Manan - Hold My Hand

By aanchal_89

Manik Malhotra, CEO of Malhotra Groups, He is a private person and likes to have his own space. He has a few... More

"Introduction"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter 74

9.6K 994 210
By aanchal_89

"Let's start from the starting. Father approached my grandfather from my mom's side to support him in his business. My grandfather was impressed by him and arranged the marriage of my parents and even gave the company to him to support him.", Shravan started sharing his side as Sia gave him an encouraging smile.

"A year into the marriage they were very happy. Father decided to expand the business and took some risks. The business crashed badly, It was a difficult time for them, I remember mom saying I came as a blessing for them during those times. Father started working very hard and the business started getting back on track. I remember we were such a happy family, we would go to the beach on weekends. Father would take us with him on his business trip. We were very happy then suddenly things change. I was 12 when I noticed them arguing more often. Days after that, Father announced that from now on someone will be living with us. I didn't think much about it but Mom was upset. When he came to live with us, I realized he was the reason they were fighting, Mom didn't want him here so I ignored him all the time.", Shravan said and Nandini realized he was right to feel upset but he couldn't blame Manik for it when he didn't come here by choice. His father brought him and had discussed it with his mother as well.

"It was my 13th birthday, Father wanted to cheer me up and make up to me as he said and got me this cute german shepherd puppy, Shadow as my birthday gift. I remember I had played with it the whole day. When I came back from school one day I realized Shadow wasn't in my room, When I asked about him, Father said he would get me another dog and I should give Shadow to Manik as he was still adjusting to everything. I had thrown a tantrum and had asked him to get him any other dog as Shadow was my birthday gift but Father said Manik wanted Shadow only and as I am elder I should let it go. I always thought maybe I would still get to play with shadow but he never let me. Some days I would have to sneak Shadow out just so I could play and spend some time with him.", Shravan said with a sad chuckle and Nandini frowned, Did the chairman play with the two of them, lying about it to each of them?

"I was bitter about having to let go of Shadow and see my parents fight because of him not to forget anything I did, I was compared to him. Look at Manik, Learn something from him, Why can't you be like him. I hated him for getting all my father's appreciation. Father always took his side no matter what. I remember we had an argument and I had pushed him because he was playing with my video games. He got bruises or rashes on his arms and fell sick. Father punished me even when I told him I just pushed him and my little brother did nothing to deny or tell the truth. I was grounded for days, He didn't let me go for the singing audition too that I was preparing for days.", Shravan said as he remembered how much he had begged to go for the audition.

"Nothing was the same at home anymore, We never went out on weekends or on trips. Mom would lock herself in the room or would be out and Father would be busy with his work. Whenever they were home, they would fight. I remember it was around my 15th birthday and Mom was finally behaving normally, She would be home more and getting back to how she was. For my birthday, she was preparing for days, wanting to restart everything with Father. She was more excited than me but Father never came home. He was away on a business trip even when Mom kept reminding him about it for days. I remember they had a very big fight the next day. Mom started drinking again. I was frustrated and angry at everyone.", Shravan shared and gulped looking away as he remembered what happened next. Sia rubbed his palm comforting him and he took a deep breath.

"We had a business event to attend as a family. It was a very big project between the Malhotra Group and another company. Mom didn't want Father to bring Manik with us but he insisted on Family and Mom was angry at him and started drinking again. At the event, someone taunted mom about Manik and she got angry and shouted at the person. It gathered a lot of attention and Father asked Mom to leave insulting her in front of everyone. I remember taking her outside, She was feeling sick and the driver was not nearby. She asked me to put her down and call the driver. I left her in a corner away from everyone before moving to the parking area to get the driver. When I came back, I saw Manik along with Mom and another man who was carrying her walking towards the public area. I remember walking fast towards them but the media were around them already. I called security for help immediately. They helped mom to the car and when I asked them how the media came so soon they mentioned the guy who was with mom was a part of the media people.", Shravan said recalling the night perfectly.

"Oh what a mess it was on the news the next day, I hated Manik for calling the media and throwing her in front of the media like that. When Father came home, they fought a lot, Father talked about leaving mom and getting a divorce. He left the house after that but Mom kept drinking. I tried to help her but she pushed me away. I remember walking inside her room to call her for dinner later. She had taken a few steps ahead before she fainted... falling in my arms. I didn't know what to do. Father was not home. With some help from the house staff, we took her to the hospital, All the time, Manik just stood at the side and kept watching as if it was some drama going on. When the doctor said she fell into a coma, I didn't know what to do. All I wanted was someone to tell me she would be fine but Father was busy trying to keep it all out of the news and Manik, I don't think he even felt anything.", Shravan said his tone bitter as he cleared his throat and looked away composing himself.

Nandini felt his emotions as she looked at Cabir who stared at him with pity too. They knew Manik's reasons for his actions and it was far different from what Shravan was assuming. As Shravan kept narrating to her, she was sure of one thing, The chairman was the only person who was responsible for all this mess. Not Manik, Not Shravan, Not Annie, and Not Mrs. Malhotra. Only the chairman Yash Malhotra.

"Mom was in a coma at the hospital with no hope or news of when she would wake up. Father was never home anymore, maybe once or twice a month for a day. Imagine your whole family falling apart in just two years just because of a single person. I would either lock myself in my room or stay at the hospital. I remember coming home one day and watching Manik enjoying his lunch happily while my mother was sick, my family was falling apart. It triggered something in me, I remember throwing his plate and asking the cook to not make any food for him. I wanted him to suffer too, to feel the pain I was feeling because of him. It was not a good time for me. Those 3 years were probably the hardest part of my life. I got involved with some wrong people. I regret that now but at that time that was what kept me going.", Shravan said explaining how he dealt with his mother falling into a coma.

"I met Sia and we became friends somehow and I think that was the best thing that could've happened to me then. I started to get my act together. Things were slowly falling into place. I remember preparing for studying music in college and auditioning for movies. Mom woke up a few days after my 18th birthday. I was the happiest but she hardly spoke a few words for the first week but then she started talking slowly and improving. I shared with her about my dreams and that was when she decided to tell me the truth. The complete truth.", Shravan smiled at Sia, and Nandini could see the admiration and love they had for each other. 

Shravan let out a small laugh before he wiped his face with a sigh.

"All my life was a complete lie. I had a half-brother who was living with me for the past 5 years and I didn't have a clue about it. Suddenly it made sense why he wanted to separate my parents, and took everything from me. I honestly didn't know how to react. I really wanted to get away from all of this drama. I asked Mom to come with me, we would leave the city and start a new life but she denied it. She said she can't. She didn't want Father to give her parents company to his mistress's son. She had asked me to study business and take over it but I was never interested in business. I denied her and asked her to come with me instead. Every day I would try to convince her. I could see she wasn't not improving. Her doctor advised she needed to be taken away from all the stress. She had finally agreed too to get away but it all went down the drain when Father gave her divorce papers and had manipulated the shares to make himself the largest shareholder and not mom as she was before when Grandfather gave the company to Father. Father said I can either study business and be a part of the company or I can leave empty-handed.", Shravan said his veins showing in his neck as he fisted his hand.

Nandini realized what he meant that day talking about choices and dreams.

"Mom fell sick again and when she woke up she was like a dead soul trapped in a functioning body. I couldn't deny her wishes and leave her. I stayed back and decided to study business. I remember that day very well. I had told Father I would do what he want and study business, Father had taunted me again and compared me with him. This time I couldn't handle myself. All those years of lies and anger caught up to me. I had punched him first. He was not so innocent to hold himself back and had punched me hard too. I ignored him from then and I promised I would take revenge on everyone responsible for my mom's condition and fulfill her wish.", Shravan explained the whole story and Cabir wondered who was at fault in this, Manik, Shravan, or the situation that was created around them. 

"What about Shadow?", Nandini asked knowing that was something that made her hate Shravan the most. She had believed he liked Shadow by his talk before but playing such a prank. She couldn't believe it.

"Even after everything you just heard, do you think I would have done that to Shadow. Why do you think I couldn't get myself to have a dog again? Why do you think I regret having those bad company friends so much? I had stopped hanging around with them after I got close with Sia and Ishaan in college. That day, they insisted to hang around for old times and play some games. I went inside to get something. When I came back to them, they were laughing at something and Manik ran past us freaking out. When I had asked them about it, They said they opened the door to the lawn and made the dog run away to trouble Manik. I didn't even hear them completely before I was running to the lawn where I saw Manik holding Shadow in his arms as he died. Before I could say anything, he punched me hard. I couldn't even get to say goodbye to Shadow because he thought I was involved in that silly prank. ", Shravan explained to her his side of the truth, and the two of them didn't have words to say. 

Nandini looked at Cabir for help who looked equally troubled as her.

"Why didn't you ever try to talk to Manik about it? He tried a lot of times to talk with you.", Cabir asked confused.

"There was nothing to talk about. I knew what I saw and heard. For once, I could forgive him for coming here to stay with us and the reasons for my parent's fight because it was Father who was responsible for it but I can never forgive him for what he did with mom and how he behaved later about it.", Shravan said with a shrug as he drank the water Sia offered.

"You don't know the reason for it. ", Nandini said and Shravan shakes his head.

"I know everything I need to know.", Shravan said and Cabir sighed seeing the similarities between the two of them.

"No, you don't. What do you know about Manik's medical condition or about what happened with Annie? Do you even know the story about how they met?", Cabir asked him and Shravan frowned.

"I don't and I am not interested to know anything. If you guys think you can convince me or something you couldn't be more wrong.", Shravan said moving to get up but Sia held his hand.

"At least hear them out, They did hear you completely.", Sia said and Shravan sighed running a hand through his hair.

"Fine tell me.", Shravan asked turning to Cabir.

Cabir narrated the story about how Annie and his father met and how she wanted nothing to do with him till she couldn't handle it and wanted Manik to have a family behind.

Shravan was surprised to know that, he always thought Annie was a gold digger or something who tried to come in between his parents. He didn't know about their past romance or how Father ran away from his responsibilities and betrayed both her and his mother.

"What do you know about his medical condition? It's not just some bruises and fever you know. It's quite serious.", Cabir said and Shravan frowned hard.

"Do you know about what he had to face when Annie was wrongly accused? He was 12 then. It didn't help with his medical condition when the media would crowd him and Annie and try to get their attention pulling them and touching them. It tore you apart seeing your mother fainted in your arms think about what Manik had to go through when he found his mom dead. At least you had the maids and the staff around you. He was 12 and all alone with no idea of what was wrong with her. I remember when he had called my parents. He sounded like a robot. We wanted to comfort him but even a slight touch would make him sick and breathless. He dealt with all of them alone at that age. Now imagine losing your mother, fighting through such a medical condition, and having to live with a completely new family with unknown faces where everyone more or less hated him. Imagine learning that this new family is not unknown but his own father's family. The same father who never took the responsibility for you or your mother.", Cabir said, and Shravan was surprised to know the truth.

He never went into detail about Annie because he didn't want to do anything with her. He knew she had committed suicide and the media troubled her but he didn't know Manik was part of it too.

"That day Manik never intended to bring her to the media. Do you really think he would intentionally go there after everything he had to face because of them in the past? He found your mother and thought she was alone as she was passed out. He looked for you guys but couldn't find you and approached a man nearby for help because he couldn't touch her himself.  Trust me Manik didn't know that man was a part of the media. When they got around them, he froze because it was a flashback for him. He had a panic attack seeing it again remembering his own mother.", Cabir said and it somehow made sense to Shravan.

"About standing aside when she fainted, it was for the same reason. He had found his mother first dead laying on the bed. He couldn't have been of any help even if he had tried to help you.", Cabir said and Shravan sighed gulping down his thoughts wondering what's the truth and what's the lie.

"Shravan, he didn't mean to harm your mother in any way, even till this date, he can't handle alcohol well because it reminds him of your mom and what happened with her and how he couldn't protect her. The same thing happened yesterday. He isn't in the hospital because he couldn't handle the spiked drink. He passed out yesterday after a panic attack.", Nandini said and Shravan put his head on his palms.

"There's another thing, Manik never asked for Shadow to be taken from you. Chairman told him you weren't responsible and couldn't take care of him when he gave him to Manik. That's the reason why Manik didn't want you to be near Shadow.", Nandini said and Shravan was surprised to hear that.

"I really hope you can talk to him once and finish this fight going on for years. After hearing you it feels more like a misunderstanding created because of that asshole chairman. I hope you both can get past this.", Cabir said to Shravan as he stood up and walked closer to him and pat his shoulder as a sign of him forwarding an olive branch.

"I will tell Manik about everything we talked about and I am sure he would want to talk to you. Just think if it's all worth it. You want to save the company for your mother but is it worth it spoiling the reputation of the company and everyone else. What happens once you actually take over it, you don't have any interest in handling it. Are you going to let it go to ruins?", Nandini asked him and he realized he never thought over what he would do after he get the company.

"We will leave now. I really hope you make a wise decision.", Cabir said as he smiled at Nandini and they walked out of the house.

Cabir drove the car around before stopping at a park knowing they both needed some time before going home.

Cabir brought ice cream as they sat on a bench lost in thoughts

"I... I really don't know what to say. I just... I just wish they would have talked once. Maybe the both of them wouldn't have suffered so much. They went through similar situations. They would have been by each other side supporting them if only they would have given each other a chance.", Nandini said sighing as she couldn't help but wonder what all would have changed if they had talked.

"It's not their fault Cutie. Chairman was an asshole, I don't know if he did it knowingly or not but he brought differences in between them before they could even know each other. Growing up the situations were never on their side, they both kept misunderstanding each other and fighting against each other when they should've been together fighting with the chairman.", Cabir said wrapping an arm around her and pulling her in a hug.

"I don't know what I am going to tell Manik. How is he gonna react? Will he get worse or something?", Nandini asked him worried and he sighed knowing there's only one way to know that.

"We will do it together. ", Cabir said as he called Manik.

"Cabir if it isn't urgent, I am in the middle of a discussion.", Manik said picking up the call and Cabir sighed.

"Publish the news about you falling sick because someone spiked your drink. We will get the reports from the doctor.", Cabir said over the call.

"But what if he reveals about it?", Manik asked him confused.

"Just trust me and give that statement. He won't reveal about it. ", Cabir said and Manik sighed and said the same to Sara who nodded. Ishaan was confused about everything going on.

"Cabir...", Manik started but Cabir cut him off.

"Come home as soon as you can. I have some things that are more important to discuss with you. After giving the statement out, I don't think you will have to worry about anything. Bring Ishaan along. I will explain later", Cabir said and Manik sighed deciding to trust him, and nodded.

"Let's go home Cutie.", Cabir said as they sat back inside the car and reached Manik's home.

Navya and Mukti looked at them for an explanation as Oscar ran towards Nandini.

Nandini jumped a little before calming down and patting him. She sat down on the floor near the sofa playing with him as he nestled himself on her lap.

They watched some random movie waiting for Manik and Ishaan to join them when they heard them walk in.

"So anyone wants to tell me what's going on?", Manik asked looking at the four of them.

"Don't look at us. We don't know anything. They haven't told us yet.", Mukti said pointing at Cabir and Nandini.

"Nandini?", Manik asked and she looked up from Oscar to him.

"First, have a seat. Drink some water and then we will talk.", Nandini said and he sighed sitting on the sofa and drinking water from the bottle.

Oscar went to Manik and he smiled playing with him as he sat down near him.

Nandini looked at Cabir who looked at her nervous too.

"You are not going to speak a word or leave before I complete. Do you promise?", Nandini asked and Manik sighed knowing she did something he wouldn't have liked.

"I am not promising anything.", Manik told her and She looked at Cabir again.

"Manik at least you will hear us out completely.", Cabir tried to reason with him and he looked at the two of them and sighed.

"What did the two of you do exactly?", Manik asked narrowing his eyes at them.

"We went to visit Shravan.", Nandini said slowly staring at him and he just sighed.

"I should have known. You were giving all the signs. I am actually amazed you convinced Cabir to go with you. I understand getting Ishaan on your side. How did you get Cabir to come with you to talk to that jerk?", Manik asked her looking annoyed and curious but not hurt. She sighed taking it as a good sign.

"He couldn't say no to his cutie pie.", Nandini said jokingly making Manik raise an eyebrow at her.

"Fine, it was his instinct to protect you that made him come with me, We all know there's no other way to sort it out without being sure the information about your medical condition doesn't leak out. ", Nandini said and Manik sighed knowing she was right but he still didn't like her going to Shravan for help.

"So you decided to go to that jerk asking for help?", Manik asked a little hurt and Cabir jumped in before Nandini could answer.

"Asking for help? She went in there and so beautifully she gave back to him. She was amazing.", Cabir said making Nandini blush a little.

"Oh really? And he just listened and then agreed with your conditions. Are you sure you talked with the same jerk I know?", Manik asked and Nandini sighed.

"Well, he is the same person but less of a jerk after everything we got to know. Hear me out completely.", Nandini said as they all listened to Nandini and Cabir explaining everything they got to know from him taking turns.

By the end, Everyone had a speechless expression along with Manik who looked a little relieved too.

"Manik?", Nandini called for him and he looked up to her.

"I know it's a lot but I hope you can now see everything clearly.", Nandini said and he nodded.

"I don't know why but I am actually a little relieved knowing he didn't blame me without any reason for that incident. It was because of what he saw and misunderstood. Also knowing that his mom actually got better after that makes me feel a little better. I guess I can understand now why he hated me. Honestly, I didn't even know half the things you just told me. I never knew Chairman would compare me with him because Chairman had never praised me or talked nicely to me without the cameras. I always knew he liked Shravan and sided with him more. ",  Manik said and Nandini just gave a small smile as he sighed again.

"You know after knowing all of this, it doesn't feel right to fight for that chairman position. In a way, it belongs to Mrs.Malhotra and Je...Shravan.", Manik said and everyone smiled seeing him hesitate before getting used to saying his name.

"It's your call Manik but if Shravan is smart he would do the right thing. Everyone knows he can't take care of the business well.", Ishaan said and they all nodded.

"You know what? I feel like having pizza suddenly.", Manik said suddenly and they all looked at him wondering if he is serious.

"If you guys are forgetting it's still my birthday.", Manik said to them with a smile and they all laughed.

"Fine.", Navya said picking up her phone to order something.

"Are you seriously okay?", Nandini asked worried and he blinked and nodded.

"Yes, I am. It feels like I can have closure now.", Manik said and she smiled wide.

Manik lift his hand hesitating a little and Nandini looked up at him.

He brought it closer to her cheeks and she shifted but he shakes his head in no and lightly brushed his fingers on her cheek making Nandini close her eyes immediately not wanting to see his reaction.

She felt him cup her cheek hesitantly and opened her eyes feeling them teary as she realized he was okay. She felt him stare at her with relief and happiness in his eyes as he leaned closer and kissed her.

She immediately moved her hand to his neck as she kneeled near the sofa he sat on to get more comfortable with the kiss. 

Tears rolled down her eyes as she kissed him hard and he held her close to him afraid to let go.

He felt her sobbing a little and pulled back immediately wrapping a hand around her waist and pulling her onto the sofa hugging her as he hid his face in the crook of her neck as she cried in his arms.

"Happy Birthday", Nandini kept whispering in his neck and he sighed kissing her head.

"Thank you, Darling. I love you.", Manik said patting her head and not letting her go.

After a while when they calmed down, Ishaan was the first to break the silence.

"Can we stop pretending we are not here now or do you guys need some more time?", Ishaan asked and they chuckled as Nandini pulled back and looked at him.

"Do you have a problem with it?", Nandini asked not letting go of Manik yet and Ishaan nodded.

"Yes love, If you are done, we want to wish him Happy Birthday too.", Ishaan said and Nandini frowned before pulling back a little knowing they have also been waiting just like her to wish him and hug him. She can't be selfish now.

"5 minutes.", Manik said kissing her head as they all hugged him and wished him.

Manik had to calm Mukti a little and Cabir smiled pulling them in a hug.

"If you do this shit again with us, I would really kill you. Do you know how it feels like to know you got uncomfortable with my touch.", Cabir said messing his hair and Manik pushed him away.  

"It was a payback for trying to kiss me when I was sleeping.", Manik said glaring at him and Mukti chuckled.

"You okay?", Manik asked and she nodded.

"If he tried to stop me ever again to hug you. I will kill him first.", Mukti said glaring at Cabir who frowned.

Manik nodded kissing her head.

"I need one too.", Cabir said pointing at his head.

Manik chuckled before kissing his head too.

"Will I get one too?", Ishaan asked looking at him and Manik narrowed his eyes at him.

"Don't push it.", Manik said to him as he pout and they all laughed and Nandini relaxed hoping things go well tomorrow.

Manik sat back on his seat and pulled Nandini on his lap making her sigh in relief.

"So is it going to be PG-13 or what?", Navya asked the two of them making them roll their eyes.

"Are any of you guys under 18? I don't think so.", Manik said and they all cheered for him as Nandini blushed and put her head on his chest getting comfortable.

"Okay then I guess you won't mind me putting up a steamy romance movie.", Navya said teasing them as she picked up the remote and searched for one.

"No, I am feeling like watching the Notebook. It's been a while.", Mukti said and they put that on agreeing with her.

"Wait did I tell you guys one of my books will be made into a movie. I guess we can watch it when it does.", Mukti said and they all turned to her surprised.

"Wow. Congrats Mukti but I think I will pass watching it together. Even the censor board can't cut all the scenes with the level of details you put in your books.", Manik said and they all agreed with him.

"Fine. Let's watch this.", Mukti said with a pout as they started the movie.

"I am sorry we couldn't do anything you planned for today.", Manik said kissing her head and she smiled.

"It's fine. This is okay. We will do all of them tomorrow or the day after that. I will take you on a date. The best date you would have ever gone on.", Nandini said before jumping up as she picked up her phone.

"Shit. I forgot to reschedule one of the things.", Nandini said as she paced around and called them quickly rescheduling it.

"What happened?", Cabir asked her curious.

"I forgot to reschedule one of the items I planned for his birthday today.", Nandini said and Cabir nodded before his eyes widen as he turned to Ishaan.

"Shit. Manik did you cancel all your plans too?", Cabir asked and Ishaan looked at him too.

Nandini frowned a little not getting it as she looked between the two of them.

"Oh don't worry. He spoiled those plans long back himself.", Mukti commented and Manik looked at her surprised.

"You told them?", Manik asked Nandini and she shrugged.

"Told them what?", She asked confused.

"Wait you told her? when? how? didn't we decide it for today?", Cabir asked him getting confused.

Nandini got an idea about it and turned to him.

"You planned something?", Nandini asked with a tease and aww in her voice.

"You told them. Why?", Manik asked her with a pout.

"Well if you can plan with them to tell me then I can tell them when you did.", Nandini said with a shrug.

"Wait I am lost. Love you told them and not me. I thought I was your favourite. How could you?", Ishaan said upset and she frowned.

"Silence everyone.", Navya said and they all looked at her.

"Good now listen. He planned with us to confess to you today originally but he spoiled his own plans and told her before that. She told us because we asked and we talk. It's not like you boys don't. Now shut up and watch the movie.", Navya said and they all nodded.

"She is scary.", Ishaan whispers to Cabir who nodded.

"She looks sexy when she does that.", Cabir said and Ishaan glared at him before walking out as the doorbell rang for the pizza.

"Wait at least tell me what happened after that? Did you say it back?", Ishaan asked Nandini thinking about the previous conversation as they ate pizza.

Mukti and Navya started laughing as Nandini blushed and Manik shakes his head at her.

"Ohh it's the best part, he got rejected. She slapped him.", Navya said and Nandini gave a sheepish smile to Manik who glared at her for telling them this too.

"I am not saying he doesn't deserve it. But why?", Cabir asked and Nandini blushed again.

"I didn't know how to react. I was taken by surprise.", Nandini said and Ishaan nodded.

"Are you still making him wait?", Ishaan asked her and she smiled.

"Ohh she is a devil.", Manik said pushing her a little, and Nandini chuckles.

" You deserve this.", Nandini said and they all laughed spending the rest of the night making memories and having fun.

Manik pulled her closer to him as he hugged her laying down on his bed.

"Nandini.", Manik whispered and she nodded.

"What was the surprise you were talking about yesterday?", Manik asked and Nandini blushed.

"You are making me more curious.", Manik said running a hand down her sides.

"You would have known if you had kept your promise.", Nandini replied kissing down his jawline as she traced his chest.

 "Tell me.", Manik asked coming above her leaving open-mouthed kisses down her neck.

"Lift my top.", Nandini whispered and he looked up at her confused.

She gestured towards her top and he lifted it a little showing her stomach line.

"Up till here.", Nandini said as he slowly traced his hand up her stomach making her gasp in surprise as he stopped till where she suggested still looking into her eye.

She gestures to him to look down and he looked down to see a tattoo on her chest where her bra line stays which was missing right now.

He traced his fingers lightly over the quote before looking up at her.

"If I know what love is, it is because of you."

Written in a cursive order, it was beautiful. Manik leaned down pressing his lips lightly over her tattoo.

"What?", Nandini questioned hearing him murmur something.

"If I ever get a tattoo it will be this one.", Manik said as he repeated it for her, and she smiled.

"You are what I never knew I always wanted"

She found him looking away and made him look at her again.

"What happened?", She asked with a small smile.

"It just made me a little emotional. I think that whole statement pretty much summarizes what getting to know you and being with you, means to me. I can't imagine my life without you now.", Manik said and she smiled wide kissing him softly.

"You can put it in your vow. I want you to at least shed one tear on our wedding day.", Nandini teased him changing the subject and he laughed out loud.

"Okay. I promise.", Manik said before pulling her above him and wrapping his hand around her.

"You want a white wedding?", Manik asked and she nodded.

"We both don't have a proper family with elders and relatives. I don't know if I could go through a proper Hindu traditional wedding without not crying and feeling like I am missing out on many things and blessings. Also, Soniya was from a Christian family, so I got interested in their wedding customs.", Nandini explained and he nodded.

"I don't mind anyway as long as it's me, you are getting married to.", Manik said and she chuckled.

"You will have to accept my proposal first.", Nandini said and he smiled.

"Propose to me first and then we will see. You haven't even confessed to me yet.", Manik reminded her and she smiled.

"I got a tattoo declaring it.", Nandini said and he blushed.

"I want to hear you say it.", Manik said and she nodded in no.

"Fine let's talk about the wedding only. What else have you thought of? Have you thought of the dresses too?", Manik asked and she nodded a little embarrassed.

"Didn't expect any less from you.", Manik teased and she slapped his arm.

"I will personally design all their outfits. Cabir, Navya, and Mukti get a little special touch in their outfit as they will be the best man and my maids of honor. I don't know who all will we include as the bridesmaids and the groomsmen. I will think about it later.", Nandini said and Manik nodded.

"What about your best friend? Are you not going to include him in the Groomsmen or best man?", Manik asked surprised she missed Ishaan's name.

"He will walk me down the aisle and maybe he can be the groomsmen too.", Nandini said and Manik was surprised to hear her say that.

He knew she respected him a lot and was very close to him but he didn't know she felt such a strong connection with him to let him walk her down the aisle.

"Why him?", He asked wanting to hear her reason.

"Because I love him and I want him to.", Nandini said with a shrug and Manik frowned at her.

"You can say you love him but you can't tell me you love me?", Manik asked and she bit her tongue turning her face away.

"That's different. You are being punished.", She gave him a reason and he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Punished? I will tell you what punishment looks like.", Manik said before rolling them and trapping her under him as he started tickling her.

"Okay Okay Sorry.", Nandini said as she tried to catch her breath and Manik smiled cuddling with her.

"Goodnight Darling.", Manik whispered.

"Goodnight", Nandini said back.

"I want a nickname too.", Manik whispered feeling a little sleepy.

"Jagi?", Nandini suggested and Manik snuggled closer.

"It sounds weird. What language is it?", Manik asked curious and she smiled.

"Korean. I have heard it a lot of times in K-drama. It means Honey I think. I always wanted to use it.", Nandini said and he smiled.

"I am always here for all your weird experiments and fantasies.", Manik said and she kissed his chest hugging him tight as they fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864K 38.9K 36
Manik Malhotra is famous industrialist, perfect man, perfect son, perfect husband of swathi. A pure angry arrogant and very particular in office. As...
114K 7.7K 23
Two Souls Craving for True Love.....❤ Two souls Separated Due to Circumstances.... Missing Each Other....... Will their thirst of love ever be satisf...
544K 44.4K 64
"Don't! Don't ever do that to me." "It's my life my choice!" "It's not!" "Why do you think so?" "Because YOU ARE MINE FOREVER AND ALWAYS" "Wow! Am I...
48.8K 5.6K 30
Nandini Murthy is a tough nut to crack, don't be deceived by her sweet and innocent smile because she might be planning on how to use her scalpel and...