Kings In Love (BoyxBoy)

FrozenEscence tarafından

(Book 3 in the Memento series) Can be read as a stand-alone Kaden didn't know what a happy ending would me... Daha Fazla

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Seven

175 16 4
FrozenEscence tarafından

-Kaden's POV-

Confused.

That's what I was, and that's what I hated being. Could it be...? No.

I shook my head, the last thing I want to do, is to start believing something that could turn out not to be true.

Even I couldn't deny the fact that when Adam's hand fell onto my shoulder, all the anger that was coursing through my veins disappeared so quickly, it was almost like it was never really there.

I didn't say anything to Adrian, shook the conversation off with the excuse that I'd just been overreacting, I was stressed, it was to be expected, he didn't look too convinced but let it drop either way.

He left with Zach not long after, but before I could climb into my own car, Adam's hand caught my elbow.

"Do you guys want to come over to ours over the weekend some time?" He asked.

Right, the weekend, was the week over already? I nodded in my stupor, trying to clear my head that was increasingly getting foggier.

"Sure," I simply said, not trusting myself with full sentences.

"Cool, so can I get your number, and I'll text you the address?" He asked, uncertain, and again I nodded as I pulled out my phone, not really there.

I gave him my number, and with a smirk he wished me a goodnight.

My actions felt robotic as I climbed into my car and drove myself to my house, what was that all about?

Could Adam be...?

Did I even find him attractive? Well...I didn't not find him attractive.

I sighed aloud, forcing my eyes to stay focused on the road. What was that quote Adrian used to say all the time?

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable must be the answer...something like that? Sherlock, I believe.

So, if I can eliminate the fact that it's none of the others, then it would have to be...

The question is how do I do that?

Souls meet through the eyes.

Well, that option isn't available, walking in there with bright, glowing eyes, that could never end well.

It would have to be through touch, since Adam's touch appeared to calm me, we can test that theory some more, and see how I react to everyone else.

*

"Urgh, I'm bored...this is boring...paperwork is boring."

"Thank you for your input, Adrian," I commented, dryly. Nobody liked paperwork, it was tedious, and we would all much rather be doing something else, but it had to be done, there was no way out of it, the more you put it off, the more it just piled up.

"I don't mind it," Cameron stated, not looking up from his own pile of paperwork as he scribbled away.

Adrian huffed, leaning back on his chair so only two legs sat on the floor, he grinned lazily, looking over at Cameron.

"You don't have to pretend you like it, it's okay not to like something, and anyways this is a mutual dislike...nobody likes paperwork," he grimaced.

"Okay...it is a little boring," he admitted and I smiled to myself, scribbling down on my own sheet. "But I feel like it wouldn't be too bad if you were having a lazy day, and didn't have the energy to do much else," he shrugged.

"Lazy days are for cuddling in bed, watching Netflix," Adrian stated confidently. "Is that not what you do with Gabe?" He asked.

Cameron shrugged.

"We don't watch a lot of television, we prefer books." I could imagine that.

What would I do? Would I be a reader or a watcher with my keeper? With what spare time I had, I worked, I never really indulged in pleasures such as books and movies unless I were with my friends, but would it be different if I had my keeper?

"Zach and I don't read a lot, but I can see how that would be nice, better than paperwork anyway," Adrian chuckled.

"I just don't think it's that bad," Cameron shrugged.

"Well, you're more than welcome to help me with paperwork any time," I stressed, hating doing it myself, I would be grateful for any help I could get.

My phone vibrated loudly on my desk, grabbing my attention.

Unknown number: Hey, it's Adam, would you and your friends like to come by our house later today, say around 5ish?

"Who is it?" Adrian asked nosily, looking for anything to distract him from the copious amount of work in front of him.

I quickly saved his number.

"Adam, he wants to know if we want to go to his house around five," I stated, watching for Adrian's and Cameron's reactions.

"Hell yeah, please, get me out of here," Adrian groaned, all too happy for the distraction.

It was already three o'clock in the afternoon, have we really been working for that long? My eyes drifted to Cameron who tapped away on his phone.

"Cameron?" I asked, grabbing his attention.

"We'll come," he smiled and nodded, before going back to his phone.

Cameron and Gabriel were sweet, neither of them was too good around people, so they relied on each other a lot to get them through social events, so they never agreed to anything before checking the other person would want to go too.

Adrian and Zach were pretty much up for anything, and they would go wherever the other person went, although I knew Zach wasn't too big on parties with people he didn't know, he would still go if Adrian wanted to.

To Adam: Sounds good, we'll be there, would you like me to bring anything?

"Okay, then I guess we are done here, thank you both for your help today."

We decided we'd meet before five and travel to Adam's together, which reminded me, I still need to get his address.

"Catch you later!" Adrian raised an arm in a wave before they both left, and I was left alone in a room that gave me a headache.

I shook my head, taking what I needed before making my way into my attached office, checking my phone as I walked.

From Adam: Don't worry about that, just bring yourself ;)

From Adam: Oh, and here's the address.

*

"Spooky," Cameron commented as we parked the car outside of a large building, it was one floor, but it stretched out across the land, dominating the area.

The house was actually very nice, shades of brown and white with multiple doors and windows, beautiful decorations of flowers, plants, and vines covering multiple walls.

The front, back and sides were surrounded by woods, trees scattered everywhere, the only way in and out by car being the dirt road we had just driven down, also cascaded in forestry.

It was very pretty, but it brought back a memory that I didn't want to think about right now, I cast a glance at Gabriel who seemed unfazed as he eyed the house in front of us.

"If we were human, I'd be turning this car around right about now," Adrian smiled, pushing the door open.

"I bet it's extra creepy at night." Zach observed the area, climbing out of the car to join Adrian as the rest of us exited the vehicle.

"I quite like wooded areas," I commented, standing with the group as I gazed out into the trees.

"Let's stick to the house for now, yeah? I don't feel like combing this whole area for any of you," Adrian grinned, but of course if it came to it, he would anyway.

Everyone nodded in agreement as we slowly stepped towards the house, taking our time to take in the surroundings, this was an unfamiliar location for all of us, so it was good to accumulate as much information as we could, as quickly as possible.

It was me who knocked, now paying attention to the wooden door in front of me, there was a carving on the door, something I didn't recognise but it was beautiful, spirals connecting with each other, but I didn't get to take in much more detail before the door was pulled open.

"Hey, come in, glad you could make it," Adam greeted us with a friendly smile, pulling the door open further and standing to the side, so we could all enter.

I found myself taking in his appearance first, my eyes roaming over his form, a simple pair of dark jeans with a black vest top that had Naruto on the front, revealing the muscle usually hidden by his shirts.

His hair was damp, making the colour look even darker than usual, he probably showered before we came.

I didn't even realise how long I had been staring before I snapped out of my daze, noticing how it was now just me and Adam standing in the foyer, staring at each other.

I cleared my throat awkwardly, snapping Adam out of his own daze as he winked, gesturing for me to follow him, and kill me now, I swear to all that is holy, I had to force back my blush.

I never blushed, ever, nothing embarrassed me, so what the hell was that? I felt horrified, I wanted the floor to swallow me whole, but I forced myself to breathe, just grateful that I managed to hold it back, and followed Adam.

He led me into a larger room, with a few couches and a huge flat screen tv hung above a fireplace that wasn't on, but I imagined in the winter, this room would be very cosy.

It looked lived in, which instantly brought a sense of comfort as I joined everyone on the sofas.

"Let the fun begin!" Luke grinned, and it wasn't long before everyone was caught up in conversation as we shared food, and played video games.

"So, what would be like your perfect date?" One of the guys asked, as my hand grabbed Nathan's elbow, catching his attention, before I handed him a drink.

"Thanks, man," he smiled, taking the drink before sitting down next to Luke, everyone rushing to answer the question.

"Anywhere where Zach is."

"I think a library date would be cool."

"Maybe the beach, or stargazing."

"Horror movie night!"

"A walk under the colourful skies."

"What about you, Kaden?" My attention was dragged away by Luke who grinned at me.

"Hmm?" I questioned, not even trying to hide the fact that I wasn't paying attention, as I shook hands with Remy.

"Alright, you win this time," he smiled ever so slightly, and I returned the gesture before turning back to the group.

"What would your perfect date be?" Luke asked, once he had my attention.

My perfect date? I've never been on a date before, and to choose the perfect one would be something I would have to think about, it's just never crossed my mind before.

"Hard to say...I've never really thought about it," I admitted.

"What about something you just like the idea of?" Luke asked with a grin, I could see him and Adrian hitting it off quite well.

"I guess something quiet, maybe a night in with a movie, we could make dinner, orrr I don't know...a midnight walk," I mostly thought aloud, but the perfect date for me would definitely be somewhere we could be alone, where I wouldn't have to put up any facades, and I could just be me.

"That's sweet, me and Zach do that a lot, well minus the midnight walks, we usually end up in bed-" Zach covered Adrian's mouth before he could finish his sentence, but in case anyone didn't click on to what Adrian was going to say, Zach's blushing face gave away the answer for him.

Adrian grinned sheepishly at his keeper as the boys laughed, I was just grateful to have the attention away from me again.

I excused myself to the kitchen to get a drink, it was getting warm in that room with everyone in there, and I was actually tempted to step outside for a second for some fresh air, but before I could act on that thought, Luke approached me.

His arm slung lazily around my shoulder as he grinned, trust Luke to be the one to make it easy for me.

"Having fun?" He asked.

"Yes, thank you. You really have a lovely home," I smiled, politely, letting my eyes roam more around the house.

"Thanks, man! It holds a part of all of us, you know?"

I nodded, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge, needing it to both clench my thirst and cool me down.

"Not harassing Kaden are you, Luke?" Michael asked as he walked in beside Adam, who eyed Luke's arm which still hung lazily around my neck, he quickly withdrew his arm at the glare he received, before turning to grin at his friends.

"I just asked if he was having fun," he smiled innocently.

One person left, well technically two.

"Whatever, arm wrestle me," Michael said to Luke, with the most serious expression I had ever seen him wear.

"Why?" Luke asked but put his elbow on the table anyway.

"Nate thinks you're stronger than me," he grumbled.

"Dude! There's no way you're-wait, yeah I'm definitely stronger," Luke grinned, teasing his friend.

"He's having you on," Adam rolled his eyes, but still their hands connected on the table.

I almost laughed at seeing Michael's serious eyes connecting with Luke's smiling ones.

It didn't take long before Luke's hand was pressed down against the table, and Michael smiled satisfied.

"Now go tell that idiot, I'm stronger than you," Michael huffed.

"Can I try?" I asked, an idea in mind.

"Against me?" Michael asked and I nodded, he looked hesitant.

"I dunno, man..." I hid my confusion, was he that worried about losing? I could beat him, very easily, but I'd let him win, I wasn't here to prove my strength.

"He's just worried about losing," Luke teased, and Michael's shoulders squared as he nodded, placing his arm back on the table.

I moved to stand in front of him, my arm also coming to rest on the table, and I linked my hand with his. Nothing.

As I said, I let him win, but I didn't want him to know I let him win, so I held my arm still for a while, before slowly letting him push my hand down to the table.

He looked at me in confusion, which I didn't understand, I didn't exactly look weak, so I don't know what he was expecting.

"Touché," I smirked, pulling my hand away and taking a sip of my water, at least his ego would thank me.

Which left one last person, he just so happened to be my main suspect but before that, I desperately needed some fresh air.

I excused myself once again, pulling open the sliding doors and stepping outside, as the boys behind me got caught up in a conversation I didn't hear.

It was dark out now and the moon hung high in the sky, half full, but big enough to cast its light down upon me.

The sky was beautiful here, you could see the stars clearly and the sky looked so dark, trees as far as the eye could see in front of me, as I leant back again the house, breathing in deeply and letting myself relax.

I could still hear the faint sound of music and talking inside, mixing with the sounds of the forest around me but it was peaceful, and with that I let my eyes fall shut.

I could see the temptation of living here.

The door beside me slid open and I had to stop myself from sighing aloud, was a moments peace too much to ask?

My eyes fluttered open, smiling in greeting at Adam, who closed the door behind him and came to lean beside me on the wall.

To my surprise he didn't say anything as his eyes moved over the woods in front of us, so I let my eyes fall closed once more, enjoying the silence.

We stood like this for a while, neither of us talking and I was really appreciative of that, he must have sensed I needed this, which was a weird feeling, it was...dare I say...nice.

"Everything okay?" I finally broke the silence, feeling a lot better.

"I was going to ask you that," he smiled, his eyes moving from the trees to me.

"I am okay, it was just getting a bit warm in there," I explained, watching as he slowly nodded his head in understanding.

Now would be a good time to test my theory, but I didn't know how, I couldn't just reach out and touch him, what an impression that would give.

"Still distracted?" He asked, catching me spacing out.

"Apparently so," I smirked.

"That's okay, I'm sure whatever it is, you'll figure it out soon," he said with a reassuring smile, his hand landing on my shoulder with a comforting squeeze.

And calmness washed over me, my chest felt lighter, I could breathe again.

Fuck...

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

8.1M 354K 66
Throughout the whole of Evan's life, he was convinced he was a sinner. Raised by his psychotic brother who was the Alpha of his pack, Evan believes t...
888K 42.3K 39
(BOOK 1) Drew Lyall knew his life would be full of obstacles. It was the fate he shared with all of the Omegas. Even though he knew the unlikelihood...
53.7K 1.6K 35
*currently being rewritten on Ao3* Kid An OCD for symmetry so he is bullied for it. But what happens when the bullies take it one step further? Somet...
18.4K 931 89
•Book 3• Warning: This story is book four in a series. It can be read as a stand alone, but there's some characters you won't understand the referenc...