Polar Opposites

נכתב על ידי Arrowbolt5

Cora and Leo didn't have a lot in common. Leo was a fighter, he was brave and strong. A fearless leader. Cora... עוד

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The Beginning II
Chapter 3: Peace Said No
Chapter 4: Reasons to Trust
Chapter 5: Slow Steps
Chapter 6: Survivor's Guilt
Chapter 8: The Past
Chapter 9: I'm Here
Chapter 10: Strange Sights
Chapter 11: Battlefield
Chapter 12: Outsider
Chapter 13: Quarrel
Chapter 14: Teamwork
Chapter 15: Forever & Always

Chapter 7: Rude Awakening

230 6 0
נכתב על ידי Arrowbolt5

Cora walked up to her computer and decided to just focus on her work.

"Thank goodness you're back." Donnie breathed. "I cannot get through this shield."

She glanced at his computer. "Oh I got through that earlier. Here."

She sent a copy of her work to his computer and he huffed. "You are way better at this than me. Why am I even trying to help?"

Cora smiled, "Well you are way better than any of your brothers."

Donnie laughed. "Yeah, at least I have that."

Both of them turned around and went back to work, Donnie went through the Kraang's information on Earth and their scientific data. Cora went straight to the family files and started decrypting the information on Mrs. O'Neil.

She stopped when April walked in and noticed that Mikey was in here. She hated how well the turtles could sneak up on her without even trying.

"Hey, have any of you seen Mom?" She asked.

"No, what's up?" Donnie asked.

Cora looked at Mikey suspiciously.

"We sort of had a little argument earlier and now she's gone. Probably because Mikey freaked her out." April said, glaring at the orange turtle.

"Don't worry, April, I'm sure she's around. I'll be up in one minute to look for her." Mikey said monotonously.

"No thanks, Mikey. You've done enough." April told hin venomously before stomping out.

Cora walked over to Mikey. "What did you do?" She whispered.

"You were right. I'm sorry. What are you working on?" He asked.

Cora frowned and walked back to her computer. "About to crack into what the Kraang did to Mrs. O'Neil."

She started typing again and her algorithm translated the Kraang language into English. She frowned and began to read through it, but something strong and slimy suddenly grabbed her tightly around the waist.

"Ack!" She cried out. "Donnie!"

April's mom used her other pink appendages to grab the computer and slammed it into Donnie. He fell back and pulled out his staff.

"Warn the oth-" Cora gasped as the tentacle tightened and her breath was cut off.

"Hold on, Cora!" Donnie yelled, grabbing his staff agains and trying to stab April's not-mom.

The tentacles grabbed him too and Cora blacked out just as April's mom started to transform and then ate them.

Leo walked down the stairs a few moments later, having heard from April that Mrs. O'Neil was missing. He knew he saw her walk down here.

"Mrs. O'Neil? Uh, Mom?" He called out, stopping when he saw Donnie standing by the table.

"Hey, Donnie, where's Mom?"

And then April's freaking mom proceeded to eat Leo. And scare the crap out of Raph. When Raph found out, he ran outside and warned April and Casey, but they were all confronted by the mom creature again.

Everyone took cover in the barn until the creature dug through the floor and attacked them, eating Raph and Casey. Right before it had the chance to eat April, she screamed and sent out a sonic sound that exploded the momster.

Everyone groaned, covered in momster guts and green slime. They stood up.

"Is everyone okay?" April asked.

"Let me put it this way. I'm pretty sure I swallowed about 15 pounds of slime." He groaned.

Leo walked over to Cora, who was sitting on the floor, absolutely disgusted.

"I was just eaten." She muttered.

"Yeah. I know how you feel." Leo grinned, holding out his hand.

She grabbed it and pulled herself up. The slime covered floor make a swishing sound as she did so and Cora gagged.

"I'm gonna puke."

"If puke could puke, this would be it." Mikey agreed.

Cora ignored him and headed for the door. "I need a shower or five."

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

In the end, we found out that the momster was a failed infiltration experiment that looked like April's mom and had her memories.

But Leo had more things than April's not-mom on his mind as he walked to Cora's shack. He couldn't decide if she would be more mad at him or Mikey.

While everyone was outside training, Mikey had trashed the place with ice cream, pizza, and his crazy imitation of Crognard. They all got mad at him and told him to clean it, but instead, he ran away.

And while Cora would be furious that Mikey trashed the house, especially since the two of them had been on bad terms since the momster incident. But she would also be mad at them too for being rude to him and making him run away.

Leo knocked the door to her shack and there was a loud thump before she opened the door.

"Yes, Leo?"

"Well, uh, Mikey trashed the house again. And we yelled at him. And now he's missing." He told her nervously.

Cora stared at him for a moment before huffing and walking out. "Well, let's go find him."

Leo sighed in relief and followed after her.

"Do you know where he might have-"

He was cut off by the sound of frogs suddenly charging them. Leo pulled out his swords and pushed Cora behind him as they were surrounded.

The frogs must have been mutated from the mutagen that April's momster spilled.

"Human! Free the turtle!" One of the them ordered, looking at Cora.

"Um, huh?"

"The human reign of terror is coming to an end! Attack!"

"Run!" Leo told her, turning around and kicking away the frogs behind them.

Both of them took off, but the frogs were fast, they jumped after them furiously. Leo picked up Cora and ran faster, straight toward the farmhouse.

Raph was on the front porch with Casey, waiting for Leo and Cora to get back so they could start the search for Mikey. If they had been looking into the trees, they might have seen Leo and Cora approaching the treeline before Leo stepped on a branch with his injured leg and crumpled to the ground.

Leo and Cora cried out, tumbling forward with their momentum and landing next to each other. Leo groaned, holding his knee in pain. Cora scrambled to him and panicked, grabbing his sword with both hands and pointing it at the nearest frog as they surrounded them.

One of them grabbed it with their tongue and pulled it away before another caught Cora's foot and dragged her into their midst.

"Cora!" Leo cried out, trying to stand up.

The leader of the bunch knocked him back. "You have been freed! Rejoice! Frogs, we must now attack the house where there are even more evil humans!"

The frogs let out even more victorious croaks before charging past Leo into the house.

"No!" He yelled, trying to follow after them. His knee buckled and Leo collapsed back to the ground, helpless to stop the frogs from attack his family or taking Cora.

A small group dragged Cora through the woods back to their base and threw her into a cage. She sat there quietly with her arms wrapped around her knees, watching them all wearily.

After a few minutes, April's voice sliced through the air.

"Ugh! Get off of me, freak!" She yelled.

"Silence human!"

The basket made of branches was pulled up and Cora's eyes widened as Casey and April were brought up and thrown into the cages next to her.

Mikey suddenly dropped down from the trees above.

"Hey! What are you doing to my friends!?" He demanded.

"Friends? You said these humans were terrible to you. You escaped." The king frog reminded him.

"Oh, yeah, well, that's not exactly what I meant. See-"

Mikey was cut off by the frog who was in charge of their little army. "This human-lover lied to become accepted by us!"

"Live with humans, suffer with humans!" The frog king decided.

Two frogs jumped forward and grabbed Mikey, dragging him into a cage next to Cora while a frog with a shirt protested. His protests were cut short by the smarter looking frog, named Rasputin.

"Why can't we all just get along!?" Mikey whined.

The king frog scoffed and then proceeded to tell them about how the frogs used to live happy, peaceful lives before humans came and destroyed their lands to build cities.

Cora frowned, reminded of New York how it was right now. The Kraang invaded and stole the city, turning it into Dimension X just like how the humans stole the swamp from the frogs and turned it into a city.

The frogs kind of had a point.

So now the frogs were going to invade and take it back. Even though Cora was absolutely terrified, she did feel a little bit of pity for them.

The army gathered around, chanting, "Frogs rule! Frogs rule!"

And then Donnie fell out of a branch and landed on one. Everything went silent for a moment before they all charged him.

Raph jumped down and helped out Donnie. Cora's eyes were drawn to the tree branches above as frogs jumped up to fight Leo. Eventually, they knocked him down and Leo cried out as he landed roughly on his knee.

A knot formed in Cora's stomach at the sound of his pain, but it quickly turned to worry when he was attacked by the frog king.

Suddenly, the frog wearing a shirt jumped onto Cora's cage and she squeaked, falling back to the floor as he opened the door and then jumped off to Casey's cage.

Cora crawled to the edge of her cage and looked down, freaking out because of how far down the ground was.

"You've jumped off of higher places." She muttered to herself before jumping down.

Right into a full-fledged battle.

So being the great warrior she was, Cora just ran around being chased by frogs until April pointed out that the tree house was on fire.

"We've gotta run, dudes!" Napoleon, Mikey's frog friend, told everyone.

The frogs chasing Cora stopped and jumped away, so she ran to Leo and followed him onto one of the branch baskets down to the ground.

"You saved me." Attila, the frog king, said in shock to Casey and April.

"Not all humans are bad, Attila, just like how not all frog mutants are evil." April told him.

"Uh, perhaps there is a future where frogs, humans, and turtles can live together in harmony." Attila decided.

"What about your home?" Mikey asked. "Where are you going to go?"

"Down south. We have, like, 20,000 cousins in Louisiana. I got you some delicious flies." Napoleon told him, handing him a jar of flies, which Mikey immediately ate.

Everyone else, besides the frogs, stared at him in disgust.

"Hm, let me see if I have something for you..." Mikey pulled an old pizza out of his butt and handed it to Napoleon. "Nice and warm!"

"Thanks!"

And then the frogs headed out for Louisiana... in the wrong direction.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1.8K 65 23
They say the things you want most are those you can't have; that what people say you can't do are the actions you fight hardest to complete. Wil...
2.5K 85 36
Even after 6 years, Alyssa's life before Splinter took her in is still a mystery to him and the Turtles. Still, they trust her with their lives. Unbe...
506 31 21
She is independent and strong. He's the strong leader of the team. They have the same goals for different reasons. Can the find common ground or will...
377K 11.7K 35
"Aha! So you are soft! I knew it!" You poked him in the middle of the shell. "What-no! That's not what I meant-" "You act like you're this macho toug...