Unblinking death

St Anne's

"No, you could get yourself killed , especially with your last stunt. Kara will not allow you in the city"

Kara walked through the doors mid conversation and decided to lean against the door panel, unintentionally eavesdropping on the conversation between Camille and Marcel. When she hears Marcel's response she rolls her eyes and decides to make her presence known.

"I expected you to find a friend in Marcel, I never expected you to bed him"she drawled startling the blonde woman

"Kara! Dammit wear a bell"

Deciding to shelve the Marcel subject for now, she moves to the more pressing issue "Why are you trying shock therapy? You realize this could only worsen your uncles already deteriorating condition?"

Camille grit her teeth "There's nothing else I can do! I'm not losing my uncle not to this" she spat angrily.

Kara simply sighed whether in annoyance or something else Camille couldn't decipher. "Give him the choice, you're making these decisions solely based on your grief.." Kara pauses "You once told me, that I would regret killing Rebekah, my sister." She looked at Camille meaningfully "You're right, I would regret it, so instead I punished differently and even then I still regret it." She stepped closer to the crying blonde "When we see our family in pain, it hurts but the only measure of comfort you can give him is a the relief of peaceful death.. you're making him experience the very same things your brother did, the brother that went mad and slaughtered people Camille. Do not make the same mistake with your uncle, do not remember him as a vile monster.. remember him as he was .." she finished quietly.

"If you're not going to stay and help then I suggest you go"

Kara stared at the woman a moment longer this time in sadness, she may have unintentionally allowed this blonde in too and seeing her in pain wasn't something she wished to see and so she removes herself from the equation and speeds away.

Josh appeared around the corner "She's right you know."

Camille clenched her jaw "I don't care, I'm not losing the only family I have left now you can stay or you can leave"

•••••••

The bayou

Hayley sighed uncomfortably "I guess this means no epidural? huh? You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital? The place with the doctors and the drugs?"

Eve shook her head "Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you were born. Stop —" the door opened to reveal Kara who watched the situation before sneering in disgust.

"No daughter of mine will be born in swamp, I care very little for how many wolves and how many generations where birthed here"

Hayley's eyes widened "Kara! I told you to start wearing a damn bell" she muttered calming her heart.

Kara rolled her eyes and placed her hand on the growing belly with a small smile "She has a strong heart beat" she said quietly.

Hayley looked to Eve "Could you?"

Eve nodded and left the small cabin, when the door closed Hayley reached up and pulled Kara into a searing kiss. She smiled against the hybrids lips " Hello"

Kara pecked her again "Hi" she breathed softly "You're not birthing our child in swamp" she said returning to the previous subject.

Hayley rolled her eyes teasingly"It's a tradition you know."