Don't run from me (Book 3)

By Demona44

I leaned back against the wall "It's been so long hasn't it?" "Yes, it has... I think the last time I saw you... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: I'll be damned
Chapter 2: He's a keeper
Chapter 3: It's not me, it's you
Chapter 4:Stop running from me
Chapter 5: Keep running
Chapter 6: Maybe
Chapter 7: it's just coffee
Chapter 8: It's intoxicating!
Chapter 9: lay with me
Chapter 10: Nothing happened
Chapter 11: bittersweet
Chapter 12: The right choice
Chapter 13: Kat, wait
Chapter 14: Beyond amazing
Chapitre 15: very beautiful
Chapter 16: Friend-zoned
Chapter 17: Unity
Chapter 18: Loverboy is here!
Chapter 19: Gotcha
Chapter 20: You are impossible!
Chapter 21: terrifying
Chapter 22: Shoot for the moon
Chapter 23: You're a genius
Chapter 24: You are so beautiful Kitty
Chapter 25: Enough is enough
Chapitre 27: I want you
Chapter 28: Never let go
chapter 29: Come back to me
Chapter 30: Who are you?
Chapter 31: Baby I never beg
Chapter 32: Angel-like voice
Chapter 33: My Kitty Kat
Chapter 34: Is she crazy or what?
Chapter 35: She's my world
Chapter 36: Perfect
Epilogue

Chapter 26: We don't talk anymore

199 12 5
By Demona44

Mason Walton

Friday came and I was in my office having coffee with my mom before I had to leave. I was so busy this week that I couldn't go to dinner. I couldn't even see Helena and her family. I missed the kids so much, and they missed me. They often called me on facetime but I had to cut the calls early too many times.

I hated feeling far from them but I had no choice. Emily had a cold and Adam had to stay home with his family so I had to meet my clients as well as his. Aside from that, it had been a crazy week at the office with Williams' project. The time was working non-stop like a group of bees.

"How is Katrina?" My mom asked looking at me with hopeful eyes.

"We don't talk anymore."

"What? Why? You looked so close at dinner!" It looked like I shattered her dreams into million pieces. She wanted me to settle down and it was no secret.

"I absolutely have no idea... I stopped trying to understand what happened because it was starting to drive me crazy."

"What happened after you left? Walk me through it."

I sighed heavily rubbing the back of my neck "I took her home, told her I had fun and she said she liked you and dad a lot. She said it wasn't what she was expecting." I chuckled "She said 'I felt like I was going to eat with the royal family, but you were all so down to earth and welcoming. I loved every second of it.' That's what she said."

"did you kiss her?"

"Mom! No, I didn't. She wants us to be friends, I didn't want to ruin it. I just pecked her cheek told her I was glad and left."

"Next morning?"

"I called her but she sent me to voicemail. I text and she didn't reply. After a few texts, she finally replied saying she was busy. It was like that for a few days, and then she started acting professional so I stopped trying. It's obvious she's putting distance between us, so I'm doing the same. I won't waste my energy on someone who doesn't want me."

"Mason I'm sorry, I thought..."

"I thought so too. Don't worry I'm fine, really."

"I just don't want you to fall back into..."

I laughed "I was never truly a playboy mom. You know it. Don't worry, I promise I'm fine."

"What about Eloise? You could try again?"

"No, she's not my type. She's nice and beautiful but not what I want." I smiled "Please don't try and set me up again, I can find the woman of my dreams on my own."

We both laughed and she nodded "I promise I won't. Well, I'll go and let you catch your flight. Are you taking the jet?"

"Yes, I don't want to wait at the airport. I'll stay for the night and come back next morning I think."

"Good. Have you heard about Serena?"

"No? What happened?"

"She's getting a divorce. Things are going downhill with Kerem. That poor girl locked herself up and won't see anyone, not even your sister."

"I can't believe Jason didn't tell me. I just talked to him this morning."

"I don't know, but when you get back you'll have to check on her. She's your cousin and your friend after all."

"Of course, I'll try and call her on my way to the airport." I took my phone and keys before we walked out of the office and I found Elsa gathering her things.

"You're leaving?"

"I was waiting for you to leave first Mr. Walton."

"I'm going now. I just want you to keep your phone with you in case I need you to send me files or anything. We never know with Williams. And tell Dahlia the same."

"Yes sir, have a safe flight."

I hugged my mother goodbye promising her I'd have dinner with them when I get back. I got in the car and went to the airport. The flight in itself wasn't tiring but my brain was exhausting me, thinking of a million things per minute. I was so lost in my thoughts that I only realized I had landed when the flight attendant came and told me my car was outside and my suitcase was in it already.

The driver took me straight to the hotel booked by Williams and I wasn't surprised to see how luxurious it was. It was even a bit extreme, but most rich people loved it that way. I was guided to the front desk and once they knew I was Mr. Williams's guest they called the person in charge.

Katrina Johnson. She came in rushing, her hair flying in soft curls. She was dressed in a professional skirt suit and had a tablet in hand.

"Richard, you called?" She asked the man in front of me, still not noticing me.

"Yes, Miss Johnson, one of your guests has arrived." He pointed to me.

Katrina turned to face me with a smile that quickly faded when she saw me. She had red lipstick on, it was the first time I saw that color on her, and boy it suited her. She bit her lower lip slightly before taking a deep breath and putting on a fake smile.

"Mr. Walton, welcome to the Blue Hills. I hope you had a good flight?"

"Thank you, Miss Johnson. My flight was good thank you. What room did you put me in?"

"Presidential suite, room 601." Richard gave her the keys and she handed them to me.

"Thank you." I took the key card from her and glanced at her for one more brief moment before turning around and walking toward the elevator with the bell boy following me.

The first thing I did was order room service, I was starving. I took a shower while I waited and once done, I ate my delicious steak and watched a show on TV to kill time. I must have dozed off at some point because I was woken by the phone. It was the reception, informing me the car would be here in twenty minutes.

Without wasting time, I put on my navy blue tuxedo and combed my hair that was sticking all over the place. I took my phone and the room key before heading to the hotel's bar. I still had a good ten minutes before it was time to leave, so I ordered a drink after informing reception where I was.

I had barely finished my drink when someone from reception came over and informed me that my car was there. I took my phone and slipped it into my inside pocket before walking out of the bar. I was surprised to see a woman pressed against the wall by a man. Something about the couple made me stop and glance at them a second time, only to realize it was Kat.

With a frown, I quickly walked outside as jealousy was consuming me and riling me up. Had I stayed another second I would have killed the guy. I slipped into the car shutting my eyes close tightly trying to remove the image from my mind but couldn't.

Was that the reason she grew distant all of a sudden? She met someone and just disregarded me putting me aside? I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe that my sweet Kat would do that to me.

I got out of the car and went inside being greeted by Nathalie Williams. I tried making conversation and smiling but wasn't really in the mood. Soon enough I left her side and went to greet James Williams and his partners. They were all welcoming and praising our work. Some of them even wanted to make projects proposal but James brushed them off saying he'll give them my contact.

"It's a party and I don't want anyone talking about business."

He said before taking me to another group of gentlemen he wanted me to meet. It was a very private party with barely a hundred guests. It was happening in Michigan due to the inauguration of his new branch here.

I was standing idly next to him with a drink in hand when I saw Katrina Johnson walk inside in a sparkly navy blue dress that wasn't leaving much to the imagination. It made my blood boil even more with jealousy. I did my best to avoid her and even danced with Natalie for a while before making my unnoticed exit and going to the hotel.

This evening was more than I could handle. I went to my room took my jacket and vest off, throwing them on a nearby chair. I loosened my tie and sat down with my phone in hand. I tried calling Serena but she kept sending me to voicemail. I tried Jason and he answered but couldn't stay long on the line.

I rolled up my sleeves and turned the TV on, knowing I'd fall asleep to it but it was better than thinking about Katrina.

I had just snoozed off when I heard a soft knock on my door. I rubbed my eyes and opened the door revealing an anxious Katrina.

I raised an eyebrow at her and crossed my arms. "Yes?"

"Mason, please I need your help!"

I let out a sarcastic chuckle "So now we're back to Mason? Where has all the professionalism gone to?"

"Mason please, I'm sorry I need your help!"

"Bullshit Katrina! You've been avoiding me like the plague and now you're asking for my help? I didn't know you were that selfish!"

I saw a single tear run down her cheek and she quickly wiped it away. She seemed distressed and I hated seeing her like that. That single tear killed me slowly as it journeyed on her cheek. I let out a deep sigh knowing I'd regret my decision. I moved away so she could come inside.

"Come inside and tell me what you need."

She walked inside and turned to look at me. "I don't know what to do! I wasn't supposed to stay here... I was supposed to attend the party and leave right away but..." She stopped shaking her head.

"What happened? Why didn't you leave?"

"I went to say goodbye to Mr. Williams and he said he'll see me at the hotel. I didn't know he wanted me to stay! My flight is in barely ten minutes."

"Is that why you're crying? Kat just book a room and stay the night. Forget about your flight."

"You don't understand... The hotel is fully booked."

"Then book a room in another hotel."

"I can't! There are no hotels nearby, they are too far from here. If he asks for me and I take too long to go to him he'll know I made a mistake somewhere. He'll know I didn't book myself a room here."

I looked at her and all I could see was her pressed against the wall by that man. I pinched the bridge of my nose "And how can I help you exactly?"

"You're Mason Walton! You could call reception and ask for a room, they'll listen to you. Even if it's a service room, I don't mind."

I took the phone and called reception. I talked to them for about ten minutes and they kept saying the same thing. 'We are fully booked sir, but we can send you to another hotel.'

"Why don't you just come clean and tell Mr. Williams?"

"His last assistant was fired because she thought she wasn't needed at some event. It's the same thing, he'll fire me!"

"Is it so bad if he does? I mean you're very talented you can find something else."

"I don't want something else, I want to keep my job."

"Fine... I'll go, you take my room, Kat."

"No, I couldn't let you do that! He'll know!"

I let out a groan "Do you have another solution? I don't see any other option here Kat."

She looked around for a second "We could share your room?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 9.5K 75
"Mels I think we should break up" David said to her, his voice flat, no emotion, as though he wasn't blowing up her entire world with his blunt words...
15K 936 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
133K 3.4K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
1.1K 47 6
Being outstanding as a writer in the big city of New York, is nowhere as hard as being in a committed relationship, and Camille Forest joggles family...