Naruto Shippuden (Male Reader...

By YourMother72

It's been almost three years since (Y/N)'s disappearance. No one has been able to find him, and Minerva has a... More

Chapter I
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI

Chapter II

9.3K 206 89
By YourMother72

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

(Y/N) and Minerva were a few minutes away from the village. It had taken a while to get there, but they were finally about to make it. It was now dark.

Minerva: Ready to see all of your friends again?

(Y/N): <breathes in> Yeah. I wonder how they'll react.

Minerva: Probably you'll be punched in the face by at least half of them and then hugged to death by the rest.

(Y/N): <chuckles> That does sound like them.

Minerva made a perverted face and grinned at him.

Minerva: <giggling> I bet the girls will want some smooches. Especially Sakura and Ino.

(Y/N)'s face turned red, and he looked away.

(Y/N): Sh-Shut up...

They suddenly heard noises and jumped back.

Minerva: What the hell was that?

(Y/N): It sounded like a voice.

???: Ha! A ninja must see through deception.

A female voice was then heard.

???: Isn't that right, Sensei?

An older male voice was heard sighing.

???: I deserved that.

All three of them laughed together.

(Y/N): <perking up> Wait... Those voices...!

Minerva: <gasps> One of them sounded like Kakashi!

(Y/N)'s heart started pounding. He felt nervous for some reason.

(Y/N): What are they doing out in the woods?

Minerva: Who cares? Don't you want to see them?

(Y/N): Y-Yeah, of course... But, uh, I'm kind of nervous...

Minerva patted his shoulders and smiled.

Minerva: Oh, come on, (Y/N)! They're right there in front of you. They're practically your family.

(Y/N): I-I know, but... I don't know... <breathes> Okay, I'm going to do it!

Minerva: That's the spirit!

The two of them hurried to where they heard the voices. Sure enough, through the trees, stood Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi.

Naruto and Sakura had grown a lot while Kakashi looked relatively the same.

(Y/N): Wow... Naruto looks like big now. And Sakura's really pretty.

Minerva: <smirking> It has been two years, remember. Now, go on. I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

(Y/N) noticed two bells on Kakashi's belt, while Naruto and Sakura held two other bells.

Those were the same bells Kakashi had used for their first test! A wave of nostalgia hit (Y/N).

Minerva noticed something and patted (Y/N) on the shoulder one more time before walking off, not giving him a chance to ask where she was going.

Kakashi was leaning against a tree, holding a book. He was just staring at it.

Naruto: <laughs> What are you even wasting your time with that for? It's the most boring book ever.

As the conversation continued, (Y/N) was thinking of how he should reveal himself. Maybe he could grab one of the bells and surprise them... but how would he do that without revealing himself?

(Y/N) closed his eyes and tried to think. It's not like he could extend his long hair in his regular form...

Just then, his hair grew longer and fell past his feet. (Y/N)'s eyes opened and widened.

(Y/N): <thinking> What the—? How'd I do that without turning into my weird form? Did the experiments do this...?

Kakashi was now looking at the ground, dejected over whatever Sakura and Naruto had just told him.

(Y/N) couldn't help but smile as he extended one part of his hair. It slowly crept along the ground, behind the trees until it wrapped itself around one of the bells on Kakashi's waist.

Kakashi: <noticing it> Huh? What's this?!

Naruto/Sakura: <confused> Huh?!

The hair snatched the bell off of Kakashi's waist and retreated back into the dark forest.

Naruto: After it!

The three scrambled over to where the hair had disappeared to.

Meanwhile, Jiraiya, Tsunade, and Shizune, who were watching Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi's fight through the trees, were also shocked.

Shizune: Wh-What was that?

Tsunade: It kind of looked like hair... It was white like Jiraiya's.

Jiraiya: Hmm...

Minerva stood behind Shizune, smiling.

Minerva: Because it was (Y/N).

The three of them yelped and jumped back.

Tsunade: <shocked> Minerva??

Shizune: Where have you been? You disappeared like (Y/N)... Wait, did you say (Y/N) did that?!

Jiraiya: Huh?!

Minerva: Shh... I'll explain it later. Just watch this drama.

The three Shinobi looked around. The bell was nowhere to be found.

Sakura: Where'd it go?

Naruto: That bell's special! Give it back, you jerk!

Kakashi: We don't even know who or what took it.

(Y/N): Do I pass too, Kakashi-sensei?

The three of them froze in their tracks. Their hearts started pounding out of their chests.

Sakura: <thinking> That voice... Could it be...?

Naruto: <thinking> No way... What...?

Kakashi: <thinking> Is that... (Y/N)'s voice...?

The three of them slowly turned around and stared in pure shock at an older (Y/N), who was holding out the bell in his palm. He was smiling.

There was no mistake. It had to be him. That long, white hair was unmistakable.

Tears started to form in Naruto and Sakura's eyes. They started to shake.

Sakura: <crying> (Y/N)... Is it really you...?

(Y/N) nodded his head. His smile never left his face.

(Y/N): You've gotten really beautiful, Sakura. And Naruto, you look so much older and bigger.

Sakura sobbed and moved towards (Y/N) at lightning speed. She threw her arms around him and cried into his chest.

Sakura: <sobbing> (Y/N)... (Y/N)... Please don't let this be a dream...

(Y/N): <hugging her back> It's not. I'm really here. Sorry about making you all worry.

Kakashi: <shocked> (Y/N)...

Sakura let go of him and looked like she was about to kiss him. However, she stopped herself and kissed his cheek instead, before pulling away from him and wiping her eyes.

Suddenly, (Y/N) was glomped by Naruto, who nuzzled his face into (Y/N)'s neck.

Naruto: <crying> You're back... You're really back!

(Y/N): Yup. And I'm here to stay.

Naruto let go of him and just stared at his face.

(Y/N): Damn, Naruto. You've gotten so much taller.

Naruto: But so have you! I'm still not taller than you!

All four of them laughed.

From behind the trees, Minerva was wiping her eyes with a tissue all dramatically.

Tsunade: I can't believe it...

Jiraiya: (Y/N) showing up on the same day Naruto gets back to the village. It's almost like fate...

Tsunade: You've got a lot of explaining to do Minerva.

Minerva: Oh, I know I do, especially in regards to (Y/N)'s past.

Shizune: His past?

Tsunade: That's why you left the village. To discover what his past was.

Minerva nodded gravely.

Shizune: But I thought he was an Uchiha. Isn't that his past?

Minerva: Not quite. I'll tell you all later when we get back to village. But for now, don't you want to say hi to him?

They all made their way over to the four Shinobi.

Sakura: Where were you all of this time? We tried over and over again to find you, but we couldn't. Some people even began to think you were dead.

(Y/N): It's a long story.

Tsunade: And one I'm sure we're all begging to hear.

They all turned and saw Tsunade, Shizune, and Minerva standing in front of them. Jiraiya watched from afar in a tree.

Sakura: Lady Tsunade?

Kakashi: <surprised> Minerva?

Minerva waved to Kakashi and smiled.

(Y/N): <smiling> It's good to see you again, Lady Tsunade. Sorry for all the trouble I caused.

Minerva: Don't go blaming yourself for what happened, (Y/N). You had no control over it.

Naruto: Yeah, what did happen?

(Y/N): <stomach grumbles> Heh, I'll tell you while we're eating. I'm starving.

Tsunade: Hmph. Well, before you go, I need to tell you all something. Naruto, Sakura, you've both grown so much. I guess it was fate that (Y/N) showed up today.

Sakura: What do you mean?

Tsunade: You three are a team again, along with your old sensei. From this day on, you'll be Team Kakashi.

Sakura: Team Kakashi?

Naruto: That sounds pretty cool. So what'll we be doing then? What's the scoop?

Kakashi: It means we'll be going on all of our missions together. You and I will be peers now.

(Y/N)/Sakura/Naruto: Huh?!

Kakashi: That's the long and the short of it. The days of sensei and student are past. We're Leaf Shinobi, on equal ground. Got it?

Naruto: Oh, yeah! 110%!

He threw his arm around (Y/N)'s shoulder and grinned.

Naruto: And we have (Y/N) back too!! It'll be just like old times!

He then realized something and looked down.

Naruto: Well, minus Sasuke...

(Y/N): <frowning> So I guess he hasn't been brought back yet?

Sakura shook her head, solemnly.

(Y/N): Well, I guess that means I'll be here when we do bring him back.

He smiled at the two, who smiled back.

Minerva: Why don't we let them catch up? <to Tsunade> I'll inform you on everything you need to know.

Tsunade nodded and walked away with Minerva. Shizune followed them.

...

(Y/N), Naruto, and Sakura were walking through the streets of Konohagakure. Kakashi left them for some reason earlier.

Naturally, (Y/N) was bombarded with people asking him if it was really him and where he was.

Sakura yelled at them all to get out of the way and let him rest.

(Y/N): Thanks, Sakura. I'm hungry and tired.

Naruto: So are you gonna tell us where you were all of this time? We were all really worried. I thought you'd be found by now.

(Y/N): You mean you weren't here for the past two-ish years?

Naruto: Nope! I was busy training with Pervy Sage!

Sakura: Hm. Well, I spent the past few years training with Lady Tsunade!

(Y/N): No way... You must've gotten so much powerful. Meanwhile... I've stagnated these past couple of years.

He hid in a corner with a cloud of depression over him.

Sakura: What do you mean "stagnated?"

(Y/N): Well...

Just then, a two familiar faces walked by them.

Sakura: Huh? Oh! Shikamaru! Temari! Hey! Look who's back!

Shikamaru Nara and Temari of the Sand both turned and noticed Naruto.

Shikamaru: Hey! Naruto!

Naruto: Shikamaru!

Temari looked at Naruto, confused on how he'd gotten so much taller.

Shikamaru: Did you just get back?

Naruto: Nah, yesterday.

Shikamaru: Something's different about you... You seem smarter... More serious...

Sakura: Ernt! Wrong answer! Please try again!

Naruto: <sad> Sakura!

Shikamaru: Oh... really?

Naruto: <smirking> So... You two are on a date?

Shikamaru: Not. Even. Close.

Temari: Oh please, like I would ever...? It's almost Chunin Selection Exam time again. And while I've been acting as liaison between the Sand and Konoha, I'm being forced to act as exam proctor, so I was ordered to escort the sand ambassador, that's all.

(Y/N): Chunin Exams? That gives me nostalgia.

The two froze in their tracks. They slowly turned and noticed (Y/N) smiling at them.

Shikamaru: Huh? Wait... Huh?!

Temari didn't say anything. Her jaw dropped.

Naruto: Oh, that's right! (Y/N)'s back. Heh heh.

An awkward silence passed over the group. Shikamaru and Temari just stared at (Y/N), not moving a muscle.

(Y/N) sweatdropped.

Shikamaru: (Y-Y/N)? Is it really you?

(Y/N): <nodding> Perplexing, isn't it?

Temari growled and grabbed (Y/N)'s shirt, locking eyes with him. Her face was flushed red from anger.

Temari: You... You asshole! How could you just leave like that?! I was so worried about you!

(Y/N): <blushing> You were worried about me?

Naruto: <giggling> She has a little crush on you.

(Y/N): Obviously.

Temari blushed and held out her fist as if to punch (Y/N), but she brought it down and let go of him.

Temari: I hate you. So much.

(Y/N) pulled her into a hug.

(Y/N): Is this what you wanted? You're cute like this, Temari.

Temari blushed and hugged him back.

Sakura looked like she was trying not to punch something, while Naruto was laughing. Shikamaru, meanwhile, still stared at (Y/N).

When (Y/N) let go of Temari, Shikamaru stared to slowly walk over to him.

(Y/N): Shikamaru...

Shikamaru: Shut up! Don't say anything.

He looked at (Y/N) with tears running down his face.

Shikamaru: If you tell anyone about this...

(Y/N): <confused> About what?

Shikamaru pulled (Y/N) into a hug, shocking everyone.

Sakura/Naruto/Temari: EHHHHH???!!!

Shikamaru let (Y/N) go and turned around, wiping his eyes.

(Y/N): <surprised> Whoa. Shikamaru... Heh. You did it wrong.

Shikamaru turned to give (Y/N) a confused look before he was pulled into a hug.

(Y/N): This is a hug.

Shikamaru: <hugging back> Shut up... Bastard. This is such a drag.

When they let go, Naruto had a big smile on his face.

Naruto: So where is everyone else? I bet they'll be so excited to see (Y/N)!

Shikamaru: Well, you sort of came at a bad time. They're all out on missions right now.

(Y/N): Damn...

Temari: They'll be back soon, I'm sure. Some of them have to proctor the Chunin Exams with me.

Shikamaru: Oh! So what are you going to do, Naruto?

Naruto: Eh?

Shikamaru: About the Chunin Exam of course. You're the only one in our year who isn't a Chunin.

Naruto: ...WHAAAAAATTTTT??!!??!! You mean... you're a Chunin too, Sakura?

Sakura: Yup!

Shikamaru: And just so you know, Neji, Kankuro, and this lady here are already Jonin.

Naruto: No way!!

Temari: And you know (Y/N) is a Jonin too.

(Y/N): Crap, you're right. I forgot about that.

Naruto: Oh! Gaara! What about Gaara?

Temari and Shikamaru looked at each other.

Temari: He's the Kazekage of the Sand.

...

Tsunade sat at her desk with her head in her hands. Minerva had just told her everything.

Tsunade: So he's essentially... an experiment?

Minerva: To her, yes. That explains all of his mysterious powers. She gave them to him for whatever reason.

Tsunade grit her teeth and stood up, turning to look out of the window.

Tsunade: That poor boy... And you have no idea where her base of operations is?

Minerva: No clue. I was unconscious when they brought me there and when they dropped me off in the forest with (Y/N).

Tsunade: That woman is dangerous. And she's not the only threat there is. The Akatsuki has made their move.

(A/N): Rewatching the Star Wars sequels was a goddamn mistake. Holy shit I can't believe how bad they are on a rewatch. And yes, I did just rant about Star Wars on a Naruto fanfiction. 😌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94K 2.2K 11
A/N Sasuke did leave the village to follow Orochimaru so he did kill him and his brother like in the anime but he didn't join Akatsuki (who aren't ap...
197K 6.1K 30
Everything was going exactly the way they are supposed to go, and all was good. Until someone new shows up, someone different, someone that doesn't l...
51.4K 1.1K 16
Sasuke left the village saying his last goodbyes to Y/n, To go and kill his brother Itachi. What will happen to Y/n now? How will she feel towards hi...
68.2K 1.7K 8
Naruto's parents never died. All 3 Sannin did, and sealed their chakra into Naruto in secret. Naruto has two younger brothers, and two younger siste...