13 Reasons Why Hannah Baker L...

By espinosa1989

What if Hannah Baker survived her attempt? What would that world look like? In this world, she survives her a... More

Chapter 1: October 9th, 2017
Chapter 2: The Tapes
Chapter 3: Paying The Price
Chapter 4: Sooner Or Later, The Truth Will Come Out!
Chapter 5: Free Solo
Chapter 6: Tape 9
Chapter 7: The Stop Sign
Chapter 8: Clay's Tape
Chapter 9: The Confrontation
Chapter 10: It Has To Get Better
Chapter 11: The Trial Begins & The 1st Polaroid
Chapter 12: The Hallucination
Chapter 13: Jessica's Testimony
Chapter 14: The 2nd Polaroid
Chapter 15: Hannah's Poems
Chapter 17: Clay Testifies
Chapter 18: The Tapes Are Out
Chapter 19: Porter's Testimony
Chapter 20: The Clubhouse
Chapter 21: Bryce & Chlöe
Chapter 22: Awakening
Chapter 23: Confronting Monty
Chapter 24: The Verdict
Chapter 25: The Sentencing
Chapter 26: The Aftermath Of The Trial
Chapter 27: Spring Fling
Chapter 28: The New Girl
Chapter 29: The Disappearance of Bryce Walker
Chapter 30: Jessica's Speech
Chapter 31: The Truth About Chlöe
Chapter 32: Student Body President Jessica Davis
Chapter 33: Bryce Walker Is Dead
Chapter 34: Tyler
Chapter 35: Tyler's Gun
Chapter 36: The Problem With Alex Standall
Chapter 37: The Funeral
Chapter 38: There Are A Number Of Problems With Clay Jensen
Chapter 39: Return of the Counselor
Chapter 40: The Problem With Justin
Chapter 41: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.1
Chapter 42: Olivia Returns To Town Pt.2
Chapter 43: What Does Charlie Know?
Chapter 44: I'm A Survivor
Chapter 45: Homecoming
Chapter 46: Let The Dead Bury The Dead
Chapter 47: It's Not Supposed To Be Easy For People Like Us
Chapter 48: SRO
Chapter 49: Sanderson University
Chapter 50: The Mysterious Caller
Chapter 51: Love Is Love
Chapter 52: The Legend of Burnham Woods
Chapter 53: Find Your Drink
Chapter 54: Is It A Drill? Part 1
Chapter 55: Is It A Drill? Part 2
Chapter 56: The Session
Chapter 57: Tyler's Deal
Chapter 58: Gordon Lightfoot
Chapter 59: The Walkout & The Riot
Chapter 60: Prom Part 1
Chapter 61: Prom Part 2
Chapter 62: The Finals Days Of Justin Foley
Chapter 63: Justin's Funeral
Chapter 64: The Return Of The Tapes
Chapter 65: Graduation
Chapter 66: Goodbye
Chapter 67: 20 Years Later
Chapter 68: The Reason Why I'm Still Going

Chapter 16: The Secret Relationship

49 1 0
By espinosa1989

In the middle of the night, Justin grabbed his things and left while Clay was asleep. Justin had no idea where to go next. So in the early morning, Justin went to the only place he can think of... the hospital. Justin goes to the reception desk and ask where Hannah's room is. He makes his way to Hannah's room as he enters and sees Hannah comatose in a hospital bed. He hasn't seen Hannah since the day of her attempt. Justin takes a seat next to Hannah.

Justin Foley: I don't even know what to say other than sorry. But it's gonna take more than that. I hated you for making those tapes and then trying to end your life. But then while I was living on the streets, I realized that I was wrong. I should've stopped him. But I was scared. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't have turned on Bryce after what he and his family did for me. I understand why you didn't tell anyone about what Bryce did to you. Because you were scared of him, and so was I. But I'm not afraid anymore. Hannah, I'm going to testify for you because I owe it to you. I never should've showed Bryce that picture. I started it and now I'm going to end it. I just hope you can forgive me for everything.

Justin gets up and leaves. After Justin left, a tear comes falling down from her eye. Today is Zach' day to testify in court. As Zach prepares for court, Clay meets with Sheri at Monet's to tell her about Justin and shows her the Polaroids. Clay goes to school and tries to help Alex get medically cleared by asking him questions about Hannah and the tapes but Alex is struggling to remember. Tyler tells Cyrus that they got caught by a neighbor for shooting and that his dad is going to take them shooting with Alex's dad instead much to Cyrus' delight. Mrs. Porter bails out her husband out of jail and was mad about his arrest. Porter arrives to school and heads to his office when Coach Rick stops him and tells him that he got his friend at the police to cover up the fight he had with Seth. In the cafeteria it's lunch time. Jessica has lunch with Nina as she introduces Jessica to her friends. Bryce, Chlöe, Monty, & Scott are having lunch together at a separate table. Clay & Tony join Alex at a table. Alex had just came back from seeing his doctor...

Clay Jensen: So what did your doctor say, Alex?

Alex Standall: I'm sorry, I tried. But they're not gonna let me testify.

Clay Jensen: Shit. Did the doctor say why?

In that moment, Justin walks in to Liberty and makes his way into the cafeteria as the cafeteria becomes quiet as everyone looks to see the return of Justin Foley, much to Jessica's shock.

Clay Jensen: Justin.

Clay informs Tony & Alex as they turn to Justin's direction as he slowly approaches Jessica as she stands up.

Justin Foley: Hey, Jess. I missed you. Can we go somewhere else to talk, alone?

Jessica Davis: No.

Justin Foley: I came back for you. It's the only reason why I'm here. If you want me to stay, I promise you I'm here for good. Look, if you want me to go, I'll go. Forever, this time.

Jessica Davis: You said that before.

Justin Foley: I... I tried to go away. I tried to forget about you. I... I tried so fucking hard. But I can't stop thinking about you.

Jessica Davis: Yeah, I think about you, too. And I wish you were dead.

It broke Justin's heart hearing Jessica that she wished him dead.

Justin Foley: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you more.

Justin turns around and sees Bryce standing by his lunch table with Monty, Scott, & Chloe sitting down.

Justin Foley: You.

Justin suddenly fall down to the ground landing on his bag.

Jessica Davis: Justin!

Clay & Tony run towards Justin.

Clay Jensen: Justin.

Tony Padilla: Justin, wake up.

Clay Jensen: Justin. Justin.

Tony Padilla: Wake up. Wake up.

Clay Jensen: Justin.

Justin wakes up and looks up at Clay & Tony.

Tony Padilla: Fuck.

Clay Jensen: Yeah, we gotta get him back to my house.

Tony Padilla: No, I can't do this anymore. Okay? I'm out.

Clay Jensen: What do you mean you're out?

Tony Padilla: There is no "we," okay?

Clay Jensen: What the fuck is up with you?

Clay & Tony turn to Bryce who is looking at them.

Tony Padilla: We gotta get him out of here.

Clay Jensen: Yeah.

Clay & Tony help pick up Justin by the shoulders as Jessica looked with a worried look.

Tony Padilla: Come on, Justin. Use your legs. Use your legs.

They leave the cafeteria as they put Justin in the Mustang as Tony takes him back to Clay's house. Jessica grabs her bag and leaves the cafeteria while Chlöe questions Bryce, Monty, & Scott if they knew that Justin was back which they denied much to Bryce's annoyance. At the trial, Zach tells the court that, during the summer his dad died, he spent a lot of time at the movies trying to hang out with Hannah to make up for what he did to her during the school year. She became someone he could talk to and eventually started a relationship. Zach & Hannah secretly dated and eventually lost their virginity to each other. They spent the majority of the summer hanging out and having sex. Their relation ended after Zach was too scared to bring their relationship public which made Hannah believe he was ashamed or embarrassed of their relationship. Zach's testimony wasn't good for Hannah, especially since Hannah didn't mentioned it on his tape. After court was done for the day, Olivia goes to he car with Andy following her.

Olivia Baker: I, uh... I'm gonna meet with Dennis. Damage control.

Andy Baker: I'd like to come.

Olivia Baker: Fine. We're meeting at the hospital.

Andy Baker: I don't want you to feel alone in this, Liv.

Olivia Baker: Well, that's nice, Andy. (Chuckles) I'm honored by your concern.

Andy Baker: Can you not give one inch? I'm trying here. Is there not one goddamn ounce of forgiveness somewhere? Some... Some kind of understanding that not everybody else is as self-contained as you are?

Olivia Baker: Forgiveness for what? For which part? The leaving or the not fighting?

Andy Baker: This is you, though. This is our whole life together. Not just this trial, not just Hannah. You have never forgiven weakness, or imperfection, or struggle.

Olivia Baker: I forgave... every weakness, every imperfection, every mistake that we made in parenting our daughter. I guess I'm just surprised that's all we had.

Andy Baker: I lied to you. I am living with Valerie and her daughter.

Olivia Baker: I know.

Olivia gets in her car and drives away as Andy looks on. As Justin recovers in Clay's room, he hear the sound of a widow breaking. Justin hides in the closet as he sees that someone has broken in and but doesn't know who the intruder is because he was wearing a hoodie and can only see his back. The intruder hears someone in the house and leaves through the window. After the intruder leaves, Justin comes out of hiding, only for Matt Jensen to finds him as Justin tells him the truth. Zach returns to school after his testimony and finds a mockery of blood stained underwear with "Hannah" written on it in his locker, implying someone teasing him Hannah losing her virginity to him. This pushes him over the edge and he gets into a fight with Bryce before Coach Rick breaks it up. Olivia, Andy, & Dennis arrive to the hospital as they discuss their next step while visiting Hannah. Olivia suggest that it is time for Clay to testify.

Dennis Vasquez: Olivia, I just don't think we should call him. I mean, Sonya will tear him apart.

Andy Baker: They must know everything about the kid, right? And we don't.

Dennis Vasquez: Lainie did recuse herself, but that's...

Olivia Baker: Somehow, I'm not concerned about a mother knowing her son's secrets. That tends not to be the case these days, it seems, with mothers.

Andy Baker: Liv...

Olivia Baker: Our daughter... I mean, she... becomes a woman, and we missed it?

Andy Baker: But is this the right response? We put another kid on the stand and hope for the best?

Dennis Vasquez: There's a reason why we kept him off the list.

Olivia Baker: Clay was devastated when Hannah tried to kill herself, okay? He's in love with her. He thought she was perfect. The jury needs to hear that.

Dennis Vasquez: All right, we'll have to prep him tonight.

Olivia Baker: Go ahead and fill out the paperwork. I'll talk to him first.

Speaking of Clay, Clay hears some students talking about Zach's testimony. Clay goes online to check what he said and he was pissed. After school, Clay goes to confront Zach in the parking lot across the street.

Clay Jensen: What the fuck did you do? Why would you say all of that? You just made everything worse for her.

Zach Dempsey: I didn't mean to. Clay, I swear to God, it's not a lie. I'm sorry.

Clay Jensen: So how come no one knew about it?

Zach Dempsey: You were out of town last summer.

Clay Jensen: It wasn't on your tape.

Zach Dempsey: She put everything on your tape?

Clay Jensen: You didn't deserve her.

Zach Dempsey: I know. I'm sorry.

Clay Jensen: Fuck you. You just go to hell.

Zach Dempsey: Clay, come on, man.

Clay Jensen: Get the fuck out of here!

Zach enter his Audi and drives away as the hallucination Hannah appears.

Hannah Baker: You have something you wanna say to me?

Clay just ignores her as he goes to his car. Clay's phones vibrates as looks to see it was his mother, he ignores her call. Earlier in the day, Ryan asks Sheri if she's ever heard about The Clubhouse when she was a cheerleader. Sheri told Ryan no, but now she knows what The Clubhouse is. Sheri enters Clay's car...

Sheri Holland: Hey. I've been looking for you everywhere. It's called The Clubhouse.

Clay Jensen: Wait, what?

Sheri Holland: The place in the Polaroids. It's called The Clubhouse.

Clay Jensen: Jesus. I don't care anymore.

Sheri Holland: What? How do you go from...?

Clay Jensen: Look, I don't fucking care, okay? I'm done.

Clay's phone phone vibrates once again as he sees that it's Olivia Baker this time.

Clay Jensen: I have to take this. So, I'll see you.

Sheri leaves as he answers the call. Olivia asks him to meet her at the hospital. Alex begins to give up on physical therapy much to Zach's displeasure. Alex starts a fight with Zach as he pushes him around. They suddenly stop when Alex surprisingly is able to get a hard-on, which he hasn't managed to get since the accident. Clay arrives to the hospital as he meets with Olivia in Hannah's hospital room. Clay just sits next to Hannah as he watches her while Olivia let's him know that he will be called up to testify.

Olivia Baker: We need you to talk about your friendship. About what you 2 meant to each other. Her kindness.

Clay Jensen: Will they ask me... about kissing her?

Olivia Baker: They probably will. But it was just one kiss. It's important that the jury understands who Hannah really was. Dennis will ask you what you two talked about, the hopes and dreams that Hannah shared with you, her good qualities.

Clay Jensen: This trial... I mean, I've learned things about Hannah I guess I didn't know before.

Olivia Baker: I understand. Me, too. I feel like I didn't really know who she was.

Olivia now turns to see her comatose daughter.

Olivia Baker: Can you put all of that out of your mind, though, and... focus on who Hannah really is to you?

Clay take a moment to think about whether he now wants to testify or not.

Clay Jensen: For you, Hannah? (Exhales) Yeah.

Meanwhile, Jessica recounts her story about Bryce to her support group and how she's worried about Justin when he was the one who let it happened. Tony goes to see Caleb at his gym as he's teaching a self defense class. Tony notices that one of Caleb's students is a guy that he beat up in the past so he leaves. Tyler & Cyrus hack into Zach's icloud account and come across a video of Marcus getting a lap dance from a stripper and decide to use it to mess with him. After their support group meeting was over, Jessica talks to Nina as she tells Jessica that she should be so proud that she told her story tonight. Clay finally arrives home... to his disappointed parents. Clay was shocked that they found him.

Clay Jensen: Look, I was trying to help Hannah's case.

Lainie Jensen: By hiding Justin here? In the home of a lawyer whose firm is trying the case? Do you have any idea how that could look?

Matt Jensen: It's not just appearances we're worried about.

Lainie Jensen: Matt, I'm an officer of the court. Justin failed to respond to his subpoena. He's in contempt.

Clay Jensen: Look, I was hiding him here because I didn't have any other options, okay?

Lainie Jensen: What about the option of coming to talk to us as promised?

Justin Foley: I had nowhere to go. That's why he had no other options. My mom is a junkie. And her boyfriend is... He's a dealer and not a very nice guy. I knew that they wouldn't take me back. Clay & Tony, they found me... and saved me. He didn't tell you guys because I was too ashamed for anyone to know.

Justin begins coughing.

Clay Jensen: And he's sick with the flu, which is why we were waiting for him to testify.

Lainie Jensen: You can stay as long as you need, Justin. But I will need to report you being back to the lawyers. I'm sorry, it's the law.

Justin Foley: That's okay. I understand. Thank you, Mrs. Jensen & Mr. Jensen.

Matt Jensen: Now... who's hungry?

The 4 of them have dinner as Matt & Laine get to know Justin a little more. Meanwhile, Tyler had a little too much to drink as he puke on Cyrus' boots. Mackenzie helps Tyler clean them up and help clean Tyler up before Cyrus can even notice as he's passed out. Tyler & Mackenzie have a moment together. At the Dempsey house, Zach's mother talk to Zach about his testimony and she's upset that Zach kept his relationship with Hannah a secret.

Mrs. Dempsey: What are we paying the Walkers' lawyer for if you're just gonna keep secrets from him? And this was happening all last summer? Why would you keep this from me?

Zach Dempsey: 'Cause that's how we do things, isn't it?

Mrs. Dempsey: What does that mean?

Zach Dempsey: I don't even know how you feel about Dad dying. I don't know how you feel about anything. What if I felt like Hannah did? Because I have, Mom. I actually have. What would you do?

Mrs. Dempsey: Zachary Shan-Yung Dempsey, that is enough. Don't say such things.

Zach Dempsey: Why not?

Mrs. Dempsey: This trial... That girl has put thoughts in your head. You do not feel that way. You're fine.

Zach Dempsey: Yeah, exactly. (Sniffles) I'm fine.

Meanwhile, Clay once again talks to a hallucination of Hannah inside his room.

Clay Jensen: Well, what about Jessica's party? I mean, you didn't talk to him there.

Hannah Baker: He was drunk and stupid by the time I showed up.

Clay Jensen: So why didn't you put it on his tape?

Hannah Baker: Maybe I was keeping it private for me and him.

Clay Jensen: Or maybe you were protecting yourself.

Hannah Baker: Yes. I mean, maybe I was. Maybe it hurt that it meant something to me and not to him.

Clay Jensen: If I had been in town that summer... would it have been me instead?

The door to his room opens as Justin walks inside after a shower.

Justin Foley: You thinking about Zach?

Clay Jensen: What? No.

Justin Foley: I read that stupid blog.

Clay Jensen: I have to tell hundreds of people tomorrow what I loved about Hannah, and all I can think about is how she lost her virginity to Zach. I mean, Zach. Then, like, a month later, she hooked up with me, and then she freaked out. But she didn't freak out when she hooked up with Zach? I mean...

Justin Foley: What the fuck are you saying, Jensen? I mean, do you know how many girls I've slept with? Like, a lot. Classifies me as, like, a player or something and... my best friends used to think I was the fucking best.

Clay Jensen: Okay.

Justin Foley: Hannah, she sleeps with one guy. She has a crush on another guy, being me, and she kisses a 3rd, being you. And it's whatever, it's all fine, right? All of a sudden, she's a slut? All of a sudden, you don't know who she is? You're a dumbass.

Clay Jensen: I'm not a dumbass.

Justin Foley: You're dumb. You're an ass. Dumbass.

Clay Jensen: I'm not the dumbass who got locked out of the house today.

Justin Foley: Clay, I didn't get locked out today. Someone broke in. I... I didn't see who it was, and I didn't tell your parents.

Clay Jensen: What the fuck?

Justin Foley: I mean, who the fuck have you pissed off lately?

Clay Jensen: Bryce. It has to be Bryce. Did he leave anything, or did he take anything?

Justin Foley: Fuck. I don't... I was downstairs with your parents this whole... Fuck.

Clay & Justin begin to search around to see if anything is missing. Justin checks his gym bag as Clay finds that nothing is missing. They look at each other after they're finished.

Clay Jensen: What is it? Wha...?

Justin Foley: Nothing. It's... It's good. Everything's here.

They were relieved that nothing was missing. It was getting late at night as they both get some sleep as Clay has to testify tomorrow. As for the person who broke into the Jensen house, he's the same person who's been sending those messages to the others who've testified. He makes his way into the hospital as he enters Hannah's room. He takes out his phone and takes a picture of a comatose Hannah as he's up to no good.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 3.5K 14
Cassidy (Cassie) Rose is known throughout the school as Hannah Baker's sidekick but what happens after Hannah decides to kill herself? What impact w...
260 9 20
Hannah Baker is about to end her own life. She has already recorded tapes explaining why she did it. Just when she about to take her own life, anothe...
323K 4K 75
Imagines from the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why **all characters ((requests))
423K 5.5K 56
In my imagines, I use the characters from 13 Reasons Why, but I portray them as if they're better people. So that's just a "warning" I guess. Also, I...