His reign will come to an end soon

Hayley rocked on the balls of her feet, she hadn't seen Kara for days, the mood around the home was tense at best, Klaus and Rebekah had barely spoken to each other and she wondered whether she was at fault.

"Has she left?" She asked bridging the silence between the two siblings.

"No.. I believe she has found where Elijah is, unfortunately she's not able to free him." Replied Rebekah.

"Why not?"

Rebekah frowned "Because the person that has my older brother is the very weapon Marcel uses to keep tabs on the witches."

Klaus nodded "Mm my plans on retrieving Elijah has been halted, I have one compelled minion and one minion does not an army make."

Hayley hugged her belly, a bit tighter "Do .. you think Kara will come back?" The question was met with silence. Both Klaus and Rebekah's gaze shot up to the sound of tired crunching stone.

"Who do you suppose that is?" Asked Rebekah walking to hallway only to meet a pale Elijah helped inside by Kara.

"Elijah!" The man smiled lightly and waved a hello to his siblings as he leaned into his younger sister.

Klaus's eyes widened "What happened? How did you manage to get him back?"

Kara shot him a dark look before settling with a sigh "I made a deal"

"Deal ? A deal with Marcel ?" Kara scoffed at the thought of making a deal with fool. She would never, she wanted her home back, she wanted the abattoir back, so that her child could grow up in the only place that truly felt like a home to her.

"No.. why would I make a deal with the man I'm too take everything from?" She asked softly "I simply made a deal with the witch that held our brother hostage."

******
Flashback

Kara stepped through the abandoned church, the windows boarded up, the heavy smell of bleach lingered in the air but she could see the very faint splatters of blood marring the walls.

"The church is closed." Kara's gaze snapped to the father , he stood with a bucket and cloth in his hands.

"What happened here?" She asked ignoring his comment.

"Something tragic, nothing worth repeating. As I said said the church is closed and if you want your horror fix go somewhere else."

Kara stepped up to him, an experimental sniff made her smirk "You know who I am don't you?"

Father Kieran grit his teeth "Yes.. you're Kara Mikaelson. Everyone who's aware of the supernatural knows who you are."

"Then you know there's no way you can stop me then? I don't wish to soil your holy place with more blood if it's not necessary, I'm a monster not mannerless. So if you'd please may I search what I'm looking for?"

Father Kieran glared but couldn't refute "And be a dear, wait till I've left to call your friend Marcel. There's no need to have him interrupt lest he wishes to die" was all she said as she searched through the church, she closed her eyes extending her hearing as far as it could go. Another heart beat met her ears, faster definitely a human, a slower , very slow beat.. gave her the confirmation that her brother was indeed here. When she followed the sounds to the attic she pushed the door open but couldn't cross the doorway.

"Witch I know you're here , let's save us both some time and invite me in"

The young witch stepped out from the corner, she was young, probably sixteen. Kara stared at her for while before her gaze fell to her brother.