Don't run from me (Book 3)

By Demona44

I leaned back against the wall "It's been so long hasn't it?" "Yes, it has... I think the last time I saw you... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: I'll be damned
Chapter 2: He's a keeper
Chapter 3: It's not me, it's you
Chapter 4:Stop running from me
Chapter 5: Keep running
Chapter 6: Maybe
Chapter 7: it's just coffee
Chapter 8: It's intoxicating!
Chapter 9: lay with me
Chapter 10: Nothing happened
Chapter 11: bittersweet
Chapter 12: The right choice
Chapter 13: Kat, wait
Chapter 14: Beyond amazing
Chapitre 15: very beautiful
Chapter 16: Friend-zoned
Chapter 17: Unity
Chapter 18: Loverboy is here!
Chapter 19: Gotcha
Chapter 20: You are impossible!
Chapter 21: terrifying
Chapter 22: Shoot for the moon
Chapter 24: You are so beautiful Kitty
Chapter 25: Enough is enough
Chapter 26: We don't talk anymore
Chapitre 27: I want you
Chapter 28: Never let go
chapter 29: Come back to me
Chapter 30: Who are you?
Chapter 31: Baby I never beg
Chapter 32: Angel-like voice
Chapter 33: My Kitty Kat
Chapter 34: Is she crazy or what?
Chapter 35: She's my world
Chapter 36: Perfect
Epilogue

Chapter 23: You're a genius

168 14 0
By Demona44

Katrina Johnson

I walked out of the coffee shop with my cup of coffee in hand feeling the breeze of October hit me. I loved autumn and the way the leaves changed colors and fell to the ground only to grow again showing us that life goes on. I was headed to my favorite clothing store when someone bumped into me spilling my coffee on my scarf. Great, just great! I looked up and my frustration just increased.

"Oh, it's you!" Celine rolled her eyes lifting up her sunglasses and setting them on her head. "If it isn't Mason's new plaything."

"Plaything?" I touched the lucky charm bracelet recalling last night and how beautiful and perfect it was. I was far from being his plaything, I was sure of that. "If believing that makes you happy Celine, then be my guest."

"Wake up doll, all he sees in you is your beauty. I'm just trying to spare you the heartbreak. Soon enough he'll get tired of you, he'll get bored with you and he'll leave you and come back to me."

I couldn't help but laugh, I was nervous as hell fighting all my insecurities just to face her and not cower in the nearest corner. "Will you be waiting for him?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, are you really waiting for Mason to come back to you?"

"Of course I am. That man is crazy for me!" she spoke with so much confidence that I almost believed her. But I knew he was over her, he wouldn't try so hard to win me if he wasn't. He wouldn't subject himself to meeting 'the parents' if he wasn't.

"Let's say he does get bored with me and he leaves me. Do you really think Mason is stupid enough to get back to the biggest cheater on the planet?"

"Excuse me?" she took a step back, repulsed.

"Yeah, you heard me. Mason would never go back to someone who cheated on him so many times. And you, thinking otherwise shows just how much you really know him."

"He told you about this?" She really didn't believe him when he said I was his girlfriend, and now she was just surprised at how much I knew boosting up my confidence.

You messed with the wrong bitch! "Of course he did. We tell each other everything. No secrets between us."

"Yeah right," She glared at me, "If you claim to know so much, tell me. Who was his first?"

I hid my panic with a smile. I certainly didn't know who his first was! I knew that many girls back in high school wanted to date him but I didn't know the details. I never listened to the gossip around us.

"Me."

She burst into laughter "Honey, I've dated him for a couple of years before you and Mason was no virgin let me tell you that."

"Who said you dated him before me?"

She frowned taking a step closer while glaring daggers at me. "What do you mean?"

"I've dated him before you. We've dated back in high school," I leaned closer to her ear "I was his first in everything" I whispered, "And he came back to me." I proudly took a step back "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a date with my boyfriend so go waste someone else's time, Doll!" I smirked and walked away as quickly as I could.

My heart was beating so fast I thought it would explode into million tiny pieces. Once I was sure I was out of her sight, I pulled out my phone wanting to send Mason a text. Last night he gave me one last kiss and left me with all these emotions storming inside of me. I didn't know if he intended on being romantic when he gave me the bracelet but it was the most romantic thing anyone ever did to me. As simple as the gesture was, it was filled with true feelings and meaningful words. It sent my stomach into a chaotic state of dancing butterflies.

KJ: Hi, are you busy?

I walked further down the street waiting for his reply. I had to tell him what happened with Celine just in case she asked him. I kept checking my phone but he hadn't replied yet. I went inside a clothing store to take my mind off of Mason but it didn't quite work. I looked through the racks for about fifteen minutes until I lost all interest and walked out of the store. I was about to call him when I received a text from him.

MW: Are you okay?

I smiled loving that he was concerned about me. Mason really was something else. I've dated my fair share of men before Ayden, my heartbreaker, and none of them was like Mason Walton. Not even Ayden. Ayden was sweet and considerate most of the time but he thought about himself first. He was selfish in his own kind of way.

KJ: Yes, I just wanted to see if we could meet for coffee or something?

MW: I'm in a meeting right now. How about lunch?

Lunch meant more time with him. More time with him meant more chances of me falling harder for him.

KJ: I'll come by your office, I can't make lunch.

No response. I went into another store and got a new scarf since Celine ruined the one I was wearing. The chill was too much to handle without a scarf. I pulled my cardigan tighter around me as I regretted my choice of clothing. I was wearing skinny jeans and a crop top only covered with my cardigan and scarf. I should have worn something warmer.

After an hour of wandering around from store to store, I finally decided to go to Mason's. If he's busy I'll wait. I thought to myself as I got out of the cab and stepped inside the fancy building. Working with Mr. Williams let me see some of the finest companies around the USA. Whenever he had to leave for a few days, I had to go with him. It was exhausting but it also gave me a chance to visit cities other than Boston and New York.

I walked out of the elevator on Mason's floor and headed toward Elsa's desk. She was glaring at her computer screen and muttering un-coherent words. I bit a laugh shaking my head. She was so cute when she was mad.

"Good morning Elsa,"

She slowly looked up at me and shot me a glare "Good morning to you Katrina. How can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Mr. Walton please."

She raised an eyebrow and looked down at her planner before shaking her head. "You don't have an appointment. He's very busy today."

"Elsa, I know I don't have an appointment and he knows I'm coming, so would you kindly inform him that I'm here?"

"I can't. He's in a meeting."

I groaned "How is he in a meeting and you're here?"

"It's a private meeting Katrina, and I can't let you in any way. So would kindly step outside and come back when you have an appointment?"

The door to Mason's office opened and an elegant lady walked out smiling at Mason who was walking by her side.

"So tonight. And don't be late!"

"I won't, I promise". He chuckled looking up and meeting my eyes. "Kat, you're here!" He smiled widely at me.

I didn't have to look at Elsa to know how shocked she was. "I just got here but I was about to leave because I have no appointment with you," I said innocently just in spite of Elsa. I hated bullies and that was a form of bullying.

"Is that so?" He looked at Elsa with a raised eyebrow "Katrina Johnson doesn't need an appointment to come see me, Elsa. Write it down in your planner so there's no mistake next time."

"Won't you introduce me?" the lady beside him asked gently.

"Oh, I'm sorry mom, this is Katrina Johnson. Kat, this is Elise Walton, my mother."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs.Walton." I thought she was a client and was not ready to meet his mother.

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine dear. I've heard a lot about you, and I can't wait and get to know you." She reached out and hugged me lightly before pulling away. "Mason is coming over for dinner tonight, come with him please."

"Thank you for your offer Mrs. Walton but I can't I'm sorry." I glanced at Mason and could see the disappointment in his eyes. "I just don't want to impose; it's a family dinner after all."

Mason rolled his eyes "She'll be there mom. I'll make sure of it."

"Thank you, Mason." She pecked his cheek and pecked mine before saying goodbye and leaving. She was so graceful and so beautiful. No wonder the Walton kids were gorgeous with parents like theirs.

"Elsa, send us two coffees please."

Mason led the way to his office and closed the door behind him "Hi," He sat on the edge of his desk contemplating me.

"Hi," I grinned at him sitting in the chair facing him.

"Are you cold? Your nose is red."

"I'm feeling warmer now, it will pass. I didn't dress properly for today's weather."

There was a knock on the door and Elsa came in with our coffees. She gave me one last glance before leaving. I didn't know what her deal was, I knew she had a crush on her boss but why act like that with me? I didn't do anything.

"Elsa said you were really busy today?"

"I am actually, I have new clients and I have to work on Williams blueprint and weekly report. I'm heading to Boston on Friday. When are you going back?"

"Friday" I smiled, "I have to fly out real early so I can make it to the office at 10 am at the latest."

"Have you booked your flight?"

"No, I usually book it the night before I leave."

"Great, then don't book any flights. You'll fly out with Elsa and me. I'm going anyway so..."

"Do you seriously want to give Elsa a heart attack?" I laughed taking a sip of my coffee.

"I don't get this little war between you two. Is it an assistant thing?"

"It's not! I don't know why she doesn't like me."

"She told me you ignored her the first day you came here and spent time with Adam's assistant."

"Are we in kindergarten or something?" We both laughed "I didn't ignore her, Anna and I were in the same book club when we were still in high school and we kept in touch. She's a good friend, I was just catching up with her."

He nodded still trying to understand why would Elsa hate me. For me, it was kind of obvious. If she thought there was something between us, and she had the biggest crush on him, of course, she'd hate me. But there was nothing between us. Yet. I froze at the train of my thoughts and cleared my throat.

"I ran into Celine today."

"And? Did she bother you?"

"She did. She tried making me doubt our 'relationship' but thank god I had the courage to put her in her place. Oh, and I may have lied a little." I blushed looking at my cup of coffee.

"what did you say?" He sounded amused.

"I told her I was your first girlfriend and I was your first in everything." I could feel the heat coming out of my cheeks.

I suddenly felt his fingers cupping my face and I looked up at him "You're a genius" his gaze shifted to my lips and back up to my eyes as if asking for permission.

I wanted to feel his lips against mine. It was like the forbidden fruit, I wanted it but shouldn't have it...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 95 15
When Enid Jones a straight A student and a perfect Islamic daughter any parent would wish to have, won a scholarship to the prestigious Montrose Acad...
337 40 6
" Why are always like this since high school you have always looked down on people!!!! " " If people means you.., then yes I do look...
440 22 7
Where there's smoke, there's always a fire. "The more you fight it, the more determined I am to prove that you want me." He says burning holes into...
148K 4.4K 35
******completed****** A man of 5.9 height is walking through the glass door. He was wearing a black suit. The driver opened the door of his BMW. The...