The MaAn Journey

By NomadForLife

It is my first fanfiction... This is a story of anupama after she divorced vanraj and moved out of shah house... More

Note
Introduction
Self Doubt
The Internship
Manhattan
Family
The Shadow of the Past
Teaser
New Character Alert !!!
Meet The Boss
Rewind
Secrets and Support
Dosti
The Reunion
17 Years Ago...
Distant yet Close
The Bid
Chaos !!
Heading Home
Mind Games
Calm before the Storm
The Newspaper Scandal
Revealed !!!
Play The Man !!
All They Need Is A Push
Anupama Meets Anuj
Vanraj Creates A Scene
Important Note
An Unexpected Visit
Home
Teaser 2
Udaan
Entangled !!
Not Your Fault !!
Favours !!
Assumptions
A Fresh Start !!
Friends ?
Learning From Each Other
Festivities !!
Samar
Missing Each Other!!
Anuj bonds with Pakhi
Anuj at the Dance Academy
Anupama enjoys Anuj's company!!
Anuj comes up with a Plan.
The Launch Pooja
An Uninvited Guest !!
Anuj's Advice to Anupama
The Beginning of Karma for Vanraj !!
The Aftermath !!
Anupama at Anuj's Place
No Way Out !!
An Important Update !!
Karma and Longing !!
Shifting Dynamics And Evolving Bonds !!

Shame !!!

1.2K 85 54
By NomadForLife

Thank you for showing all the love and support for my fanfiction❤️❤️

Vikram's Office, AK Group Ahemdabad

17th July 2022, 4:00 pm

The whole situation was worrisome. Vikram was pacing the length of his office back and forth with his stomach in knots. He was torn between his duty towards his employees and his love for his friend. If he lets his employees know about the footage, it will put Anupama in a jeopardy and if he doesn't then it will be unfair to his employees and his company. He knew only one person could help him with this and it was time to tell him. He picked up his phone to call him when he heard a knock on the door.

Vikram :- Come in

It was Ishika.

Vikram:- Ishika what are you still doing here?

Ishika:- Sir I stayed because I thought you might need something.

Vikram:- It's alright....you can go home....It's Sunday...you don't need to be in office.

Ishika:- Sir...

Vikram:- Yes

Ishika:- Ms Joshi seems to be a pretty decent woman and I know she didn't do it but if you keep hiding this from your employees and they come to know through someone else...then it might affect your credit in the company.

Vikram sighed.

Vikram:- I understand your concern Ishika....but you don't have to worry about it. The only thing you need to make sure is that they don't hear it from you...Got it?

Ishika:- Sure sir....I should take your leave now...

Vikram nodded and Ishika turned and walked out of his office.

Vikram went back to his desk and called Anuj but his phone was not reachable. He called again but still no answer.

Vikram (to himself):- It's 7 in the morning there so there is no chance he would be in office. I should probably call GK.

He called GK and he picked up.

Over the call...

Vikram:- Hello...

GK:- Haan Bunty....how are you maan?

Vikram:- I am good GK....aap kaise hai?

GK:- Mai to humesha ki tarah awesome....

Vikram:- GK wo Anuj ka phone lag nhi rha...wo ghar pe hai kya?

GK:- Nhi Maan....wo to subah subah Seattle ke liye nikal gaya...kisi meeting ke liye...

Vikram:- Meeting on a Sunday?

GK:- Pata nhi Maan...subah se pareshan tha Anupama ko lekar....bol rha tha kuch theek nhi lag rha...

Vikram took a gulp.

Vikram:- GK jaise hi wo wapas aaye....please use bolna mujhe turant call kare....it's very urgent...

GK:- Kya hua beta...kuch problem hai kya?

Vikram:- Haan GK...kuch business related tha...

He didn't want to bother GK.

GK:- Okay...jaise hi wo aata hai mai bolta hoo...

Vikram:- Thank you GK...

Saying this he cut the call.

Vikram was anxious as he couldn't reach Anuj and didn't know how to handle this situation.

Vikram (to himself):- Isse pehle ki iske bare me kisiko kuch bhi pata chale....mujhe real culprit ko dhundhana padega...yhi ek raasta hai Anu ko is situation se nikalne ka.....

He opened his computer to look at the footage again and sighed.

Shah House, Ahemdabad

18th July 2022 , 8:00 am

Baa, Kavya, Vanraj, Toshu and Bapuji were having breakfast on the dining table.

Baa:- Vanraj....Pakhi bata rhi thi ki Anupama ji teri hi company me naukari kar rhi hai....

Kavya:- Haan Baa....aur to aur use to nye project ka marketing head bana ke rakkha hai....

Kavya said annoyed.

Baa:- Mera bechara beta....yeh Anupama ne ghar chod diya lekin humara peecha nhi choda...

Bapuji was listening to all this silently.

Toshu:- Mummy bhi na chup chap dance academy nhi chala paa rhi thi....aab unhe is umar me college jaake bhi hme embarass karna tha...

Vanraj:- Use mera jeena jo haram karna tha....yeh aurat mera peecha chodne ka naam hi nhi leti....

Bapuji:- Wo nhi leti....ya tu uska peecha chodne ka naam nhi leta....sab kuch to cheen liya tune usse....aab kya naukri bhi cheenega...

Bapuji interrupted as he wasn't able to tolerate Vanraj's and Baa's taunts.

Baa:- Aapko to sirf apni Beti hi dikhayi deti hai....kabhi aapne apne bete ke bare me socha hai ki uspe kya guzarti hogi roz use apne samne kaam karta hua dekh....

Bapuji was irked and therefore he set his plate aside, folded his hands in apology for wasting food and walked away.

Baa:- Are kha jaa rhe hai...nasta to kar lijeye...

But Bapuji didn't listen and walked away.

Vanraj:- Jane dijeye Baa...Bapuji ka gussa thanda hoga to kha lenge...

Baa nodded.

Kavya:- V....abhi tak to office me wo baat fail jaani chaiye thi...

Kavya whispered to Vanraj under her breath.

Vanraj:- Shayad Vikram ko pata nhi chala ho abhi tak....

Kavya:- But ho sakta hai khi wo us Anupama ko protect nhi kar rha ho...

Vanraj:- Ho sakta hai...

They were talking to each other in a low voice.

Baa:- Yeh tum dono kya baatein kar rhe ho...

Vanraj:- Kuch nhi baa bas office ka kuch discuss kar rhe the...mai abhi bas ek call karke aata hoo...

Saying this he stood up and went to call someone.

A few moments later he came back and sat on the chair to continue with his breakfast.

Kavya tapped on his hand and raised her eyebrows in question.

He closed his eyes and gestured her to relax.

Anu and Devika's apartment
Ahemdabad

18th July 2022, 9:00 am

Anupama was looking through her cupboard trying to find the perfect outfit for the first day at her job.

Anu(to herself):- Mere pass itne sare kapde to hai....fir kuch samjh kyu nhi aa rha kya pehnu....pant suit pehnu ya kurti...kuch samjh kyu nhi aa rha..

Saying this she scratched her head still pondering over what to wear when Devika knocked at the door.

Devika:- Anu...

Anu:- Haan khol rhi hoo...

She opened the door of her room.

Devika:- Anu tu abhi tak ready nhi hui....office ke liye late ho jayega...

Anu:- Yrr Devu kuch samjh hi nhi aa rha kya pehnu...

Devika:- Anu...tera job ka pehla din hai...office ka nhi ki tu itna soch rhi...

Anu:- Haan but fir bhi...

Devika:- Chal mai help karti hoo...

Saying this she barged in and looked at the clothes lying on her bed.

Anu:- Yeh maine kuch sort out kiye hai...but samjh nhi aa rha kaun sa select karu...

Devika:- Anu kapde khareedne nhi...pehenne hai...

Saying this Devika chuckled.

Devika:- Anu tu yeh pehan le...accha lagega...

She picked up a blue kurti and handed it to her.

Anu:- Nhi mujhe wo printed wala better lag rha...

She pointed towards a long printed kurti.

Devika:- Accha to fir whi pehan le na....

Anu:- Umm....

Devika:- Anu...late ho jayegi...jaldi decide kar...

Anu:- Haan mai whi pehan leti hoo...waise bhi late ho rha...

She said looking at the time on the clock.

Devika:- Chal tu jaldi ready ho jaa sath me chalte hai....maine apni car servicing ke liye di hai to tujhe mere ko drop karna padega...

Anu:- Devu mujhe time lagega...mujhe office se pehle mandir bhi jaana hai....aur tera office bilkul opposite side hai....ek kaam kar tu car leke jaa...aaj mai auto se chali jaungi...

Devika:- Are mai cab le lungi na...tu chill kar...

Anu:- Nhi nhi aaj wo tu office se late bhi aane wali hai to tu car leke jaa....raat me pata nhi cab mile na mile...

Devika:- Pakka?

Anu:- Haan pakka....tu aaj car leke jaa...

Devika:- Okay fir mai nikalti hoo....mujhe late ho rha...

Anu:- Bye...

Devika:- Bye....all the best...

Saying this Devika left.

Anu(to herself):- Chal Anu tu bhi jaldi ready ho jaa nhi to aaj pehle din hi late ho jayegi....

She picked up her clothes and went into the washroom to change.

After a few moment, she came out of the washroom applied a little make up and packed her bag for the office.

Anu's dress

She took a final look into the mirror and left for office.

Vikram's Office, AK Group Ahemdabad

18th July 2022, 10:00 am

Vikram hadn't left the office since yesterday. He was laying on his couch still wondering who could have leaked their bids. He had tried everything to find out the culprit but still there was not a single sign of him.

He double checked his system to find if anyone ever accessed that folder with his passcode in the past few days. He recalled if he left the file somewhere outside his office where anyone could take a peek at it but he never did. He knew his research team was the one to bring up the allegations of fraud against the company but for all he knew it could be anyone of them who leaked the bid. So he called his guy to keep an eye over every member of the research team who decides the bids but still didn't find a single clue.

He was stressed and tired as he couldn't find a single way out and Anuj was still unreachable.

He stood up from the couch to strech his legs when he heard a knock on his door.

Vikram:- Come in...

Ishika was surprised to see him in office this early in the morning that too in the same clothes from yesterday.

Vikram:- Yes Ishika...

Ishika:- Sir you didn't go home...

Vikram:- No....I had to find out about the whole bid thing....so was trying to look up everything related to it...

Ishika:- Any clue yet?

Vikram :- Not a single...

He sighed.

Vikram:- Can you please call...

He was interrupted.

Both of their phones pinged at the same time. It was a message from an unknown number.

They looked at it and the colour of their face was washed away.

Vikram:- WHATT THE HELL?

Vikram yelled in anger while Ishika was still looking at the video.

It was a video of Anupama searching Vikram's office for a file and then finally taking a glance at the tender file.

Ishika:- Sir I swear I didn't tell anyone....

She said in a panicky voice.

Vikram:- I know Ishika you didn't but someone did and I need to find out who...

He said in a vexation.

Vikram:- Ishika....I am going down to the security department while you call Anupama and ask her to not to come to the office today....

Saying this he walked towards the door and as soon as he opened it....his research team was standing in front of him....

Vikram:- What are you guys doing here?

Employee 1:- Sir can we come in?

He asked politely.

Vikram:- Yeah sure...

He tried to calm down and asked them to come in while he gestured Ishika to go and call Anupama.

Ishika left to call Anupama and Vikram walked to his desk and took a seat.

Vikram:- Yes...you had to say something?

He asked the research team.

One of the members opened a video on their mobile and kept it on the desk in front of Vikram.

Vikram looked down at the video and found it to be the same he received a few minutes ago.

Vikram:- I have received the same video on my phone and had a look at it.

Employee 3:- Sir if you did have a look at it, then we don't have to tell you that what needs to be done.

Vikram knew what they were talking about.

Vikram:- Guys let's have some patience....we received the video from an unknown number...it could be anyone trying to bring down our company's reputation...

Employee 2:- Sir are you saying if we take a look at the security footage, we wouldn't find Ms Joshi looking at the tender file?

Vikram:- No but....

He was interrupted.

Employee 4:- Sir as far as we know only security department has this footage so it means it is someone from our office who has send this and I don't think anyone from our office would send this with the intention of diminishing our reputation....if that was the case they would have leaked into the media.

Vikram was in silence as he didn't know what to say.

Vikram(in thoughts):- They are right...it has to be someone from the office....but who would want to implicate Anu and why?....Perhaps someone is trying to cover up their own doings by implicating her....I need to find out...

Vikram was lost in these thoughts when one of his employees spoke.

Employee 3:- Sir...

This brought Vikram back to the present.

Vikram:- Yes....

He came out of his reverie.

Employee 1:- Sir we don't know who send us the video but it says enough about how our bid was leaked. We have worked night and day for this project researching each and every aspect of it and we lost because someone leaked it to the other company.

Employee:- Sir we don't know why you trust Ms Joshi so much but to us it is clear she is the one who leaked the bid and we want her gone.

Vikram was in a quandary. Doing right by his employees meant doing wrong by Anupama. So he tried to find a middle ground.

Vikram:- I understand everything you said and every bit of hardwork you put into the project but you and Ms Joshi both work for our company. I have the same obligations towards her as towards you. If I completely deny the security footage, that would be unfair to you guys and if I fire Ms Joshi over just a security footage without proper investigation, that would be unfair to her. You have always trusted me with every decision. This time all I am asking of you is to have a little bit of patience and faith in me.

Saying this he looked at them for an answer and they nodded in a agreement.

Vikram:- So can you please give me two days to make a decision?

Employee 3:- Sir we have always believed in you and we all trust you to make the right decision.

They nodded in assurance.

Vikram:- Thank you....

They all turned and walked out of his office.

As soon as they left, Ishika entered.

Vikram:- Ishika, did you call Anupama and told her to not to come to office?

Ishika:- Sir I tried but she isn't answering her phone.

Vikram:- Keep calling her.

He sighed and picked up his phone to call Devika when Ishika interrupted....

Ishika:- Sir there is one more thing..

Vikram:- Yes

Ishika:- The board of directors have called for a meeting this noon to discuss the leaked bid.

Vikram:- SHITT !!

Vikram sighed in exasperation.

Vikram:- When is the meeting?

Ishika:- 12 noon.

Vikram:- Okay...you go and do your work and keep calling Anupama and if she enters the office, inform me ASAP.

Ishika:- Okay sir...

Saying this Ishika left.

Vikram looked for Devika's number on his phone and called her.

She picked up the call.

On the call...

Vikram :- Devika....Anu tere saath hai?

Devika:- Nhi aaj mai office ke liye jaldi nikal gayi thi....so...

Vikram:- Okay...

Devika:- Wo pahuchti hi hogi office...raaste me hogi...

Vikram:- Haan mai dekhta hoo..

Devika:- Kya hua Bunty...tu itna pareshan kyu hai...?

She asked worried.

Vikram:- Devu....bahut badi gadbad ho gayi hai...yrr...

Devika:- Kaisi gadbad?

Vikram told her everything.

Devika :- WHATT ?

Devika yelled in shock.

Devika:- Bunty aur tu mujhe yeh aab bata rha hai?

Vikram:- Yrr mujhe laga chota sa matter hai solve ho jayega....maine socha tha Anu se baat karunga puchunga ki usne wo file kyu dekhi thi...sab clear ho jayega....aur wo footage sirf maine aur Ishika ne dekha tha to mujhe laga kuch bhi karne se pehle mai real culprit ko dhundu aur fir batau....but pata nhi itna bada mess kaise ho gaya...

Devika:- Anu ko pata hai ?

Vikram:- Nhi...isiliye uska call try kar rha hoo tabse utha nhi rhi wo....tu karke dekh please and agar wo call uthaye to please ask her to not come to the office....I don't want ki koi bhi use kisi baat ke liye sunaye....

Devika:- Mai dekhti hoo...

Saying this she cut the call.

Kanhaji's temple, Ahemdabad

18th July 2022, 10:30 am

Anupama stood before Kanhaji's idol praying with her hands in unison before a new beginning in her life.

Anu:- Hee kanhaji...aapko to abhi tak meri prarthana ki aadat ho gayi hogi...aaj bhi bas whi sab mangana hai...baa Bapuji ki health theek rhe...mere bacche jaha bhi rhe bas khush rhe..bas aaj ek choti si cheez apne liye mangana chahti hoo......aaj tak aapne meri bahut parikhsha li hai....aaj bahut dino baad aisa lag rha ki finally sab theek hoga... please aab kuch gadbad mat hone dijeyega....dhyan rakhjo....

She took the prasad from the priest and brought it to her head before eating it as a sign of prayer.

She came out of the temple and took out her phone from her bag which was constantly buzzing throughout her prayer to have a look at it.

She saw 5 missed calls from Ishika, 3 from Vikram and Devika.

Anu(to herself):- Yeh Vikram aur Ishika ke itne saare calls kyu pade hai...khi office me koi emergency to nhi....

She looked at her watch and she was late by an hour.

Anu(to herself):- Anu tu aaj kitni late ho gayi hai...jaldi pahuch office....Devika ko baad me call kar lena...

She soon found an auto and left for office.

AK Group, Ahemdabad

18th July 2022, 11:30 pm

Anupama reached her floor and found it to be unusually silent. She was walking down to her cubicle when she saw everyone was looking at her in a strange way.

Anu(to herself):- Yeh sab mujhe aise kyu dekh rhe hai.....

As soon as she reached her cubicle and put her bag down on her desk wondering what's it all about, Kiara....whose cubicle was just next to her.....stood up to leave.

Anu:- Kiara kya hua kha jaa rhi ho?

Kiara stood silent.

Anu:- Aur yeh sab log mujhe aise kyu dekh rhe hai?

The sound of a loud clap broke the unusual silence lingering in the atmosphere.

It was coming from behind her.

She turned around to find Vanraj and Kavya standing with a grin on their face and clapping their hands.

She looked at them irritated wondering what they are upto now when Vanraj and Kavya came and stood in front of her.

Vanraj:- Don't you have any shame?

Vanraj said in a voice loud enough to be heard by the entire floor.

Anu:- Excuse me....

She gave him a death glare warning him to tread lightly but Vanraj had other plans.

Vanraj:- Ohh...sorry huh...let me rephrase it in the language you understand.....tumhe shrm nhi aati?

Vanraj said with a smirk.

Anu:- Mujhe kyu shrm aayegi Mr. Shah......aur aab aapne yeh kya naya tamasha shuru kar diya hai...aap shayad bhul rhe hai yeh office hai...Shah House nhi...

Anupama said with disgust in her voice.

Kavya:- Of course tumhe kyu shrm aayegi Anupama...tum to humesha se besharm thi....bas aab dikhani bhi shuru kar di hai...

Anu:- Kavya....sharm...lihaz ki baatein tumahre muh se acchi nhi lagti....mujhe nhi pata aap dono ne kya naya drama shuru kiya hai lekin mujhe iska part banne me koi interest nhi hai....

Saying this she turned to walk away when Vanraj's voice echoed in the entire office.

Vanraj:- Aur tumhe drama ke bare me bolne ka koi hak nhi hai....jab tum khud itna bada kaand kar ke drama kar rhi ho jaise ki tumhe kuch pata hi nhi....

The entire scene was being watched by everyone on the floor.

Anu:- Aap kis baare me baat kar rhe Mr. Shah ?

She turned around to ask him.

Kavya:- Abhi batate hai....

Saying this Kavya took out the phone from her bag and played the video for Anupama to watch.

Anupama recognised that the video was from the day she went into Vikram's office to bring Kiara's file but she was perplexed about what the video is doing on Kavya's phone and what she is talking about.

Anu:- Yeh tumahre pass kaise..?

She asked confused.

Kavya:- Yeh mere pass nhi is office me sabke pass hai...

Kavya said snatching back the phone from her hands.

Vanraj:- Aab tumahra sach sabke samne aa gaya hai Anupama....

Anu:- Kaisa sach....aap log yeh sab kya bol rhe hai?

She asked anxiously.

Vanraj:- Please tum yeh apna drama band karogi jaise tumhe kuch pata hi na ho...

Anu:- Mr. Shah baat ko gol gol mat ghumaiye...seedha seedha boliye aap kis sach ke bare me baat kar rhe hai?

She asked with a stern look on her face.

Vanraj:- Yhi sach ki tum hi wo insaan ho jisne hmare bids MG Group ko leak kiye hai.....

He yelled in a high tone for everyone to hear.

Anu:- WHATT?.....Yeh aap kya bakwas kar rhe hai Mr. Shah..

She said baffled at the allegation.

Vanraj:- Yeh mai nhi....yeh video bol rha hai....jisme yeh saaf saaf dikh rha ki tum tender bids ki file padh rhi ho wo bhi tab jab Vikram sir office me nhi hai....

He yelled pointing towards the phone in his hand.

Anu:- Mr. Shah wo tender bids ki file nhi thi....wo to kisi govt project ki file thi....aur wo to maine galti se.....

She was interrupted by Vanraj again.

Vanraj:- To jinhone yeh file banayi hai wo jhuth bol rhe....waah Anupama ji waah...aab aap apni chori chupane ke liye dusro pe ilzaam lagayengi....

Anu:- Aap yeh kya bakwas kar rhe Mr. Shah....maine aisa kab kha...

Kavya:- Kha nhi but kehne to jaa rhi thi na....wo bids leak karte time....tumhe ek baar bhi un logo ka khayal nhi aaya jinhone is project ke liye din raat mehnat ki hogi....

She said pointing towards the members of the research team who were standing in the corner.

Anupama looked at them and saw allegations in their eyes for her and her heart sank at the thought that everyone in the office felt the same.

Vanraj:- Chand paiso ke liye tumne apna imaan bech diya....chii Anupama....sharm aati hai mujhe yeh kehte hue ki tum kabhi meri biwi thi....

Everyone looked at Anupama in shock.

Anu:- MAINE AISA KUCH NHI KIYA !!!!

She yelled in frustration and this time her voice reached to Ishika's desk on the far side of the floor where Vikram and Ishika stood discussing about the coming board meeting.

The voice terrified Vikram and he started walking towards the other side of the floor in long strides.

Kavya:- Saare chor yhi bolte hai ki unhone chori nhi ki lekin sach humare samne hai....yeh video...jo yeh bata rha hai ki tum kitni beimaan, giri hui aur disgusting aurat ho....

Vanraj:- Itna to mujhe hmesha se pata tha ki tum paiso ke liye kuch bhi kar sakti ho....lekin itna gir sakti ho yeh nhi pata tha....are kisike bare me nhi to kamse kam apne baccho ke bare me to socha hota ki unhe tumahri is harkat ke baad na jaane kya kya sunna padega....kitne taane sunne padenge....kaise face karenge wo is sach ko ki unki Maa ek chor hai....fraud hai.....

He said in a disgusting tone.

Anu:- Mr. Shah bas kijeye...aab bahut hua....maine kuch nhi kiya....aap humesha ki tarah baat ghuma ke mujhe doshi saabit karne ki kosis kar rhe hai...

She tried to stand her ground but her courage was giving up looking at everyone standing in silence with questions in their eyes.

Vanraj:- Agar tumhe lagta hai ki mai baat ghuma rha hooo....to tum in logo se kyu nhi puch leti ho jo tumahre saath kaam kar rhe hai ki unhe kya lagta hai...

He said with an evil smirk on his face.

Anupama looked at Kiara wondering what she thinks about her when she spoke....

Kiara:- Anupama jii...mujhe aapse yeh umeed nhi thi....

Anupama's heart sank on hearing this and a tear slid down her cheeks thinking the person for whom she went into the office in first place is accusing her of something so big.

Employee 1 :- Haan Anupama ji....hme laga ki aap baaki logo se different hai but aap aisa kuch kar sakti hai...hum kabhi soch bhi nhi sakte the...

Employee 2 :- Aapko Zara sa bhi khayal nhi aaya humari mehnat ka....is company ki reputation ka jisne aapko itna bada mauka diya....

Anupama's eyes darted from one person to another as they threw accusations at her.

Employee 3:- Jab Vikram sir ne aapko job di thi....to hume laga aap talented aur deserving hai...

Employee 4:- Hme kya pata tha aapka talent chori karna hai....

Vanraj and Kavya were ecstatic and were enjoying the scene unfolding in front of them.

Employee 5:- Kam se kam Vikram sir ke bare me socha hota....jinhone aapko itna bada mauka diya...aur aab bhi apko defend kar rhe hai....

Employee 6:- Wo aap pe kitna trust karte hai aur aapne unka bharosa tod diya...infact aapne hum sabka bharosa tod diya....

Anupama stood frozen in the middle of the floor with people hurling accusations at her. Her heart broke with every word they spoke against her and her courage was faltering with every allegation thrown at her.

She didn't know how to react or even what to say. She stood their in silence looking petrified.

Vanraj:- Tum me zara si bhi sharm bachi hai ki nhi.....abhi tak yhi khadi ho....apna samaan uthao aur niklo mere office se....

MR. SHAHHHHHH !!!

Vikram's voice echoed in the entire office.

Anupama turned around to find Vikram standing near her cubicle. She wanted to run and explain him everything about that day but her feet didn't move in front of all the people.

Vikram walked towards Vanraj and stood in front of him with sheer indignation on his face but this time Vanraj was prepared for everything.

Vikram:- Mr. Shah aap....

He was about to berate Vanraj in front of everyone for his behaviour but Ishika interrupted him.

Ishika:- Sir...

Vikram:- Whatt?

He asked in irritation.

Ishika:- Sir board meeting ka time ho gaya hai....everyone is waiting for you in the conference room.

Vikram closed his eyes in frustration and decided that he can deal with Vanraj later.

He turned around to leave when he heard Anupama's voice....

Anu:- Vikram....

The fear and pain in her voice was obvious but now was not the time to deal with it. He had a board to convince of Anupama's innocence and that takes priority over her own fears.

So he walked away without even looking at her.

Anupama's heart sank on seeing him leave without even giving her a glance. Her eyes became a pool of tears on the thought that he finds her guilty. Every allegation thrown at her echoed in her ears and pricked her heart like a thousand piercing guns. Her vision was blur and her voice was breaking. A wave of tears rolled down her cheeks that she was trying to hold in her eyes since the accusations began but now her eyes had given up and so does her courage.

Ishika :- Anupama jii...Anupama ji...

Ishika was calling her name for a long time but she was barely able to hear anything.

Ishika:- Anupama ji....

Saying this Ishika tapped her on her shoulders and Anupama came back to the present with a jerk.

Anu:- huh...Haan..

Ishika:- Aapko conference room me bulaya hai....

Anu:- K....kyu...?

She was barely able to form a word.

Ishika:- Mujhe nhi pata but shayad video ke bare me hi hai...

Anupama wiped her tears and looked around to find that everyone had left the place.

Ishika:- Anupama ji...aapko wakt chaiye to aap do minute le sakti hai...

She said concerned looking at her state.

Anu:- Nhi... it's okay...

Anupama wiped the remaining tears formed in her eyes.

Anu( in thoughts) :- Yeh tutne ka wakt nhi hai Anu....not now.

She gathered whatever courage she had left and started walking towards the conference room.

Conference Room, AK Group Ahemdabad

18th July 2022, 12:30 pm

Vikram and the board members were having a discussion when Anupama knocked at the door.

Mr. Singhania :- Come in....

Anupama stepped in looking nervous.

Mr. Shisodia:- Ms Joshi...can you please come forward and stand near the table?

Anupama took a few steps and stood in front of the table constantly looking at Vikram trying to find any signs of accusations but all Vikram did was look away.

Mr. Singhania:- Ms Joshi...there are some allegations against you regarding leaking our bids to our rival company The MG Group. How would you like to answer those allegations?

Anu:- Sir I didn't do anything. I never saw those bids forget leaking them. I have no idea how they got leaked.

She tried to look as determined as possible.

Mr. Siddique:- Ms Joshi were you in the office on the evening of 4th July?

Anu :- Yes sir but....

Mr. Rathore :- Did you take a look at the file of the govt. project that we were bidding for ?

Anu :- No sir.....I swear I didn't

Mr. Singhania :- But this video footage says something different......

Anu:- But sir the file I was looking at wasn't the file that contained the bids. I don't know maybe it was some other govt project file because I didn't read it.

She said nervously.

Mr. Shishodia:- Ms Joshi you are saying that wasn't the file that contained the bids and you are also saying that you didn't read the file. Both statements seem to be contradicting each other.

Anupama was about to say something when she got interrupted...

Mr. Singhania:- Mr. Mehra....you are the only person who know if it was the same file or not....so?

He asked looking at Vikram.

Vikram knew it was the same file but Anupama in her nervousness made things more complicated by saying it wasn't.

He wanted to lie but couldn't as he was bound to his company as much as to his friendship towards Anupama.

Vikram:- Yes it was the same file Ms Joshi that contained the bids....maybe you didn't read it.

He added.

Mr. Singhania:- Then it's clear that Ms Joshi leaked our bids to the rival company.

Vikram:- Wait a second Mr. Singhania....let her explain her side of the story first....Ms Joshi... please explain...

Mr. Singhania:- What's there to explain....it can be clearly seen in the footage that she is looking for something in your office and as soon as she found the tender file....she read it and left...

Anu :- Sir please trust me that wasn't the tender bids I was looking for.....

Vikram :- Gentleman we should listen to her side of the story once before deciding....

Anupama felt a little relieved seeing Vikram standing up for her.

Mr. Shishodia:- Okay we will.... everyone should be given a chance for explaination...

Mr. Rathore :- Ms Joshi....go on....

Anupama took a deep breath and spoke....

Anu:- Sir I went into Vikram sir's office looking for a file.

Mr. Singhania:- Yes the tender file...

He tried to intimidate her but Anupama didn't budge.

Anu:- No sir...not the tender file...one of my colleagues Kiara needed a marketing file from Vikram sir's office for some work and he wasn't there nor his secretary....his secretary Ishika had given me access to sir's office for emergencies for that day...

Mr. Singhania:- So a marketing file was an emergency....

Anu:- No sir it wasn't....and hence I refused initially but Kiara insisted...so I called Vikram sir for permission but he was busy....then I called his secretary Ishika and she told me that I can access the office for the file.....

Mr. Singhania:- Then why did you leave without one and that too after taking a look at the tender file?

He questioned in a demeaning tone.

Anu:- Sir Kiara told me that it was a blue file that would be kept on sir's desk but when I searched on his desk...I couldn't find the file anywhere....then my eyes went to a blue file on the sofa table and I thought it was the marketing file that Kiara asked for....I took a look at it and realised that it was some other project file...and therefore left it there....and walked out of the office without one....but sir I swear I didn't read anything in the file....

Mr. Singhania:- You are lying....you are making up stories to cover up your deeds...

Anu:- No sir I am not. I didn't read the file.

Anupama stood her ground.

Mr. Shishodia:- Why don't we call your colleague Kiara and clear things up?

Vikram:- We should call her.

He looked at Ishika who was sitting in the corner and gestured her to send Kiara into the conference room.

Mr. Shishodia:- Ms Joshi...Kiara better back up your story..... because if she doesn't....the consequences will be severe.

Anupama took a gulp.

Mr. Singhania:- You will be fired and sued for damages if we find out that you are lying.

Anupama was terrified but she knew she wasn't lying and hence tried to look as confident as possible.

Vikram:- You don't need to make her nervous Mr. Singhania.

Vikram said with a stern look when Kiara knocked on the door.

Vikram:- Come in....

Kiara came in and stood next to Anupama.

Mr. Khan:- Kiara....were you in the office on the evening of 4th of July?

Kiara :- Yes sir I was...

Mr. Shishodia:- Did you ask Ms Joshi to bring a file from Mr. Mehra's office in his absence?

Kiara:- Yes sir I did.

Vikram:- That explains Ms Joshi's story. She wasn't lying and I don't think she read the tender file.

Mr. Singhania:- Wait a minute Mr. Mehra.....

He paused.

Mr. Singhania:- Ms Joshi....why is that you only looked for a blue file?

Vikram:- Mr. Singhania didn't you hear just now...Ms Joshi said Kiara asked her to look for the blue file.

Mr. Singhania:- Did you Kiara?

Kiara took a gulp.

Mr. Singhania:- Don't be nervous Kiara...no one will say anything if you just tell the truth...

Kiara:- No sir I asked her to look for a grey file....

Anupama looked at Kiara bewildered. She didn't know why Kiara is lying. All she could do is ask her.

Anu:- Kiara why are you lying?....You told me it was a blue file.

Kiara:- No I didn't....I asked you to look for a grey file....

Anu:- I swear she asked me to look for a grey file.

She said looking at Vikram with a pleading gaze.

Vikram was left numb by the sudden change of events. He didn't know how to react to this new piece of information.

Vikram:- Kiara....if you are found lying...there would be consequences you haven't ever dreamt of.

He warned her in a cold voice trying to get the truth out of her.

Kiara got uneasy hearing the warning.

Mr. Singhania:- Vikram you are making her nervous....let the woman speak...

Vikram looked at him perplexed.

Kiara:- Sir Why would I lie?.....you can ask Ishika if you want....when Anupama Ji came out without a file that day saying that she couldn't find it.....I asked Ishika the next day to get that file for me and it was grey in color...

Vikram:- Ishika...?

Ishika who was standing in the corner came forward and spoke...

Ishika:- I am sorry sir but Kiara is right it was a grey file....

Anupama fell numb after hearing her.

Vikram:- This can't be right...

Mr. Singhania:- We had already investigated Mr. Mehra....the footage is real....and she is lying...

Mr. Shishodia:- We agree with Mr. Singhania that Ms Joshi is guilty of leaking the bids and....

Before anyone could speak further, Vikram stood up from his chair and walked down to the other side of the table where Anupama was standing.

He looked into her eyes for one last time before he spoke.....

YOU ARE FIRED MS JOSHI !!!

That's it for this part.

Hope you like it.....

The next part will be updated soon....

Please vote and share...and do leave your thoughts about the part in the comment section ❤️

Thank you ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 1.3K 25
MaAn - The Respect ! A story about Anupama who faced a traumatic situation on her 25th Marriage Anniversary. A Story of Anuj Kapadia who spent his e...
32.1K 2.1K 26
Story Of How destiny brings Anuj And Anupama again in front of each other after 10 years since her marriage. Will Anuj meet her? Will he be part of h...
2.7K 309 18
After a heartbreaking divorce in India, Anuj Kapadia and Anupama Joshi went their separate ways, each building successful lives in America. Anuj, now...
43.7K 2.2K 34
I have no clue what they'll show us for the wedding in the show.. so I decided to write my own version of all the wedding functions.. will post them...