The Burdens We Carry

By mindhackglitch

Niklaus stared at his sister in disbelief "Sister what have you done?" She stared at the blood heart in her... More

Prologue
Which monster do you prefer ?
You must return.
No child deserves a monster
A reason to live
You no longer care do you?
Do what you wish
I am cursed..
Its okay to care
That is not the only goal..
Don't leave
She is the most important thing to me..
A misconception..
I truly pity you..
Loyalty, fear? I use both
I pity the foolish bastards
A prophecy..
Oh ye of little faith..
Shut her down will you?
For our daughter
Complete the harvest
Lets hope you dont rise again..
Tell me everything!
As silk ..
The past comes back to bite you I
The past comes back to bite you II
The past comes back to bite you III
Betrayal..
The line between pain..
You'll always be my little wolf
Alliances
Knowing the enemy
Unity
False appearances
You live on my mercy..
Unblinking death
A closer walk with thee
Fear..
The wars to come
To the wars to come II
From the cradle to the grave

His reign will come to an end soon

3.7K 201 7
By mindhackglitch

Hayley rocked on the balls of her feet, she hadn't seen Kara for days, the mood around the home was tense at best, Klaus and Rebekah had barely spoken to each other and she wondered whether she was at fault.

"Has she left?" She asked bridging the silence between the two siblings.

"No.. I believe she has found where Elijah is, unfortunately she's not able to free him." Replied Rebekah.

"Why not?"

Rebekah frowned "Because the person that has my older brother is the very weapon Marcel uses to keep tabs on the witches."

Klaus nodded "Mm my plans on retrieving Elijah has been halted, I have one compelled minion and one minion does not an army make."

Hayley hugged her belly, a bit tighter "Do .. you think Kara will come back?" The question was met with silence. Both Klaus and Rebekah's gaze shot up to the sound of tired crunching stone.

"Who do you suppose that is?" Asked Rebekah walking to hallway only to meet a pale Elijah helped inside by Kara.

"Elijah!" The man smiled lightly and waved a hello to his siblings as he leaned into his younger sister.

Klaus's eyes widened "What happened? How did you manage to get him back?"

Kara shot him a dark look before settling with a sigh "I made a deal"

"Deal ? A deal with Marcel ?" Kara scoffed at the thought of making a deal with fool. She would never, she wanted her home back, she wanted the abattoir back, so that her child could grow up in the only place that truly felt like a home to her.

"No.. why would I make a deal with the man I'm too take everything from?" She asked softly "I simply made a deal with the witch that held our brother hostage."

******
Flashback

Kara stepped through the abandoned church, the windows boarded up, the heavy smell of bleach lingered in the air but she could see the very faint splatters of blood marring the walls.

"The church is closed." Kara's gaze snapped to the father , he stood with a bucket and cloth in his hands.

"What happened here?" She asked ignoring his comment.

"Something tragic, nothing worth repeating. As I said said the church is closed and if you want your horror fix go somewhere else."

Kara stepped up to him, an experimental sniff made her smirk "You know who I am don't you?"

Father Kieran grit his teeth "Yes.. you're Kara Mikaelson. Everyone who's aware of the supernatural knows who you are."

"Then you know there's no way you can stop me then? I don't wish to soil your holy place with more blood if it's not necessary, I'm a monster not mannerless. So if you'd please may I search what I'm looking for?"

Father Kieran glared but couldn't refute "And be a dear, wait till I've left to call your friend Marcel. There's no need to have him interrupt lest he wishes to die" was all she said as she searched through the church, she closed her eyes extending her hearing as far as it could go. Another heart beat met her ears, faster definitely a human, a slower , very slow beat.. gave her the confirmation that her brother was indeed here. When she followed the sounds to the attic she pushed the door open but couldn't cross the doorway.

"Witch I know you're here , let's save us both some time and invite me in"

The young witch stepped out from the corner, she was young, probably sixteen. Kara stared at her for while before her gaze fell to her brother.

"What do you want ?"

The arrogance in the girls tone made Kara sigh "You have something very dear to me you see, my darling older brother. Now I'm simply here to take back what belongs to my family."

Davina laughed "You won't even be able to come in unless I invite you in"

Kara raised a brow "You see, many people know they must invite vampires to their homes or else they'd go through excruciating pain when entering uninvited." She agreed "But you see.. I'm not just any vampire , I'm a hybrid, the very first original hybrid.. and there are things I'm capable of, your mind could barely imagine.. such as .." she put her foot through the doorway, flashing her violet orbs, the cruel smirk on her face seemed vicious with the help of the black veins beneath her eyes.

"And I'm much more than just a normal wolf you see.. but telling you anymore would spoil the surprise wouldn't it?"

"How.. this shouldn't be possible!"

Kara chuckled "Nature is full of surprises, now that I've entered your home. I believe we need to have a conversation little witch, you're the harvest girl that got away aren't you?"

Davina grit her teeth "Don't talk me about that!"

Kara grit her teeth when the aneurysm spell hit, she fucking detested it, she forced herself to remain on her feet but Davina had the upper hand she was carrying the power of three harvest witches before her , her knee bent before she dropped to ground — her eyes bled as she fought through the pain "Stop" she ordered "I prefer to not hurt children but if you continue I'll have no choice!"

Davina hesitated before she let up her spell breathing heavily, using so much raw magic tired her. Unfortunately for her Kara noticed. She wiped away the blood and stared at the girl "Your problem is clear, you have way too much magic in your body, without daily practice of spells it will all build up and kill your from the inside out" 'and eventually you'll die anyway because the magic was never meant to be held by a single person' she added mentally.

Davina stared at her suspiciously "How do you know that?"

Kara rolled her eyes "The woman I despise is the very reason we exist, vampires were created by my mother. For all her faults in motherhood she was a strong witch, one of the strongest I suppose. Esther Mikaelson.. you don't live with her for such a long time without picking up a thing or two."

"What do you want?"

"Didn't I make it clear? I want to take my brother back home. I have no quarrel with you. In fact I'd prefer you not being part of the equation but alas we all have our roles to play. So I'll strike you a deal little witch."

Davina narrowed her eyes "Why would I make a deal with you? What could you possibly have that I want? That Marcel can't give me?"

Kara smirked, she stepped closer to the young girl "More than could ever imagine.. grimoires filled with every spell my mother created, spells your small coven has never even heard of.. spells able to help you in your education on magic." She paused when she noticed she had the girls attention "Marcel would have you rot away and to be his magical beacon.. detecting use of magic, when you could be so much more little witch.. so what do you say would you care to strike a deal with the devil?"

Davina pursed her lips "If I agree .. what guarantee do I have that you'll keep your word?"

Kara stared at the girl for a while before holding out her hand "I rarely do this. But my word is the only thing I can give, As I said I've no interest in you Davina. You're a child, I've never hurt a single child in my life and I will not start now."

Davina stared the outreached hand for a moment longer "I'm going to have to lie to Marcel"

Kara nodded "Chalk it up to teenage rebellion, if he asks tell him I strong armed you, used the threat of fathers Kieran's life against you." She stepped over to the coffin opening it. She stared at the pale veined face of her brother. The silver dagger sticking from his chest — she ripped the dagger from his chest. His eyes opened slowly. She offered a soft smile

"Hello brother.. lovely to see you.."

******

"So you used our mothers grimoires as leverage to get her to agree ? She's even agreed to lie to Marcel?" Asked Klaus.

"Yes, all that magic she's holding will start to manifest in horrible ways without proper practice. I've witnessed one harvest ritual before. An acquaintance of mine said they used it once every hundred years or so to gather magic from the ancestors, to power the entire community. It's a very delicate ritual.. if I had to guess I'd say they never prepared those girls for what's to come.. Marcel came and stole her away, used her naivety as a means to foster trust in him. Of course Marcel is completely useless when it comes to magic. He doesn't know that the longer he prolongs ritual the more dire the consequences will be for that girl."

Klaus perked up with the news "and what if we use her for ourselves?"

Kara shot him an annoyed look she didn't particularly like using a child to gain control but this was all for her own child"The first spell she will be practicing is an unlinking spell. A sanguine knot, one of mothers specialities and one she'll be using to unlink that witch from Hayley and the child."

"Oh..?" Kara's gaze fell to the woman in question, her gaze followed Hayley's and it went straight to Elijah. She ignored the pain and stared at Klaus.

"It's time I've become more active in taking back what belongs to me.." she stood to her feet "be sure to tell your little warrior his days as king are numbered. I've reigned as Queen once before , it's time I take up my throne once more"

••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 2K 14
All it took was a smile for Isabella Brown's life to change forever. "Aiden please", I beg. My wrists were bleeding because of the friction of the t...
12.7K 246 35
Name: Jessika Gounouf Age: I'm old...enough said.... Looks: long brown hair, green eyes, fair skin, 5'2, C-34 bra size, full lips, my outfits change...
245 15 27
"It's going to be ok... I will never..." I closed my eyes and kept saying "Ever hurt...you.." I looked at her eyes and she looked surprised "I would...
633K 13.7K 31
His jaw tensed as he scratched the back of his head. I couldn't help but stare at his muscles. I frowned at myself. Damn my dirty mind. I shook off t...