You no longer care do you?

Kara sat in the bar once more enjoying the taste of her liquor on her pallet. She almost had a fantastic morning and would have it carrying over to a pleasant afternoon until her younger brother strolled through the doors.

She stared at him for a while before nodding her head offering a seat.

He fell into the seat opposite her and looked at the bottle "Celebrating already? I believe there's still the pesky issue of my niece or nephews life being linked to that witch"

Kára sipped her drink quietly "Tell me Niklaus when arrived here what was the first thing you did?"

Klaus hummed in thought "Visited the square of course, enjoyed the lovely music and art on display. The city brought about a wave of undeniable nostalgia."

Kara hummed "Hmm and then you realized the boy you adopted and took as your own not only betrayed you with choosing to sneak with Rebekah behind your paranoid back but he too took the city I built, that you helped me build and turned it into his personal playground.." she paused "must've been jarring"

Klaus pursed his lips "What are you getting at sister?"

Kara's gaze fell to the few patrons stumbling in "Elijah was to meet me this afternoon, he was to tell me how the mother of my child fared." Her gaze hardened when it fell to him once more "Brother I sincerely hope you have not done something you will come to regret"

"I only did what was necessary to take back what belongs to me" before Klaus could blink she was right before him her hand on his slow beating heart.

"Do not play with me brother!" She spat venomously "where is he?"

Klaus coughed as blood started filling his mouth "I gave him to Marcel" the hand released his heart but the anger swirling in that once dull eyes gave Niklaus pause.

"You offered our brother as a peace offering?" She shook her head "you continue to astound me Niklaus, when I truly believe that you could no longer — its a gift truly." Her bloody hand dripped onto the table "The witches' has my child hostage, and you took away the one person who would have done everything to assure their safety."

Klaus wiped his mouth clear of blood "And what of you? Why don't you protect it? It is your child after all.Shouldn't you love it" He snarled

Kara's gaze dulled once more "I have long lost the ability to love Niklaus; I believe you were the very reason for it. Or have you forgotten?"

"How long will you blame me for his death?" The whisper met her ears but she turned her back on him.

"As long as it takes for you to realize that you are the cause of it, just like I am the cause that you witnessed me murder mother.. I've accepted my role dear brother, it's time you accept yours."

•••••••••••••••••••••

Lafayette cemetery , the place irked her beyond belief, she never appreciated it, these ancestral witches always working from graveyards and people believe her morbid. She ignored the need to turn away, she refused being used , but Elijah was no longer there to play go between the witches and herself. And as Klaus so aptly reminded her, her child's life still hung in the balance of the hands of these witches.

"Her body was brought to us but the other parent did not agree to our deal, you had your chance Sophie it's time we show these originals we mean our words."

Sophie's eyes widened "So you want to kill me? What of the child!"

Agnes scoffed "Kara Mikaelson does not care for that child! She's made it very clear."