𝔸 ℂ𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕒...

By urwritergurl

Tw: this book will deal with triggering topics. If you are easily triggered this is not the story for you, th... More

𝐼𝓃𝓉𝓇𝑜𝒹𝓊𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃
𝓐 𝓒𝓞𝓤𝓡𝓣 𝓞𝓕 𝓛𝓞𝓥𝓔 𝓐𝓝𝓓 𝓦𝓡𝓐𝓣𝓗
𝒢𝓇𝒶𝓅𝒽𝒾𝒸𝓈 𝒢𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓇𝓎 + 𝒯𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓁𝑒𝓇
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-one
Sixty-two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Game of Aces
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy- Nine
Eighty
Eighty-One
Eighty-Two
Eighty-Three
Eighty-Four
Eighty-Five
Eighty-Six
Eighty-Seven
Eighty-Eight
Eighty-Nine
Ninety
Ninety-One
Ninety-Two
Ninety-Three
Ninety-Four
Ninety-Five
Ninety-Six
Ninety-Seven
Ninety-Eight
Ninety-Nine
One-Hundred
Hundred-one
Hundred-Two
Hundred-Three
Hundred-Four
Hundred-Five
Hundred-Six
Hundred-Seven
Hundred-Eight
Hundred-Nine
Hundred-Ten
Hundred-Eleven
Hundred-Twelve
Hundred-Thirteen
Hundred-Fourteen
Hundred-Fifteen
AHHHHHHHHHH
Hundred-Sixteen
Hundred-Seventeen
Hundred-Eighteen
Hundred-Nineteen
Hundred-Twenty
Hundred-Twenty-One
Hundred-Twenty-Two
Hundred-Twenty-Three
Hundred-Twenty-Four
Hundred-Twenty-Five
Hundred-Twenty-Six
Hundred-Twenty-Seven
Hundred-Twenty-Eight
Hundred-Twenty-Nine
Hundred-Thirty
Hundred-Thirty-One
THANK YOU

Seventeen

7.8K 425 22
By urwritergurl

I sat on a velvet chair as I stared at the pale walls of my room. It felt as though I was seeing and yet my mind was in a far-off place. The world felt like a mere dream I would wake up from any moment. Though I knew that wasn't the case. Everything was cloudy like nothing around me was quite real.

    I didn't know how long I sat in that chair, hours, days, maybe weeks. I'd come back to my room after the explosion, my eyes had somehow found the chair in the corner of the room that I'd seemed to pass by when everything wasn't scrambled. I'd sat down in it, relishing in the comfortableness. I hadn't left it since, only getting up to use the bathroom or get water. I hadn't gone to bed—only a few minute naps when I'd drift off during the day.

    I hadn't left my room, there had been knocks and small muffled voices through the walls and yet I just didn't care. I was empty. My last dregs of will had been sipped away until only a small drop was left.

    I was wasting away. And yet I couldn't bring myself to do anything.

    My eyes drooped as I leaned my chin on my fist. The sun was out, shining through the windows, and yet I could have sworn it was near midnight. Low voices muffled through the halls nearby, a normalcy that was likely the servants scuffling through the halls.

    But the voices didn't go away. They loitered in the hall getting closer to my room. A small ember of curiosity lit inside me, enough to drag me from my chair and stand for the first time in I didn't know how long.

    My legs shook under me and I gripped the wall to keep myself from collapsing under my own weight. Once my legs had stabled themselves and I'd finally straightened up, I listened again.

    Two males nearly yelled behind my door, growing louder by the second. I walked to my door. Placed an ear to the hardwood and tried to make out who it was; Tamlin and another.

A growl echoed through the wall and Tamlin spoke, "Get out." His voice was guttural. Warning.

    The other voice was quiet as he spoke—too low to make out what he said or who it was.

    "I'll say it one last time—"

    Tamlin was interrupted and another growl was ripped from him. I furrowed my brows as I tried to gauge who it was. I lifted my left palm to my face looking at the cat-eye in the middle. Had it truly been that long?

    Oh.

    I reached for the doorknob uncertainly, twisting it and opening only a crack. The voices stopped as I opened the door all the way. There stood Tamlin and a smug Rhysand in his signature black suit. But as Rhysand turned towards me, the grin on his face faltered. His eyes grew near furious and yet his posture remained the same.

    "Danika," his eyes scanned me on a near analyzing level, "Are you running low on food here?"

    "What?" Tamlin asked in response, his expression near feral.

    His violet eyes were cold, as though all warmth had drained from him in the seconds I'd come out into the hall. He extended a hand, "Let's go."

    "She's not going anywhere with you," Tamlin exclaimed though I think we all knew it was half-hearted. He was being so loud I was surprised that no one had come running yet.

    Rhysand brushed an invisible speck of dust from Tamlin's shoulder. A gesture that would have surely put me in the infirmary. Rhysand's brows furrowed and he turned to me again. I checked the walls of my mind on instinct, finding that my barriers had somehow fallen down. I snapped them up.

    "Get out," Tamlin repeated again.

    The High Lord of the Night stuffed his hands into his silk pocket, shrugging his shoulders, "You really should have your wards inspected. Cauldron knows what other sort of riffraff might stroll in here as easily as I did."

    Rhysand frowned at me again, and I wondered the particular factor he'd found lacking. There seemed to be so many these days.

He extended his hand once more, but Tamlin stopped him almost gently, "You end her bargain, right here, right now, and I'll give you anything you want." I caught the cringe in the High Lord of Spring's eyes as the words escaped from him. I knew he regretted it the second he said it.

    Rhysand just raised a brow, "I already have everything I want." He stepped around Tamlin, grabbing the hand and my side. Seconds later I was engulfed in darkness once more.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A/N: babbbbbbyyyyy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 3.7K 53
A year has passed since Seren Marzena returned to the Night Court with her mate, Azriel. Their time of rest is coming to an end. Plans long kept sile...
138K 6.5K 55
Tw: this book will deal with triggering topics. If you are easily triggered this is not the story for you, thank you. (Book three in the Starlight se...
74.2K 3.1K 96
She sent as much love as she dared, hoping he wouldn't feel it, praying he wouldn't link it to her. But just for that one second, she let herself lov...
22.3K 1.2K 21
Fate had her remain with her father and youngest sister the day the debt collectors came. It was fate that her father let her go. It was fate that ga...