grabbed April, but then April turned around and tried to bite him too.

"Delicious!" April finished, relentlessly snapping at him.

Cora stood up and tried to grab April, but she ended up just running into a tree.

"April! Snap out of it!" Leo ordered, grabbing her shoulders and shaking her. "April!"

April went into a daze for a moment and then took a step back. "Oh man, Leo. I am so embarrassed right now."

"It's okay! Just, uh, please stop trying to bite me." Leo said nervously.

"Come on, the link is getting stronger. We have to-"

Leo stopped and looked down at his leg. "Hey, I'm standing! I'm standing!"

"Then come on, let's go save the guys." April grinned.

"What the- Ugh! Get off!"

Leo looked past April and blinked as Cora wrestled with a vine, having tied herself to a tree.

He sighed.

Once they got Cora untangled, Leo tied them all together and then they began to climb the mountain up to the others. They reached the nest and looked around.

"So the others aren't here, but neither is the mutant thing." Leo said. "April, what do you see?"

"I'm flying again. Just clouds. Do you see the hole?" She questioned, untying herself from Cora.

"Yeah, it's down there."

"Wait- it's right on top of us! Look out-"

April barely got the words out when they were hit by the bird thing. Leo and April jumped forward, while Cora lunged to the side.

Cora fell off the side of the mountain and tumbled down, landing roughly at the edge of the hole were Raph and the others were stuck.

She yelped as April and Leo rode the fish-bird-mutant thing before remembering that she was on solid land and they were on the ultimate sky rodeo.

"Guys!?" Cora called out. "Um, where are you?"

"We're down in the hole!" Donnie called up. "You're right next to it, don't fall in!"

Cora moved around until she found a hook and rope, before pulling the rope up and then digging one out of her bag. She tied it together, managing only to tie in one of her fingers in the process, then she dropped it down to the others.

Donnie grabbed her shoulder when he got out. "Can you still see April? Is she okay?"

"If you consider flying a giant mutant thing, okay, then yes." She replied, stumbling slightly when they dove into a lake.

Raph grabbed her arm and pulled her away, "Come on. We've got to get to higher-"

"Here they come!" Cora suddenly yelled and the creature emerged from the clouds.

Leo and April jumped off right before it crashed into the hole and landed next to the others.

"Woah, and now it's dark." April said.

"Why didn't anyone tell me I was facing a wall?" Cora huffed, walking over and grabbing April's shoulders again.

"Come on. If that creature is covering up the geyser, there won't be anywhere for the pressure to escape. The whole mountain will blow." Donnie told them.

Everyone ran off as the mountain started to shake and got off of it just as rocks started to explode outward.

April suddenly gasped.

"I can see again!"

Cora frowned and then April slumped.

"I can see. Out of Cora's eyes."

Both of the girl grumbled something rude about Donnie and everyone turned to him expectantly. He chuckled nervously and took a step back.

"Don't worry, I know exactly how to fix them."

"You better." Cora and April said simultaneously, looking at themselves through each other's eyes.

"Actually, guys, I know how to fix this." Mikey declared.

"You do?" Donnie asked.

"Yup. Same way I fix the T.V. when it stops working."

"I don't know if that's a good comp-"

Mikey reached out, grabbed Cora and April, and then he rammed them both into each other.

"MICHAELANGELO!"

▪️▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

Cora smiled and leaned against Leo, sighing as she watched the stars.

"Cora, I wanted to talk to you about something." Leo said.

She looked back at him. "Yeah?"

"The guys... we're all so caught up in T.V., and pizza, and electronics that we've completely disconnected from nature." Leo began. "Master Splinter always said that we had to be one with nature in order to really be one with ourselves. I'm going to take my brothers out to the woods for a few days to get back in touch with our spiritual selves."

Cora tilted her head. "I wouldn't know much about spiritual stuff, but if you think it's a good idea, then I do too."

Leo huffed. "That's not the response I was looking for."

"What, did you want me to hand out some quote?" She asked, punching his shoulder playfully.

"Yes."

Cora rolled her eyes and then both of them laughed.

"I'm glad you're here, Cora. I don't know if I could have gotten through this without you. I almost gave up today." He said.

"You're a tough guy. I'm sure you'd have been fine." She assured him.

Leo huffed. "Why won't you just take a compliment?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Well, why do you have to ask so many questions?" She demanded.

Leo shook his head and leaned back, "You're amazing."

Cora paused and looked at him. "Well, you stink."

Leo sat up and grabbed her, "What did you say?"

Cora tried to wiggle out of his grip, but Leo wasn't having it. "What did you say, Cora?"

"I- I said you're amazing too!" She exclaimed, laughing.

Leo shook his head. "That's not the answer I'm looking for!"

Cora huffed and went limp, making Leo fall back onto the roof, but he didn't let go. Cora turned around and looked at him.

"Thank you."

He grinned. "You're welcome."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.2K 530 9
[ One day in Donatello's lab, a triangular portal opens up from an unknown object- and a few familiar faces fall from it ] Bolded name are 2012 turtl...
50.8K 1.4K 29
Now that you're moved in with the turtles back on their Earth, you have more problems than you did before. Now you have to protect yourself from the...
770 40 17
Moon is a genius teen who exels in her studies, but it's all forced upon her by her rich and spiteful parents. Moon was never brave or daring, just g...
1.8K 65 23
They say the things you want most are those you can't have; that what people say you can't do are the actions you fight hardest to complete. Wil...