Tied to a Cervantes

By RedStilettoes

It is not wrong to run. It is not wrong to choose yourself. It is not a sin to rebel against everyone because... More

Tied To a Cervantes
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 22

1.3K 47 6
By RedStilettoes

Abrianna

Because of what Dylan has decided as my punishment, I have been busy as fuck for the past few days. Naging sunod-sunod ang mga meetings na kailangan kong i-attend dahil kailangan ko ngang i-turn over ang mga hawak kong projects sa ibang tao. It even came to the point wherein I have to stay in the conference room the whole day just to finalize everything with the clients.

It felt like a storm has stroke my team. Ang dami naming kailangang ipasa at pirmahan. We were jumping from one department to another just to ask copies and records of the files we need. It was frustrating honestly because I am working my ass off not to gain but to lose. Nakakapagod at nakakakagalit.

That's why every time I meet Dylan during our meeting, I would give him a death glare. He is the reason why I am losing my projects.

I know my situation reached the board but I think Dylan handled it already because they were not saying anything whenever we asked them to sign some documents. It was like they were commanded to just obliged and shut their mouth because we never heard a single word of sermon from them.

They were silenced kaya kahit papaano naging madali ang pag-process ko sa mga papers namin. And I think that is what Dylan wants ― my immediate resignation from my projects. Tsk.

Because of the hectic schedule and loads of work, I often skipped lunch and dinner. Palagi kasi akong nag-oovertime para lamang maihabol ang mga presentations and reports ko for tomorrow's meeting. That's why I always leave the office usually around eight or nine in the evening. It was a good thing Cervantes was really patient around me. He never complained nor questioned 'yong late kong pag-uwi. He would just ask how everything is going on and if there anything I want him to do for me. But of course, I would always say none kasi ayaw ko ngang makialam siya.

Alam ko namang nagtitimpi lamang siya sa nangyayari. Pinipigilan niya lamang na huwag magalit kahit nakikita niya kung gaano ako kapagod kapag umuuwi ako because he knows that if he gets mad, it will only create a fight between us. He doesn't want to worsen the situation I can see it that it is why he is trying his best to understand me.

But there was only one moment that he got mad at me for real. It was when he found out that I didn't have a proper meal for a day.

"You only had coffee this morning and now you're telling me you haven't eaten anything else for this day? What the fuck are you thinking, Abrianna? Are you even aware what time is it already? It's past time for dinner for god's sake! Do you plan to starve yourself to death?"

"I lose track of time, okay? And tone down your voice, will you?"

"What time are you leaving? I'll fetch you. You are abusing yourself, Abrianna."

When he came, I honestly thought he'll bombard me with sermons that's why I prepared myself for an argument but it didn't happen. Instead, he treated me with silence. I thought he was just getting his time but even when we arrived at home, he never spoke a single word to me.

And it was new to me. We are always vocal when things are not going pretty well that is why seeing how he was ignoring me kinda feel different. Mas gugustuhin ko pang pagalitan niya na lamang ako kaysa huwag pansinin.

When he silently went upstairs, leaving me at the door, I felt a slight twitch in my heart.

"You really mad at me?" I softly asked after following him in our room.

He didn't answer. He was just blankly staring at me but I didn't dare look away even though I was feeling nervous. Nang hindi ko na kinaya ang tiim ng tingin niya ay umiwas ako. I heard him heaved a sigh and what he said next surprised me.

"I am sorry." I looked at him. But if what he said surprised me, what he did next surprised me even more.

He walked near me then caged me in an embrace. "I was mad, still I am, but not entirely at you." I couldn't utter a word. "I was more worried of you. So, please take good care of yourself. I know you can't do it for me so I'm gonna ask you to do it for yourself instead." Then, he planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

Since that incident, Cervantes has been consistently sending food deliveries in my office. Magugulat na lamang ako tuwing nasa meeting ako dahil may food delivery daw para sa sakin. And they are all from him. It was like he was making sure that I don't skip my meals anymore.

So, for the first time, I felt guilty with what's happening. I was the one at fault, the one causing him worry, yet he is the one apologizing, doing an effort for me.

Bigla ko tuloy naalala ang sabi ng magaling kong ama. "You tend to close your eyes at things you should not be."

Do I really?

I glanced at Jena, my secretary, when she suddenly came in. She smiled widely and lifted a paper bag. "Delivery, ma'am. For lunch." Napako ang tingin ko doon.

While staring at the paper bag, I realized that I was really closing my eyes at Cervantes' efforts. I became too selfish and never even consider his side. I rejected the idea that maybe he genuinely cared about me that's why he was doing all these things since the beginning. I know I don't easily trust people but I know that this time, my pride got me too much.

Mahirap lang kasing paniwalaan ang lahat ng nagyayari lalo sa nangyari sa amin. We suddenly got married without knowing the real reason, without even knowing each other personally, so how can I trust him when from the start everything's a lie? And how would I know that what he is doing is out of care when I never even know him genuinely? I only heard his mother speak on behalf of him but I never saw or heard his side.

Stupid, Abrianna. How would you even know his side when you refused to hear him from the beginning. You didn't even give him a chance to introduce himself to you.

I mentally sighed. This is bothering me. Marami na nga akong iniisip dumagdag pa itong nangyayari sa amin ni Cervantes.

I just let out a gentle breath then continue reading my report. I have plenty of documents to read and sign today kaya wala akong scheduled meeting ngayon. Pero bukas full sched ako.

"By the way ma'am, Mr. Perez would like to move your meeting with him on Thursday."

I stopped upon hearing what Jena said. "I'm sorry?"

She glanced at me. "He said he has an emergency meeting tomorrow that's why he can't meet with you. Again."

Automatic na napataas ako ng kilay nang marinig ito.

"Call him. I'll be the one to talk to him." This is the second time he'll cancel the meeting because of such alibi. "He is putting so much significant to his self that he thinks he can just control us."

"Right away, ma'am."

If he thinks we will accept it, fool him. We have a deadline to meet and I don't have time to deal with his immaturity. I have too much on my plate right now.

"Mr. Perez is already on the line, ma'am." Jena said after a few minutes.

I quickly signed the document I was reading earlier before taking the line.

"Mr. Perez."

"Well, look who's calling me. Masyado ka atang excited sa meeting natin Abrianna." I rolled my eyes. What a flirt.

"I called to remind you sir of our meeting tomorrow which has been re-scheduled tomorrow since last time you had an emergency." I formally stated.

"I'm afraid we have to re-scheduled it again, Ms. Abrianna. I have an emergency meeting tomorrow. My secretary called your office I'm sure."

"Yes, I heard, Mr. Perez. That's why I called if we can adjust our time tomorrow, 3pm in the afternoon perhaps. I believe our meeting is as well worth your time for discussion."

"Ah, worth my time. Of course, it is, Ms. Galvez. Not a question. But the question is, do I care?" Natahimik ako bigla sa sinabi niya.

"I heard about your situation, Abrianna. Your sudden resignation from all your projects and your dilemma in getting all the documents signed. I wonder what's happening to the high and mighty princess of Mr. Galvez. Is karma biting you bad?" What the heck is he saying. "You need my signature, right? Then work hard for it."

The fuck?

"But there's always the easier way of course, right honey?" Napairap ako sa biglaang pagiging malandi ng boses niya. "Have dinner with me tonight and I'll give you what you want."

"Is that it, Mr. Perez?" Walang gana kong sabi.

"Why? Do you need more?"

Pagak akong napatawa sa sinabi niya. "Is this the reason why you keep on cancelling our lunch meeting? You wanted a dinner meeting with me."

"Just dinner. Scratch the meeting."

"Then I guess you have to work hard for it, Mr. Perez." Then I ended the call.

What a pest. Not because I damn need his signature doesn't mean I am going to stoop low and have dinner with him. The heck. He is making it look like he is so important when in fact he does not even hold such crucial role. Damn him for thinking that his signature will bend me to his terms! God. I really hate wasting my time with this kind of people. Pinapatagal nila ang trabaho ko. Nakakagigil.

My phone suddenly beeped so I glanced at it. Cervantes' name appeared.

eat your lunch already, Abrianna

I rolled my eyes but a small smile made its way on my lips.

'as you command, your honor', I replied

Cervantes:

not funny

'btw don't bother sending something for dinner. i'll come home early' I replied.

Cervantes:

hmm, i'll cook then

I bit my inner check but I failed when a small smile made its way on my face. Napasimangot tuloy ako. "Stupid, Abrianna." You can't control yourself now. Tsk

Might as well finish everything today para maka-uwi ng maaga.

"Jena!"

She quickly peeped inside my office. "Yes, Ms. Abrianna?"

"Cancel my meeting with Mr. Perez tomorrow and inform the team that we'll have our conference meeting tomorrow two hours earlier than scheduled."

She stopped. "Isn't it your meeting with Mr. Perez important, Ms. Abrianna? Why are you cancelling it, if I may ask?"

I grinned. "To scare him a bit. Mr. Perez knew that if he won't sign the new contract then that means the project will no longer pursue. It's a risky move because we might lose it since it's a battle of who will lower their pride. But I am willing to take it. Besides, there's a high probability that they'll be the one to contact us this time."

"What if they won't?"

"They will. Trust me."

"If you say so, Ms. Abrianna. By the way, I already forwarded in your email the final report of the finance department. The hard copy is being printed as we speak, ma'am."

"Did they include the previous expenses we had last month?"

"Yes, they did ma'a―"

"Is Abrianna in?"

I glanced up to checked who it was. Dylan met my eyes before shutting the door, leaving Jena outside.

"What is it this time, Dylan?" I still can't get over with the fact that he is the reason behind my current dilemma.

"We have a problem." Seryoso niyang saad.

I motioned him to sit down. "We always do. What's new about it?"

He sat down "This one's bad."

"How bad it is?"

He didn't answer so I raised him an eyebrow.

He sighed. "Mrs. Taylor called a few minutes ago and told me that the project you left in New York has been copied. The problem is that the company who stole your designs already released their products in the market yesterday."

"I beg your pardon?" My eyebrows furrowed.

"Your project has been copied, Abrianna." Dylan repeated. "Wilson and his team were supposed to launch your products this week. I saw the invitation. But because someone had it first before your team, you know they cannot proceed with the launching. Naunahan kayo, Abrianna."

I glared at him. "Is that the only word you could think of? Naunahan? Really, Dylan?" I unbelievably asked him. "Ninakawan kami ng designs tapos sasabihin mo lang naunahan kami. What the heck!" hindi ko mapigilang mapataas ng boses. "Here I am getting robbed from all of my projects because of a mistake that I admit I contributed but you know that it is not entirely my fault yet here you are saying na naunahan kami sa launching ng project namin sa New York kaya hindi kami makapag-launch. Are you fvcking kidding me?" Just what the heck.

"Fine. My mistake. But you should know that it is not my fault why you are resigning from all your projects here, Abrianna. You said it yourself, you contributed to that mistake. So, don't complain why you are having a train of problems now."

"I am not complaining, you twerp. I just.." I breathed in loud, calming myself. "I'm just thinking what the fuck is happening"

I am dealing with a lot of problems here in the country because of my projects tapos malalaman ko ngayon na may problema na naman sa iniwan kong project sa New York. The worst thing is that simula pa lang ay may problema na pala. Damn. What the heck happened in there? And how come we weren't able to detect anything suspicious? Argh. If I'll find out that whoever that is, I'm gonna smack his/her head hard than he/she ever imagined. Fvcking thief.

Dumagdag po itong personal issue ko kay Cervantes. Damn.

I rubbed my temple when I felt it throbbing. Why is everything going bad? I felt Dylan stood up. It took him a moment before he came back with a cup of ginger tea. Linapag niya ito sa harap ko. "Thank you." Tumango lamang si Dylan bilang sagot while I had my first sip.

"Did the company start to investigate already?" I asked after a few seconds.

"Not yet."

"Why? What's delaying them?" Dylan just stared at me so I cannot help but get worried.

"Dylan, why is the company not doing anything yet?"

A knock interrupted us. Agad namang tumayo muli si Dylan kaya sinundan ko ang galaw niya. He opened the door and Jena handed him a folder. Tahimik siyang bumalik bago ilapag sa harap ko ang folder. Without any question, I reached for it. It contained a letter which I quickly read.

"This was sent to me by Mrs. Taylor a while back. She said they received a letter from the legal department of that company that released a similar design from yours." I heard him sighed. "They wanted you to go back to New York to settle the issue. Otherwise, a case will be filed."

"This is pure bullshit" I pushed the folder towards him after scanning it. "Is that only what they sent? Because the name of that company who stole our design was not even mentioned there. Just what the fvck is this, Dylan? I'm sorry but I am but buying this shit. It looks legal given the seal and the signatories but I am doubting the reliability of your source." I blankly faced him and this time he wasn't looking at me straight in the eye.

"Are you shitting me, Dylan?"

Dumako ang tingin niya sa letter kaya sinundan ko iyon. I don't know what he was thinking but it was only at that moment where I realized that the name used was not my maiden name. It was my married name. Abrianna Galvez Cervantes. Damn. Ano na naman ito?

"I'm talking to you, Mr. Hontiveros."

He glanced at me. "I'm dead serious, Abrianna."

"Then explain to me why your company isn't doing anything and why is that robber's company wasn't mention in the letter!" I glared at him.

He heavily sighed then rubbed his forehead. "I honestly have no idea, okay? Mrs. Taylor just called me earlier and informed me about this matter. Then she sent me the letter afterwards." He looks worried and anxious to be honest.

"You're keeping something, Dylan. I can see through you." He isn't the type to be bothered with just a call and a letter. Something is pressuring him and I have no clue what that is. I am not even sure if what Mrs. Taylor told him was true or it was just another petty game but this time from the old people. Because to tell you honestly, I saw Dylan's father as one of the signatories of the letter.

And it seemed like 'yon ang tinitignan ni Dylan kanina.

"You better figure out what is going on, Mr. Hontiveros."

Because this smells trouble.

WHEN I WENT home around 6pm, I was expecting to see Cervantes in the kitchen cooking but I found no one. Nagtaka tuloy ako. I left my bag in the kitchen and went to the living room while trying to call him but he wasn't answering. I tried again but it kept on ringing only. I went upstairs to check if he's taking a shower but he's not there.

"I thought he'll cook. Why isn't he home yet?"

Tahimik akong bumaba ng living area while texting him of his whereabouts. There was no reply so I sat on the couch and decided to just watch while waiting for him. But I'm already half way from finishing the movie yet there wasn't any sign from him still. There were also no calls nor texts from him. I even checked my phone if it was working really fine pero sadyang wala talagang text mula sa kanya.

I dialed his number again for the fourth time but it's still the same. No one's answering. Bumuntong hininga na lamang ako bago patayin ang TV at umakyat sa taas.

I quickly took a shower and went to the kitchen to cook dinner. I tried contacting Cervantes again hoping he'll answer but this time his number is out of coverage now. Saglit akong napatingin sa phone ko. What's wrong with him?

Receiving no answer, I decided to just make myself a steak. But just as I was about to start cooking, my phone rang. I thought it was Cervantes so I quickly answered but it turns out it was Chris who was video calling me.

He was crying and apologizing. I tried comforting him but he won't stop. I don't want to assume but hearing his continues sobs and apologies only confirms that what Dylan told me earlier was somehow true.

"I messed up Brie, I'm so so-sorry." He finally said. I was about to ask him what is really happening but he was quick to end the call.

Napabuntong hininga tuloy ako.

"Why is everything piling up?"

•••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 8.7K 21
A 21- years old average, innocent, beautiful, shy girl who works at a men wear shop. The son of the CEO and known as the mean, ruthless, arrogant bi...
198K 5K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
18.9K 1.7K 64
"Y...You bastard! If you think I'll marry you because of some stupid debt you have with my dad then you are out of your mind. I'll never marry you!" ...
45K 2.3K 29
╰┈➤✮ 𝐴𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑣 × 𝑇𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑘𝑎 ❝𝑯𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒌𝒂❞ *:・゚✧...