His Sweet Addiction (BTS ff J...

By MissCrystalSnow92

Jungkook and his brothers are the high school bad boys. Jungkook has to sit next to new student Madison whose... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue

Chapter 45

1.4K 61 6
By MissCrystalSnow92

The president of the senior class, and the president of the junior class talked in hushed tones at a table in the school cafeteria. "So, Juwon, your mom had something to do with Jungkook's court case, if I remember correctly."

Juwon frowned a bit. This seemed like an odd topic of conversation for Kai. "She is the department head for their caseworker in the Social Services department. It doesn't have to do with their court case. Why do you care?"

Kai's continued low volume alerted Juwon that this was a sensitive conversation which Kai did not want shared with others. "Let's just say I need some leverage. I need a way to get Jungkook in trouble."

Juwon had no doubt that he could help, but he wasn't into being generous to anyone, even if they were considered a friend. "What's in it for me?" Juwon would not admit that he would love to get Jungkook in trouble. If Kai didn't know, Juwon might be able to get more out of this. 

Kai knew Juwon well enough to expect this question, "You want Madison, and I can get her for you."

Juwon's eyes narrowed. He had only ever told this to Jungkook and as far as he knew, Kai and Jungkook did not talk. "Why do you think that I want her?"

"Hell, everyone wants her. I will get her away from Jungkook, then I'll take next week with her. After the Masquerade dance, she is yours. You can have her for as long as you can keep ahold of her."

Juwon smiled. This was too good to be true. He could ruin Jungkook's life and have Maddy, it was like all his dreams in one plan. "I'll let you know what I find out."

---

Maddy's parents and Jin had arranged to have their discussion at Jungkook's soccer game. Maddy had worn Jungkook's jersey all day, but she had now changed into shorts and a t-shirt for her soccer practice later. She would need to leave for practice before the end of Jungkook's match.

Maddy was sitting with Tae, Namjoon, Jin, and Yoongi, cheering on Jungkook. He had already made one goal. 

As the soccer team won more and more games, the number of spectators had been increasing. Today's match had almost all the stands filled with very few seats available. Some girls had started coming to watch Jungkook and their little fan section had been steadily increasing game by game. It was obvious that these girls were there for Jungkook, because they cheered loudly for him and talked about him the whole time. Maddy wasn't jealous though, because whenever Jungkook made a goal he looked right up at her. Also, she was the one who wore his jersey every game day and Jungkook had told her that he loved the smell of her on his jersey when he was in the soccer match. He said it was his good luck charm. Maddy wasn't even sure Jungkook noticed his growing set of groupies because she had never seen him acknowledge them.

Maddy saw her parents approaching the stands and ran down to greet them. Jin saw them also and followed Maddy down. Maddy introduced Jin to her parents and pleasantries were exchanged. Maddy was very interested in hearing what her parents were going to say to Jin. She and Jungkook had been speculating all week about how this conversation would go.

Maddy's mom handed her a container of cookies. "Alright Madison, we are going to talk with Jin for a minute, you can go back up and sit with his brothers." Maddy's mom noticed her daughter's face drop at her suggestion.

"I want to be part of the conversation too, Eomma." Maddy knew she needed to report whatever was said to Jungkook, so they could make a plan of intervention if needed. Jungkook seemed fairly certain he could persuade Jin to do whatever was necessary to make it so Maddy was able to go camping.

Maddy's dad put his hand on his daughter's arm. "Let us talk with Jin for a minute, Madison." 

Maddy's hands came to her hips. "My parents always taught me that telling secrets was rude." Both of her parents had a slight grimace at their daughter's disrespect.

Maddy turned on her heel and pouted as she walked back up to her seat. Jin watched her throw her fit as she stormed off to the stands and wondered if she was more disrespectful than he had realized. He had noticed before that Maddy didn't use honorifics. He had never heard her use the term 'Oppa' or 'Unnie' or any of the others. Her parents seemed a bit embarrassed by Maddy's outburst but they didn't cancel her camping trip immediately. So Jin was realizing Maddy was a bit spoiled.

Maddy stomped up the bleachers and found Jimin sitting in her seat, newly out of detention. After giving the container of cookies to Tae, Maddy took Jin's seat between Namjoon and Yoongi. She crossed her arms over her chest in protests of being excluded from the adult conversation.

After a few minutes of getting back into watching the soccer match, Maddy forgot her anger and her arms dropped and she started chatting with Namjoon and Yoongi as they cheered for the star player they all loved so much. 

When Jin came back up to the stands he found Maddy in his seat. Maddy arched an eyebrow at him, ever the negotiator, "I'll give you back your seat if you tell me what my parents said." 

Jin laughed, "Ask them if you want to know, they are obviously the ones that didn't want you hearing it, not me." 

Maddy frowned at Jin, "So you're really not going to tell me?! Jungkook said you were a nice brother! Don't prove him wrong."

Jin raised an eyebrow at Maddy. First she was disrespectful to her parents and now to him. "You know, I was thinking you were a good influence on my youngest brothers, but you might just be even more trouble than they are."

Maddy's eyebrows rose to her hairline, "What?!"

Namjoon and Yoongi both came to her defense. Namjoon put his arm around Maddy's back, "Jin Hyung, be nice to sweet Maddy. She doesn't deserve your criticism."

Yoongi put his hand on hers, "What did she do to get such harsh words, Hyung?"

Maddy chuckled a little as she gave Jin a teasing glare, "Well, at least most of your family appreciates me." Then she stood up and moved down the row to sit on Tae's lap so that Jin could have his seat back. She needed to leave for her soccer practice in a few minutes anyway.

"Brothers or sisters?" Tae asked.

"Hard one because I don't have either. I guess brothers, although Jin isn't my favorite right now. Camping or hotel?"

"Camping today because I'm really looking forward to this weekend."

When Tae's legs started getting tired of holding her, Maddy was surprised that Jimin offered her his lap without any kind of sexual innuendo. Maddy sat sideways on his lap and put one arm around his back. She had noticed that Jimin's resistance to her friendship was slipping. The thought gave her a big smile. 

Jimin suspected that he knew why she was smiling, "Shut up." Was all he said. Maddy just giggled, they both knew she had said nothing.

---

After eating dinner and showering, Jimin and his younger brothers dropped by to pick up Maddy. They were off to what they all thought was their last illegal activity of the bet. Unless the night was a total bust they all knew that illegal would win because neither Maddy nor Jimin had given the zombies a decent rating.

Jimin was driving and he stopped in front of a nail salon in a neighboring town. "Mani-pedis!" Maddy cheered. 

Jimin just laughed at that and shook his head. "Need I remind you that getting your nails done isn't illegal in Korea, Princess?" 

Maddy lost her smile at that comment, "Oh, I forgot."

Jimin led the way through the front door of the almost abandoned nail salon to a curtain on the back wall. He pushed aside the curtain and ushered Maddy, Jungkook, and Tae into a long hallway extending to the left and the right with a series of doors. Maddy glanced at the two workers to see if they were concerned about them going into the back, but they didn't seem to notice at all.

Jimin knocked on the first door to their right and it was answered immediately by a rough looking man with piercings and tattoos all over his body. The windowless room was too small for them all to fit comfortably, but all four of them piled in and the rough looking guy closed the door behind them. There was a large black leather reclining chair in the middle of the small room.

The tattooed fellow introduced himself, "Hello, I'm Saem. Are we doing piercings or tattoos tonight?"

Maddy understood why this was illegal now. Piercings weren't illegal in Korea, although any piercing other than ears was often frowned upon, especially by older Koreans. Tattoos were illegal unless you went to a licensed medical clinic, where they were very expensive. Even then, you were required to be at least eighteen to get a tattoo, and many required you to be twenty. So Maddy knew she could get a legal piercing or an illegal tattoo.

Jimin and Tae said they would both get another piercing in their ears. Jungkook said he wanted to think about it for a minute. They all looked at Maddy. "I think I want a tattoo. I mean, it is supposed to be illegal, right?" 

Jimin gave a big smile at her decision. He playfully held his hand to his heart as if he was touched. "I've never been more proud, Princess."

Saem showed Maddy and Jungkook to a room next door where there were books of pictures of tattoos and paper and colored pencils for designing. Saem decided to do the older boys' piercings while Jungkook helped Maddy pick out a tattoo.

Maddy explained to Jungkook that she wanted some type of art that included the red cancer ribbon. Jungkook started doodling as Maddy looked through the books for the right one. She didn't find what she was looking for and she gave Jungkook a look of disappointment. But then she saw his doodles and was inspired. 

"I love these!" They talked through the sketches that he had drawn and they came up with a design that they both fell in love with.

Jungkook was excited that Maddy's first tattoo would be one that he drew and they designed together. They talked about where it should be located on her body. It was important to Maddy that it was easily covered and not too big. They decided on the inside of her ankle. Most people didn't see that part of her and it was easily covered with a sock or band aide if necessary.

Tae and Jimin both had their new piercings and they decided to go to the coffee shop next door for a minute while Maddy got her tattoo. The room really was too small to hold them all, anyway.

Saem loved Maddy and Jungkook's tattoo design and he traced it onto transfer paper and rubbed the outline on Maddy's ankle. Once Maddy confirmed that the location was good, he got started with the inking. It wasn't as painful as Maddy had worried about, she tried to stay very still so it turned out well. Jungkook held her hand the whole time. 

In order to help distract Maddy from the pain, she talked with Saem. To Jungkook's surprise Maddy got him to talk about his wife and three little girls. Maddy wanted to know all about their ages and their personalities. Saem had looked so tough when they first met him that Jungkook wondered how many people took the time to find out about his life. Maddy was amazing at making friends. With the conversation the two were having Jungkook would not have been surprised if Saem invited Maddy to a weekend barbecue.

 At one point there were shouts from down the hall and Maddy jumped a bit. Saem immediately lifted the needle to wait for her to settle. When she was still, he started again and explained the commotion. "My American coworker's brother always shows up around this time. He and his friends can be pretty rambunctious."

Apart from a little shading, Maddy's tattoo was a simple design so it didn't take Saem long to complete it. "It's beautiful! Exactly what I wanted!" Maddy gave Saem a big hug and he beamed with her approval. "You do beautiful work, Saem!"

Jimin and Tae came in then and handed Maddy and Jungkook each an iced mocha. They admired Maddy's new tattoo. Jimin was impressed that Maddy had done something meaningful with both the tattoo and the graffiti. He knew she was starting to worm her way into his heart. He found himself barely resisting anymore. They had left the door open and Maddy could hear better the loud discussion happening down the hall.

Jungkook had decided on an eyebrow piercing and while Saem was getting ready for that, Maddy put her drink on the table and stepped closer to the door and furrowed her brows with what she was hearing. The first thing she noticed was that the discussion down the hall was in English.

Maddy first heard a whiny voice. "Dude, those are the guys who ran over Crystal's bicycle! Remember, the ones we totally beat up! We should get revenge while they are here!"

There was a cynical laugh, "Ah, little Roycie, I remember that you stole a pink little girly bike for your grown ass girlfriend and she was so disgusted she left it in the street. Who cares if they drove over it?! Besides, if you beat them up, then you already got payback, no one needs a fight today."

Someone with a deeper voice laughed then, "Do you really believe that Royce and his wimpy ass friends beat them up? Royce, you just want us real men to help you get retribution because they beat the shit out of you and you know it!"

The whiny Royce replied, "We had no weapons last time, this time we are prepared. Let's wait out back. Saem is working on them right now. When he takes them to the back door, we will jump them. It is the perfect chance to make things right."

Deep voice guy made a loud sigh, "Are you sure it is them? If we do this, I don't want it to be mistaken identity."

Maddy started quietly slipping out the door, closing it behind her, with the whiny reply that came, "I remember the blond guy. He was really angry, he did most of the fighting."

Maddy was livid. How dare these American punks plan to jump her friends because of some fight that happened a month ago? She marched right to the room and found three tattooed men sitting around a table in what appeared to be a small kitchen or break room. Two of the men looked quite large, they could be body builders. One, she assumed it was Royce, was a skinny teenager about her age. He had a few tattoos but not nearly as many as the others. The skinny one stood up right away.

Maddy put her hands on her hips, her face giving away her anger. She hadn't spoken yet but as soon as she stepped into the doorway, they all noticed her. Royce pointed at her, "She's the bitch that came in with them!" He frowned, "Who does she think she is looking at us like that? Anyone opposed to us beating up a girl also?" When Maddy's jaw dropped at this comment, Royce added, "Oh shit, I think she speaks English."

"You think?" Maddy glared at Royce who was the only one standing. "How dare you plan to beat up my friends?! It sounds like you had a fair fight a while ago and it is done. It makes no sense to restart this feud now. So I suggest you let us walk out of here and you go back to stealing children's toys for your girlfriend!"

Right from her first word, Maddy's perfect American English annoyed Royce. But her jab about the children's bike seriously pissed him off. He took two big steps towards her and grabbed her by the shoulder and shoved her back into the hallway against the wall. "Listen bitch, this has nothing to do with you, so shut your annoying little trap." 

Maddy's arms came up and shoved Royce's hands off her shoulders. "Don't touch me!" As these words left her mouth Royce pulled a knife and held it at her. He didn't look hugely comfortable holding the knife. Maddy had an inappropriately low amount of fear.

Maddy pointed at Royce and took a step forward. "You. Little. Punk!" Royce took a step backwards down the hallway. "How dare you say this has nothing to do with me when you are plotting not only to beat up my friends, but also deciding to beat me up when I've done nothing!" Maddy took another step forward. Royce didn't really know what to do with a girl that wasn't scared of a knife being pulled on her. He thought for sure she would be a crying mess right now, and he had to think about what to do next. 

Down the hall, the three brothers were admiring Jungkook's new eyebrow piercing when they heard Maddy yell "Don't touch me!" in English. Tae opened the door and all three brothers spilled into the hall to find Maddy yelling at and walking towards a man with a knife. All three brothers stood shocked at a scene, their brains trying to understand. Was this man really holding a knife on Maddy? Surely she was not really yelling at him. Was the man with the knife really walking backwards, seemingly intimidated by Maddy?

Jungkook came to his senses first. "Whoa, everyone just calm down." He quickly moved down the hall and jumped in front of Maddy. 

Maddy darted to the side so she could still glare at Royce. She switched to Korean, "Jungkook, get your brothers out the front door."

Jungkook pushed her back and looked at her like she was crazy, "Maddy, what the hell are you doing? Get out of here!"

Royce took a step forward now that he had some help with the fearless girl. But Maddy saw him headed toward Jungkook with the knife. She jumped around Jungkook and pointed her finger at Royce. She was back to English, "Don't you dare! I promise you, this will not end well, you piece of trash!"

Jungkook shook his head, "Shit! What is wrong with you?!" He grabbed Maddy and threw her over his shoulder, leading his brothers through the nail salon and out the front door.

Maddy screamed at Royce and flailed her arms and pointed her finger at him from Jungkook's shoulder as the boys ran. "Royce, you need to reflect on your choices! You did not make good decisions tonight! You showed real immaturity! No more fighting for you! And for pitty sake will one of the grown ups take the knife from that child before he hurts someone?!"

Jungkook dumped Maddy in the backseat, slamming her door. The brothers quickly jumped in and Jimin drove away so fast that Maddy suspected they had made hasty exits before.

"I can't believe..." Maddy started but Jungkook turned his glare on her and brought his finger up to her face. 

"Don't say a word." Jungkook said in a very angry tone. Maddy could see in his eyes he was livid. That startled her. SHE was the one that should be mad, not HIM! He was the one that potato sacked her when she was just trying to protect him and his brothers.

Jungkook's mouth was set with anger. He had sucked his lips into his mouth and his eyes were full of fire. He was shaking his head slowly back and forth like he just couldn't believe what just happened. Maddy frowned, "Why are you mad at ME?! I was just..." she challenged.

He interrupted her again,  "I said not a word, Maddy. Keep it up and this will not end well." Maddy rolled her eyes at his response. She crossed her arms in front of her chest and looked out the window, shaking her head now.

Both occupants in the back seat were fuming for the entire ride home. They dropped Maddy off. As she got out of the car, Jungkook said, "If I calm down enough to talk tonight I will come over. Otherwise we will talk later." 

Maddy rolled her eyes and sarcastically yelled, "Sounds super!" And she slammed the car door and stomped off to her house. 

Once Maddy was gone, the front seat boys started talking. Tae marveled, "Was she seriously attacking a man with a knife? I feel like I must have been hallucinating."

Jimin nodded, "Yeah, she wasn't even scared. I wish my English was better so I knew what she was yelling at him."

Tae was trying to process what happened, "Do you think she is secretly like a superhero or something and we just haven't figured it out yet?"

Jungkook rested his head against the back seat, his face pointed to the ceiling of the car. His anger left him as he let himself feel all the fear that had been fueling his anger. He vividly remembered weeks ago yelling at her for climbing the ladder to his window and her response had been, "We both know I'm more likely to die of cancer than falling off a ladder."

A tear dripped down his cheek as he said to his brothers, "No, she isn't a superhero. She just doesn't care if she lives or dies. She feels like she cheated death when she was nine. She counts the last eight years as borrowed time. That is why she has a bucket list. She doesn't expect to live to old age." 

Jimin and Tae had no idea what to say. Maddy didn't care about dying? Both boys realized what an impact it would have, if she were to die. She had only been at their school for a month but they were sure everyone would be affected. Both boys were thinking about the time they had spent with her. They had all become so close recently. She was going camping with them this weekend. If she had died tonight, yet again their whole world would be shattered, especially Jungkook's.

Jungkook took big gulping breaths as he felt sobs overtake him. His older brothers were extremely concerned, but they didn't really know what to say to make Jungkook feel better. They understood what he was feeling, none of them could even process the thought of Maddy dying.

When they pulled into the driveway Jungkook got out and slammed the car door closed. He turned on Jimin, "You realize if she had died tonight, it would be YOUR fault!" 

Jimin looked at Jungkook like he was crazy. "Because I took her to get a tattoo? This is my fault?!" 

Jungkook looked at the ground and walked around in a little circle shaking his head before responding, "No Jimin, did you recognize the guy with the knife? Shit! Did you even look at him?" Jimin shook his head and looked at Tae for help. Tae shook his head, he didn't recognize the guy either.

Jungkook kicked the side of the car with the bottom of his foot, "He was one of the guys from our last fight! The birthday rampage you planned! Tae and I didn't want to fight that night. It was all you. YOU almost got her killed tonight. And after we get back at the guy with the knife, I'm not participating in your shit anymore! You don't care about anyone but yourself, you never did!"

If Jungkook had his wits about him he might have acknowledged that Jimin was changing. In recent days, Jimin was less angry and more thoughtful. But Jungkook's fear of Maddy dying and his anger over the fact that he and his brothers had almost caused it, blinded him to any of Jimin's progress, in that moment.

Jimin stormed off to his room but was surprisingly self-reflective. He usually pushed away any feelings of guilt or responsibility, but tonight he embraced those feelings. If he had been the cause of Maddy's death, Jungkook would never forgive him. Hell, he would never forgive himself. Jimin wanted to change for the better, but he wasn't really sure how to go about it. How does someone become a better person?

Jungkook ran downstairs to the gym. He wrapped his hands, put on boxing gloves, and started punching on the heavy bag hanging from the ceiling. He imagined the guy with the knife, he imagined Kai, he imagined brain cancer that had nearly taken her life. He wanted to kill them all along with anyone else who had ever hurt Maddy. He seemed to have a nearly endless supply of energy as he battled all the demons he could conjure. He obviously wasn't as mad at Jimin as he had thought because he didn't imagine punching Jimin. Jungkook was nearly worn out when Tae entered the gym.

Tae gave him a small smile, "Feel better?" Without responding, Jungkook sat down, took off his gloves and started unwrapping his hands. "You know she's okay, right? I know she scared you, but she didn't get hurt tonight."

Jungkook didn't smile. "This time." There was quiet as both boys were lost in thought. "She almost killed herself on a ladder in our backyard. Now she went after a man with a knife. She is reckless, Tae."

Tae smiled at that and Jungkook gave him a questioning look. "Imagine a month ago, us agonizing about someone being reckless. Back then, WE were the reckless ones, no one was more rash than us. We didn't care about anyone else or even ourselves honestly. Now here we are, fretting over an audacious girl that we can't imagine our lives being without. Life has changed a lot in the last month."

Jungkook thought for a moment about Tae's words, then smiled a little. "Yeah, I guess things have changed a bit, huh?"

"Maddy is an amazing girl, Jungkookie. She wants to be good and do things right. She could change for the better, if you helped her. If she saw herself though our eyes, she might value her life more. But I don't think getting mad at her is going to help."

Jungkook's shoulders slumped. He knew Tae was right, "I'll talk to her. I shouldn't have gotten so upset at her. I'll make it right. I'll go now. I hope she isn't still mad."

Tae raised an eyebrow, "Well if she is, you better go in through the front door because you know that she will NOT be quiet about it. And your tree will no longer be a secret."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 164 8
Out of all the Wubbox's you have met. This one has just got to be the most rudest and sarcastic yet! But thrill can change ones view on somebody grea...
168K 5.7K 26
"I was really confused and opened my eyes. There was a man holding a wine glass. He was glaring at me with his eyes that were full of anger." The sto...
53.5K 4.3K 55
《COMPLETED》 "Are you really Nerd?!" I asked, but he just chuckled at me, making me frown. "I am so much more than you'll ever think." He replied in a...
209K 5.5K 65
Bae ara is a high ranking 16 years old (rich) student and at the age of that, she was arrange to marry a young man named Park Jimin which turns out t...