[DROPPED] living with him • b...

By wannableed

[ DISCONTINUED ] { insp; itazura na kiss: love in tokyo } It may sound funny but I'm living under the same ro... More

pro·logue
one
two
three
Chapter 04: Daydreaming.
Chapter 05: Spy.
Chapter 06: Deal.
Chapter 07: Picture.
Chapter 08: Tutor.
Chapter 09: Tutoring Him.
Chapter 10: Results.
Chapter 11: Results II.
Chapter 12: Picture II.
Chapter 13: Revealed.
Chapter 14: Two New Emotions.
Chapter 15: Are you Jealous?
Chapter 16: Two Could Play That Game.
Chapter 17: Cousins.
Chapter 18: Surprise.
Chapter 19: Bae Suzy.
Chapter 20: What?
Chapter 22: She's Nice, isn't she?
!!!
!!!

Chapter 21: Friends?

2.4K 94 24
By wannableed

Chapter Twenty One- Friends?

April 26 2015

**

Jung Mieun's Point of View

"What?"

I stared at him with a baffled expression. What is he saying? He doesn't want me to hangout with Suzy? My lips curved downwards into a frown, I don't get him. There's no clear reason why he doesn't want me to go with her and I don't see anything bad about it.

He's just becoming unreasonable.

I swallowed the forming lump in my throat and tried to ease the abnormal pounding of my heart.

"Why?" I asked when he didn't reply.

He turned around to me the scowl not leaving his face.

"You don't have to know why." He retorted.

The pounding of my heart increased as I clench my hands in fists, that's invalid. So invalid. Why would I agree to what he wants if I don't know the reason why? This is very unacceptable, I won't obey his orders now.

"If that's the case," I started trying my best not to stutter.

I heaved a deep sigh and closed my eyes, "Then I shouldn't do what you want."

I slowly opened my eyes to see what reaction he made and it seems like anticipating for a reaction was wrong. Much to my dismay, his face remained stoic the frown playing against his lips long gone. Disappointment washed over myself and overwhelmed the abnormal beating of my heart.

Since when did I start expecting a reaction from him?

I bit my lip and lowered my gaze from Baekhyun's icy stare, cowering in somewhat fear from the intense aura emitting from him. Lately, he seemed more expressive but remained aloof at the same time. It's been awhile since I last saw Baekhyun staring at me with his signature icy stare.

"Fine." He muttered, the tone lacing with obvious coldness.

"If you want to hangout with her, then go."

The words felt like knives stabbing my chest, piercing right through my heart. Baekhyun shrugged nonchalantly and turned his heels walking away from me. I stared at his back with a gaping mouth and eyes dilated in utter surprise.

'What was...that?'

I watched him continue walking never looking back as his figure disappeared from my sight, I felt my knees weaken as I drop to the ground. The words he uttered was supposed to be allowing me to go with her but why does it sound like he's making me choose.

It also sounded like he doesn't care anymore.

But when did he even started caring?

My chest felt tight and heavy as if there's weight on it, then suddenly it was hard to breathe. Does Baekhyun have to always make me feel like this?

Always out of breath.

If I said those words to another person, they would probably persuade me not to go and eventually say the reason. But why am I so shocked at how Baekhyun reacted? It's Byun Baekhyun we are talking about, of course it's expected that he would react like this.

His response would be like this.

Different from others.

And void from emotions.

Normally, if it was someone else who had uttered the words he said it would be relieving and allowing. But why do I feel so... nervous?

I shook my head, "This is stupid."

I laughed humorlessly.

Since when did I started expecting from him? When did I started thinking he'd be more expressive to me that he'll lower his guard down with or to me. I thought that he'll finally become comfortable with me, that our relationship has progressed drastically.

But why does it look like it returned to zero percent?

His dark eyes, his icy stare, the lace of coldness in his tone it all seemed foreign but familiar. It feels like there was distance again between me and Baekhyun, as if the past incidents never happened. I don't get him, never will I understand how his mind works.

I slowly stood up and started walking, I'm not sure about what happened. I'm still puzzled but I'm sure of one thing though.

I'm sure that my heart is obviously torn apart.

I wonder how things would be when I get home.

Once I got home aunt Jihyun welcomed me looking very concerned. I mumbled to her that 'I'm fine', it doesn't looks like she's convinced but didn't bothered me anymore. The night passed with Baekhyun never leaving his and Taehyung's room.

Everyone was worried except for me, well, I tried not to worry.

Here I am lying on my bed and staring at my ceiling. I pondered about whether should I hangout with Suzy or not. It would be rude to stood her up, so I've decided I will go. Besides, Baekyun said if I want to, then go. My eyes fluttered shut as the scene flash in my mind once again.

It's vivid as ever, as if I was still there hearing the words he said. I sighed and curled up into a ball hugging my pillow, I have to clear him from my mind. I should sleep now.

Third Person's Point of View

For the first time in Jung Mieun's life she woke up late and ran going to school. Thankfully, she wasn't late for her homeroom class but barely making it on time alive. As she proceed to her seat panting every student watched her catch her breath, Mieun looked like she just went through a storm.

Once Mieun arrived to her seat, Saerin and Nami gave her concerned glances obviously worried that for the first time their friend was almost late. Their homeroom teacher came after a few minutes and started announcing and discussing stuffs for the day.

Jung Mieun tried to listen to her adviser but failed miserably, her eyes felt droopy and she felt very weary. It's her first time to experience lack of sleep and she's not handling it very well, thankfully her teacher doesn't seem to notice her stifled yawns and how her head nods off.

Once her forehead bumped into her desk she gasped and immediately shot up standing.

"Yes, Mieun?" Ms.Kwon asked eyeing her suspiciously.

"Ah! I suddenly remembered I forgot something in my locker!"

Mrs.Kwon raised an eyebrow but was convinced, "Well, you can take it later after my discussion."

The students near Mieun tried their best not laugh out loud while Saerin and Nami covered their mouths with their hands and snickered. Jaeyoung looked at her with worry but tried not to laugh also then Suzy was the only one who was genuinely concerned.

Mieun sat down on her seat completely embarrassed at what happened, it was good that she managed to slip away from trouble. Ms.Kwon is very scary when she finds out that there were students that doze off in her class, Mieun inwardly gulped as she remember the horror seeing their teacher in that state.

She yawned once more and shook her head refraining herself from dozing off again. Mieun barely had slept last night, she was too busy thinking about a certain cold boy who was staying in the room beside hers. Though, she did her best not to think about Baekhyun but obviously she failed.

She was also up all night thinking about what could she and Suzy talk about as they hang out the nest day, she isn't the one who was good with talking to other people and making friends. Mieun is the rather quiet and shy type but once you get to know her you'll witness her hidden quirks.

'Lack of sleep is the worst.' The poor girl thought.

"What happened to you? You look like a zombie!" Saerin said trying to tame Mieun's bed hair.

"And you have a hilarious bed hair." Nami added while munching on some snacks.

It was their lunch and the girls decided to eat in the rooftop since Mieun was too embarrassed to show her hair to alot of people in the cafeteria. She survived not getting caught by Ms.Kwon dozing off again in class earlier, though she didn't escaped the teasing of her classmates.

"Please do not talk about my hair." Mieun pouted and tried to tame her hair also.

Mieun knows she doesn't look good today, her hair is in a mess as if she had a fight, she had dark circles under her eyes and she does look like a zombie. The girl wonders among all of the days she gets to look like this, why does it have to be today?

She heaved a sigh of relief once her hair was back to normal.

"Thanks." She muttered, smiling to Saerin.

"It's nothing plus I took a photo of you with your bed hair."

Mieun turned her gaze to Saerin with a surprised look while the latter just laughed and slid her phone into her pocket and joined Nami eating. Mieun watched her friends enjoy their meals as they slowly eat, the girl was the first one to finish her food since the other two was busy taming her hair.

She sighed for the nth time of the day, she's a bit nervous about hanging out with Suzy later after school. Mieun already told this to her bestfriends, the two were surprised but were fine about it and said that Mieun deserves more friends so she should spend some time with Suzy to know her more.

Mieun wants to know the girl more though what Baekhyun had said to her still bothered her, the scene replayed in her mind vivid as ever. The boy's voice uttering the words that shattered her heart into pieces played in her head like a broken record.

Albeit it is bothering her, it's not a valid reason to stood up Suzy. Or is that what Mieun thinks so, it doesn't mean that if the girl used to like Baekhyun she has to avoid her at all costs. Mieun thinks Suzy genuinely wants to hang out with her today and that's what reassures the unsettling in the pit of her stomach.

"Hey, is it okay if I leave you two here?" Mieun asked standing up.

"It's fine, Mieun. We're not yet done with our food so you can go now." Nami assured the girl infront of her.

Mieun flashed a smile to her bestfriends and the two girls returned the smile she gave. Mieun proceeded to the stairs and went down walking the path to her room, unfortunately she ran into someone she wants to see the least today.

'Bad luck.'

Standing right infront of her was Baekhyun who was staring at her, the coldness evident in his eyes. The two of them stood in the hallways in silence, none of the two moving an inch. Mieun stared at him not knowing what to do, should she just ignore him and walk away or should she say something?

"So you're still going?" The question caught her off guard.

Mieun's eyes widened but still she recovered quickly and replied, "Yes."

She wasn't sure about her answer, especially now Baekhyun's infront of her. Mieun waited for Baekhyun to say something as he remained silent, she stared at his beautiful brown orbs only to see a flicker of, she daresay, disappointment but was quickly washed away and replaced with nothing but blankness.

Moments passed and Baekhyun turned around and walked away, her heart that was already pounding in her chest started pounding even faster and louder. Feeling fear seep through her body as she recall what had happened yesterday, she took a step forward and tugged into Baekhyun's uniform.

"Can you atleast please tell me why you don't want me to go?" She pleaded more than asked.

The deafening silence between that settled between them made Mieun grow more nervous, she didn't expect for any of this to happen today. She bit her lip and looked down to the ground hoping that Baekhyun would respond.

"It's nothing important." She heard him say.

"So it's okay for you to go." His voice was clearly flat.

Her grip on his uniform tightened.

"I don't think it's okay for you." Mieun muttered biting in her lower lip harder.

"It's really okay for you to go." Baekhyun said gritting his teeth.

"Let go of me now."

Mieun's grasp on Baekhyun's uniform slowly loosened until she dropped her hands to her sides, looking down at the floor with a crestfallen expression. She really didn't expect for this to happen and she didn't expect for Baekhyun to sound so irritated at her.

She watched him walk away once more not glancing back at her with his figure slowly vanishing from her sight. Mieun felt the world fall down on her shoulders, Baekhyun is hurting her again, slowly stabbing her heart with his words.

But there was one question that really bugged her...

Why was Baekhyun acting like that? She doesn't get it.

She doesn't get it and she never will.

Trying to calm the hammering of her heart on her chest, she slowly started walking to her room and also tried not to step on the broken pieces of her heart. She hopes she'll be fine later when she's going to hang out with Suzy.

"So are you ready?"

Suzy approached Mieun immediately after the bell rang and their professor had dismissed them. Mieun palms were sweaty and she was getting very anxious since it's been awhile since she got to hang out with people except her close friends.

"Ye..yes." She replied suttering.

The latter smiled at her which made Mieun relax a bit.

'Maybe this wouldn't be so bad...' She thought smiling back.

Both of them arrived to the coffee shop after a ten-minute walk from the school, Suzy placed their orders while she looked for a table for them to settle on. Once Suzy arrived with their drinks she handed Mieun hers and sat on the chair across Mieun's spot.

"So before talking about alot of stuff I just want to confirm something." Suzy told her taking a sip from her latte.

"Wha...what is it?"

"We're friends now, right?" She asked the side of lips curving upward.

"Yes..." Mieun replied.

There was a glint in Suzy's eyes that made Mieun feel unease and seemed like she was up to trouble but the warm smile playing on her lips told otherwise. Mieun disregarded the unsettling feeling inside of her and decided to enjoy her time with Suzy.

Besides, Suzy is a nice girl isn't she?

**

a/n: Hello everyone and I am finally done with this chapter!! I'm sorry that this is kind of late? I made a decision to update every other day but sadly I didn't get to fulfill it. :c I felt like this chapter was rushed and I tried my best to make it long and be expressive and I think I broke Mieun's heart too much or not? Omg sorry my heart is also broken about bc of the Teiko arc in knb :((( Anyone there who watches knb? Kise Ryouta is mine lol But anyways I hope you guys like this! Next chapter would be about Mieun and Suzy's conversation in the coffee shop or something.

Is this chapter sad? I'm sorry if it is but hey everyone needs their daily does of angst ;u; kidding lol I PROMISE SOON MIEUN WOULD BE HAPPY AGAIN

Anyways, my lovely readers please do comment down your thoughts :')) it really makes me feel happy to see that someone is enjoying reading my story wah it's so heartwarming. ^^ Also I have another story in my mind and I think I'm going to publish it even before I finish this story omg it would be a BTS fanfic!

Also 4 votes left before this book reaches 1K votes! Omg guys thanks and also 35.5K reads OMG THANK YOU VERY MUCH you guys are awesome

If you want to talk to me don't be shy to message me anytime! I don't bite unless you are Taehyung ;) But I do reply even though it's late. But omg the next episode for knb season 3 would be aired today and omg I'm not emotionally ready for it and it's 1am here i need sleep gbye gmornight

okay see who's done with her rambles, i am!

see ya in the next chapter! love lots~ ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51 58 6
{Black Swan OT7 x White Swan Reader} A young girl live with her adopted family for 21 years after her biological parents died for unknown reason. The...
11K 682 65
in which lai guanlin found a box containing letters, letters that made him smile, laugh, and burst into tears.
665K 33.6K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
3.7K 288 18
They are still standing around arguing about whatever. "I'll tell you about how it's gonna feel. I'll get you high. Won't cry. Open your mind. Make y...