Broken and Abused

By i_dont_hesitate

Pain and sorrow, loss and regret. It's all he knew Smacks, screams and sobs. His father hurt him, and his mot... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter 3
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty three
Chapter 34
Chapter thirty five
Chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter 40
Chapter forty one
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Tagged! OwO
Chapter forty five
Chapter 46
Chapter fourty seven
Chapter fourty eight
Chapter fourty nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fifty seven
Chapter fifty eight
Chapter fifty nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty one
Chapter sixty two
Chapter sixty three
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter sixty six
Chapter sixty seven
Chapter sixty eight
Chapter sixty nine
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter eighty four
Chapter eighty five
Chapter eighty six
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135

Chapter 136

295 7 18
By i_dont_hesitate

A/n: time for my annual update ya'll

Idk the triggers for this, if ya'll have read this tho, you know the triggers by now bro, but this isn't the worst chapter I don't think💀

I think this chapter has some bullying in it. And Andrew being Andrew. So. Yeah.

I have no idea if everyone still hates Roman or not so bare with me

Andrew scoffed at the officer's, who were no doubt going to give him an even more horrible sentence than last time. Great. You kill a couple dozen people or so and abuse your family, and suddenly you're the face of every wanted poster across the state.

He was behind bars, and would be until the date of the court case. He wondered why a case was even needed.

They had sufficient evidence to keep him locked up for life. He thought a trial was overkill. Even he accepted that. The whole thing was just stupid. Maybe it was for the public? Maybe for some it was about closure? He didn't really care, but he needed something to think about while he was locked away.

He sat on the edge of the metal platform that he was supposed to call a bed. They explained to him that he was much too dangerous to let out of his cell, so instead of being allowed the luxuries of other prisoner's, who could walk around outside in the guarded communal area and go to the cafeteria, he was stuck in his cell alone all day. They would bring him his meals and he would have to find a way to keep himself occupied.

Raegan, well, he didn't know what became of her. They wouldn't tell him. The police had made sure to cut off all contact between them, to not risk any mishaps like last time.

He missed her already. Raegan wasn't like all the other women he'd slept with. She wasn't just another body. She was special to him because they were partners in crime—he never had that before. He forgot what it was like to truly care for someone.

He was sure he'd probably get bored of her some day. But for now, they'd barely spent any time apart at all and he already longed for her touch, the faint scent of her perfume wafting through the air as she brushed past him. He thought of her, and his whole body was filled with desire.

He leaned against the wall from his bed and sighed. He would get out of this, just like he had so many times before. And he would get back to her.

___________________________

"BABES THE NEWS!" Remy screamed as soon as the discord call was initiated.

"I KNOW!" Patton exclaimed, bouncing and jittering next to Emile.

"WE HAVE TO ADD VIRGIL!" Remy exclaimed, adding Remus and Janus to the call as well, "OKAY OKAY YA'll!"

"He wanted a minute" Janus said quickly, "I don't think he's ready—"

"REMY!" Virgil exclaimed, his face popping up as he accepted the call, "HOLY SHIT!"

"I KNOW!"

Janus rolled his eyes playfully, "just ate my words."

"Wish I was your words" Remus mumbled.

"What—"

"Okay okay—" Remy said, shaking his hands rapidly after the initial freak out, "Ignoring their gay asses—I'm looking into this immediately! I need to get ALL of the tea! I don't even know if they'll bother with a trial or just let him rot to death in the cell, but they might like—have to do a trial!"

"Yes," Logan began, addressing Virgil, "For you, for your mother—For the victims of all the other families who want closure" Logan said.

"Oh my lord" Virgil said, letting out a puff of air, "all of those bodies they found in the basement, the people he probably killed in those alleyways! I forgot, life has been so insane lately, and—I just—those poor families" he frowned.

"Imagine all the people that are going to testify" Emile said, "you'll probably have to speak."

"Hell no" Virgil said with wide eyes, "I can barely even talk to—talk to my therapist, talk to doctors...or—or anyone who isn't you guys or my mom—how will I do this in front of a whole room full of strangers?! Who will no doubt be adults?!" Virgil exclaimed, "i'm not ready!"

"Well, they still need to gather Evidence" Logan chimed in, "and get more people to testify against him. And lawyers need to be hired and dealed in on the situation. So realistically, this little case could take a bit longer to put together, as it is very complicated. Though Virgil, as you are a victim and survivor, you will most likely be asked to testify."

"I know you can do it Kiddo!" Patton exclaimed, "just focus on your mother! And getting Andrew behind bars for life!"

"It isn't that easy! They'll say speak up and i'll cry, and they'll judge me and then my dad will be there and say shit!" Virgil exclaimed.

"Then I guess you'll just have to man up a little" Patton joked, "also watch your mouth before you have to watch your back also."

"...Was that a threat?" Virgil smirked.

"It wasn't a threat. It was a promise" Patton giggled.

Virgil scoffed, "You're full of it. Fine, i'll watch my mouth. Anyway, I think i'm just going to talk to my mom about the whole thing. She's coming home soon anyways. But did you guys see how my dad literally almost murdered my sibling?! And that poor mother! He killed her baby. I can't imagine how she's feeling right now!"

————————————————————

As suspected, Lucia was met with a phone call. Not even a full day of relaxation before she was bombarded by lawyers, the press, and police officers. They had to begin preparing for a court case, and immediately. So she was hauled out of the hospital, guiltily leaving behind a still very traumatized, very non-responsive Coraline, and letting Alice take her home.

She let Alice know how risky what she did was, and how she wasn't getting angry post-pregnant woman screams yet because of the sleeping baby.

They quickly packed up, thanking Alice's parents for the hospitality, before getting Virgil and getting out. Lucia promised to come back and visit, but they had a court case to win.

The entire car ride Virgil couldn't even care though. He was just so focused on his new sibling.

"She's so tiny" Virgil whispered, smiling gently, "we might need a smaller car seat."

"I'll say" Alice smirked, "her foot is almost as big as my toe."

"Oh, she isn't that small! She just has a lot of growing to do" Lucia chirped, "oh my, what an age gap though. Virgil, this is going to be so funny, she's going to start calling you an old man soon enough."

Virgil ran a hand down his face and groaned, "oh no! I'm going to be more like an uncle than a brother, she'll be fifteen and i'm going to be like—like, thirty!"

"Thirty two" Alice smirked.

Virgil groaned, "mom, why did you do this?"

"I don't know if you recall or not, but I didn't have a say in the matter" she said dryly.

"Um, yes you did?" Alice said, "Your body your choice" she joked.

Lucia rolled her eyes, "we aren't getting into this because the readers will be angry."

"The what?" Virgil asked.

Alice nearly screamed, "Lucia, the wall! Quick, get the rainbow tape!"

"Oh no, I don't think tape is going to hold it back this time—"

————_____________________

The next day, of course Virgil had to go to school. Well—he didn't exactly have to. He was like, 100% sure that he'd get a free pass if he didn't go back for the rest of the year. Still, he wanted to feel normal, for just once and hang out with his friends.

...Said friends, who were all going insane, because it was also Roman's first day back.

The entire day, Virgil simply ignored him, doing everything the same. He passed by him in the hallway and turned up his nose, he ignored him as they washed their hands together in the bathroom, and sat at lunch with all of his friends, with Roman no where in sight. Probably alone. Or getting kicked out of every club and extra curricular he was in.

Nobody wanted Roman on their teams anymore. He had been working hard for years, and now his future was just crumbling around him. Virgil couldn't help but feel a little bit of pity for him.

Roman wasn't Virgil's only problem. It was like overnight he went from social outcast to the talk of the town, and suddenly everybody wanted to be around him. And of course, he heard the gossip and the whispers.

'That's why he wears a hoodie.'

'His dad was abusive'

'His dad is a murderer. What if Virgil turns out the same?'

'I can't believe Roman is still allowed here...why isn't he in jail?"

He drowned it all out with the help of his friends, and took a shaky breath, "So...the case. Um—with Andrew is happening as soon as they can gather enough evidence for him to get a lawyer."

"We're all coming babes" Remy said, "he's so gonna loose. No way he even deserves a lawyer."

"Hell yeah!!" Remus exclaimed, "i'm going to every single one of these. I don't think this is a one and done situation. I personally want to see Andrew's face when he's sentenced to life in solitary confinement!"

"Same!" Remy cheered, "this has just been such a huge roller coaster of..everything..I honestly don't know what to do with myself. Nothing even happened to me and i'm traumatized."

Logan looked at a vocab card, "big mood" he said, "was that the correct usage?"

"Yes" Janus snickered, nudging Patton, "are you the one teaching him all these new words?"

"Yeah! Virgil helps too though" he smiled.

"Remy your mom literally abandoned you and your dad to help my dad murder people, what do you mean nothing happened to you?" Virgil asked.

Remus waved a hand to deflect the attention away, "Oh. I forgot about that. Eh, I wanted the bitch to leave long before she did, so."

Before anyone could respond with some lame ass comment, they heard a loud noise. They turned around to see Roman on the floor, his backpack in a bullies hands.

He was being picked on by the football team, "your ass is off the team!"

Roman opened his mouth in protest but he was overshadowed by the quarterback, "what could you possibly say to make this better?! Even coach wants you gone!"

Another smirked, throwing the backpack back at Roman, who barely caught it,  "Coach has never been more disappointed before. You broke him. You are horrible. You are going to die alone."

"Oh yeah—he is going to die alone...his little boyfriends died, remember?" One of them laughed.

"Look at him, pathetic. He can murder a kid and help kidnap people but when his little boy toys Ram and Kurt die, he just can't handle it!" One of them spat.

"That's disgusting!" Another yelled, punching Roman in the stomach, "you committed all those crimes! You hurt people, tell me i'm wrong! Why were you let off so easily?! You should be locked up right now! You're dangerous!"

One of them grabbed Roman by the collar of his shirt and spat in his face, "what, nothing to say now, tough guy?" He pushed him harshly and he fell back onto the floor.

Remus sighed. He had never seen his brother look so weak and pathetic before. He really didn't want to help him, especially because he was kind of cackling along.

"Remus, if Roman gets into a fight his anger issues will probably end up taking over and he'll kill your mom when she questions him about it, please go help him" Virgil sighed.

"Hell no. He deserves this" Remus scoffed.

"Remus, please? For your mother? This has put her through a lot. And I don't think she can take another phone call" Virgil told him.

Remus groaned, "fineeeeeee but i'm not talking to him." Remus walked over, leaned into the football player and moaned high and loud in his ear as he whispered daddy in his squeaky rat man voice.

"Ugh! You're almost as bad as him!" The boy groaned, backing away.

Remus smirked, grabbing his pepper spray from his pocket, "some would argue i'm worse" he sprayed him in the eyes, and punched him in the gut, "leave my brother the hell alone."

The team ran away and Remus helped Roman up, "thank you" he whispered.

"Save it—" Remus said sharply, breathing in, "it's too painful."

"Too painful?! Do you have any idea what i've been through?!" Roman shouted.

"What you—" Remus's eyes narrowed, but he decided to take a deep breath and ignore every muscle prickling in his body, telling him to punt Roman into the sun, "you made those choices. As much as it sucks, at the end of the day, it was all you. Sure, you could argue that you were just a kid. Andrew forced you to do it."

Roman opened his mouth but Remus put a finger up, "if that's the case, then why did you go back to him? Why did you help kidnap Virgil? Help Andrew years later? You chose to get involved. You wanted to play hero. See how well that ended up for you?" He let out a shaky breath, "Goodbye."

"I—I—Remus!" Roman called as his twin walked away, he held an arm out, before dropping it. He looked around and noticed that basically everyone in the cafeteria was staring at them. It had gone silent.

Last year, he would have kept up the angry, uncaring attitude. Last year, he would have rolled his eyes and walked away. But now, he had nothing to lose and nothing to gain. Nobody liked him anymore, so how was he supposed to care about his image? He dropped his head when he felt tears rush to his eyes and stared at the floor, "i'm sorry."

Remus froze, but he didn't even turn back to look at him, "I'm not the one you hurt" he seethed, gritting his teeth before walking away, back towards his friends, leaving Roman alone.

Everybody continued to stare, and Roman spun on his heel, running out of the cafeteria.

Remus came back and Janus just sighed, "I can't deal with this today, if he tries to apologize or even breathes in my direction during English, i'm going to punch him."

"Take pictures" Virgil smirked, before the corners of his mouth dropped again, "I just can't help but feel bad for him."

Patton sighed, "me too."

————————————————————

Well, the day of the case certainly approached fast. Soon enough, weeks had gone by, and suddenly Lucia was helping Virgil into his purple suit and tie, as well as helping him gel and fix his hair. She had a long talk with him about this. Telling him that testifying would be a good idea for him.

He'd never be ready, but since it was something he had to do, he would. Especially if it would put Andrew behind bars..for good.

The drive there was long and agonizing. They brought little Bethany with them because they did not trust anyone to watch her. It was way too risky.

After they got there, it certainly took a while for the court room to get settled, and they were greeted by many people in the crowd. Some were families of the victims, and some were victims who had survived.

The room was silenced when the judge came out, and everyone hurried off to their seats as the lawyers began to argue their evidence.

Witnesses were called to the stand. They told their story, they got out. Victims and families were called up, boring their eyes into Andrew's skull, not once taking their eyes off of him.

"When it came out that my husband's body was found in his basement, I—I just—" the woman's voice broke, "I was just so angry. I wanted to put the man who did it to him through so much pain. I wanted him to feel the grief that I felt. But now standing here, looking at him" she spat, wiping a tear from her eye, "I can tell that he couldn't care less. He feels nothing, he loves nothing, he doesn't care about anyone or anything. He's just empty. He's just cruel."

And damn, Virgil was close to tears. He never truly thought about all the other people that his father hurt.

"Is it true that you kept the bodies in your basement?" The judge asked.

Andrew gave a small nod, "yep. I mean, there is photo evidence, so no point in lying. I didn't keep all the bodies down there. I mean, they started to smell eventually. I just kept fresh ones down there while I tried to figure out what to do with them. Sometimes I drove a long way from my home to dump them somewhere. Sometimes
I severed there limbs and burned them to ashes bit by bit. It was satisfying, to watch the flames melt the skin away."

The judge tried to keep a level voice as he stared at Andrew, "Alright. I would like to call the next woman to the stands to speak. Lucia Storm, Andrew's wife."

She took a deep breath and headed up, bringing her sleeping child with her. She gave a light smile when Virgil gave her a thumbs up.

The silence was loud after the first question was asked, as Lucia tried to gather her thoughts and bring herself to answer.

"Is it true that Andrew would hit you? If so, could you reaccount some of these events for us?"

She almost laughed. This trial was so obviously just for the public. Were they serious? 'Did he actually hit you?' That was rich.

The court was quiet as they listened to her story. She told times where he'd just never stop. Hit after hit, belt after belt, he would hit her until he was tired, and wouldn't have any regrets.

"On nights where he knew it was really bad, or going to be really bad, he'd send Virgil to his friend's house...and i'd be left there alone, with him."

After each question she provided lengthy stories and details. Some things that Virgil never even knew, making him tear up.

"Tell me about some things, Lucia" the judge said, "did you ever suspect that Andrew was hurting your son? Murdering people?"

She shook her head, "I didn't truly suspect, but I never would have been surprised if it came out that he did. He told me that if I kept quiet, if I did exactly as he said, then he wouldn't hurt Virgil. I always thought he was just...abusive. I never thought he'd go off and kill people. I thought he took all his anger out on me."

"Did you ever try to get help?" He asked.

She laughed a little, "of course. I wanted to get away from him. I always did. I wanted to build a better life, and not just for me, but for Virgil. But Andrew was a smooth talker. He could lie his way out of any situation. I was to keep the home tidy, make everything look normal. I called the police often, but they never believed me. Andrew just told them that I was crazy. And I guess they thought so too."

"I don't think any apology I could possibly give would be enough for Virgil. I know he would forgive me, but—but his life has just been so horrible. If I would have just tried a little harder to get away..." Lucia sighed, shaking her head, "if I would have known that Virgil was getting hurt, I would have left the house to Andrew, packed my things and left."

  They talked a little more about Andrew. Daily behaviors, routines and such. Before Virgil knew it, his mother was coming back and he was called up.

With a shaky breath he walked up to the stand and put his hands up to his face, trying to hide how red he was. Breathe, you idiot.

"Virgil Cloud, do you swear by the bible to tell the truth?" His lawyer asked.

He widened his eyes, shaking slightly, trying to avoid eye contact with his lawyer, though in his efforts he locked eyes with Andrew and froze.

He can't hurt you. He's chained to the table, there are policemen around him. You are safe. Safe safe safe safe.

He nodded.

"Very well-"

The Andrew's lawyer interjected, "objection! We need a verbal response to continue!" He tried desperately, already knowing he was going to loose this case.

"Yes Virgil" his lawyer said gently, "I suppose he is correct."

Virgil jumped and rushed out, "sorry—sorry sorry I should've realized that" he whispered into the microphone, but the mic made a loud noise, and he jumped again, "so—sorry—yes the answer is yes" he chuckled sheepishly, trying not to cry his eyes out. He began to wring his hands together and stare at the floor, hot tears tugging at his eyes.

He glanced up. All of his friends were giving him sympathetic looks. He wanted to die when he heard a few people chuckling. His face bright red as he stared at the judge. He could feel his father's smirk.

"It's very alright" the lawyer, John said gently, with a small smile.

Everyone in the room, especially his friends were cringing with sympathy. They could tell just how much it sucked.

"So, first things first—let's start off simply. How would you describe your father? His behaviors, his attitude..give us the run down, if you will."

Virgil glanced around, his breaths becoming shallow and shaky, "well—" he began, "I don't-don't think I can remember a time where he was ever..enjoyable?" He began carefully, trying to keep his voice from wavering, "the first vague memory I have is when I was really young. Maybe about four...I remember him giving me baths and...squeezing me in certain places, for way longer than necessary. Just long enough to leave a bruise—I remember him gripping my legs and wrists a little too hard so that he could see what would happen, what I would do."

He collected his thoughts for a moment, "he's always been...mean. Scary. Squeezing and pinching, eventually hitting." He shook, taking a deep breath, "Most of the time he would just beat me. He was always unstable. Unpredictable. The only thing I knew for certain that he'd do was hurt me. It was different every day—he was different every day...just, drink after drink after drink, starting at me with a belt in his hand."

He shook the memory away, "He would switch up quickly when mom would get home though...he knew what he did was wrong. He did it anyways. He told me the same thing he told my mother. He told me, that if I kept quiet, if I hid my scars, if I acted normal and didn't tell mom, that she'd be safe."

The Lawyer could hear his voice, a panic attack welling up, so moved on, "and Emily. It says here that you had a sister. Tell us about what he'd do to her..."

And this is how it went on for what seemed like hours.

He accounted how his father would beat him and whip him, force him to shove his fingers down his throat after every meal.

"So, your mother never seemed to be home. Was she neglectful?" He asked.

Virgil's eyes widened, and for the first time, he spoke louder, clearly, forcing his stutter away, "My mother is one of the very few reasons that I am alive, up here right now. If it wasn't for her, I don't know what I would do. She made me feel safe no matter what my father did. She never knew, she cannot be blamed. She had to work, it wasn't her fault that my father had all of these opportunities. That he was a worthless, lazy bum who took advantage of every penny she earned and spent to keep our family together."

The court was dead silent after that revelation.

And then the final question was asked.

"How would you feel if your father was given the death sentence?"

His reply took a second, though he was firm and sure in his response. He hadn't been expecting that. Well, he knew that this whole thing was being filmed so he didn't want to say anything that would make people think that he was a crazy murderer too. So he collected his thoughts for a moment before speaking.

"He is not my father. Not anymore. He's a monster. If it was up to me, i'd say do it" he hissed, looking at Andrew, straight in the eyes, "after all he's put me through, what he's put my mother, my friends—even people I don't even know through, I would say the world would be better off without him."

"Thank you, Virgil" The lawyer said, "you may go take your seat back with your mother now."

————————————————————

"This trial is unfair" Andrew's lawyer tried weakly, "we didn't even have any time to gather evidence!" Andrew was up on the stand at this point, Lucia and Virgil were also in front of one, off to the side to answer questions.

John scoffed, "with all due respect, Steve, we have more than enough evidence to put him behind bars for life. Virgil still has multiple scars, and bruises—so does Lucia. We have witnesses and people from families that he murdered who can testify against him, not to mention his criminal record. And his basement!"

Steve sighed and sat back down to hear the questions.

"So, Andrew. We have some questions for you today. First of all, can you identify these pictures for me?" John asked, clicking a button on a remote. It appeared to the jury.

"First picture. It was taken ten years ago. A picture of you and your wife at the beach with your child. Is this correct?" He asked.

"Yes" Andrew answered, his face cold and unfeeling.

John zoomed in, "There's a rather large bruise on your wife's hip. Do you have any idea how this could have happened?"

"Perhaps she fell down some stairs..I'm not sure. As you said, it was a long time ago" Andrew shrugged nonchalantly.

"Hm. Of course. She may have fallen down some stairs—or perhaps she was pushed?" John questioned.

"Maybe" Andrew shrugged.

"Moving on" John said, going to another picture, "while gathering evidence we took many pictures of your son, and we got a bunch of old ones from either his friends or himself. Now, this is Virgil."

He zoomed in on his arms, "there are a lot of scars here in this general area—do you know how that could have happened?"

Virgil closed his eyes and breathed shakily. He knew that picture..how had they even gotten it?!

Andrew smirked, "Oh, that...well, he did that to himself."

Virgil froze, his breath hitching. His eyes went wide from where he sat. His mother glanced at him and his friends all looked over. Remus and Janus tensed up.

"Hm. Virgil, can you confirm this?" John asked.

Virgil took a shaky breath, "yes" he confessed, "those ones.." he smirked, trying to make an attempt at humor, "well, I did those all by myself. Didn't even need my dad" he chuckled weakly, doing jazz hands, "maybe I made him proud for once in my life."

John simply nodded, feeling bad that he'd basically just outed Virgil as a cutter to the entire court, but moved on quickly, "and what about this picture, Andrew?"

There on the screen was a picture. A mutilated body all cut up, layers of skin cut open, covered with infected scars and horrible bruises, all covered in a thick layer of gushing blood, "this is a picture of a body found in your basement. It was in a body bag, probably on it's way to getting disposed of. Can you tell me what happened?"

Andrew sighed, "Alright, fine. She was a single mother of four. Her husband died during her third pregnancy. Fourth was a rape. She was out one evening and I asked her to come home with me. Showered her in compliments and then..well, I think you can pick up the pieces" he smirked, "it's a little too detailed, what I did to her."

"And how did you know all of this? The information on her life?" John asked.

"Background checks. Her kids are currently separated, because she didn't have a plan in place. Some are adopted by different families and some are in foster homes" he shrugged "Tearing families apart are my favorite past time."

Steve had a look of pure shock on his face, because his client literally just confessed to murder.

"Yes, thank you for the confession" John spoke.

Andrew shrugged, "no amount of lying could get me out of this now. I've accepted what's to come. I'm a humble man."

"You—you!" Virgil stuttered, before giving up, "I just—wow. Bruh." Virgil said.

He heard Janus snort from his seat and he smiled a little.

Andrew scoffed, "You are a rotten excuse for a son. If I wasn't strapped to this table I would show you a real beating. Maybe if you were better, I we wouldn't be here now—if you would have just kept quiet, your friends wouldn't have been dragged into this. Maybe I wouldn't have killed Emily. The only reason I was caught is because you just had to go make friends with that kid. With Roman. I would have gotten away with it all, but no. You were selfish."

  Virgil squinted his eyes at his father. His heart was racing, but he felt powerful, looking at his father, knowing that he could say whatever he wanted and Andrew wouldn't be able to hurt him, "No. Maybe if you were better you wouldn't have killed Emily. That logic doesn't even track, bad son or not, you don't just beat your kids and sexually assault your wife and daughter. If you were a better husband, a better father, this wouldn't have happened."

"You don't know what you're talking about" Andrew barked.

Virgil threw his hands up to his face, "you are insane, you are enjoying every single second of this, you psycho!"

"I would shut my mouth, if I were you" Andrew said darkly, his face twisting into a glare.

And Virgil stopped breathing all at once at that face. The face he was all too familiar with. The face he was given without fail, every time before he was hurt he clamped his mouth shut and bowed his head, "Yes, sir" he mumbled.

Andrew smirked, "Good. Nice to know you're still just as much of a pushover as you were when—"

"That is quite enough!" John cried, "we will come back after a brief recess. Afterwards, an accomplice in the murder of Emily Cloud will speak. If you've been following this case, you may know who Roman is."

Virgil really just wanted to die.

A/n: No idea how court cases work don't judge me, also I know lawyers probably wouldn't ask these goofy aah questions but I just want to say:

Screw you, it's my story 💛🖤💛🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4M 86.3K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
292K 7.3K 104
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
92.3K 4.2K 37
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
548K 2.1K 62
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!