Just Between Us

By ofcshesstraight

"She can cook and be a good host, double score," I sarcastically made an enthusiastic statement and ate dilig... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120

87

2.5K 111 38
By ofcshesstraight

Stefani's pov

Ew, no way in hell I'm wearing a dress. I like my black turtle neck, grey slacks and stilleto heels with my stockings. I'm going to slick my hair back into a low ponytail, a nice gold rope chain and crisp gold watch should do it. Nails are crisp white. Not too flashy, but so subtle, it's sexy.

"Looking good as always fake girlfriend," Veronica steps down in a dark blue party dress.

"Same applies to you," I finished putting on my trench coat.

"Where's Rachel?" I was looking at the time.

"Wait- you can actually read the time? I thought rich people just wear flashy things," Veronica questioned.

"N-not another word. Not tonight," I shook my head at the bullshit I just let my ears listen to.

"I can't find my nipple blockers!" Rachel whined upstairs from her bedroom.

For fuck sakes woman, you're older than me and-

"Oh I found them! They were under my pack of edible thongs!"

"Rachel put your damn dress on!" I sighed and Veronica is just standing there.

"Can someone help me zip my dress again?" Rachel whined.

"Not it," I muttered and Veronica didn't put up a fight about it either.

There was knocking on Rachel's door so I went to open it to find Lana downing her flask.

"It's okay, I have the bottle in my purse," she wiped her lips and I rolled my eyes with a smile knowing how ridiculous tonight is going to be. This is just too much.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to see Carter Cammery perform..

I haven't checked on Lillian yet and by that I meant I silenced my phone from all notifications and just showed up at places unannounced.

"How's the wife?" Lana slightly slurred.

Oh for fuck sakes.

I went into Rachel's cabinets and concocted something for Lana to drink. I handed it to her as she looked defiantly but I insisted.

"Oh god!" She revolted and hurled over the sink.

There you go, drink up.

I handed her a glass of orange juice and she just spat it out, if not, much quicker.

Yep, she's sober now alright...

"Here," I gave her aspirin and two tablets of water as she was still gagging the horrible taste in her mouth.

"That was the most horrible thing I ever consumed, I thought you were good at cooking," she groaned.

"I'm also good at making you sober," I plainly said and she shrugged in agreement.

"Cant have you in the ballroom slurring about me and wife before midnight either," I was staring off into space.

"How is Lillian by the way?" She wiped her lips.

I was about to tell her that I didn't even bother checking on Lillian because I'm not sure how to go about it honestly. She's clearly fed up with kent but I could never openly act out like that.. mainly because I'm a public figure but I understand where she's coming from. I feel like my composure might make things worse because she's going to blame herself for what happened today.

Knocking at Rachel's door continuously annoyed me until Lana opened the door, "speak of the devil woman herself," I felt an itch at the back of my neck.

"Lana you clean up nicely in a red dress," Lillian's voice sent chills.

I softly smiled to myself remembering when her presence used to annoy me, we came a long ways honestly.

"You look almost pure in a white dress. Damn near forgot you slapped the shit out my boss," she chuckled and they exchanged kisses on the side of each other's cheeks.

I finally found the urge to turn around and-

"You look stunning," my eyes wandered her outfit. I regret not turning around sooner...

"Stefani we need to talk," Lillian stepped closer to me and my instinct was wrap my arms around her and hold her.

"That indeed," I agreed and kissed the top of her head. And a scent caught my nose. That smells so good I could just cancel attending the event and take her to a nice dinner instead.

"Is that Dior?" I couldn't help myself but ask.

"You like?" she smiled almost excited as if she's going to open a present.

"Very," I cocked a brow and gave her kisses traveling from her collar bone to her cheeks. I wasted no time on smelling her perfume because i don't know if or when I might get another chance to indulge.

"Stef?" Lillian whispered.

"Hm?" I was reacting my head on her shoulders waiting for Veronica to finish zipping up Rachel's dress- the hell is taking them so long?

"I like the way Chanel smells on you," She bit the bottom of my earlobe. She learned her brands, I chuckled softly.

God you tease.

A door bursted open from up stairs and I see the sight of Rachel and Veronica dressed up- somewhat flawless? Veronica's hair has a few more fly aways than usual. Rachel's-

You've got to be kidding me. It takes a professional eye but both of their mascara is a little runny from a fresh coat and their lipstick is slightly smudged.

They're both sweating and slightly heaving.

"Uhhhhh ah-hummmnm," Lana was looking just as shocked as I was and Lillian was just as speechless.

"I-

"She needed help with her zipper and then-

"I don't even want to know, as long as you two are ready," I shook my head.

"So let's talk the game plan," Lana set aside her bag.

"Right, so kent may or may not propose tonight because Lillian slapped him in the middle of his annual sales meeting," I did the follow up.

"Wait did she really?" Veronica was shocked.

"Lilliannn way to take a standdd! Yes ma'am," Rachel was clapping vigorously and we all just took a moment to stare at her emotionlessly until she read the room.

Lord, I know you don't support the gays, but please, just this once; lend me your strength...

"To follow up with the follow up, after everyone left the meeting today, apparently me slapping kent made him realize that he should move up the wedding date," Lillian spoke and I was just at a loss of words.

I looked a Lana and she nodded reminding what we talked about earlier on the possibilities of tough love being the ultimate push for kent and- I'll be damned, it worked.

"If there's even the slightest failure in our plan, I've already discussed that Rachel will be having a pregnancy scandal to avert the press," I reminded everyone.

"Wait what-

"When did you-

"Where's the bourbon, bloody hell," Lana almost cackled.

"Um, stef... you only mentioned it to me a while back when you showed me your PowerPoint about how we're gonna pull this off... you weren't very clear on the details about it either," Lillian softly spoke up and I gently hitched a breath in revelation.

Oh damn...

"Scratch that, we'll figure something else out," I spoke up trying to calm everyone else down.

"What you think babes, am I mommy material?" Rachel did a twirl in front of our red headed friend.

I can't help but shake my head and Lillian giggles as Lana tries to hide behind an empty flask.

"Take this as a compliment when I say this: Rachel, you look like the vixen that stole Christmas, my love," i blew her and approving kiss and wink.

Her and Veronica looked briefly at me having some sort of look on their faces and they both turned pink.. oh please.

I rolled my eyes catching on that they're just starstruck at the very rare moments I'm playfully flirty.

"Uh- ahem.. um- yeah Lillian.... Heh uhh out here literally living the life; slapping people in public, step mom scandals, both love interests are rich-

"Kent is not a love interest, that much I can assure," Lillian cut Veronica off and we just smiled as I felt the warmth of her fingers intertwine with mine.

It seemed right to smile but I couldn't for whatever reason. I gave a small squeeze to Lillian's hand to let her know that her words very well reached and I'm touched by her reassurance. I received a slightly harder squeeze from indicating she knows I heard her.

With that, a small smile left my lips.

"Okay, now that the plan is on its proper path, I would very much like a drink, ta ta," Lana waved off leaving out the front door with Rachel and Veronica tagging along.

"I know you make yourself communicable with me in serious situations to make sure I understand what goes on in your head, but Stefani, I know your love language..." Lillian cupped the side of my face and I felt my eyes lift as I looked back into her pupils.

"...you're not very talkative unless it's something sarcastic and snarky heh, one of many things I love about you. For better or worse, your stone cold composure makes it difficult to read but everything is clear as day when your actions take place..." I could literally bring myself to tears if I had that soft of a heart- which I do, but that's just out of character for me to cry-

"Today at the meeting, I acted out and slapped kent.. as awful as it is in black and white, it's also crystal clear that the way you articulated your quick speech was in such a way, that it was in the notion that I was in the right and you defended me for my poor actions and self control. You rescued my image and reputation," Lillian's eyes were glistening, why the hell is she crying and I'm trying not to cry over the fact that someone understands me.

"Lil-

"I've never had a love like ours before- despite the scandal," she laughed nervously and I choked a soft giggle as well.

"You don't have to say anything. You never needed you to, Stefani, I trust you. With everything I say, I somehow manage to note the little things you do that indicate you are paying attention in times like these. I've never doubted that, you've always paid attention to things that were in regards to me- to us," Lillian kept running her mouth and I was losing this battle of sentiment; I'm on the verge of tears.

"Lillian, where is this coming from?" I didn't want to listen to this anymore, I couldn't. I'd walk away from everything right now and to hell with the long term scheme of ours.

"I'm not really sure," she blushed as she tried to gently wipe away her tears and I rolled my eyes with a small smile.

Of course she doesn't, she's Lillian. Whenever she feels something, she doesn't bottle it up and save it for a more convenient day. She'll say whatever it is in a matter of minutes from when she comes across it.

I took my thumb and lifted her chin with a careful gaze, "we're running late." I kissed her head and she hummed happily at my touch.

"Ummm Stef?! I'm supposed to walk in the ball with you!" Veronica shouted from the driveway.

Me and Lillian shared a small before heading out...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776 134 11
The sparks are instant. A night, a look and a dozen flirty words. I think I've met my match... Until I learn she's my boss's daughter. This can't ha...
27.7K 759 18
Aldeline King, She is a primordial. Her mother is the primordial, Gaia and her father is the primordial, Erebus. She is more powerful than he could e...
1.6M 58.4K 187
"Olly you scared me," I spoke and she smiled up at me. "It's nice to know you care about me," she adjusted her maroon beanie. my skin burned at her...
13.5K 977 45
Note to newcomer: This is a girl loves girl story Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. ~~~~ I was thinking to steal...