Queen of His THIRST

By MyraKapoor

Jake Cooper is a rich, handsome man but an asshole. He treats women like his quests and never fails to satisf... More

Introduction
1💋
2
3
4
5💋💋💋
6
7
8
9
10💋💋
11
12
14💋
15
16
17
18
19
20
21💋💋
22
23
24
25
26💋
27💋
28
29
30
31😲😲
32💔💔
33
34😵😵😵
35😚💋

13

779 24 0
By MyraKapoor

The Worst Feeling is when you know the person you Love is nearing Death....

.

.

.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't realize that you were awake", Briana apologized, blinking rapidly.

Jake was taken aback for a moment, because he knew he got lost for a moment, which was definitely not usual for him. Thankfully she hadn't noticed it but inside he was feeling a little strange. He was about to open his mouth to say something when his eyes landed on their still interlinked hands and then back to her face which had all the tension of the world.

For a second, Jake couldn't understand the situation. Why was she being so concerned about him? She's just an assistant but the amount of concern and care she was showing could qualify for a wife.

Wife???

What the fuc-

"Sir? Why aren't you talking?", his thoughts got interrupted by her. "Are you alright??? You need something?", she asked with concern lacing her tone.

She got up from her chair and leaned over to check his wound.

Upon her touch, Jake flinched a little as he didn't know that he was wounded there.

"Oh!! Sorry! Did I hurt you??? Are you in pain? Should I call the doctor???", she asked looking all worried and apologetic at the same time.

Jake couldn't come up with anything. He didn't know what to say or how to react. It was as if his tongue got tied, making him unable to utter a single word.

"Oh god, Jake, say something already!!! You're scaring me!!!", she insisted leaning closer.

Jake's lips parted in astonishment upon hearing his name and not the usual sir. Briana realized her mistake instantly as her eyes shot wide open.

"I-I-I mean sir wh- how are you feeling?", she said backing away while still holding onto his hand.

Jake looked at her confused self and then at their interlinked hands. Briana noticed where he was looking and then back at him. She looked back at their interlinked fingers and narrowed her eyes.

"Oh!", she said jerking her hand away when she realized what he was hinting at.

"OWW!!", Jake whimpered at the sudden movement of his hand.

"Oh sorry! So sorry!!!", she haphazardly went over and held his hand again, examining the bruise. "Is it better now?", she said rubbing his hand to ease the pain.

"Brianastop! Are you ok?", he chuckled at her.

"Huh? I?", she couldn't understand.

"Yes..", he gulped as talking was actually difficult. "Are you ok? Look at you-", suddenly he started coughing.

Briana didn't waste a moment and picked up a glass of water placed on the side table.

"Here. I think youre not ok!", she said, acting sassy unconsciously.

She helped Jake sit up so that he could drink. He took a sip and coughed a little more. Meanwhile, Briana kept a hand behind him to help him with his posture and kept rubbing every time he coughed.

Jake emptied the whole glass, his eyes on her all the time. She kept the glass back on the table and sat back on the chair. She had no clue how Jake was looking at her the whole time. She didn't notice it until now.

"You need some more?", she raised her brow at him.

"Need what?", he asked.

"Water, what else?", she said in a 'duh' tone.

"Oh, no thanks. It was enough, was just feeling very thirsty", he said.

"Hmm..", she pursed her lips together.

Jake kept looking at her, her features, the way she sat while Briana looked everywhere but him.

The silence was now getting a little awkward as none of them spoke but what shocked Briana was that he didn't even ask what happened to him and how did he end up at her place.

'I hope he isn't thinking that we slept togeth-shut up!' she scolded herself mentally.

"Umm you- you didn't ask why you're here or what happened last night?", she said finally breaking the silence.

"Oh yes! Sorry I forgot to ask! What happened anyway?", he asked trying to sound curious.

Jake himself was a little embarrassed about the whole situation. On top of that he forgot to ask the most important thing!

'So dumb of me!', he slapped his head mentally.

Briana chuckled looking at his embarrassment.

"You met with an accident yesterday. Guess, the police doesn't shout unnecessary things after all- Don't drink and drive", she quoted, acting a little sassy again.

"Drunk and me??? I'm never drunk!", he boasted about his drinking capacity.

"Oh yeah? That's why you ended up there? Blowing up your car, almost killing yourself in the process?", she folded her hands on her chest and tilted her head, looking serious.

"Killing? What do you mean? Blowing up my car??????", he asked, his eyes wide open.

"Yes, you barged right into a nearby tree. People were crowding, trying to get you out because your engine was about to blow up!!!!", she yelled, showing him the harsh reality.

Wow! Jake didn't know that the accident was that serious. He thought it to be a small one where she rescued him or something.

"And how did I end up here? Did we go to the hospital, didn't we?", he asked, trying to sit up straight.

"Actually no! We didn't go to the hospital as we found a doctor in the crowd. I was in the crowd" she explained. "He asked if we could take you somewhere so that he could treat you. So I bought you here since my house was the closest!", she finished.

"Oh, that's how I ended up here!", he said, scratching his head but flinched a little when he touched his forehead.

"And this? How long will this take to heal? What did he say?", he asked, pointing towards his head.

"He said the wound isn't that serious so he just gave you an injection and some medi-", she was cut off.

"What??? An Injection????? He gave me a fucking injection???????", Jake freaked out!

"Ya.. why are you freaking out like that?", she knitted her brows together as she got closer to him.

"Why didn't you stop him???", he yelled at her.

"Wha-why would I? He's a doctor, for God sake!", she shook her head.

"So what?? He can't go on injecting people just because he's a doctor!!!!", he said examining his hand to check where he must have injected.

"I-I'm sorry. Are you allergic to something or?", she asked feeling remorseful.

"YES!!! TO INJECTIONS!!!!!!", he shrieked.

Briana was taken aback from the sudden outburst.

How could someone be allergic to injections?

Suddenly, the realization dawned upon her.

"You're scared of injections?", the question rolled out of her tongue.

It was more of a statement that a question.

He looked at her with anger but it softened when he realized how that must have sounded.

It took her one look at him to confirm her doubts.

Suddenly, she burst out laughing!!! And not laughing normally. She was in fucking hysterics!!!!!!

"Holy shit!!! You're scared of injections!!!!", she said between her laughter. "Oh my God!! The great Jake Cooper is scared of what? An injection???", she laughed her heart out.

Jake couldn't believe her! How could she laugh at him? At her boss???? He glared at her.

But it was also the first time he was seeing someone laugh so freely in front of him, that too, on him. He didn't even realize when a smile made its way on his lips.

Eventually, Briana relaxed and was shocked to find him smiling at her.

IS JAKE FREAKING COOPER SMILING?????

She couldn't believe her eyes.

"Did the injury effect your brain, too?", the question stumbled out of her mouth even before she had the chance to correct it.

"What???", he scrunched his nose in confusion.

"I mean, I'll get you something you eat!", she said and hurried out of the room, leaving a confused Jake behind.

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

692K 17.6K 40
Ally Carson has it all; a loving family, supportive boyfriend, and an impressive degree in the industry of her dreams. But when she uproots her perfe...
42.7K 2.6K 50
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. 🔥 Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language • 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...
2.2M 78.7K 58
Twenty-one and ready to take on the world, orphan Lizzie Gold didn't expect her chance encounter with a stranger to lead to a damnable task - to take...
11.8K 1K 26
𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟐 (𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄) Rachel Wang, a girl who makes her own rules and lives her life the way she wants...