INFINITY

By Lady_Luna_Latteton

Alyona Ivanov-Stark is your typical deranged and two face friend. An Avenger with a life of... Well, a villai... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
059
060
061
062
SPECIAL CHAPTER
063
064
065
066
067
068
069
070
071
072
073
074
075
076
077
078
079
080
081
082
083
084
085
086
087
088
089
SPECIAL CHAPTER [1/2]
090
091
092
093.5
093
094
095
096
097
098
099
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
[SPECIAL CHAPTER 2/2]
112
113
CHARACTER PROFILE
114

037

153 15 0
By Lady_Luna_Latteton

YOO JUNGHYUK'S POINT OF VIEW

My breathing seems to become ragged as I slashed through the monsters coming my way, I wasn't exhausted because they were hard to deal with. I'm exhausted because I'm fighting my sleepiness. "You need to send more," I ordered the red stone as the last monster dropped to my feet.

[THE REALITY STONE CONJURED CHITAURI'S]

As soon as the new alien species arrive I cut down each and one of them. My sleepiness seems to get stronger as I was alleviated by one of the chitauris through the air. The red stone shone brighter and a few more alien beings emerge and attack him. "What are these beings?" I grumbled to the shining stones in hope of clarity.

[THE REALITY STONE SAYS THEY'RE ARE THANOS ALIEN ARMY]

[THE MIND STONE SAYS THE REAL CHITAURI ARE FAR MORE STRONGER THAN THE ILLUSION]

[THE SPACE STONE SAYS THEY'RE THE SUCKIEST ARMY IN THE GALAXY]

[THE REALITY STONE CONJURED THE ALIEN 'EBONY MAW']

[THE MIND STONE IS ENRAGED BY THE BEING!]

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

The light of the stones glows brighter suddenly. It even engulfs the whole place he was at. The 'Ebony Maw' creature zoomed in on him and wave a hand. Huge debris wrapped in his body rendering him unmoving. The debris squeeze him, In an instant, his sleepiness was washed away from his senses as he tried fighting the alien. "Your powers are quaint. Much like a child with a heavy sword." 

Something in Yoo Junghyuk popped and he suddenly unleash his strength destroying the debris around his body. He picked up his swords and slashed around, his eyes ablaze as he saw the place he was distorted into a different view. Every being he cuts down vanished in an instant. Then the same voice of the same being he fought earlier was heard. 

"Hear me and rejoice! You have had the privilege of being saved by the great titan. You may think this is suffering. No... it is salvation. The universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile... for even in death, you have become-" He looked around him and spotted four people facing the 'Ebony Maw' creature. 

The man with the glasses suddenly spoke cutting the latter's speech. "I'm Sorry our earth is close today You better pack it up, and get out of here." He looks at the man and suddenly he was reminded of Alyona in some way. The other men around the speaking man were looking at the floating circular ship above. He suddenly remembered that this man is Alyona's foster father.

"Stone Keeper, does this chattering animal speak for you?" Yoo Junghyuk put his sword down and watch the chaos unfold before him."Certainly not, I speak for myself. And you're trespassing in this city and on this planet." The man in the red cape; Named Strange Stephen. Replied while activating his 'skill'.

"He means to get lost, Squidward!" The place distorted to a new view. The scene here is Alyona fighting the 'Chitauri's' he's fighting earlier on. "Hmm, seems like knives and guns don't work any better. Then I guess you have to deal with this!" A struck of a purple ball of energy hit the aliens. Annihilating everything in place.

The Alyona in this scene is much younger and very immature. The Alyona at this time however is very serious and sometimes playful. A very unpredictable and eccentric person. Junghyuk-ssi please stay aware, The moment I send you to the others alert them about the situation and we'll the dungeon master together.  The voice of Alyona resonated around his head.

The place changed back to its original state, his head was filled with a lot of questions. But none escape his mouth, It seem as though it was zip tight. He soughed an in-depth breath and just waited patiently. 

KIM DOKJA'S POINT OF VIEW

Unfortunately, Yoo Jonghyuk and Alyona weren't on the sixth floor. The only comfort was that the movie on the sixth floor was easy. It was a typical thriller directed by Bryan Singer. I knew the killer so it was possible to clear it quickly.

[The theater owner is satisfied with the changed ending of the movie.]

[You have obtained 500 coins as compensation.]

"He was the killer?" Lee Jihye asked as if she was dumbfounded. "Don't tell me it is a spoiler? There is someone here who hasn't seen it." In any case, an item was rewarded due to the movie's unique characteristics.

[The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' hates spoilers.]

[Skill Book: Calm Observation.]

Calm Observation. It was quite a useful skill. This skill allowed the user to see the movements of the target and figure out their overall stats. It didn't mean much to me since I could use Character List, but it would be quite useful for people like Yoo Sangah and Lee Gilyoung. This skill would be good against enemies and excellent at acting.

[The exclusive skill ' Calm Observation' has been acquired.]

Still, I felt a bit sad. It would be nice to experience a movie like Gladiator. I had yet to obtain a suitable combat passive skill. He might purchase the skill Weapons Training but it wasn't a good idea to spend coins on the skill right now.

"...Now I am tired of movies." I agreed with Jung Heewon's words. I didn't want to look at a movie theatre for a while. I should just be satisfied with the high-performance fee. We went directly up to the seventh floor. Maybe this time we could see  Alyona and Yoo Jonghyuk's back...

Damn. Most of the posters on the seventh floor were torn. Yes, Yoo Jonghyuk and Alyona were now in the boss room. Under these circumstances, there was no time to delay, Alyona's message is urgent and we need to be there ASAP.

"Run. It is almost the last floor." We started to run. We had to catch up with those guys as fast as possible. Before everything goes wrong. We passed through the auditoriums and ran down the aisles. The posters on the 7th floor were of Korean movies popular in the past.

Shit, please let all of them be torn... However, unlike what I hoped, the last poster was still intact. "Damn..." It is a must, Jihye needs it. Dokja-ssi please be with Jihye and guide her. The blue spotlight covered the party and the scene changed. My head spun and a salty smell entered my nose.

[The screening will begin.]

The stage was the sea. But... this time it wasn't a cruise ship. There was the smell of artillery. The rough texture of the Panokseon could be felt. The moment I turned my head on the shaky boat, I heard someone's voice.

"Everybody, down—!" I reflexively fell and there was a bombardment of gunfire around me. Tang tang tang tang― A few soldiers collapsed while bleeding. "Protect the ship―!" The soldiers dressed in old military garb were rushing around. An uneasy wind blew as war took place. The turbulent Myeongnyang Strait was swirling and there was the distant sound of drums.

Dammit. There was no Korean who didn't know about this movie. It was because this movie had been watched by most South Koreans. Alyona, why must give ourselves a hard time? I grumbled in my head. Hoping somehow that Alyona would answer.

Jung Heewon looked at the horizon and muttered. "This... how can we win?" The ending of Theater Dungeon would only open when the master was satisfied. 300 Japanese warships filled the sea. I hurriedly confirmed the power on our side. Still, this was a movie based on historical facts. There was hope.

Kukukukung!

"...What is this?" There was only one Panokseon where there should be 12. "Where is the commander?" I hurriedly grabbed one of the sailors around him and asked. "Comman-...der?" he chokes up blood. "Admiral Yi!"

The navy sailor had no idea at all. My chest became cold. It was different from the movie I knew. The theatre master changed the story. In no time, the enemy narrowed the distance. This was ridiculous. How could we win the Battle of Myeongnyang without help from the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare?

I looked around and hurriedly exclaimed. "Lee Jihye!"

(TL: For those who won't know, this movie is The Admiral: Roaring Currents about Admiral Yi Sun-shin, which broke records when it was released. )

* * *

I thought that this might happen. Truth be told, I brought Lee Jihye not just for her power but to consider the 'what if's.' And I was right, Alyona decided to bloom Jihye's skill. It wasn't difficult to find Lee Jihye. There was only one boat and the place where Duke of Loyalty and Warfare's messages could be heard was limited.

[The constellation 'Maritime War God' is sorry for Lee Jihye.]

"U-Uhhhh..." She was vomiting in a corner of the first-floor deck. "Hey, are you okay? Lee Jihye looked up at me with moist eyes. "I can't, I can't do it!" This wasn't about me. "Never, I will never do it! Oof...!" She vomited once again. I knew. The reason why this person was chosen by the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare. Despite hating the sea.

[The constellation 'Maritime War God' is encouraging 'Lee Jihye'.]

[Due to the effect of your exclusive attribute, the memories from the books you have read will increase.]

In my head, a scene from the 40th chapter of Ways of Destruction passed.

「 "Hey, how did she get chosen by the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare when she is afraid of the sea?"

"I don't know. Um... maybe because she has the admiral in her ancestry?"

"...She is the descendent of the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare? 」

There was considerable criticism from a few readers apart from me who made it to the 40th chapter of Ways of Destruction. No, did it make sense for her to have the blood of the great Duke of Loyalty and Warfare? But I had read all the chapters except for the epilogue of Ways of Destruction so I knew. Lee Jihye wasn't of the bloodline of the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare.

[The constellation 'Maritime War God' misses his old friend when he sees 'Lee Jihye.']

「 "Then are you a Lee from the Deoksu clan?"

"No, I am a Jeonju Lee." 」

(TL Note: As with all Korean family names, the holders of the Lee surname are divided into different lineages, known in Korean as bon-gwan, based on their ancestral seat. Most such clans trace their lineage back to a specific founder and are generally not related to one another. )

[The constellation 'Maritime War God' looks at the descendant of an old friend.]

 (TL Note: Lee can also be romanized as Yi. I chose to make it Lee to match with Lee Jihye, his descendant. )

Lee Jihye was the descendant of Lee Eokgi, the companion of the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare. Duke of Firmness and Compassion, Lee Eokgi. Along with the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare, he led the navy to victory in the Battle of Tanghangpo and the Battle of Hansan-do. He was one of the few who defended the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare, Yi Sun-shin when he was arrested on unfair charges. However, he didn't have enough myths and didn't become a sponsor.

[The constellation 'Maritime War God' is looking at 'Lee Jihye' with sad eyes.]

Due to that, the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare selected Lee Jihye. She wasn't his descendant but the descendant of his closest confidant. Maybe it was simply the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare's choice. Perhaps the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare didn't see it. 

The fact that the descendant of his deceased confidant and friend would be killed by his own hands and become a demon. Well... this was according to the setting of Ways of Survival. Think Dokja! What would Alyona's solution be if she was in this place?

[A bounty scenario has occurred!]

+

[Bounty Scenario – Those who seek death shall live. Those who seek life will die]

Category: Sub

Difficulty: B+

Clear Conditions: The 'Maritime War God' is asking you for help. Encourage Lee Jihye, the incarnation of Duke of Loyalty and Warfare, and win the Battle of Myeongnyang.

Time Limit: 2 hours

Compensation: A stigma from the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare.

Failure: ―

+

I doubted my eyes for a moment. The bounty scenarios were rarely requested by a constellation alone. I looked closely because it was strange and saw that the reward was also extraordinary. The stigma of the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare?

If I cleared this scenario, I would be able to use one of the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare's stigmas without signing a contract. "Lee Jihye, stop it. Quickly." I shook Lee Jihye. "I don't want to! Urgh... The three of you can handle it!"

"Can't you endure it a little bit?" "Endure? Ahjussi doesn't know." I didn't know... Yes, this was her manner of talking. However, there was no time to accept her childish actions. "No, I know. You aren't like this because of seasickness."

"...What?" Lee Jihye shook, like a boxer hit in the jaw. "It is because your dead friend liked this movie." It was like a scene rushing into her head. It was the first scenario at Daepo Girls' High School. She strangled her friend with her bare hands. "T-That... How did you...?"

"Don't ask how I know. There is no time to explain." Lee Jihye looked up at me with blank eyes. "You killed your friend with your own hands only to die like this?" The first-floor deck was pierced with a hook. I grabbed the hook shooting toward Lee Jihye with my bare hands. Lee Jihye shook as she looked at me.

"You can run away here or not. You will never be forgiven. But―" There were loud shouts. I could hear the sound of Japanese raiders jumping on the ship. "If you wake up now, at least you can save some people." I came up onto the second-floor deck with the trembling Lee Jihye.

Lee Gilyoung and Jung Heewon were already surrounded. I raised my weapon. The enemies were ordinary Japanese soldiers. We wouldn't lose in a one-on-one battle. The problem was that there were too many numbers.

"Kuaaak!"

I sliced at the incoming soldiers but couldn't see an end to it. The enemy ships were firing from a distance. We were finished if this ship sunk. The movie would end tragically and we would die here. "Lee Jihye!" I realized the greatness of Yi Sun-shin.

How did he lead this battle to victory? "Wake up now!" This was a cursed scenario. We didn't have Song Yeojung or Jung Eungdoo. (TL Note: Close companions of Yi Sun-shin)

All we had was a weak girl protected by the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare. The girl staggered on the deck of the second floor. "I-I'm disgusting. I...I don't deserve to be alive..." Yes, it was disgusting. I was disgusting along with the way that I was using her.

"No one would be qualified." Tears endlessly poured from Lee Jihye's eyes. "U-Ughhh..." I held Hercules' Shield and stood in front of her. "Survive and take responsibility! Atone for the rest of your life or live a garbage life. Just somehow survive!"

Kwang! Kwang! Kwaang!

The ship was being broken by the indiscriminate shelling. I turned to her with cold eyes. "Or do you really want to die here?" All types of emotions came from the crying Lee Jihye. She was drowning in the dark emotions of resentment, self-contempt, and disillusionment with the world. Nevertheless, there was a straightforward emotion under it.

「 I don't want to die. 」

[Your understanding of the character 'Lee Jihye' has increased.]

The constellations were selfish. Some didn't support their incarnation or didn't care if their incarnation died or not. But. As long as any constellation was in the stage of their 'myth', they wouldn't turn away from their incarnation.

[The constellation 'Maritime War God' has responded to the will of 'Lee Jihye'.]

A brilliant red light burst around Lee Jihye's body. It was good for Yoo Jonghyuk but I got nothing. I had something to gain. The third stigma of Sword Demon Lee Jihye. It was the strongest stigma that would later make her a maritime admiral. "...To God."

[The character 'Lee Jihye' has received a new stigma.]

Lee Jihye held the hilt of her sword and looked at the sea. There were many enemies and no allies. She quietly turned her sword towards the world. "There are still 12 ships left." A radiant beam emerged from the end of her sword.

[The character 'Lee Jihye' has activated the stigma 'Ghost Fleet Lv. 1!]

Water vapor rose in the area. Water sprayed all over the place and 12 ghost ships appeared in the sea. "Get revenge on the enemies." The drumming paused like it was embarrassing. Shells flew towards the ghost fleet. However, the ghost fleet was disembodied and didn't suffer any damage.

"Die in this place." Finally, Lee Jihye's fleet started to move forward. 12 ships moved through the water, creating countless ripples. The white barrels started firing and the ships blocking the path collapsed helplessly. The girl who didn't cry led the battlefield.

Kwa kwa kwa kwa kwa!

 In front of the ghost fleet, the warships were completely overwhelmed. It wasn't just me., Jung Heewon and Lee Gilyoung also gaped at the scene. This was the real power of a 'stigma.' It was the power of the admiral that wasn't pushed by anyone in the maritime war.

In the fading light of the sunset, the screams of the Japanese were heard from among the smoke. The whirlpool of Myeongnyang Strait sucked in the dead bodies. It took less than an hour for the last enemy ship to collapse.

[The theater owner is satisfied with the changed ending of the movie.]

[The fourth 'Ending Credit' has been reached.]

[Performers: Kim Dokja, Jung Heewon, Lee Jihye, Lee Gilyoung.]

[You have obtained 500 coins as compensation.]

[The bounty scenario is cleared.]

[You have received the Maritime War God's reward for the bounty scenario.]

As soon as we received the ending credit, additional messages came up. Frankly, I was filled with expectations. Maybe I would get Ghost Fleet. If I could just get it then I wouldn't be envious of Lee Jihye. I thought I heard wrong when the message popped up.

[The stigma 'Song of the Sword' has been acquired.]

[The constellation 'Maritime War God' thank you.]

The stigma Song of the Sword. This was originally a stigma that Lee Jihye acquired midway through the story. Yet the Duke of Loyalty and Warfare gave me this stigma. In a sense, this skill was something I needed more than Ghost Fleet right now. If I had this stigma, I might be able to prevent the worst from happening on the eighth floor.

The surrounding scenery slowly changed and we returned to the inside of the movie theatre. "Ahjussi." The exhausted Lee Jihye was staring at me. "You rest here. We will go to save Yoo Jonghyuk and Alyona."

"But..." She tried to stand up but  I held her back by pushing her shoulder. "Listen up." I obtained a new stigma but I didn't have time to laugh. No matter how good the stigma, there was no meaning if this 'world' was over. To prevent that 'end', I had to save Yoo Jonghyuk, Perhaps Alyona's message can be conveyed as a failed plan.

I distributed the ampoules I gathered to everyone. When raising the stats level, the coins consumption was increased every 10 levels. Therefore, I would use my coins first before the ampoules.

[4,000 coins have been consumed.]

[The comprehensive enhancement ampoules have been used.]

[Stamina Lv. 18 -> Stamina Lv. 24]

[Strength Lv. 18 -> Strength Lv. 24]

[Agility Lv. 11 -> Agility Lv. 20]

[Magic Power Lv. 10 -> Magic Power Lv. 15]

[All stats have increased significantly!]

We climbed the last stairway. "Everyone, get ready." But before we could enter however Yoo Jungyuk was suddenly in front of us. He was gasping as if he had run a marathon. "That woman... She's far more unpredictable than I thought-" He didn't finish his words as yellow light engulfs him.

"What do you mean?" I look at Yoo Junghyuk's face "We have to go back there in a minute. She challenged the dungeon master in a duel. " I look down the floor, Indeed she is very unpredictable. "I thought the both of you are in danger, That's why we came" He shook his head staring at the dungeon room.

By the way, the door of the boss room is sealed with brown energy. This is all making me very confused. Alyona, what is this? I tried talking to her Inwardly. But I got no response. Then we heard a sound. Something falling and crashing.

Then someone from behind pushed me forward, "Shit! I have to run so fast as soon as I heard Alyona-ssi's voice in my head..." It was Kim Namwoon. The books are held in his grasp tightly. "She said I should join the fight." I nodded at his explanation and wait for a signal.

If I win, you'll challenge me and the rest of my party who came here. But if you win... You can turn me against them. Let's fight how a mastermind would fight. Now show me what you got before you got eaten alive. I staggered back at Alyona's monologue, "No! Are you serious! You can't fight him yet Alyona!" 

Yoo Junghyuk just looks at me disapprovingly, "She's stronger than what you think of her. I saw how strong she is. I need her." I look at Junghyuk with rage. "No! Are you crazy?" My fist trembled but made no move.

"What's happening Dokja?" The confused Jung Heewon asked. "Will Alyona-Noona be alright?" Lee Gilyoung attempted to touch the force, But a Yoo Junghyuk's hands hold him back. "It will suck in your energy. Be careful" I was surprised at his words.

Before I could ask the portal dispersed and Alyona was seen wielding a sword. "Come on in everyone. Let's see what progress you all have made..." Alyona stared at Junghyuk and shake her head. "Let's all fight as a group"

[You have entered the eighth floor, the Heavenly Garden.]

The eighth floor of the theatre was a rooftop. It was a small dome reminiscent of an opera house. As soon as I stepped on the green grass of the rooftop, I found the Simulacrum of the dungeon master. Now the boss room turned into a battle arena. 

"Namwoon fetch Jihye and bring her here." Namwoon nodded and runoff. I look at Alyona with a complicated gaze. "What-?" My question didn't form in words. "I'm sorry I told both of you different plans. Well, that's part of my original plan. I need something to test my abilities, someone with mental attack abilities... Besides-" She didn't finish her words as she shrugged her shoulders disregarding her incomplete statement.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
356K 15.3K 39
ΰͺœβ€βž΄α‘£π­© hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader ΰͺœβ€βž΄α‘£π­© 𝑰𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
135K 2.7K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...