Chapter 18: Heaven Only Knows

"Jay!" I shout in excitement at seeing him waiting just outside the house for us. "Jay! Jay! Jay! JJ! JJ! JJ! J-Bear!"

Impatient, I try to hop out of Grey's car before he's even fully stopped it but he, unfortunately, uses the strength in his one hand to grab me by the bottom of my shirt. Before I can jump, he furiously yanks me back inside.

"Kill yourself in your own time, please," Grey lectures me, keeping his vice-like grip on me. "I don't need blood stains under the wheels of my car," he adds, only releasing me once the car has stopped moving completely.

Ignoring him, I slam open the door and sprint into Jay's arms. He laughs and catches me before lifting me up and twirling me around. He puts me down and kisses me gently, his soft lips molding perfectly against my own.

I love him. I love Jay Taylor.

He pulls back from me a few seconds later and smiles down at me in bliss. "Don't ever leave us for so long again," he tells me, gesturing to Slobs who is licking my feet and frantically turning around in circles, asking for my attention.

I bend down to pat my furry baby and kiss him on his wet nose. I glance up at my fiancé and nod at his request. "Only if you promise not to force me to go anywhere with Grey and Zac again. It was pure torture," I lie and send Grey a wink, just teasing him. "Ferrot nearly got us all killed after first threatening to send the car into a brick wall," I tell my doting husband-thing.

"What?" Jay sputters in concern and arches an eyebrow at Grey, seeking an explanation from him.

Grey frowns at me and shakes his head while helping a sleepy Zac out of the car. "You're such a freaken tattletale, Lawson."

I stand up and shrug at Grey before kissing Jay again – he asked for many kisses and I don't go back on my word...much. "I love you," I tell my fiancé with a giant smile and kiss him a few more times on the lips.

Man, I'm getting clingy.

"Good," he replies, meeting my kisses with his own. "Don't ever stop," he orders, being all cute and affectionate with me.

"You two are gross," Grey makes a face at us and cringes, trying to get the image out of his head.

"I'd rather be gross than be a loser," I retort and stick my tongue out at him.

"Too bad you're both," Grey responds, always quick with the wit.

I look to Jay for backup but he merely looks down at me and shrugs. I slap him on the chest and he starts laughing.

Feeling extremely awake and alive after being trapped in a car with two maniacs, I take Jay's hands into my own and force him to dance with me under the moonlight. Delighted, I grin when he actually lets me lead him in a goofy waltz.

"Why do I always do these kinds of cheesy activities with you?" Jay asks aloud, looking down and concentrating on following my feet.

"Because you're head-over-heels for me," I answer for him knowingly.

"I prefer the term 'whipped'," Grey buts in, interrupting our little moment. "And 'pitiful'."

Ignoring Grey, again, I spin Jay around like the man would do the woman, having difficulty in doing so because he's much taller than me. As a result, we both fall into each other's arms and crack up laughing.

Zac silently joins in on his own accord and tries to dance with us without saying a word. Jay pulls his brows up and looks to me for answers, subtly taking a few steps back from Zac Attack.