Reunited - A Stucky x OC story

De St0veandBucket

Sequel to America's Trio. After Madison and Bucky fell off the train they were back in the clutches of HYDRA... Mai multe

Character Profiles
Chapter 1 - Training
Chapter 2 - Panic
Chapter 3 - Ten Rings
Chapter 4 - The First Iron Man
Chapter 5 - In My Arms
Chapter 6 - All For Nothing
Chapter 7 - Failure
Chapter 8 - Got You Back
Chapter 10 - Nightmares
Chapter 11 - Introductions
Chapter 12 - Shopping
Chapter 13 - Cookies
Chapter 14 - Overwhelmed
Chapter 15 - Found
Chapter 16 - Fight
Chapter 17 - Waking Up
Chapter 18 - Star Wars
Chapter 19 - Nightmares
Chapter 20 - The Mission
Chapter 21 - The Mission Part 2
Chapter 22 - Sharon
Chapter 23 - Proposition
Chapter 24 - Vacation
Chapter 25 - Welcome to Seattle

Chapter 9 - Confused

891 29 0
De St0veandBucket

November 15th, 2012

Bucky's POV

For the first week of Madison being unconscious Steve and I never left her side. But unfortunately, we still need to take down Hydra which is currently trying to get its two favorite assets back. Steve and I have become so busy that we only stay with Madison during meals and when we need to sleep. All except for today, for some reason today has been less busy so Tony kicked me and Steve out telling us to go watch Madison.

We have been sitting in silence when all of a sudden Bruce walked in. "Hello Bruce," Steve greeted rather glumly. He's beginning to lose hope that Madison will ever wake up.

"Hello Steve, Bucky. Madison has healed enough that I think I have something that can wake her up."

" Can you really do that?" I asked. This sounds to go to be true.

"I don't want to get your hopes up, there is a chance that this won't work. Several years ago I developed a drug that should help her wake up."

" That's great news Bruce," Steve said immediately lighting up. I can't let my hopes get too high then if it doesn't work I won't be too disappointed.

" Of course Steve. Now I would suggest you two go shower while I work," Bruce ordered as he shooed us out of the room.

"Are you telling us we smell?" I joked as he pushed us out of the room. Bruce didn't say anything which is an answer enough as he shoved us out and closed the door.

" See you in a minute," Steve smiled before walking away to his room. Almost immediately he turned back into the hopeful man who thinks everything is going to be fine and we'll be one big happy family again.

I took a nice long shower before I changed into my usual dark jeans and a black t-shirt, I don't like wearing any other colors, I always wore black while I was with Hydra and I guess not all habits can disappear. I was drying my hair when an alarm suddenly went off scaring me half to death.

"J.A.R.V.I.S what is the alarm for?" I called out to the AI who apparently is always watching us, which I must say is creepy as hell.

"It seems Colonel Hayes has woken up and is missing," the AI reported and I immediately froze letting the towel I was holding fall to the ground as panic settled in.

"Missing, how is she missing?" I asked the AI, Hydra can't have found her already.

"It seems not all of my cameras were repaired after the Hydra attack," the AI responded. Of course they weren't, when is life ever easy.

I abadoned my previous mission of drying my hair and ran out of my room almost running into Steve. "Madison is missing!" He exclaimed clearly panicking.

" Calm down, she is still in the building. J.A.R.V.I.S. would've told us otherwise," I told him, trying to convince myself just as much as him that she wasn't taken.

"We should split up."  I immediately agreed so we went on our separate ways in hopes of finding Madison before she got hurt or worse. I began looking in every single room hoping she was just hiding somewhere. Though this tower is massive and I'm already lost but I will still look everywhere. I was peaking my head into one of the many empty bedrooms when I heard sniffling coming from somewhere in the room.

"Madison you in here?" I called out quietly. She didn't answer but I heard more sniffling so I walked further into the room.

As soon as I walked into the room, I saw Madison curled in a corner with tears streaming down her face. "J.A.R.V.I.S. please alert the team that I found Madison and update Captain Rogers of our location," I whispered not wanting to startle Madison.

"Of course Sergeant Barnes, they have been notified," the AI responded quietly.

I then slowly walked toward Madison. "What are you doing in here doll?" I whispered not quite sure where that nickname came from, but it feels right, Madison's head darted up and she looked at me startled.

" Bucky?" She whispered calming down a little. At least she knows who I am. Maybe she remembers everything but based on the lost and confused look on her face I think that's just wishful thinking.

"Yeah, it's me doll. What's wrong?" I asked stepping forward.

"I woke up in a strange room and I remember that Hydra was trying to get you. I tried to find you before they took you but I got lost so I just hide," she whispered before letting out a terrified gasp. "Where is Steve? Did they get him? Did I kill him? Is Steve okay?"

Madison started sobbing again so I came up to her and pulled her into my arms. "This isn't Hydra doll. You are in the Avengers and Steve is alright. You scared him when you disappeared," I whispered as I stroked her head.

Just then the door burst open revealing a panting Steve. The loud noise caused Madison to jump but I continued to hold her tight. "Don't worry doll it's just Steve," I whispered.

"Steve?" She whispered as she looked at Steve coming closer. She recognizes him, knows him. But she is just like me, only knows a little.

"Yeah it's me, sweetheart," Steve whispered as he took another step forward.

I felt Madison tense and then she suddenly jumped to her feet and pulled away from me. "No don't come closer!" She exclaimed causing Steve to halt. "I don't want to hurt you!"

"You aren't going to hurt me Madison," Steve responded calmly.

"I tried to kill you! I'm a monster, I don't want to hurt you," she cried out. Watching her like this completely broke my heart. Because I know exactly how she is feeling, I was the same way when I broke out of the programming and realized what I had done.

"But you didn't, you didn't hurt me. You remembered me and I know that you will never hurt me," Steve whispered taking another step forward.

Madison crumpled to her knees and began to mumble to herself even with my enhanced hearing I could only pick up a few words. I wanted to run up to her and help, but she needed Steve so I slowly backed away so Steve could help. Steve slowly crouched next to Madison and pulled her into a hug. "Madison you are not a monster. Both Bucky and I care about you more than almost anything. You can't hurt us."

Madison began to calm down so I walked over and wrapped my arms around the both of them. "We will always be here for you. You aren't a monster and you never will be. Till the end of the line."

Both Steve and I continued to whisper into Madison's ears until she finally completely calmed down. "Is she asleep?" I whispered after a while.

"Yeah I think so," Steve whispered back.

"Alright I'm going to bring her back to her room," I whispered pulling away so I could pick her up.

I gently took Madison out of Steve's arms and walked out of the room with Steve following behind. When I walked out Tony was standing there looking very worried and I almost forgot that he was close to her for a short while, while he was captive in Afghanistan. I remember that mission, the mission she almost died on. She has come close to the brink of death on many missions, just as I have. But she actually died for several minutes before bringing her back.

"Is she alright? What happened? Is she hurt?" Tony started firing questions at me. The snarky Tony I have grown to know disappeared and was replaced with a concerned Tony.

"Tony, calm down. She got freaked out when she thought she was still at Hydra, when she couldn't find her way out she hid from us," Steve explained before I could.

"Oh thank goodness," Tony sighed. "Alright well if she's all right I will be in my lab," Tony dismissed before leaving abruptly.

I quickly set Madison in her bed and gently put the blanket over her body. "Do you think she will be okay on her own?" I asked turning to Steve.

"Yeah we can have J.A.R.V.I.S. alert us if Madison is having a nightmare, or if she wakes up," Steve suggested. " Besides I don't want to creep her out by having us by her side when she wakes up."

" Yeah your right," I sighed walking out of Madison's room. I didn't realize how late it was until I saw that it was completely dark outside.

"It's getting late we should head to bed," Steve suggested and I couldn't agree more, I am exhausted.

"Goodnight Steve."

"Goodnight Buck."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

684 38 32
It's been almost 70 years since the end of World War II, and losing the love of her life, Bucky Barnes, and her best friend, Steve Rogers, at the han...
366K 5.5K 64
This book is a continuation of the previous one.. literally starting right where the other one left off!! Self-insert 🥰 You are a former Black Widow...
16.4K 338 19
''He made me a promise. He promised that he would one day come back to me after the war. And after he went missing, little did I know that seventy ye...
1.6K 62 5
"You're not coming back," you say, watching him as he watches the still body of water in front of the two of you. "You're going back to her." You alw...