Lies, Lies And More Lies✔️

By krystall_xoxo

Book #2 - 'Nothing But The Truth' is now up on my profile ***************************************************... More

Lies, Lies And More Lies
1: I'm Engaged
2: Let's Get Married
3: I'll Take That Bet
4: I Can't Wait To Prove You Wrong
5: Ignore Him, He's Drunk.
6: Don't You Dare!
7: It's A Date
8: I'm Done With You
9: It Was Love At First Sight
10: We Made Bad Choices
11: You Dated Michael B Jordan?
12: Angry In Peace
13: Who's Your New House Guest?
14: Trouble In Paradise
15: Beggars Aren't Choosers
16: On Second Thought
17: A Good Looking Tree
18: A March Wedding
19: Tell The Truth
20: This Not So Lovely Midnight
21: A Friendly Game
22: A Win Is A Win
23: What's The Plan?
24: Let's Kidnap My Cousin
25: I Wasn't Alone
25.1: Such A Screw Up
26: Above Water
27: This Isn't My First Rodeo
28: I'll Call You Cady
29: In Your Dreams
30: One Lucky Lady
31: Tee Tee, Do You Love Me?
32: Derrek Dune Is Derrek Done For
33: Can't Take A Joke
34: Who's In trouble Now?
35: Liars Are Loosers
36: Scooby Dooby Ruby!
37: Surrounded By Criminals
38: Can You Hear Me?
39: Not Out Of The Woods Yet
40: Hear Me Cry
41: Twilight
42: What Do You See?
43: Once Bitten, Twice Shy
44: We Could Use A Time Machine
45: I'm Sorry She Hurt You
46: The first time is always nerve wracking.
47: You Poor Thing
48: The Big Sister I Never Had
49: Another Woman's Fiancé
50: The Heartache
51: Don't Play Dumb
52: Two Truths And A Lie
53: Destination Unknown
54: The Biggest Fool In The world
55: The Girl Who Torpedoed My Life
56: In The Rain
57: Selfish Reasons
58: I Call It The Broken Wife
59: You Should Leave
60: If The Truth Came Out
61: Because Of You
62: Not Murder But Close
63: Midnight Sugar Picnic
64: The Truth Is
65: You Need To Leave
66: Promise Not To Tell
67: That girl and her anger issues
68: Tough Girls Cry
69: Sunlight
70: Name Your Price
71: I Was Framed
72: Understand
73: Truthfully
74: I Would Never Do That
75: Everyone Struggles
76: Apartment On Fire
77: Fireworks
78(Part I): Till Death Do Us Part
78(Part II): A Moment's Peace
79(Part I): The Fear Was Real
80(Part I): Ghost Of The Past
80(Part II): I Love You!
Book #2: Nothing But The Truth

79(Part II): The Fear Was My Reality

280 59 3
By krystall_xoxo

A/N:

Thanks for 26k reads ❤️❤️❤️

"It feels so good to be out here, under the open blue sky, with the woman I love." Derrek gave a sigh of satisfaction, glancing up at me from my thighs where his head was laid. I smiled down at him as I brushed the palm of my hand over the top of his head.

Derrek and I were on a picnic in the park, enjoying the cool harmattan breeze and cloudy sky. He had suggested a picnic to try out a few snacks he had whipped up and so, we had spent the past hour, laying on a blanket on the green park grass and staring at the sky amongst other things.

"You've been glued to my side for the past week. I'm not sure how good it feels anymore." I teased him and he gasped, sitting up straight and facing me.

"You don't mean that." He looked appalled. I bit on my inner lip to stop myself from laughing at his expression.

"I mean, I get that I'm irresistible and you're head over heels for me but you gotta chill a little, you know." I continued to tease.

"Oh, wow! We've been away from each other for a whole month, so, forgive me if I'm just trying to make up for lost time." He got up to his feet and the smile got wiped off my face. "If you don't appreciate my company, I'll just be on my way then."

"You're going to leave? For real?" I scoffed as he proceeded to put on his sneakers at the edge of the blanket.

"Yeah, you clearly don't want me here." He said, hopping on one leg as he almost lost his balance putting on his shoe.

"You can leave! I don't care!" I crossed my arms stubbornly, feigning annoyance.

"Alright, then. I'll be taking my snacks along with me." He lifted up the picnic basket from where it was seated and I gasped.

"You wouldn't!"

"Oh, yes I would. I'll give them to Benjamin instead. He never complains about hanging out with me."

I scoffed as he threw his newly formed bromance with my brother in my face. They had been out together, twice and already claimed they were best friends, with Benjamin promising to steal Derrek away from me. I knew they had both formed an alliance to annoy me but I was too smart to let them get to me.

"Like hell you would." I scoffed once again but paused as Derrek's phone began to ring. I smirked and picked it up before he could think of reaching for it. "I'll only give your phone back if you hand over the snacks." I negotiated.

"Tiara, come on. That might be an important call." Derrek groaned and I glanced at the screen to see the name 'My Oga Alexander Iwobi' displayed on the screen.

"My Oga Alexander Iwobi." I read out, laughing.

"That idiot has been messing with my phone. My Oga, my arse." Derrek scoffed on hearing me. "Can you pass the phone? I've been expecting his call." He leaned forward, stretching his arm towards me.

I jumped up to my feet and took two wide steps back, then, I placed my hands behind me, hiding the phone.

"Fine. Here's the basket. Let's trade off." He finally admitted defeat and stretched the basket towards me. The ringing stopped and I glanced at the screen.

"Oops. Sorry, I'll call him back." I said as I unlocked Derrek's phone and proceeded to call Alex back for him. However, right before I could tap on the call icon, a message came in from Alex.

My Oga Alexander Iwobi: Got the tickets. Our flight leaves at ten tomorrow morning.

"Wait, what's this?" I frowned and Derrek walked up to me, taking his phone from me. "Derrek?" I called as he gave a sigh.

Derrek locked his phone and placed it in his pocket, then, he took my hand in his, lightly brushing his thumb over my knuckles.

"I'm sorry, I was going to tell you but-"

"You're leaving again?"

"I have to. I haven't finished sorting everything with my dad and the company. It's vital I do as soon as possible so I can be completely free of him." He explained and I gave a sigh, slightly annoyed that he had to leave when he had only been back a week.

"How long will you be gone this time?" I asked and he stayed silent for a moment. I didn't like the way he was quiet. "Derrek, answer me."

"I don't know really. It might be a while."

"A while? Why? Isn't it just to turn down the position? Why didn't you just do that last time?"

"Things are more complicated than that, Tiara. I didn't want to say anything before because of the accident and the court hearing but my father is threatening to cut off the entire family's funds if I don't come back to work for him. He's completely cut off the twins and as much as I can survive without his money, I can't afford to pay the twins' tuition and living expenses at the moment. My father's a stubborn man and I do not want my sisters to suffer because of his pride."

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say to this. I had, had this fear at the back of my mind for a while since I started dating Derrek and now, the fear was my reality. If Derrek compromised to save his sisters, he was going to have to move back to England, thousands of miles away from me.

"Is that why you didn't tell me?" I looked down at the grass as I felt tears well up in my eyes. "You're not sure you're coming back, are you? You're leaving me."

"No, I'm not leaving you." He cupped my cheeks, assuring me. "I will find a way around this, I promise."

I bit my lower lip and blinked rapidly to stop the tears from rolling out my eyes. Just when I thought Derrek and I were free to be together without any obstacles, another one showed up. Were we ever going to be happy?

"What if you can't?" I said and I felt an ache in my chest at the thought. I didn't want to loose Derrek.

"I can and I will." He promised, staring deep into my eyes as he spoke. His words sounded so convincing but-

"Your dad is basically asking you to choose between me and your family."

"Tiara-"

"I will not be abandoned again!" I shook my head as tears rolled down my cheeks. I was getting a sense of deja vu. This had happened before.

"I will never abandon you, Tiara." Derrek promised and wrapped his arms around me. "I'll be back before you know it. I promise you."

I felt a lump form in my throat. I had heard those words before.

"Okay." I said, taking in a deep breath in order to calm myself. I reminded myself that Derrek was not Jordan. He was never going to abandon me.

*

I took in a deep breath as Derrek and I stepped out of the car. I had decided to drive him to the airport as I had wanted to spend a little more time with him. He assured me that he wasn't going to stay in England as long as he had the last time, that he was going to get everything sorted out and come back to me.

There was a little voice at the back of my mind that told me that I was never going to see him again but I shook it off.

I had long forgotten about Jordan James but somehow, memories of him and his betrayal had began to flood my mind and I found myself getting angry and worried and I was starting to doubt Derrek.

"Tiara, are you okay? I've called you like five times." I heard Derrek say as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I had no idea when he came over to this side of the car.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I gave him a smile and he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you, cupcake." He gave a sigh. "You wanna elope to a far away country where no one can find us and we can live out the rest of our lives free of responsibilities?"

"That sounds very tempting but it wouldn't be fair to our family and friends. They'd go crazy thinking we died or something."

"You're right." He gave another sigh. "I wish you could come with me though." He pouted and it was my turn to sigh.

Derrek had asked me to come with him to the UK but I had declined although every part of me wanted to.

The case with Candice was over now and I needed to pick myself up and put my life back in order. I had some thinking to do and I couldn't do any of that if I was vacationing in London.

"I love you, Tiaraoluwa." Derrek said, placing a lingering kiss on my forehead. "Don't get into trouble while I'm gone, okay?"

"Can't promise you that." I shook my head, laughing as he let me go. "I love you too, Derrek." I placed a kiss on his cheek and he nodded, stretching his hand out for me to hold.

We walked into the airport and I held onto Derrek's arm tightly. I really didn't want to let him go but in a few moments, I was going to have to.

I sighed once again, glancing at Derrek for the last time. I was going to miss his pretty brown eyes and his gorgeous white smile.

"Tiara!" A voice called and before I could figure out who it was, a pair of arms wrapped around me. "I can't believe it's really you!" Hearing the familiar masculine voice once again, my eyes widened in shock. I knew that voice. I knew that accent.

The man pulled back, placing his hands on my shoulders as he gave a small laugh. I was hesitant in looking up at his face, not knowing if I was ready to come face to face with a past I thought I had long forgotten.

Slowly but surely, I glanced up at him and I felt my breath hitch in my throat as my eyes fell on his face.

"Jordan." I breathed. I couldn't believe it was really him. After so many years, he was here, right in front of me.

Before I could say another word, Jordan turned to Derrek with a smile on his face as he stretched out his arm towards him.

"Hi, I'm Jordan James." He introduced. "I'm Tiara's fiancé."

**Five years ago**

"I know we've only been dating for three months but I cannot imagine a life without you, Tiara. You are my entire universe and without you, I wouldn't be." I stood, stunned by Jordan's sudden confession.

Jordan James was my nineteen year old, six feet tall, French-Nigerian boyfriend and he was the best thing that had ever happened to me.

It had been love at first sight and I always thought such a thing didn't exist until met him. We had clicked the night we met at a mutual friends birthday dinner and we had been inseparable ever since. He treated me right and let me experience love in every sense of the world. He was perfect and I loved him.

Sometimes I wondered if he felt the same deep emotions of love that I did but his actions proved that he did. I always believed that actions spoke louder than words and with Jordan, it really did, however, I longed to hear those three endearing words from him. I had held myself back from saying it so many times. Was three months too soon for us to exchange those words?

Our relationship was slow paced as Jordan liked to take his time and never made a move until he was absolutely sure it was the right decision. Asking me out only a few days after we met was the most spontaneous thing he had ever done, until today, that is.

Jordan and I had taken a trip to Hawaii to cool off as the semester had just ended. He had surprised me with tickets and I had been completely shocked by it as he never did anything spontaneously. He always had to map things out and thoroughly think things through, so, it was a lot surprising when he showed up with two tickets to Hawaii just a day after we had concluded our exams and now, he was getting down on one knee.

Wait, what?

My eyes widened in complete and utter shock as my boyfriend took out a black velvet box from the inner pocket of his violet blazer. I should have known something was up when Jordan dressed so nicely for our dinner date. He always dressed nice but today, it looked like he had gone the extra mile with freshly cut hair, putting on his favorite pair of dress shoes and an expensive looking violet suede blazer which complimented his chestnut brown skin. He looked like a dream.

"I never thought I would propose this quickly but you know what they say, once you know, you know-" He smiled widely as he took out the diamond ring from the box. "-and I know that I want to spend everyday of my life right by your side. I love you, Tiara Digiola. Will you marry me?" His dark brown eyes shined so brightly as he glanced into mine. I had never seen eyes as beautiful as his. I was completely mesmerized by him and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him as well.

"Yes!" I said in glee, nodding my head. Who cared that we were only nineteen? Love wasn't bound by age. The only thing that mattered was how we felt about each other. "I love you too, Jordan James!" I confessed as he slipped the ring onto my finger. It had fit perfectly.

*

The next two months had been wonderful. I was still excited about being engaged but I hadn't told my parents back in Nigeria. I knew they would have had a problem with their teenage daughter getting engaged to someone she had only known a few months, so, I planned on telling them once I turned twenty in a couple of months.

Our friends, on the other hand, knew about our engagement and most had been happy for us while some others thought we were crazy for getting engaged so early in our relationship but it didn't matter cause we were happy, at least that was until one very day.

I frowned as I noticed the uneasy look on Jordan's face. I had decided to pay him a surprise visit at his apartment, right outside of the NYU campus with a plate of jollof rice and a bowl of catfish pepper soup. He always enjoyed my Nigerian dishes, so, I always made sure to leave some over for him whenever I cooked some.

It was exam week and Jordan had been stressing out about it. He seemed to struggle for some unknown reason and it worried me. He was very brilliant and had no problem with studying, so, it was really worrying that he was struggling now. I had noticed his overall mood had changed for the past two weeks and although I had asked him several times if anything was wrong, he always insisted that he was fine, so, I let him be, choosing to trust that he would have come to me when he was ready to talk.

I had put in a lot of thought before deciding to visit Jordan. I didn't want to distract him from his study session but after our mutual friend, Tyler came to me, worried about Jordan who he had seen at a Cafe looking less than himself, I decided to pay him a visit. He must have been overworking himself with reading and not getting enough sleep and food.

"Tiara, what are you doing here?" Jordan asked, walking out of his door and immediately closing it behind him. Something felt strange.

"Oh, I made you jollof rice and catfish pepper soup." I said holding up the bag I had kept the food bowls in.

"You didn't have to." He said as I handed him the bag. I reached up to touch his forehead and touched mine with my other hand. He didn't seem to have a temperature thankfully but there was this look on his face that worried me. He looked sickly and stressed but there was something else that I couldn't figure out. It made me feel uneasy.

"Are you okay, Jay? You looked stressed out." I said as I dropped my hands to my side and he shook his head, giving me a smile but I could tell it wasn't a genuine one. "Let's talk inside. My leg hurts from climbing five flights of stairs. They really need to get that elevator fixed." I proceeded to open the door but Jordan blocked me.

"It's really messy in there. Let's go have a drink instead." He took my hand and pulled me away from his door, towards the stairs at the end of the hallway. Something was definitely fishy.

"Jordan, what are you hiding?" I pulled my hand from his grip.

"Nothing. I just really need a drink." He said and I squinted my eyes as I assessed his facial features. I could feel it in my gut that he was hiding something.

Or someone?

My eyes widened at the thought. Did Jordan have a girl over? Was he cheating on me? Was that why he didn't want me to go in?

I rushed to his door and pushed it open before Jordan could stop me and I came face to face with three duffel bags, seated a few feet from the door.

"Jordan, are you going somewhere?" I asked, turning back to Jordan who was stood behind me.

"Uh, yeah." He side stepped me, walking towards the bags and moving them to the side, next to the wall.

"In the middle of exam week? Where are you going?"

"Home. There's something I need to take care of." He said vaguely and I crossed my arms over my chest, not satisfied with his explanation. He was going back to France and he wasn't going to tell me why?

"Can't it wait until exams are over?"

"No!" He yelled then pursed his lips for a moment before letting out a breath of air. "I need to go now." He said in a calmer tone.

"Jordan, what's wrong? Talk to me, please." I walked up to him and placed a hand on his upper arm. Something must have been very wrong if he was willing to miss his exams.

"I'll tell you everything after I get back. I promise." He said, placing a kiss on my forehead. His phone rang and he took it out of his pocket, swiping on the screen to answer. "Hello? Yeah, I'll be right out."

I watched as he walked over to his bags and picked them up. I couldn't help but scoff at him. He was really leaving right now.

"So, you were just going to disappear on me? You weren't going to tell me you were leaving this morning?"

"It sort of just happened, Tiara. I'm sorry." He walked up to me and I saw a flash of regret in his eyes as he stared at me. "I love you. I'll be back before you know it." He placed a kiss on my lips and then he was gone.

I should've known he was never coming back. All the signs were staring me in the face but I was too blind to see it. I hadn't realized it until he left the apartment but all of his furniture was gone and he had packed up all of his belongings. Someone who planned on coming back wouldn't have erased every trace of himself.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Guys, we've got one chapter (CHAPTER 80) left of LLAML. 🤧🤧🤧

The last chapter would be broken into two parts and I plan on posting them both at once.

There would be an announcement at the end of the second part of CHAPTER 80 so please make sure to check it out when it's up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 7.3K 41
|| Bukola Solade has two major secrets and they are not what land her in trouble! It's a third one that only she knows about. She had two secrets. He...
42.7K 12.7K 41
When Dieko's father becomes a drunkard overnight, her mother becomes a punching bag but she endures it hoping it will all end soon but when he then b...
639 53 18
"We are not going to give you the share" "Yes, you are. I saved your life" "Yeah, but police or maybe agents could caught us again" "Why? you're litt...
4.8K 258 63
Meet TASHA - Her goal has been to open her very own gym. Now back in London she's realised a lot has happened whilst she's been gone. She only ever h...