The Avenger's Soul

By baeareavibez

Billy doesn't know what her powers are. She has too many to count. She was taken by HYDRA when she was just a... More

Author's Note
CopyRight/CopyWRITE
Escape Attempt #9
New Life - Take 1
New Life - Take 2
0-8-4 (Part 1)
0-8-4 (Part 2)
The Asset (Part 1)
The Asset (Part 2)
The Girl in the Flower Dress (Part 1)
The Girl in the Flower Dress (Part 2)
FZZT
The Hub (Part 1)
The Hub (Part 2)
The Well
Repairs
The Bridge
The Magical Place (Part 1)
The Magical Place (Part 2)
Author's Note
Seeds (Part 1)
Seeds (Part 2)
T.R.A.C.K.S
TAHITI
New Life - Take 3
Hello, Goodbye
Lexi - Defender of Man (New Life - Take 4)
Meeting the Team
Loki
Thor
Discord
Author's Note
Released
Publishing?!
Phase 2
Potential Crossover
Loki's Escape
The Battle of New York (Part 1)
The Battle of New York (Part 2)
Suspicions
New Life - Take 4
There's No Place Like Shield
End of the Beginning (Part 1)
End of the Beginning (Part 2)
Turn, Turn, Turn (Part 1)
Turn, Turn, Turn (Part 2)
Providence (Part 1)
Providence (Part 2)
The Only Light in the Darkness (Part 1)
The Only Light in the Darkness (Part 2)
The Cap's Birthday
Nothing Personal (Part 1)
Nothing Personal (Part 2)
Nothing Personal (Part 3)
Ragtag (Part 1)
Ragtag (Part 2)
Beginning of the End (Part 2)
Shadows
Making Friends & Influencing People
The Secret Room (Part 1)
The Secret Room (Part 2)
A Fractured House
The Writing on the Wall (Part 1)
The Writing on the Wall (Part 2)
The Things We Bury (Part 1)
The Things We Bury (Part 2)
Ye Who Enter Here
Author's Note/New Story!
Another New Story

Beginning of the End (Part 1)

315 12 8
By baeareavibez

Skye's POV

"Could sure use a little light in here," Coulson said, looking over his shoulder at me. I nodded and was about to ignite a fire ball in my hand when Trip spoke up.

"Got it!" He said, hitting a button on a device in his hand then throwing it to the ground so that it slid to the center of the room illuminating the soldiers. The soldiers just stand glaring at our team. I breathed a sigh of relief having realized that if I DID end up using my powers in front of these soldiers, I was likely to give away my secret to Hydra and Whitehall would be one step closer to finding me again. But that didn't mean I couldn't punch a few of these idiots.

"So, who do we talk to about getting a haircut?" Coulson joked.

Trip started firing and the fight broke out. I wanted to stay and help but I had my primary target. I rushed into the computer room and got to work, quickly plugging in my flash drive. I managed to get the computer up and running my program as I heard the others fighting.

"Bring the house down!" I heard Coulson saying and suddenly I heard the sound of the support pillars being knocked down. "Time to go!" Coulson called out.

Thankfully the program I was working on finished right as he said this - I removed the thumb drive and hurried out.

"Come on. Let's go. Let's go!" Coulson exclaimed as May followed behind me, stopping at the top to throw the Berserker staff at the last beam, causing the ceiling to collapse on the remaining soldiers.

*****

"The Trojan horse worked," I said once we had gotten back to the hanger bay. I walked over to where May was patching Trip up. "It gave us access to the system we wanted." I sat in a chair opposite them looking at my cellphone. "Our secret weapon, we now have eyes on their operation right in the palm of my hand."

"We'll need more than eyes to defeat Garrett," Trip pointed out.

Coulson walked into the area from the cockpit with a worried look on his face, May turned to him.

"What is it?" She asked.

I noticed his demeanor too, and sat up straighter.

"Fitz-Simmons' tracker crossed the ocean. It's in New Mexico," he informed us.

"They managed to tag the plane?" I said.

"It appears so, but they're not answering," Coulson said worriedly.

"No!" I exclaimed with a startled breath. Dread instantly washing over me.

"We can't think about that right now. They may have been captured. Either way they risked everything to put a tracker on that plane for us. Now we know exactly where Garrett is and Skye can see what he's doing," Coulson stated.

I just stared at him sadly.

"If Fitz and Simmons are still alive then catching Garrett is our only shot at finding them."

*****

"We only get one shot at this, so let's go over the plan one more time to make sure we're clear on exactly what we're doing, okay?" Coulson said as we all got ready. "Trip and I will crest the ridge, use a noisemaker to grab a three-wheel, maybe something with more fireworks and open a window for you two."While he spoke Trip leaned down and took something out of his grandfather's suitcase. "You crawl in, grab the dealer, force his hand. He'll get us our ace in the hole and then Bob's your uncle."

I finished loading my gun with a loud cocking noise.

"Roger that!" I exclaimed.

"Makes it sound easy," Trip said.

"Coulson, it's a solid plan you've mapped out, but it hinges on a gamble, a big one," May pointed out.

"And backup isn't coming. It'll be just the four of us. We'll be outmanned and outgunned. But Fury always said...a man can accomplish anything when he realizes he's a part of something bigger. A team of people who share that conviction can change the world. So, what do you say? You ready to change the world?" Coulson asked, looking at us.

Trip and I gave him a smile, though mine dropped when I heard May.

"No."

We all turned to look at her as she finished loading her gun.

"I'm ready to kick some ass!"

We all smiled again.

"That works, too," Coulson said with a small laugh.

*****

3rd Person POV

Cut to Coulson and Trip. They appear to be in a desert somewhere. They're on a high hill looking down, their back to us.

"All right, what do we want?" Coulson asked Trip as the perched on a high hill in the desert surveying the Cybertek facility before them. "There's a three wheel over there."

"Here comes a Humvee, that has better fireworks," Trip replied.

"Hold on," Coulson said, lifting up a pair of binoculars to his eyes - Trip following suit. They both see a very large, black military vehicle entering the area, they both smiled.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" Trip exclaimed.

They lower the binoculars and the large truck stops in front of the SUV just a short distance away.

"You bring a noisemaker?" Coulson asked.

"Sir, I bring the noise and the funk wherever I go," Trip answered with a grin.

Coulson gave him an amused smile. Trip takes something out of his backpack. It looked like one of those old school noise makers, the kind that is a rectangle tin with a knob on the side of it – you twist it and it makes a rattling sound. He twisted it around a few times then threw it at the vehicles, where it lands on the ground between them and suddenly speaks.

"Hey ho, friends! The enemy approaches! Careful now, or they'll win the day!"

The men around the two vehicles jump into action going on guard. One of the guards knocked on the side of the SUV getting them to move. Trip used the distraction to move up behind a motorcycle where a guard was standing next to it.

"Hey!" Trip called out as he came up behind him.

The guard turned quickly to be punched in the face by Trip and thrown over the bike. Coulson waited by the big black vehicle, and the man who drops down was met with a punch to his face delivered by Coulson.

Trip & Coulson got into the vehicle and quickly used it to bust through one of the gates. Inside the cab of the truck Coulson and Trip shared a smile. Guards rushed at the truck firing at it, but it did no good. Inside the cab Trip hit a button labeled "Launch". Outside the truck a missile was launched at four guards pointing guns at them, knocking them off their feet. Coulson, however was having a rough go controlling the vehicle, it bounced around sending them bouncing as well.

"You know where to put this next one," he told Trip.

Trip hit the button again launching another missile. This one hit the side of the building blowing a big hole in it. May and Skye, were then able to make their way through the hole.

"Nice work, guys. The window's open," May said into her walkie-talkie.

*****

Ward's POV

"Don't tell me you're following him into this madness. His talk of evolution..." I hissed out to Raina as I stopped her from leaving the compound.

"I agree with him. You're the one who follows him," she retorted. "But in this case, you should. For the first time you both need the same thing, and so do I," she added.

"What are you talking about? I need him to get his head on straight!" I exclaimed.

"Skye – we need Skye. And that's all you've ever wanted , isn't it? The evolution he speaks of – she'll be an important part of that. So go get her, Grant Ward," she told me.

"Get her for what?" I asked, confused.

"The world is going to change and when it does she could be yours."

I gave her a humorless smile and shook my head.

"Wow. You really are crazy. Skye detests me. She thinks I'm a monster."

"Are you? It that your true nature or is that what Garrett made you to be?" Raina asked.

I lost my bravado and stared at her lost.

"I don't know," I said honestly.

"Well, we know about Skye's parents, about the power that lies inside her. I believe in a world where her true nature will reveal itself. And when that day comes..." She turns from me and picked up her suitcase walking down the ramp. "Maybe you two can be monsters together."

I watched her go with a confused look.

*****

Skye's POV

May & I kept ourselves hidden as we entered the building & followed behind a man in a suit as he entered through a set of sliding doors. He walked into the room beyond, and just as the doors were about to shut May's hand appeared between them stopping them. She lifted her gun and fired it at the guard standing there. She then fired at the man she followed in and they both go down. I entered behind May and lifted a walkie-talkie to my lips.

"Coulson, we've found the dealer," I told him.

May took her spot behind the guard counter just inside the door as I entered the room with all the cubicles and workers. I had on a black vest and was carrying my backpack. People in the room look at me with shock and worry, even backing away from me. I smirked on the inside, trying not to admit that a part of me enjoyed the reactions I was getting. I held the backpack up so everyone could see.

"This is a bomb. You know what those do!" I called out.

Everyone got out of my way or ducked behind desks. The man in charge rushed to his large command center in the back working at the computer.

"And you've seen Agent May here through the eyes of your super soldiers, so you know what she does. You don't want to mess with us, is my point!" I shouted.

May followed behind me making a show of targeting her gun all around the room as I walked over to the guy who was typing on his computer. He looked up at me when I got close.

"You're not going to be able to highjack our soldiers. We've thought through every emergency scenario, including this one," he said.

"Don't tell me you just switched the soldiers to default directive?" May told him.

"Yeah, I did," he said confidently until he saw the smug grins on our faces. "And how did you know about that?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 355 24
TW: Mature Audiences Only (18+) Y/n has had major anger issues since she can remember. So bad, that Hydra kidnapped her when she was young and used i...
190K 5.9K 34
🏆#1 SOULMATEAU 8/11/22 🏆 #1 avengersfanfiction 8/22/22 🏆 #1 buckybarnesxsteverogers 8/22/22 🏆 #1 thor 2/24/23 🏆 #1 avengerssoulmate 9/11/22 🏆 #...
Unspoken By Marie

Fanfiction

36K 1.2K 45
When new intel comes through about a Hydra weapon, the avengers split into two teams, one checking out a new base, while the other scours an old one...
41K 1.2K 17
The winter soldier is trying his best to figure out who he is after running away from Hydra. He thinks he's doing ok staying hidden until he hears a...