the flash and the black widow...

By no_one_i_am_no_one

Anastasia Volkov is back for another season of the flash, only this time after six months. what happened at t... More

new beginnings
trust
scars
the life ahead of us
get to know
your way
back to Egypt
back to Egypt 2
turn me to the dark side
white whale
let go of yourself
on our happy way to earth-2
change someone
swim away
a really short chapter
timeline
lights
never letting go
raised, friend, lover

The truth after the lie

243 6 2
By no_one_i_am_no_one

Anastasia pov

I stood next to Harry as he talked to his watch.

"Are you sure he will give you your daughter back?" I asked.

"No... But it's the best shot I've got." Harry said and continued to talk.

"Oh, hey," Barry said as he walked in.

"Hey," Harry replied, and I waved.

"You're here late," Barry said, and Harry hid the device we worked on.

"As are you, shouldn't you be out doing... Whatever it is that 26-year-old do on Thursday night?" Harry asked.

"I'm recently single... So I thought I'd tackle the breach problem, see if I could figure out a way to close them, and look like you had the same idea," Barry said as he lifted a book. "And Ana is here 26 and not doing...whatever it is that 26-year-old do on Thursday night." He added.

"Right well, I work better alone.
Don't bring Ana into this; she is quiet."

"Oh, no, haven't you heard the expression "two heads are better than one" or, in this case, three?" Barry asked.

"No."

"Must be an earth 1 thing."

"You understand, for me, that my Earth is Earth-1?" Harry asked

"Yeah."

"Your Earth has yet to create CFL quark matter, and so it would take you too long to catch up on the science haul, so I'll do it by myself."

"This science?" Barry asked as he referred to the book in his hands.

"Yes, that science."

"Watch this." Barry started speed reading 

"That's annoying," I said.

"Wow.
All right, I'm all caught up for the next, like, 30 minutes, give or take. It looks like I missed one, though." Barry walked to the book behind me.

"All right, you can assist, but we're in charge."

"Yeah, you're in charge."

"What's the matter?"  Harry asked as he noticed Barry struggling.

"Um, not... I can't remember. Is the helicity of a particle left-handed if its spin and motion are the same or opposite?" Barry asked.
"It's..." I was about to answer but was interrupted by Barry
"No, hold on, I got it. Hold on, don't answer that." Barry said and sped read a book, "opposite. I knew that."

"You know that's annoying?" Harry asked.

"Uh, it's, you know, just got to... Recharge the old short-term every once in a while." Barry said, and Harry sighed.

"You know, this feels like old times." Barry smiled, and I erased the board I was writing on.

"Okay," Harry replied, annoyed.

"I mean, I know this is our first time working together, but I am learning a lot from you. The last Wells was a real mentor." Barry started, and Harry sighed. "He believed that I could do anything. He made me believe it."

"Okay." Harry sighed again.

"He opened up whole new worlds to me. I guess he was like another father almost." Barry continued.

Harry threw the eraser at Barry. "Stop it, all right?" 

"What?"

"I did not ask for your help, okay? I certainly did not ask to be your mentor."

Okay, relax. I was just talking about...

"Hey, you know what? I have a kid already. I don't need another one, so scram. Let me finish this by myself."

"All right." Barry's answer was short and quiet; he left looking broken.

"You are wrong; you do need him," I said and corrected his equation.

"...dude, what?" Barry asked as I walked in.
Man, I needed that break.

"Tarpit," Cisco said, and I sat down.

"You shouldn't worry.
We're going to get him with these." Cisco said, and Harry threw him something. "With these NITROUS GRENADES.
Each of these has ten times the concentration of a hot rod's nitrous tank and is triggered by extreme heat.
We're talking 650 degrees, that's the boiling point of asphalt, so one of these puppies makes contact, you got a Tar Pit popsicle for dessert." 

"All right, that's great. Um... Hey, look, I think that maybe you were right. I felt slower tonight. You know, not by much, but enough. Well, do you think there's something wrong with the suit maybe?" Barry asked.

"It's unlikely," Harry yelled from his place.

"The readings from the suit are normal. You know I take care of that thing."

"Yeah, what? Am I sick?" Barry asked.

"I don't know, dude. Feel any different?" Cisco asked.

"No, not really. I mean, I know that I'm slower at the moment, but I can't tell by how much." I saw Harry as he suffered listening to the conversation.

"2%. Tests on the components in your blood show the Speed Force at 100% for the last 60 days until today, it dropped to 98." Caitlin announced.

"Zoom stole Jay's speed. Do you think maybe, during your fight with Zoom, yours might have diminished?" Cisco asked.

"But that was weeks ago. Why would I just be feeling those effects now? Dr. Wells? Ana?" Barry asked us.

"Yeah."
"Yes?" Harry and I said together.

"You've studied the Speed Force more than anyone. What do you think could have happened?" Barry asked.

"It could be any number of things." Harry lied.

"Yeah. All right. I just looked, I mean, Iris could have died tonight." Barry said.

"She's gonna be okay, Barry." Caitlin comforted him.

"You know, this time, but the fact is, she is hurt right now because of me. I wasn't fast enough to protect Iris just from some meta-human tonight. When Zoom attacks again, I need all of my speed and then some.
I can't lose anyone else."

"You won't." Harry walked to the suit and took the symbol
"I did it."

"Whoa, whoa, what is that?" Cisco asked.

"I stole your speed. I gave it to Zoom." Harry geld the device in his hands like a boy who broke his mother's favorite teacup.

"No, no, no, this isn't... What... you're working with Zoom?" Barry asked.

"No, not at first."

"We trusted you. I trusted you!" Barry yelled and Joe punched Harry.

"Joe, stop!" Caitlin yelled.

"Why did you put him in there?" Caitlin asked as joe threw harry into a meta-human cell.

"Because if I didn't, I would've killed him. Let's go find this tar freak." Joe said and left.

I opened the cell and joined Harry.

"Ana, what are you doing." I helped him, if he's in here then so should I." I answered and smiled softly.

"You know? it's ironic I was just saying how much you remind me of the old Wells and now I'm standing on either side of this glass with me asking you, why?" Barry asked.

"I'm doing what I have to do to save my daughter," Harry answered.

"Yeah, at any cost, right?
The cost of Joe's daughter?"

"I told you I would betray you I would have to choose," Harry replied.

"You chose wrong."

"Well did I detective?
Because I just sacrificed my daughter, I just  Sentenced my daughter to death to save your son."

"Want a pat on the back?" Joe asked.

"I want you to send me home, send me back to earth-2, think about it, zoom wants you to get faster, he wants you to have more speed force to when he finally takes it from you, send me back use the implosion reactor to shut down the breach.
Shut down all the breaches.
Close them all and Zoom will never be able to cross over, ever again, and that'll be the end of it."

"What about your daughter?" Barry asked.

"Jesse is my battle to fight, not yours."

"What about you? Why did you help him?" Joe asked.

"I never told you... my daughter... Katarina... I lost her... it doesn't matter how...I just did... and I regret every moment, not being able to save her.
So if I can, I will help Harry save Jesse."

Sooooo, I'm sorry for not updating I was on a trip,
I will post as much as I can tomorrow though

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 62 16
Samantha Brody wanted to be a lot of things. One thing she wanted to be more than anything though, was loved. Not like a sister the way Martin did. N...
219K 1.1K 199
Mature content
206K 4.6K 68
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad