Lucky -Jonathan Toews Fan-fic...

By Luckyrose13

Emma Miller is a huge hockey lover and a current student at NYU. During the Christmas holiday, she picks up h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 3

3.9K 58 1
By Luckyrose13

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

My phone alarm woke me up in a jolt. To me it sounds more like a bomb about to go off. I sat up, and loose pieces of my brown hair dangled in front of my hair. I yawned and sighed, knowing I had to wake up. I promised my self that during December I would learn how to play hockey. Play it good. Because it would be stupid if a professional hockey player's siblings didn't know how to play. I stretched and jumped out of bed, grabbing my black Trackpants and my Nike ski jacket. I put my bedhead hair into a high ponytail. I ran down the stairs quietly, making sure not to wake anyone up. I looked outside the backdoor window, where the clouds had left a thin layer of snow. I turned the door handle to go outside. The snowy Westchester air greeted me and I smiled.

I love waking up to this.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

After skating around the pond a couple of times to warm up, I grabbed my Bauer stick out of the large, wet hockey bag. I tried a few slapshots, then shooting by skating around the back of the net and backhanding it.

I heard someone slam the door. Which scared me, so I looked back and then faceplanted into the snow.

"Oof." The snow was cold, so I quickly sat up and looked back to see who the delightful visitor was.

"Shoot, I didn't mean to scare you like that," Jon said, quickly running toward me to help me up. I grabbed his hand and pulled me up, which made me eye level with him.

"Its fine," I smiled. I took a big step and skated back on the ice and pick my stick up from the ground.

"I just couldn't help seeing who was playing, since I woke up to the 'ding' on the crossbar." He smiled, which made me melt.

"I didn't hit it that much,' I said crossing my arms.

"You did it loud enough, though. But I brought my skates out, because I do miss morning skate at 6:45," Jon said, sitting himself down on the wet ground and tying his skates.

"Okay, I don't mind company. It gets lonely out here sometimes, Y'know?" I shot the puck and it went top shelf.

Jon stood up and picked up his stick, which, I seriously wanted to shoot with. I skated toward the corner of the frozen pond. I sat down on the snow. He shot a couple times, and made every one.

"So damn good," I mumbled. Jon heard me and smiled. He skated toward the end of the pond and sat down next to me, stretching out his legs. The snow was really coming down now; the thin layer had now turned to at least an inch.

"Its so beautiful," I exclaimed, taking in the Winter Wonderland surroundings.

"It is," Jon agreed.

"Is this your first time in Westchester?" I loomed at him, and he nodded.

"Hopefully first of many," He smiled. I hoped so too. "I really like it here so far. Its nice to get away from the city sometimes."

"Totally," I agreed.

"So you go to NYU, Right?" Jon asked, trying to start a conversation. I was happy that he wasn't as awkward as I am.

"Yeah, so I get to go to the 'City a lot. I wanted to live at home instead of a dorm, because, well, they sorta scare me." I said, embarassed. "And because I cannot stand everything so crowded.

Jon laughed. "Scared of dormrooms!" I pushed him.

"It's not funny! I hear crazy stories about them," He rubbed his arm.

"Now I know where Zac gets all defensive from,' He teased. I rolled my eyes.

"Your dang right," I smiled. Jon scooted closer to me. "It's so cold!"

"C'mon Cap'n, suck it up," I teased, nudging him. It was weird-I felt more comfortable to talk to him.

"Hey," Jon said,getting my attention. "Zac and Meg invited me to go to this pizza place, and I don't feel like watching them cuddle with eachother the whole time, so do you want to come?" He asked, his eyes shining.

"Sure, why not," I smiled. Butterflies started in my stomach- although I tried to remain calm.

"We'll leave at 6:30. That good?" He asked.

"Perfect. I'm way to hungry, so I'm gonna get breakfast."

"I'll join you,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 3.9K 66
“I’m in love with you like the moon is in love with the Earth, following it around like a child chasing their hero, controlling the tides of life tha...
28.2K 519 61
Jonathan fell in love with a girl who could never be his. And despite knowing that he still charged his life with her and she shared hers with him. A...
4.7K 98 19
Patrick Kane relives his and Jonathan Toews's relationship as Jonathan fights for his life.
150K 2.4K 70
Sometimes things don't work out the way they were supposed to be. Just ask Alexis Martin, a 24 year old girl who has been left to fight for her life...