๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’๐‡๐€๐ƒ๐Ž๐–'๐’ ๐ƒ๐€๐”...

By hyuckholic

โ๐™Ž๐™๐™š ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™š ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ง๐™š ๐™ ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™™๐™ค๐™ข, ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ ๐™ž๐™ฉ.โž ๏ฝกหš โœฆ โ”Š Corr... More

Prelude
๐’๐„๐€๐’๐Ž๐ ๐Ž๐๐„
Playlist - pt.1
chapter 00
chapter 01
chapter 02
chapter 03
chapter 04
chapter 05
chapter 06
chapter 07
chapter 09
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
๐’๐„๐€๐’๐Ž๐ ๐“๐–๐Ž
Playlist - pt.2
chapter 00
chapter 01
chapter 02
chapter 03

chapter 08

1.9K 131 42
By hyuckholic

Chapter 08 : Building Strength
≿ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ≾

Two weeks had gone by since Suyin committed to her destiny of becoming a true warrior. For every morning, she had taken extra time to train herself with Master Wonchul–10 hours a day or even more. Her sweat had joined the rain's purpose, and her body ached from her constant motion. She hadn't gotten the chance to use her powers during training like the others. Since they were ahead of her, they were able to practice their magical abilities on their own when she wasn't allowed yet.

The morning sun glittered through every window of the Aureum Palace. As the birds chirped their hearts away, the Eight Warriors, excluding Suyin since she had been practicing, had risen.

Yang Jungwon opened his bedroom doors, welcoming the outdoor sunlight to his face. His sleepy eyes squinted further, nearly blinded by the golden light. He scratched his head while dragging his feet down the outdoor hallways to the shared bathrooms. Arriving at one of the bathrooms, Jungwon stepped beside Jay. Jay was standing beside the door, tapping an impatient foot against the ground.

"Ready for another day of training?" Jay asked casually while turning his head.

Jungwon hummed, staring off into the distance.

"Think we'll finally start using our weapons?"

Jungwon hummed again but in a disagreeing tone.

"I just want to get started on using our weapons. I haven't gotten the chance to use my flail yet," Jay complained, and he turned his head to Jungwon. "At least you've used yours once–at the Sky Arena."

Jungwon nodded slowly, sinking into his memories of the Sky Arena. He remembered the urge that drove him off the edge of his seat, begging him to help. The visions flashed through his mind–his obsidian shielding Huening Kai from the uncontrolled dragon. However, another horrid vision invaded his mind. The moment he stood at the back of the dragon, a gust of wind brushed his skin. He witnessed shadows mustering up into a forbidden storm, swirling into an edged blade. And then a glimpse of her, Huang Suyin.

The bathroom door opened, shattering Jungwon's reverie. Jay walked into the bathroom after Sunghoon finished, but he walked back out almost immediately. "Yah!" Jay yelled, "What the hell? Quit leaving ice on the sink's countertop! You're doing it on purpose!"

Sunghoon spun around on his heels, seizing the irritated boy's glare. "How about you quit fussing over every little thing and get over it?" Sunghoon countered passively, and he went on his way.

Jungwon remained still, hearing Jay muttering something about hating Sunghoon's guts.

≿━━━━༺◎༻━━━━≾

A silent Jungwon sauntered behind the team as they traveled to the outdoor training area. The group talked amongst themselves, leisurely walking for their morning training session. Jungwon secretly remembered the missing member of their group, and his curious mind took off. Where is that Shadow Wielder– he stopped. He scolded himself and shook his mind off of it.

"So one time, there was this huge rumor going around at my castle," Sunoo started, luring everyone's attention, "they said that our castle steward had an affair with the chamberlain when he was married to someone else named Annette."

"Yeah, yeah. Affairs happen all the time," Jay said, sipping from his water bottle.

"No, but here's the thing. His wife knew the entire time," Sunoo added on, "she knew because she was actually in love with the chamberlain. The girls planned it out together so that they could kick the steward out of the picture."

Jay choked on his water, accidentally spitting it out on the back of Sunghoon's head. Sunghoon elicited a big gasp.  "What the fuck, Jay!" Sunghoon raged.

"What!?" Jay coughed, knocking on his chest. Jake, who walked beside him, patted his back.

"Ugh– your disgusting saliva is all over me," Sunghoon growled, gritting his teeth. Sunghoon's shoulders rose up, and his eyebrows tied together in a deep furrow.

"Why don't you freeze it up like you did to the sink?" Jay blurted.

"How about I freeze your–"

"Guys, let's not argue. It's only morning," Heeseung sighed.

"Here, I got this," Jake volunteered, lifting his hand. As his fingers slowly scrunched up, liquid seeped out of Sunghoon's clothes, flowing back into Jay's water bottle. Sunghoon displayed a grateful smile to the blond, thanking him afterward. Jay only rolled his eyes.

The boys continued heading to the training area, but a familiar girl had appeared at the opposite hallway ahead of them. She swiftly turned and entered through the exit. Jungwon noticed how the sun bounced off of her skin, creating a glistening look from her sheen of sweat. And her ravenette hair swayed in its weak ponytail with a fritz of baby hairs sticking out. Had Suyin been training on her own? Jungwon had no clue.

The rest of the team followed outside soon after, meeting with Master Wonchul who had been waiting at the center of the training area. The old man in grey whirled around, catching sight of the younger ones. "Sparring drills," Wonchul commanded, flicking his hand-held fan.

A groan escaped one of the youngest members. "Can't we just start by using our powers today, Master Wonchul?" Niki inquired, raising his hand.

"Physical strength and balance are extremely vital, child. If you want to be the warrior you've been chosen as, learn to be patient. You'll be able to use them when you have individual training time today... Now we're going to do some sparring drills," Wonchul declared, and he turned to Jay, "you and the Cryo. Partner up."

"What– I'm not partnering with this asshole again," Jay scoffed, pointing his thumb at the silver-haired boy.

"I'm not partnering with this dick either." Sunghoon agreed.

"HEY!" Jay exploded, hands scrunching into fists.

"So immature," Sunghoon shot, crossing his arms, "At least I didn't complain about the 'asshole' thing."

Suyin watched as Jay scowled. He darted towards Sunghoon with an accusing finger. "I'll shove fire at you if you don't quit it."

"I swear, you have anger issues–" Sunghoon remained unfazed as Jay grabbed his collar. "You need serious help."

"Guys! Enough with the arguing," Heeseung butted in.

"Jay, I don't understand why you let things get to you so easily sometimes. Especially when it comes to Sunghoon," Sunoo commented while analyzing his nails.

"STAY OUT OF–"

The old man chose silence as his weapon. Wonchul lifted his arms, revealing his power to the younger ones for the first time. He closed his eyes, slowing down time until it had almost frozen. Everyone in the training area had gone silent with the slow-moving time except Wonchul himself. Wonchul sauntered towards the two, piercing his eyes through their guilt before slicing his hands into the air.

The team stumbled back into regular time. Jay and Sunghoon took off to the spots in a rush, quietly bickering amongst themselves. When Suyin didn't expect the worst, the rest were partnered up, and she was left with Jungwon just like on day one. She heard an exasperated exhale from the boy, but when she turned, he already strolled off to their spot.

The two settled into their stances, slitting their eyes at one another. "I held myself back," Jungwon's words rippled through Suyin's memory. Master Wonchul's training had an excellent effect on her–she had improved on how to block and execute new techniques these past two weeks. She knitted her eyebrows, stealing the first move this time. She threw her leg at Jungwon. She missed, but her wrists blocked his incoming fists. As Jungwon dove forward, she wrapped her hands around his shoulders and turned, gaining control. Jungwon almost fell, but he shot his leg up. His fist plunged forward, but the girl traveled under his arm and shoved him to the ground.

Jungwon finally slipped and pounded the concrete. The slightest smile greeted Suyin's lips, satisfied when she noticed the spite in Jungwon's face. In the corner of her eyes, she could tell the others were watching.

"I still held myself back, you know," Jungwon pointed out.

"I did too," Suyin responded, holding her chin up. She shot her arm down to the boy, closing her eyes.

Jungwon observed her offering hand, but he stood up without her assistance. "Again," Jungwon stated, "let's go."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 927 24
HeeJakeHoon / Jaywon (Sunki) Enhypen AU - All members POV ๐Ÿ”ž Jay, Heeseung, and Sunghoon lead a criminal organisation. As part of their plan to ass...
92.2K 3.8K 29
ยฐ๋Š๊ปด์ ธ, ๋‚ด ๋จธ๋ฆฐ daze daze daze ์ค‘๋…์— ๋น ์ ธ replay play play~ It all started with a red drink which an unknown lady give the lonely girl Y/n L/n, who wanted to...
319K 12.7K 66
โ๐˜‘๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ...โž A story about a girl who has a crush on the school's heartthrob ever since...
331K 19.5K 23
A sensual and dreamy mystery book heavily inspired by Enhypen's lore. Follow y/n as she discovers the deep secrets surrounding a couple of students f...