The Boy In Her Dreams

By Benzita13

Who would have thought changing schools could be the strangest thing to ever happen? No one, of course! But s... More

Author's note
๐ŸŒบ PROLOGUE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER ONE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWO ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THREE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER FOUR ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER FIVE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบCASTS๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER SIX๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER SEVEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER EIGHT ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER NINE๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER ELEVEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWELVE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTEEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER FIFTEEN ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER SIXTEEN ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER EIGHTEEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER NINETEEN ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY ONE๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY TWO๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY THREE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY NINE๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY ONE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY TWO ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY THREE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY SIX ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER THIRTY NINE ๐ŸŒบ
๐ŸŒบ EPILOGUE ๐ŸŒบ

๐ŸŒบ CHAPTER TWENTY SIX๐ŸŒบ

83 29 9
By Benzita13

This chapter is dedicated to FlourishChiburuoma

                                  •°•°•

EJIRO'S POV:

I recited a prayer of protection continuously in my head as I wrapped my hands tightly around Evan's waist.

God! I was so scared, and it didn't help that the masked girl had a gun pointed at my direction.

I really didn't know what came over me when I ran to hide behind Evan. I had actually expected him to run off and save himself, I wouldn't have been surprised.

Evan stood his ground instead, and even after she brought the gun out, he still didn't move. I felt kinda safe just standing behind him, but when she began to count down to ten, I almost had a heart attack.

I didn't know why he was still there. Finally, I tapped him sadly and whispered, "Don't worry about me, please. Just go".

"I owe you." Was the only thing he said next, making me narrow my brows at him. I shook the thought away, not having the time to think about it.

"Seven..." The masked girl continued to count, with an obvious smirk still on her face.

Before I knew it, Evan gripped my hand and loosened it from his waist, and the next thing I knew, I saw the gun flying in the air and the masked girl staggering backwards.

Her eyes widened in realization as she stared down at the gun now on the floor. She balanced herself immediately and ran towards the gun.

Evan came in from behind her and held both her arms tightly, still, she tried to free herself out of his hold and move closer to the gun.

I didn't have to be told, I reached for the gun, moving as far away from the girl as possible.

"You idiot!" She yelled. "Give me the gun!".

I stared at Evan, who pulled the girl towards the other end of the class. Nevertheless, she continued to speak.

"I'm serious, I'll avenge him! You murderer! Give me the gun!" She yelled, her voice almost coming out as a shriek.

"Who's him?" I asked, for some reason, inching closer to her.

I needed to know, was it my father? Any of my dead male relatives I may not know about? A dead male cousin?

"Ejiro, unlock the door!" Evan said.

I quickly did as he had instructed and pushed the door open.

"C'mon Evan." I gestured, heading towards the opened door. I quickly pointed the gun at her forehead, even though I had no idea how to use it.

Evan quickly let go and pulled me towards the door, but I glared at her, the gun in my hand still pointing at her forehead and she backed away as she gritted her teeth. "You deserve to die." Were the last words I heard her say, before I stepped out of the classroom with Evan.

He grabbed my hand once the door was shut, threw the gun by the door side and made a run for it.

Keeping up with his pace was extremely hard, but I didn't give that much thought.

Once we were out of the school building, we immediately met Hannah's angry face as she argued with the school security man, yes, the school had a security man.

I cleared my throat to gain Hannah's attention, and she turned around immediately. I expected her to storm my way and question me on why I wasted so much, but she stared down at something instead. I tried tracing her gaze to whatever she was looking at.

My eyes widened, realizing that Evan still held my hand, and I pulled it out of his hold. "I'll see you tomorrow.". I said to him, who for some reason, seemed to have been in a trance. He shook his head and looked up to stare at me. "Bye." He smiled.

"I can see my ship is sailing. What were you guys doing in there? I hope it's not what I'm thinking?!" Hannah teased.

I rolled my eyes at her and began to walk out of the school building. "What happened in there is nothing close to what you were thinking. We just escaped death.".

Hannah narrowed her brows at me. "What do you mean?".

"Don't worry, I'll tell you when we get home.".

                                  •°•°•
Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours, and before I knew it, it was the next day.

I would say I woke up at the right side of the bed this morning. No nightmares, no waking up sweating, or staring at my reflection in the mirror.

None of that happened today, and I was so happy.

I walked into the class room after waving goodbye to Jomafu and Jokpa, with Hannah tagging along.

I pushed the door open and stepped into the noisy classroom. I waved and smiled at Sara and Nnadzwa, who did the same and took my seat beside Evan.

It didn't feel right keeping malice with Nnadzwa and Sara, they were my friends after all, so I apologized to them last week, mostly to Nnadzwa. I did open up to them, I told them about the threat notes, but only the threat notes, and I told Noah as well.

"Talk to him, Ejiro." Hannah said, nudging me lightly on my shoulder. I groaned and stared at her.

"Hannah, for the last time, I do not like Evan.". I spat.

"That's the first step, denial. You guys are kinda close now, and you held hands yesterday.".

I stared blankly at Hannah. "Really? I spent up to fifteen minutes telling you what happened after school yesterday and how we had ran out of the class, away from the girl, and you're saying we held hands?!". I scoffed, and she just stared at me and shrugged.

I honestly have no idea why she started this. It began at the beginning of this week. Of course, Hannah had nothing to gist me about, so she probably decided to busy herself by shipping Evan and I, which is annoying by the way.

I spotted Noah walking towards my direction and I felt a nudge in the ribs. I snapped my head at Hannah and glared at her, rubbing my sides. "Ow!"

She ignored me instead, and bit her lower lip as she stared at Noah's figure approaching us. I sighed in annoyance and rolled my eyes.

One didn't need to be told or try to observe, just looking at her alone could reveal her crush on Noah, but yet, he seemed to be oblivious to it.

"Hey." He said, waving at us. Finally, he got closer to our seats and sat on my locker. Just then, a classmate of mine walked in in excitement.

"Teachers are having meeting!" He announced, and scurried into the class.

The class went wild at the announcement. Noah, being Noah, ran to his guy friends as they each did bro hugs and handshakes, and ruffled each other's hair.

I turned to look at Hannah who had her gaze focused on Noah. I covered my mouth and giggled.

Noah came back and sat back on my seat. "How far." He said, then turning to Hannah, he said the same thing and smiled at her.

"I'm good." She said, batting her eyelashes and beaming widely. I mentally made an eye roll.

Nnadzwa and Sara turned their heads around and smiled at me.

"So no teacher. What should we do?" Nnadzwa asked.

"Person, Place, Animal, food, thing." Noah said.

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"It's a game, I don't know the name but that's what I call it at home." Noah shrugged.

"No, that's so boring. I rather read a book." Sara said.

Noah rolled his eyes at her, stood up and walked over to his seat.

I turned my head to see Hannah and Nnadzwa having a conversation. And out of boredom, I rested my head on the locker.

Not too long after, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I thought it would be Noah, but as I brought my head up, a deep frown crept its way to my face.

"Can we talk, outside?" Sharon asked. I raised a brow at her and cast a suspicious eye, but still, she maintained a serious face and a soft gaze.

Sighing, I stood up and followed her out of the classroom. And as I stepped out behind her, I felt someone cast a glare my way, and with my side eye, I could see it was Nora. I rolled my eyes and shut the door behind me.

I turned around to see a nervous Sharon, fiddling with her fingers and I let out a loud scoff, folded my arms and glared at her. I just couldn't help it, I really didn't like her.

"I'm sorry.".

My eyes widened in amusement as a smirk slowly formed on my face. "Really?". I said.

"Look, I know you hate me and all, because I've acted really rude to you, and you friend too." She said, bringing her head down. "I don't even know how to explain myself, but just forgive me. I promise I'm really not like how I appeared to be. I'm the opposite.".

I stood there, staring at her silently and wondering about one thing.

Why the heck was she apologizing?!

The whole thing seemed so confusing, but amusing at the same time. Sharon, aka, 'Proprietress' daughter' had just apologized to me. Nice.

"Well, say something."

I snapped out of my reverie and smiled at her.

"Why are you apologizing?" I asked.

She shrugged and stared at the floor, shoving her hands into her skirt pockets. "I don't know. It just felt like the right thing to do.".

Of course I wasn't going to fall for such an excuse. I was no dummy.

I stretched out my hand for her to shake. "You're forgiven." I smiled. It would be nice not having her as some kind of enemy now that I think about. But of course, I knew something fishy was going on.

The feelings of hands being wrapped around my shoulders pulled me out of my reverie as I stared at Sharon in shock.

I pulled away from the hug and glanced at Sharon. "No hugs." I said, and pulled open the class room door.

I sauntered casually into the classroom, and I quickly observed the unfathomable gazes Nnadzwa, Sara, Hannah, and even Noah sent my way.

On getting to my seat, the three girls pulled me towards the end of Sara's locker and shoved a piece of paper in front of me.

"This is from the anonymous writer, I'm sure of it." Nnadzwa scoffed, pressing her thumb and index finger together in the air to make a 'snap' sound.

"I'm pretty sure the person's lying." Noah said, climbing onto my locker again.

"I'm sure this person's just trying to trap Ejiro." Sara said, rolling her eyes and going back to the book she was reading.

I let out an exaggerated sigh and forcefully pulled away from them. I took the paper away from Hannah and crumbled it. "You guys, because I told you guys about it doesn't mean I want to keep reading those notes. I just want to figure out the person that keeps sending me these notes.".

"But, wouldn't the notes itself help you do that?" Hannah questioned.

"You guys, you gotta think outside the box." Nnadzwa said, tapping Noah's temple.

"Ow!" Noah yelped, glaring at Nnadzwa.

"This person might not even be in this class." She said.

I let out and exasperated sigh and bent her head backwards. "You know, I can just ignore this person." I said.

Nnadzwa collected the note from me and began to read out loud. "You have a step- sister–".

That got my attention. I sat erect and grabbed the note back from Nnadzwa.

I HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT SOMETHING YOU DON'T.

YOU HAVE A STEP- SISTER, WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HER?

ME

~Hunting~

I looked up from the note and stared at the four of them with wide eyes. "The note is incomplete." I voiced out.

"Or maybe she made a mistake and forgot to cancel it." Noah shrugged. Sara did a face palm and Nnadzwa rolled her eyes at him.

"Ejiro, I thought the same too. I don't think the letter's complete. Maybe she wrote the rest in invisible ink." Nnadzwa said, tapping me gently on the shoulder.

I returned my gaze to the note still on my hand.

I think I can do something about that!

                                    •°•°•
I rushed into my bedroom with a candle and a match stick box in my hand, and quickly shut the door.

I had arrived from school about thirty minutes ago, mother was still at work, Jomafu and Jokpa went out with a friend five minutes ago, and Hannah was busy tapping away on her phone.

I lit a matchstick and put the fire, that came out of it, on the tip of the candle. I brought the blank part of the piece of paper over the fire on the candle but still kept it at a safe distance.

I waited impatiently in anticipation, I needed to know more about my 'step sister', even though I still have my doubts about her. After a while, I could see some words becoming visible on the piece of paper.

Ha! It was written in invisible ink!

I blew out the candle and brought the piece of paper closer to my face, to see the writings better. And when I could see it better, I read the words out loud.

"Meet me at the school's indoor swimming pool on Friday. I'll tell you what you want to know.".

                                  •°•°•
I'm suprised I finished writing this chapter sef.

So, what do you guys think of this chapter? If it was boring know that I was sha having writer's block when I wrote this.

So, who do you guys think would be, the hunting?

Sharon?
Nnadzwa?
Sara?
Hannah?
Ejiro's mum?

Hmmm, look closely, I dropped little hints for y'all in different chapters, can't remember the chapters again. Lol.

Bye,
Benzita13😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 2.5K 40
In a Nigerian boarding highschool, things could get pretty hard for a 16 year old introverted-extrovert with a personality disorder. Mayowa Smith, fo...
126K 4.1K 12
Sherlock Holmes was never interested in finding love, that is until he crosses paths with a young woman on her way home from Afghanistan. But there's...
190K 9.4K 55
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€›แ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€™แ€ผแ€ฒแ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธ แ€แ€ผแ€ฐแ€แ€ผแ€ฌแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€•แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€ฐแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ถแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€™แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€”แ€ฑแ€แ€ผ...
896K 79.9K 38
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...