•𝐄𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞•...

Oleh Midnightales_

[FEATURED BOOK] ❝Destiny is not something to play with darling, you need to stay away from me.❞ His hot brea... Lebih Banyak

Copyright - 저작권
Prologue - 프롤로그
1- 일 장
2 - 이 장
3 - 삼 장
4 - 사 장
5 - 오 장
6 - 육 장
7 - 칠 장
8 - 팔 장
9 - 구 장
10 - 십 장
11 - 십일 장
12 - 십이 장
13 - 십삼 장
14 - 십사 장
15 - 십오 장
16 - 십육 장
17 - 십찰 장
18 - 십팔 장
19 - 십구 장
20 - 이십 장
21- 이십일 장
22 - 이십이 장
23 - 이십삼 장
24 - 이십사 장
25 - 이십오 장
26 - 이십육 장
27 - 이십찰 장
28 - 이십팔 장
29 - 이십구 장
30 - 삼십 장
31 - 삼십일 장
32 - 삼십이 장
33 - 삼십삼 장
34 - 삼십사 장
35 - 삼십오 장
36 - 삼십육 장
37 - 삼십찰 장
38 - 삼십팔 장
39 - 삼십구 장
40 - 사십 장
41 -사십일 장
42 - 사십이 장
43 - 사십삼 장
44 - 사십사 장
45 - 사십오 장
46 - 사십육 장
47 - 사십찰 장
48 - 사십팔 장
49 - 사십구 장
50 - 오십 장
51 - 오십일 장
52 - 오심이 장
53 - 오심삼 장
54 - 옵심사 장
55 - 오심오 장
56 - 오심육 장
57 - 오심찰 장
58 - 오심팔 장
59 - 오심구 장
60 - 육십 장
61 - 육일 장
62 - 육이 장
63 - 육삼 장
65 - 육오 장
66 - 육육 장
67 - 육칠 장
68 - 육팔 장

64 - 육사 장

136 19 18
Oleh Midnightales_

(Sixty-fourth chapter)

It was here.

Sowon can't believe it, but the time was finally here. The moment she had been preparing for by giving her best, the day which will decide whether her dreams could have wings to fly or never fly again.

Since her childhood, she had been watching how to partake in it. For three whole years, she had been practising to enter the championship. This was it. All her hard work would either bring well-deserved results or a discouraging outlet.

I can do this.

“Sowon?” A voice interrupted her thoughts, “are you ready?”

Maybe, or not. But that didn't matter. She had not drained her blood, sweat and tears all this time, preparing, just to give up before even trying.

“I am.”

Sowon inhaled a deep breath. A hand rubbed her back and she turned to see her mother offering a strained smile.

“You got this honey.”

“Um, sorry for interrupting but we need to go inside as well,” Haneul added.

Mrs Han tsked. “We have to help Sowon calm down Haneul.”

Haneul pouted and turned to look at Sowon from the passenger seat.

“But auntie! Look at her, she is a professional. Sowon will be okay.”

Sowon chuckled and shook her head at the bickering duo, for a moment, forgetting the reason why they were gathered inside the car.

“Okay let's go in, I am ready.”

“Are you sure? Maybe we canㅡ” Mrs Han started worriedly but Haneul's loud exclaim cuts her off.

“Yay let's go!”

Everyone gets out of the car and immediately, the breeze blows into their face with a distant scent. Another car reaches up to Namjoon's parked car and Mrs Kim walks out. She persisted to come alone from her own car since Namjoon's car was full.

“So, are we ready to go in?” she asks.

“Yeah, we were just making sure Sowon is ready.” Mr Han replies.

Mrs Kim glances at Sowon with a smile.

“I am sure she will do well.”

Mrs Kim then speaks about how there are so many people in the arena, while Mr and Mrs Han converse about something. Haneul seems excited as she stands beside Sowon, practically jumping every two seconds when she sees a handsome guy.

On the other hand, Sowon's eyes are focused, not on the arena but someone. Namjoon stands beside the car rigidly, hands in his pocket and head hung low. It has been forever since he refused to meet her eyes or make an attempt for any conversation except for an awkward greeting and distance. As if they were only strangers and nothing more.

And that thought pained her.

She shook her head.

Today is not the day to be sad or distracted. She had a dream to fulfil, a competition to win. They made their way towards the entrance, registering names and filling out necessary forms. Then a staff calls out for Sowon to come in backstage and wait alongside other participants.

“This is it Sowon, all the best.”

Mr Han encourages with a smile. She nods.

Sowon glances back at her family who had all come to watch her perform and give their support, her heart twisting with gratitude. They all wished her luck, of course, with the exception of her fianceè and Sowon disappeared behind the backstage.

Sowon gazed at other participants who were trying to calm themselves, some rehearsing their steps. Everyone looked nervous but also calm at the same time and she wondered how much had they prepared. Few months? Maybe even years, like her.

“Are all the participants here?”

A shrill voice rang out before a lady rushed inside the small space. They nodded.

“Okay, my name is Kang Heejin and I am the managing director for this competition.”

Everyone greeted the lady and suddenly, loud music starts to blare in front of them where the stage was located. An announcer welcomes the audience and Sowon realises that it was time.

The lady continues.

“So as you all know the rules, there is no audition for this competition since we wanted to intake first come first basis. We accept eligible participants up to 30 slots and then, it is more like a dance battle.”

They laugh, and Kang Heejin smiles.

“There are 3 level performances wherein each level, 10 participants are dropped out. The third level is the finale and a grand winner is chosen. Of course, enough time is given for dance rehearsals and stuff but it is also important to remember the rules and adhere to them. Good luck participants.”

They all applaud and thank the managing director who disappears for another work. Sowon could feel her nerves wrecked up as the announcer speaks on the stage.

“The level 1 challenge starts today where two participants are placed side by side to dance. They will be judged separately but it is important to remember that judges can compare the performance for point reference.”

Sowon already knew the rules and how the whole competition worked. But she hated this first level of challenge very much. The fact that participants could be compared to the other person was okay, but if a mistake is made, then that was surely a red card.

“Let us wait no longer and start the competition! First off we have. . .”

The crowd starts cheering as two girls rush up the stage and start performing. Sowon watches them mesmerise the audience she is left speechless. How were both the girls so good? If they were all this good then how could she compete against them?

All of a sudden, Sowon's stomach turned and she looked away. She cant watch how graciously others perform. Her previous held confidence vanishes into thin air as participants go up and perform when their names are called out.

I can't do this. What if I fail?

While she was hyperventilating, Sowon heard her name being called.

“For the next performance, number twenty is Shin Somi and number twenty-one is Han Sowon. Please welcome them on the stage.”

What great timing. A girl approached Sowon and smiled.

“Sowon right? I am Somi, let's go.”

She nods and numbly follows the girl onto the stage. Bright lights almost blind Sowon but she catches herself from falling. The crowd loudly cheers and Sowon gulps, throat going dry as she sees numerous unknown faces in front of her.

So many people. Literally.

Old memories come rushing back into her head, the time when Sowon had last danced in front of a big crowd when she was little.

“Ladies and gentlemen, standing on my right is contestant twenty and on my left is contestant twenty-one.” The announcer looks at them, “good luck ladies.”

Sowon could notice some familiar faces in the crowd. Her family. A part of her heart raced in familiar exhilarating manner and she took a breath to calm her nerves. People were watching, but so was her family and she could not let them down.

The audience remain silent as the music starts playing, different ones for each participant, but they all had in-earpiece to not get distracted. The soft music Sowon had chosen begins to calm her down as she starts swaying in rhythm.

You got this Sowon. If you don't see the people, you can think they are never watching you.

The start was smooth and now, Sowon had no worries. She closes her eyes and glides around to the music, using her body as a vessel to interpret her feelings, the music and the whole art.

Spin, turn, stop.

Spin, turn, stop.

Spin, turn, stop.

It was as if she no longer had any control over her body but the music. Her hands weaved through the air, legs moving and sliding over the stage while her body spun and turned, morphing along with the music.

The bridge note hits and Sowon knows it's her climax, the hardest part. She spun, and spun, not forgetting to add relaxation to every stop before leaping across the air, landing with a soft and stable spin once more. The music ended and Sowon stood still for a moment, catching her breath.

Then she opened her eyes.

Everyone had their gazes fixed on her with silence, unmoving as though frozen. Even her co-participant, Somi, had finished her dance and was watching Sowon.

Shoot, did I make a mistake?

“Well, that was a fantastic performance by the contestants.” The announcer praised.

But she couldn't think that way. Sowon glanced to see the judges whispering to one another before nodding and scribbling down points. Was she out of the competition already? Just when she was starting to overthink, the audience broke into a huge fit of applause, startling her.

Sowon bowed and quickly left the stage, heart racing as she walked past people and towards the bathroom. She stood and stared at the mirror. Her reflection was a mirage of something she had not seen for long, confident and calm. Then a sob escaped her lips.

She had done it.

After all these years, Sowon overcame her fear and performed in front of people again. But at a greater cost, of failure. Her perfect composure disassembled and she slipped back to being the old Sowon, the one who was clumsy and feared being judged.

But as tears fell down her face, she felt a surge of pride for herself.

A/N: *wipes tears* she finally overcame her fears :)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

447K 12.8K 39
Yn: are you happy with this marriage I asked him because he ignored me....and also didn't talk with me I scared because he just glaring me.but sudden...
39.3K 1.4K 17
"W-What are you doing, Y/N?" Jungkook stammered, an uneasy frown on his face. His gaze drifted to her plump lips, which seemed to utter beautiful but...
446K 15.7K 65
(COMPLETED) ©cherryeon7 2021 NEEDS A LOT OF EDITING! . . Y/N...a girl with her only supporting pillar Cherry enjoying the best day of her life until...
12K 424 24
y/n - we did it in shower...... (he looked at me to continue) if i remember that was your sexual fantasy right tae? taehyung - (i choked a little) ye...