Fast Forward

By CJ_Adler

# F A S T F O R W A R D 'Finding your feet is... More

Description
The Rest of the Characters
Chapter 1: What To Expect When You're Not Expecting
Chapter 2: Touch and Go
Chapter 3: Stroke of Luck
Chapter 4: Spoiler Alert
Chapter 5: Go Team, Go!
Chapter 6: Jump the Gun
Chapter 7: Treading Water
Chapter 8: In Too Deep
Chapter 9: Touch Base
Chapter 10: Down Hill
Chapter 11: I Still Hate You
Chapter 12: Endgame
Chapter 13: Viva, Aqueela!
Chapter 14: My Husband Thing
Chapter 15: Our Little Family
Chapter 16: Damaged Goods
Chapter 17: Blindsided
Chapter 18: Heaven Only Knows
Chapter 19: My Wife Thing
Chapter 20: A While Isn't Long Enough
Chapter 21: Damage Control
Chapter 22: Team Player
Chapter 23: Shoot Your Shot
Chapter 24: Swing and a Miss
Chapter 25: Come Hell or High Water
Chapter 26: Without a Hitch
Chapter 27: Real Subtle
Chapter 28: On the Fly
Chapter 29: Straight off the Bat
Chapter 30: Chain Reaction
Chapter 31: A Marked Man
Chapter 33: Rays of Gold
Chapter 34: On Impulse
Chapter 35: Striking
Chapter 36: Adulting
Chapter 37: In Every Sense
Chapter 38: Hit by a Bus
Chapter 39: On Fire
Chapter 40: Life's Too Short
Chapter 41: Karma
Chapter 42: Magic
Chapter 43: Trust Me
Chapter 44: Unpredictable
Chapter 45: Shutting the Floor
Chapter 46: Soaring to the Surface
Chapter 47: Better Together
Chapter 48: Wish me Luck
Chapter 49: Wise Words
Chapter 50: Let Me Get This Straight
Chapter 51: Wordlessly

Chapter 32: Match your Pace

2.3K 96 74
By CJ_Adler

Chapter 32: Match Your Pace

The bed is so comfy that I don't have it in me to leave it – I know it's going to be chilly the second I do. Content, I snuggle into Jay's chest, seeking warmth. Unfortunately, not long after, I feel his arm slowly leave my waist.

I sigh into my pillow, hearing him get up for his daily run. The room is still dark and the space beside me is now open; cool air hitting my body. I groan, summoning the inner strength to force myself to sit up.

"What time is it?" I eventually speak, lazily pulling myself into an upright position.

He looks my way in surprise while pulling a shirt and hoodie over his head. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?"

I shake my head. "You did but I was planning on joining you today in any case."

Suspicious, he narrows his eyes at me as if trying to solve a puzzle. Suddenly, concern sweeps across his face. "Babe, are you sick?"

He's by my side in a flash before I can even blink.

"No," I yawn and push him away with one hand, adding little to no effort.

He furrows his eyebrows, unbelieving of what he's seeing. "You understand that it's four in the morning, right?"

"I must love you a lot," is my only explanation.

I stall for a second longer before finally dragging myself out of the bed and into the icy weather.

Slobber lifts his head to look at me, as shocked as Jay, before releasing a guttural noise of disapproval. He puts his head back down and curls deeper into the fluffy blankets.

After brushing our teeth, I start changing into one of my many exercise outfits, opting with black running tights and a black nylon vest.

"You're going to run..." Jay pauses before pointing at himself, "with me?"

Why is this so hard to believe?!

"Yeah," I confirm while putting my hair up into a high ponytail, "and I'm going to match your pace too," I tell him cockily.

He raises his eyebrows, taken aback by the challenge. He leans against the wall and bites his bottom lip, suppressing a grin, clearly amused. "Oh, really?"

"Really. Exercise caution because I'm about to be running circles around you," I reply and push my arms through a purple sweatshirt, feeling his gaze on me.

He crosses his arms over his chest and smirks, rising to the challenge. "You talk a big game, Klutz. I just hope you can put your money where your mouth is, but I doubt you're even a real contender."

I bend down to put on my shoes, aware that he's tracking my every movement. "Ten percent luck, twenty percent skill, fifteen percent concentrated power of will," I tie my laces, glancing up at him with fire in my eyes, "five percent pleasure, fifty percent pain," I stand up and walk past him, deliberately smacking my shoulder into him on the way out, "and a hundred percent reason to remember my name."

I just Fort-Minor-ed him.

He stays in place, stunned, taking a second to recover before chasing down the passage after me. "Doubt I'll ever forget your name." He grins teasingly, "That was so hot; I nearly needed a cold shower."

I grin to myself, proud. "Good."

*~*~*~**~*~*~*

I slam open the door and march into the room that Laiken has decided to inhabit for whoever knows how long. "Wake up, Lai-Lai!" I shout, startling him. "We're going on a run together."

I see it coming and move my head just in time before the pillow hits the wall behind me.

"Listen," he murmurs tiredly, covering his head with his blankets, hiding away from me, "your joke...it sucks."

"C'mon!" I clap my hands repeatedly, encouraging him.

He grunts, unable to block out the noise. "You're so annoying. I hate you."

"It's time to live your best life!" I yell.

"I am," he croaks, refusing to move an inch. "It's called sleeping."

I stride over to the bed and tug on his arm. "Please, Lai," I whine. "Indulge me."

With lightning-fast reflexes, he grabs my arm and yanks me forward. Next thing I know, I'm flat on my back on the bed and he's hovering over me with mischievous, playful eyes. "How about I indulge you in other ways?" he suggests in a sultry tone.

"I think I'll veto that one," I reply and shove him off of me so hard that he goes rolling onto the floor. I stand up and dust myself off before looking down at him. "Now that you're out of bed and everything, you might as well come running with us."

I flounce to Grey's room next, hearing Laiken shout into a pillow before he reluctantly trudges after me.

I bang open the demon's door, invading his privacy. "Grey! Grey! Grey! Ferrot! Ferrot! Ferrot!" I sing on the top of my lungs. "Get up, we're—"

I falter in my words when he gets out of bed and immediately starts toward me.

This was too easy. Someone got the memo for this morning.

"You might want to put a shirt on first," I advise. "It's cold out."

It's only when he's right in front of me with mussed hair that I see the inferno of white-hot rage bubbling forth through his ash-colored eyes. Before I can turn and run for my life, I feel myself being lifted up roughly and in a tight grip.

I place my hands on his bare shoulders to steady myself and glance down at him helplessly. He glances up at with me a look that sears right through me. The fact that he's not saying anything tells me that he's seething.

And then he's walking with sure feet.

"Ferry me to glory!" I cheer, elated to be taller for a few seconds even if I am about to be murdered in cold blood.

He walks me straight out of his room and drops me to the ground before shutting the door in my face and locking the door from inside, essentially one-upping me in my own game.

Laiken breaks out into a howl of laughter. "Why didn't I do that?"

"Because you're stupid," I answer for him, earning myself a glare.

"Are we ever going to go?" Jay asks, meandering over to us. He realizes where we're standing, quickly putting two and two together. He glances my way. "Please tell me you didn't, Aqueela."

"I did!" I chirp happily.

"This is the one and only morning where he actually gets to sleep in."

"Well," I hum, unfazed by the revelation, "that explains his mood."

"Let's just go," Jay wisely suggests, attempting to tug me away.

I raise my eyebrows threateningly at him.

He backs down instantaneously, releasing my hand. "Or not. We can not go too...if that suits you better."

Laiken shakes his head at my husband-thing. "It's ridiculous how whipped you are."

I lift my fist to Laik. He jumps back from me and flinches on instinct. "I'm sorry! Don't hurt me."

Jay shakes his head at him. "It's outrageous how afraid you are."

Lai shrugs. "It's not fun being on the receiving of her punches."

Jay nods. "I get that."

I ignore them and bang on Grey's door with my fist. "If you're living under this roof with us, you must partake in group activities! Tis the house rule!"

Jay starts, "Aqueela—"

"Not now, JJ!" I shush him and slam both my hands on the door. "Open up, Grey! Or else! You don't even want to know what thee 'or else' is!"

Jay sighs in frustration. "Aqueela, the—"

I yell over my fiancé, "C'mon, Ferrot, don't be a buzzkill, a killjoy, a fun sponge, a train smash! Open—"

I stop shouting when Jay simply opens the door for me. "There are no locks in this house. He was faking."

Refusing to believe that, because I'll look like a stupid, I drop my jaw in awe. "You are so strong, Jay," I say and run my fingertips over his bicep flirtatiously. "You single-handedly broke open the door." I kiss the top of his arm. "I'll reward you for that later."

Laik frowns, envious. "No fair."

I walk into the room for a second time, barely noticing the staggered expression on my husband-thing's face. "I don't care if you're joking, Aqueela. I'm taking you up on that," he says after me, meaning it.

I shrug him off. "Sure, my love. Whatever your heart desires."

Laik chuckles devilishly. "I don't think it's his heart that—"

I tune him out and skip over to Grey's bed. "You might as well wake up because if you don't, I'm just gonna stand here all day and scream." 

I demonstrate and let out a high-pitched scream. 

His eyes fly open. 

"That was just a taste," I inform him. "I'll continue, non-stop, in three, two—"

Before I can blink, Grey's already picked me up bridal style. Judging by the deadly scowl on his face, it's unsafe to assume that he's happy.

"You're like an annoying little puppy that keeps on yapping. I don't know why you are so invested in my participation in everything. You've really pushed me over the edge this time, and for that, you must go over the edge," he says in a deep, gravelly voice, still half-asleep.

My curious gaze widens as he pivots and approaches the window with a purpose. I cling onto him when he opens the window. "Grey, sweet Grey," I stare up at him pleadingly, "you're not thinking straight. No need to kill me over some lost sleep. No need at all."

His eyes are still burning with anger when he looks down at me in warning. "Don't try placating me, Lawson! I do not need to be placated!"

"Yes, you do!" I argue despite my situation. "You need to be placated in abundance because you've clearly lost all your marbles!"

"And now you're about to lose your life," he threatens, deliberately teetering over the edge of the window.

I squeeze my eyes shut and hold onto him even more tightly.

When nothing happens, I hesitantly open my eyes again, only to find Grey frozen solid in place. I hide my face in his uncovered chest and smile.

I knew he didn't have the nerve...

I'm lying, I was actually really worried that he'd find the nerve...

Jay, always my savior, shuts the window before I can be murdered. "Alright, fun's over, you two. Let's get going," he commands with a spring in his step. "I'm itching to get out there."

How nice it must be to be able to function at four in the morning, and with a smile on your face too...

Grey contemplates my fate for a second longer before gently placing me back to the ground, defeated. "I hate living. I hate being alive," he complains, spitting fire at Jay as if he's solely responsible for my actions. "I just wanted to sleep," he adds but throws on a shirt and a windproof jacket anyway.

I'm relieved to have my feet touching the floor again. I'm also relieved that I'm getting my own way, but I wasn't really expecting otherwise.

*~*~*~**~*~*~*

"Hustle, hustle, gentlemen...and Laiken!" I race ahead of all of them, pushing my short legs to keep moving.

"Hey!" Laik attempts to catch up to me but I pick up my speed, keeping some distance from him. "Get back here, you runt!"

We've just started and honestly, I'm about two seconds away from passing out. How did Jay let me get this unfit?! He's really irresponsible, sometimes.

Jay easily sprints past me, taking the lead. "Pace yourself, 'Queels," he advises, turning around to look at me while jogging backwards. "Speed isn't everything, you know? It's all about stamina," he winks flirtatiously at me before he takes off running again.

I roll my eyes when I see him do some free-running flips as he goes. Crazy people, who are also up early, stop in their tracks to watch him. He's in his element while the rest of us are miserable.

Laik sighs loudly. "Anyone else here hate him?"

I stick my hand up in the air. "Me!"

"I forgot he can do that," Grey remarks.

I glance sideways to see that the both of them are on either side of me. "How did you guys catch up so fast?"

"How do I put this nicely...you're slow, like really slow," Laik responds with brutality. "Have you run out of battery already?"

Yes! A thousand times yes!

"Please!" I scoff. "I'm just giving you two a fighting chance. I'll set the fastest lap later. I'll purple sector around this whole neighborhood."

Laik just grins, patronizing me. "Sure, Princess."

"You guys only caught up because I'm short, okay!" I snap at him, tired and cranky. "You're all tall. Ten of my strides is equivalent to one of your strides."

"Playing the short card? How low of you. I thought you were a bigger person than that," Laik jokes, using a cheesy play-on words – I didn't think he was smart enough for it.

I don't satisfy him with a response. Instead, I focus on surviving. I need to get through this alive.

Grey curses under his breath. "It's damn cold."

The wind is howling and it's still dark out but I'm going to choose to see the lighter side of life...even if there is no light right now, literally.

I breathe in the fresh, crisp air and force a grin on my lips. "Enjoy the beauty of this moment."

"I enjoy the beauty in sleeping," he replies, still annoyed at me for that.

"You could put Sleeping Beauty to shame with the way you're going on," I tease him, deliberately jostling into him.

He shoves me away and I nearly trip over my own two feet. I scowl at him, but he couldn't care less.

"You don't get it. I'm up early every morning to train with Jay and then I work the whole day. This is the only morning where I sleep in and you ruined it," he complains like a broken record. "That's unforgivable."

"Stop your squawking, parakeet," I reply, unfazed.

"I should have run you over with my car six years ago, and I should've thrown you out that window a few minutes ago," he mutters, significantly grumpier.

He'd miss me, no doubt.

"You and Jay hit the gym every morning?" Laik queries, glancing at Grey.

I stare at him, dumbfounded. My supermodel friend hasn't even broken a sweat – even his hair is still perfectly in place -- but I guess if he's going to be a pro football player, he has to be fit.

"We do different kinds of training. Sometimes, we go to the gym; other times, we'll just train at the park," Grey answers him without scorn, for once.

"Nice. Maybe I can join you guys before I leave..." Laik replies before glancing over at me. "What about you, loser?"

I shrug, not fond of this topic. "I went to the gym once and it was a lovely experience. I'm thinking about going pro."

"Pro what?" Laik questions before realizing that I'm hopeless. "You don't get how gyms work, do you?"

I hold my hand up to his face. "Don't give me snark, I want no snark today."

"You're the sassy one here," he retaliates with, dare I say it, snark.

I redirect my focus back to the grumpy one. "Grey," I sing, "who's better between Laiken and me?"

"Laiken," he answers instantaneously.

"You can take a second to think about it," I tell him, offended.

"No need."

I frown, displeased with that. "But like, if we were both on fire, and you could only save one of us, who would you—"

"Laiken," he answers again.

I glare at him. "But if I was closer—"

"Laiken," he simply answers, testing my patience.

"But if Laiken was already dead, then—"

"Still Laiken."

I pout. "But--"

"Lawson," he cuts me off, "why would I save you when I'm the one who set you on fire?"

I furrow my brows, confused. "Why did you set me alight in this hypothetical scenario?"

"Why not?" 

"And why save Laik over me? You hate Laiken," I protest.

"It says a lot, doesn't it?"

There's an evil smirk imprinted on his lips. It's like he gets off on seeing me bothered by something that he's said.

"No more talking from you!" I shout at him, nearly panting from exhaustion at this point. "Enough with all the talking!"

Talking and running...not a good combination...

"You're the one who keeps asking him questions," Laik points out like a smart ass.

"And you're the one who's going to be in pain in three, two—" I abruptly stop talking and punch him in the gut.

"C'mon now!" he hisses and shoots me an irate look.

I hold up my hands innocently. "I did warn you."

"As if that clears your name," he says with a glower. He then notices my dying form before grinning knowingly. "Are you struggling, my mon chéri?"

Last I checked, I'm not a man...

I nod, stopping to take a breather. My limbs are on fire. I turn to Grey for help. I stretch my arms out to him and pout. "Uppy?"

He takes one look at me and keeps on running. "No, thanks. I'll pass."

"But I'm dying!" I call after him, needing to be picked up.

"It builds character!" he calls back, unconcerned.

"What a jerk!" I huff.

Laik remains beside me. "You good to go again?" he asks impatiently, refusing to leave my side.

"Stop humoring me," I order him. "I know you can run a lot faster. Stop holding back for me. Be mean like Grey and go."

"I'm not leaving you by yourself, Law," he replies before crouching down before me. "Get on my back. We'll purple sector together."

Where's his bravado now? This is the side to him that I miss seeing.

"I think I love you," I tell him, climbing onto his back without a second thought. I feel him grab my thighs and stand up. I rest my head on his shoulder and smile in content. "Onward, noble steed."

"Don't make me drop you," he threatens but begins running again, trying to catch up with Grey.

Comfortable, I close my eyes, but my mind begins to wander.

"Hey, Laik..." I say softly, doubting myself, "how is Zac?"

The question is out before I can stop myself.

Lai's whole body stiffens in surprise for a second before he loosens up again. "He's doing alright. He's going through major withdrawal symptoms, but I think his guilt is fighting against it. He's very remorseful."

I can tell that this topic is not easy for him to speak about. Back in New York, he and Zac were very close. He's also relatively close to Bell. He must feel as conflicted as I do.

"He asked about you, by the way," he hesitantly mentions.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Because," he replies quietly, "I know you don't want to talk about him and I didn't want to make you uncomfortable."

I sigh, feeling at odds with myself. "I'm sorry, Lai."

He releases a tense breath. "Life is hard."

His words catch my attention. I can almost feel the distress he's feeling.

I lift my head. "What else is going on, Lai? You can tell me."

I count the number of seconds that go past, 133 seconds to be exact, before he decides to answer me:

"My mom's not doing well."

I stay silent, waiting for him to find the strength to let me in.

"I found out, a day before I came here, that she has breast cancer," he adds, his voice shaky. "The prognosis is not looking too good. They can't do much more."

I feel my heart sink. As far as I know, Laik's only recently rekindled his relationship with his biological mom. To have to lose her now would be devastating.

"Oh, Laik," I whisper and throw my arms around his neck, hugging him. I don't really know what else to say. All I can do is offer emotional support and some level of physical comfort.

He sucks in a deep breath. "I also had a falling out with Mase. I'm guessing he didn't mention it to you?"

I shake my head. "He's been low-key, lately."

"Don't take offense. He's been swamped with work. He's under a lot of stress and I made it so much worse on him," he confesses.

"What happened?"

"I slept with two women. I slept with one of our key investors and with one of our biggest clients. As it turns out, they're related. They found out and...yeah, the company lost both of them. The media and press have been all over it. It's a scandal now. I've created a lot of complications for Mase."

I wince. Poor Mase.

"He had a go at me. He's temporarily cut off all my funding while he decides whether to kick me out or not. I'm kind of broke at the moment. But in any case, I don't think I belong there anymore. I'm only sabotaging Mase's hard work."

I rest my head on his shoulder again. I won't defend his actions but he has been dealing with a lot – Zac, his mom, the stress of being drafted, and now this thing with Mason.

"Aren't you gonna yell at me and tell me how bad I screwed up or how selfish I am?" he asks when I fail to say anything.

I could, but...

I shake my head and hug him again, careful not to strangle him, even though a small part of me wants to. "I think I've done enough of all that. Right now, I think you just need someone to love on you."

"I'll never be opposed to your loving but being loved on is what got me into this mess in the first place," he jokes, trying to lift the mood.

I hit him softly upside the head. "Not that kind of loving! I'm talking real love."

A laugh floats past his lips before a shadow of a smile is left behind. "You're the most beautiful soul I've ever met. If I haven't said it before, I kind of love you, Law."

I smile, trying to stifle a yawn. "I kind of love you too, Lai."

We've come a long way since high school. I never thought we'd be good friends. Since New York, there's been a real understanding between us. I adore this side to him, but he rarely shows it.

"Thanks for carrying me," I tell him, breaking the silence.

"I'd carry you a million times over if it meant making up for the past," he replies, regretful.

"I've told you before, I don't need you to make up anything to me," I repeat previous words of mine that I've uttered to him before.

"I'd still like to try."

"There's Grey and Jay up ahead," I change topics, not wanting us to linger on this.

The two of them are waiting at the corner with a third person. Jay's holding a paper takeaway bag that hopefully contains lots and lots of delicious food – I need to replace the calories I just lost.

They're talking but not looking our way.

Laiken lowers me to the ground before they can spot us. "Let's go, Aqueela!" he purposely shouts, instantly motivating me – it doesn't take much. "You're doing great!"

I fall in line, following his act, and begin flat out running. "Piece of cake!" I shout back loudly, capturing the attention of my intended audience.

"I'm calling it, no way she ran the whole way," I hear Grey say to the others in disbelief while wiping some of his dark hair out of his eyes.

A few seconds later, Laik and I come to a stop in front of them. I beam at the shocked faces, proud of my non-existent efforts. What they don't know, won't hurt them.

"Congratulations, dweeb, you've reached the halfway point!" Max spins around to high-five me, stunning me on so many different accounts.

I automatically place my palm against his hand but feel my heart drop. "We're only halfway?!" I ask, shocked, defeated, broken, dead.

Grey starts laughing and fist-bumps Max. "You were right. It was worth seeing her facial expression."

"Told you so," Max replies smoothly before handing me his bottle of water. "Benefits of knowing her for years and years. Of course, there are way more cons than pros," he tells Grey while ruffling my hair with his knuckles.

Grey nods, agreeing. "Can confirm."

I glare up at Max for starting something but angrily sip his water anyway. "What are you even doing here, dork?" I ask, swatting his hand away.

"I bumped into him again," Jay clears it up for me, putting his hood over his head when the wind starts to pick up. "A lot of the time, our running routes intersect," he explains.

I tend to forget that Max also loves his long-distance runs.

"We catch-up every other morning. It's great," Max boasts.

I gasp. "You guys are having secret friendship time without me?!"

Max nods enthusiastically. "We go to amusement parks, and get ice-cream, and--"

"I can't believe this!" I hiss bitterly.

"We don't go to amusement parks," Jay shoots Max a look for deliberately vexing me. "Also, you never want to run," he reminds me, pinning the blame on me -- a typical man move. Whether he's right or not is besides the point.

"Speaking of running, how far have I run today?" I question, curious.

Jay checks his Fitbit. "Laiken has carried you for approximately three miles."

How does he always know everything?!

Laik steps in to defend me, "Bro, give credit where credit is due. She ran about a mile on her own."

Jay looks my way in in surprise and high-fives me, pulling me into a hug straight after. "Great, 'Queels. It's a start."

I push back from him. "A start? You mean I have to do this again?!" I exclaim, not on board with the idea.

He shrugs. "That's up to you. I hope you will though. You can only improve."

He almost makes me want to repeat this hell. He should be a motivational coach or something.

"Alright, lovebirds, enough chit-chat! Let's run back so that I can see your guys' new place," Max urges with bright eyes, actively trying to kill me.

I dramatically fall to the ground and grab my leg, rolling around chaotically, nearly tripping Grey. "Ouch! Owe! Cramp! Cramp!" I feign pain, channeling my inner soccer player.

Grey's dark eyes flicker over me as he steps away from me. "Pathetic."

Max snorts, aware that I'm faking. "Is that the best you got? How tragic."

"Dude," Laik elbows him.

"Sorry. How below average," Max corrects himself. "Seriously, no one's buying this. It looks like an exorcism."

I glower up at him but smile when the two start conversing with each other. The conversation looks easy. They're getting along despite Zac and despite their history in high school.

I quickly remember that I'm supposedly hurt. I groan aloud yet again. "I think we'll have to call a cab for me or something," I plant the idea in their heads. "Uber or Lyft or a Limo is good too. Nothing fancy. I'd hate to worsen the injury."

"The only injury you have is your brain," Grey states stoically.

Jay strolls over to me and kneels down before me. "Do you need to be carried again?"

I place the back of my hand on my forehead and sigh in an over-the-top way. "Perhaps. Won't you be a dear?"

He places an arm under my back and under my legs before lifting me up into his arms. "I'm only doing this because I don't want you lagging behind again."

"And because you love me," I insist.

He tilts his head from side-to-side, weighing it up in his head. "Meh. That doesn't really factor in."

I slap his arm, unimpressed. "I don't want you hanging out with Grey anymore."

He can't help but grin, finding me amusing. "That might be difficult considering he lives with us now."

"I can look past your sins but only because you're carrying me home." I wrap my arms around his neck and lean up to peck his lips. "How thoughtful of you." I pull back to look in into his captivating baby blues. "If you were only this thoughtful thirty minutes ago before you took off on your own..."

He holds up the bag in his hands. "I ran ahead to get you—well, everyone, but mostly you—breakfast."

"Oh. So, you were legitimately being thoughtful then when you ran off?" 

 Of course, he was.

He nods. "I guess."

Pleased, I place my lips on him a second time. "You're forgiven." Something occurs to me soon after and I immediately change my mind, breaking the kiss. "Wait! No, you're not. What's in the bag?"

He's not out of the woods just yet.

"Breakfast wraps," he answers in ease before trying to kiss me again.

I press my finger to his lips, stopping him. "Disappointing."

He rolls his eyes and smiles down at me. "I also got a bagel with cream cheese."

"C'mere," I gesture bossily, taking the lead. When he lowers his head, I kiss his lips a third time. "Now, you're truly forgiven."

Laik coughs, uncomfortable. "Anyone else hate how they act like we're not around?"

From the corner of my eye, I notice Max and Grey both raise their hands.

*~**~*

Hey, guys :)

1. Why do you think Aqueela decided to go running? 

2. Thoughts on Lai's reaction to being woken up? 

3. What did you think would happen when Grey got out of bed? 

4. Do you feel sorry for Grey and Laiken? 

5. Should Grey be forced to partake in house activities? Why/why not?

 6. Would you classify Jay and Grey as gentlemen? Why/why not?

 7. Do you believe that Grey would save Laiken over Aqueela? Why/why not?

8. Thoughts on what Lai's going through?

9. Thoughts on how Mase might be coping?

10. Thoughts on Lai and Aqueela's friendship?

11. Thoughts on Max and Jay having 'secret friendship time'?

12. Favourite part/one-liner of this chapter? Why?

Thank you for reading! :D

~ CJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 119 16
Samuel West has everything he wanted, a loving family that would do anything for him to be happy, a three year old son whom he loves the most, Ceo of...
1M 31.8K 49
Hometown girl Rebekah Miller finally returns home. She's searching for a fresh start after living in California for many years straight after graduat...
1.6K 130 9
Most impressive ranking: #2 Pause out of 17 stories (29th June 2018) This is a one-shot of 'Rewind' by 'CJ_Adler'. 'His existence is my existence' ~...
2M 50.6K 33
"Talk to you about it?" I asked with a dark laugh. "it's not as easy as you make it sound," "Yes, Garret! Talking! You know what that is right? It's...