His Breaking Point

By 15ShotoRoki15

**MAY BE SENSITIVE TO READERS** Contains: - depression - PTSD - anxiety/panic attacks - suicidal thoughts - s... More

Introduction
Habits
Encounter
Runaway
Doctor's Visit
Midoriya Household
He Is His Happiness
The Psychiatrist
Funny Feelings
Daddy Issues
A Misunderstanding
From Good to Horrible
Jealousy
Problems Upon Problems
His Last Breath
Ten Years Later

Projects, Love, and Brother Problems

74 3 0
By 15ShotoRoki15

   Shoto walked home with Izuku, Ochako, and Minoru. Shoto mostly ignored his partner but it came almost resistable when Minoru tried to flirt with Ochako. Shoto quickly picked him up by the collar and dragged him along, not letting Minoru touch the ground the entire way. Izuku was going to say something but Ochako got into a deep conversation with him about heroes.

   Sooner or later, the group arrived at Izuku's house. They all sat down at the kitchen table and Shoto managed to sit across from Izuku. Shoto started to play with Izuku's feet and Izuku responded by playing back. Both teams started to work on their projects that they had been assigned by Aizawa. They had to study a villain and then find out background information about them and suggest tactics that could help put down the villain. Shoto and Minoru got Dabi and Ochako and Izuku got Mr. Compress. Izuku showed a lot of excitement for Shoto and Minoru, pointing out the fact that Shoto already knew a lot about Dabi.

   "Wait, you do?" Minoru grinned.

   "He's my eldest brother." Shoto nodded.

   "Awe, sweet! We're totally gonna get A's!" Minoru called out. Shoto rolled his eyes and shook his head as Minoru asked what his real name was.

   "It's Touya."

   "Touya Todoroki? Pft, I would have change my name to something different too." Minoru grinned.

   "Don't talk sh*t about my brother, that's my job." Shoto grumbled, giving Minoru a look. The boy put his hands up and nervously moved his chair further from Shoto.

   After a short amount of time, Shoto had finished with his five facts about his brother's techniques. Minoru was in the process of drawing Dabi and without disturbing him, Shoto made another box and started on his brother's childhood. He put down the information of how and why Dabi became a villain. Shoto made sure to prove that it was mostly his fault, scribbling down that his brother had been jealous of Shoto. He also put down that Dabi had simply just wanted to become a hero but Enji had told him that his dreams were impossible.

   Ochako glanced up from her drawing of Mr. Compress and then saw that Shoto was a little shaky. She watched him with silent eyes and then looked over at Izuku. Whatever she has been thinking, she disregarded it and then complimented Izuku's artwork. They were both drawing Mr. Compress but in two different styles.

   "Oh, thank you, Ochako!" Izuku grinned. He gently kicked Shoto's foot and when he didn't get a response, he looked over at Shoto.

   "You're writing really hard." Minoru pointed out.

   "Shoto?" Ochako asked.

   Shoto didn't hear anyone. He was too lost in memories and he couldn't get out of the thought that Shoto was the reason that Dabi was a villain. He kept scribbling away at the paper but Izuku placed his hand on Shoto's left hand, creating a disturbance. Shoto jumped and he jerked his head up, looking at the three teenagers around him. He swallowed nervously and held the pencil in both hands, apologizing softly and looking down at his writing.

   No one responded but Izuku did stand up and get everyone some water. He then gently rubbed Shoto's shoulder and whispered in his ear that he still wanted to hang out later. Shoto smiled weakly and Izuku sat down in his chair, getting right back to his project. Shoto followed his lead and the other two were forced to pretend like nothing had happened.

   Time grew old and the two guests stayed over for dinner. They then wrapped up their posters and Izuku offered to walk Ochako home since it was dark. Ochako agreed but then asked if she could speak with Shoto. She made it clear she wanted to speak with him alone so the two went outside and walked to the road.

   "Is something wrong, Ochako?" Shoto asked.

   "Well, no, not really. I just, I have to tell you something." Ochako responded.

   "You have my attention."

   "Well so, I've liked Izuku for a while now. Like I really, really like Izuku."

   "Like love?"

   "Yes, like love. I've also been told that he likes me back and—"

   "Oh. You have?" Shoto whispered. His heart plunged and he felt himself grow very dizzy.

   "Yeah. I was also just wondering if you could possibly back away from him? Not actually back away from him, but I've realized you just seem to act like you like him too."

   "Oh. Yeah, I'm sorry." Shoto whispered.

   "If it does make you happier, I did hear that Momo likes you. And she totally hugged you today! You have a chance with her, Shoto."

   "Yeah."

   "But um, could you possibly stop hanging out with Deku so much?"

   "I'll see what I can do."

   "Thanks Shoto! I think I'm actually going to confess to Izuku tonight too! You're the best, Shoto!" Ochako grinned. She hugged Shoto quickly and then pulled away, reminding him about Momo. She then ran inside, a happy smile on her face.

   "But she's not like Izuku." Shoto murmured. He slowly walked back to the house and then sat down at the table, hearing Izuku, Ochako, and Minoru talking.

   "My father is even coming home tomorrow morning! He told me that he really wanted to meet you!" Ochako explained.

   "That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!" Izuku exclaimed. There was joyful laughter and Mrs. Midoriya finally came into the room, spotting Shoto sitting alone at the table. She went to say something but Izuku came into the room with the other two.

   "Shoto, can you take me home since Izuku's taking home Ochako? I'm scared of the dark!" Minoru whined.

   Izuku quickly cut in and went to ask if the two would like to join Ochako and Izuku. Shoto started to agree but saw Ochako's disappointed frown and he retreated, shaking his head. He explained that he was going to swing by his house anyway and grab some pictures of Dabi from when he was younger. Izuku and Ochako approved of his idea and then left.

   Minoru and Shoto started off as well and it took them nearly ten minutes to get to Minoru's house. Shoto texted Izuku and asked if he was doing alright. Not even a minute later, Izuku sent a picture of him and Ochako walking down the street. Shoto went on his camera in his phone and as he passed by closed shops, he finally came to a stop in front of an alleyway. There was a lamp post beside him so he tried to get a good picture of himself.

   Before Shoto could even fix his shirt, he heard a loud whisper from the alleyway beside him. He turned his head and then went to look back at his camera but the voice caught his attention again. They asked for help and Shoto swallowed before he tried to exit out of the camera app. He pocketed his phone and then stepped into the alley, following the voice. He didn't get very far and then he saw a man laying on the ground, holding his chest.

   Shoto quickly bent down to him, asking if he was alright. That's when Shoto was roughly grabbed by the hair and he was yanked to his feet. An audible gasp was present and Shoto tried to break free. That's when he saw a man emerge with green eyes. Shoto looked down at the ground and saw the man with orange eyes stand up. Horror broke out and he went to scream for help but the orange-eyed man put his hand over his mouth.

   "You use that precious little quirk of yours and I'll hurt you worse than last time. Got that?" The man asked.

   Shoto was too horrified to even remember how to use his quirk. His hands were both held up above his head and Shoto desperately tried to plead himself out of the situation. It was hopeless though and the men ripped open Shoto's shirt and started for his pants. Shoto's head was roughly adverted from the green-eyed male and the one that was holding him, forced a kiss on Shoto. Once Shoto's pants were being pulled down past his thighs, a voice broke out, cold and raspy.

   "It scares me to know that you three dumba**es really chose this boy to r*pe."

   "Who's there?" The orange-eyed man asked.

   "You move at all and we won't give you time to explain." A smoother and less intimidating voice soothed.

   "I love blood." A feminine voice giggled.

   "I love blood! Hate it..." A voice countered.

   "D*mn idiots." A huff responded.

   "Sir, stay behind." A deeper, echoey voice warned.

   "Don't tell me what to do!" The person called sir responded.

   From what Shoto could make out, he saw a male standing slightly more forward than the other people. He supposed it was a gang and Shoto looked up at the man still holding him. His lips were inches from Shoto's and the sudden urge to vomit fell over him. Gagging, Shoto tugged on his arms and coughed.

   "Let him go." The raspy voice demanded. Shoto was dropped and he quickly crawled to the wall and threw up. He didn't have time to fix his shirt or pull up his pants.

   "Who are you guys?" One of the men asked. The first man with the raspy voice held up a blue flame. Shoto breathed heavily as he raised his head and stared up at his brother.

   "What the h*ll did you three do to my little brother? Hm?" Dabi hummed.

   "Dabi, oh sh*t!" The orange-eyed man cursed.

   "He's your brother?"

   "Answer my question or I'll burn you all."

   The men scrambled for an explanation and while they struggled to find one, Toga walked over to Shoto and gently pulled him up. Shoto's pants slipped past his knees and he started to cry harder than he had already had been. Toga glanced back at Dabi and then Twice picked up Shoto's dropped phone. He saw that it was recording and he filmed the encounter with Dabi and the men. Shigaraki leaned against the wall beside Shoto and told him that they weren't going to do anything to him. With that promise, Shoto yanked his pants up and looked at his phone in Twice's hands.

   "Shoto, since these babbling b**ches can't tell me what they did to you, speak." Dabi ordered.

   "Uh—" Shoto started. He sniffled and put the back of his hand over his mouth and nose, ashamed for crying and vomiting.

   "I'm getting impatient. Tell me what they did to you or they go bye bye."

   Shoto spat the entire story out, not even starting with the men. He started from when he had run into Dabi, and he ended up finishing the story from where he was now. It all took eight minutes to explain but everyone had listened to the entire thing. When Shoto had finished his story, Dabi grabbed his brother by the arm and then grabbed his phone from Twice's hand.

   Dabi walked Shoto out of the alley and Mr. Compress followed after him. Shoto pocketed his phone and Dabi stuffed his hands in his pockets as he walked beside his brother. No one said anything for a few minutes but then there was a loud scream and Dabi chuckled, looking at Mr. Compress who only smiled back. Shoto bowed his head in disgust and made up more time for him to think. He didnt know what to think about but he knew he had to think. It was the only option to get himself away from the screams.

   "Where are we taking you, Shoh*e?" Dabi finally asked.

   "Home."

   "Gotcha." Dabi nodded. He steered his brother and Mr. Compress down an alley.

   After a few nervous minutes of silence, Shoto spoke up and asked why Dabi had saved him. Dabi didn't answer him so Shoto asked again and Mr. Compress looked over at Dabi. Again, Shoto didn't get a response so he stopped.

   "You are a b**ch." Dabi stated, turning around and stopping a few steps in front of his brother.

   "Why?"

   "Cause I'm a good brother."

   "No, you're not."

   "Uh, rude." Mr. Compress mumbled. He elbowed Shoto in the side.

   "Fine. I helped you because you helped me. Hawks let me go and I heard from him that you got in trouble and ran away. Happy? Good, let's go." Dabi snapped.

   Dabi grabbed Shoto by the forearm and dragged him along, not caring how loud his brother begged him to let go. Mr. Compress finally got sick of his begging and he told Dabi to knock it off. Dabi let go of him and Shoto checked his arm, trying to see if any old cuts had opened. They hadn't and Shoto pulled his sleeve back into place, deciding he was going to be silent.

   The group took a few extra minutes to get to the house but Dabi still made it a shortcut. He stood at the end of the driveway and Mr. Compress stood beside him. He pulled his mask off for the first time and he gave Shoto a small, relaxed grin. Dabi waited for Shoto to leave and walk up to the house but he just stared at his brother.

   "Go." Dabi told him, gesturing to the house.

   Shoto looked over at the house and then he slowly stepped towards Dabi and did something neither villain expected. Dabi had expected maybe a short phrase like thanks or bye but instead, Shoto hugged him and then backed away. Shoto practically jogged to the house, he was walking too fast. His mind was panicking and he didn't know if a hug was the right approach to Dabi. He decided he didn't care and he quickly went up to his room and found a few pictures. He pocketed them and then turned to his dresser, seeing the closed box.

   The temptations were too strong and with what Shoto had just dealt with, he ended up taking four cigarettes. He then closed the box and left the house, saying goodbye to Fuyumi and Natsuo. Natsuo caught him by the collar though and Shoto cursed himself out mentally.

   "I sent a text to you and Izuku. Tomorrow you have an after school addictions psychiatrist appointment. I already gave them some insight but I want you to be honest with this doctor. Okay?"

   "Okay." Shoto agreed.

   "And you also have therapy after school on Friday at 16:00." Natsuo told him. Shoto shook his head but mumbled an agreement.

   "Okay." Shoto nodded. Natsuo smiled snd then lowered his voice, bringing Shoto closer.

   "I'll let this slide, I know you have four cigarettes on you. These are your last ones, you understand me? If I catch you with even one, Mom, Fuyumi, and I decided that you will end up being in a hospital until you no longer are addicted. And you don't want to miss out on UA or Izuku, right?" Natsuo whispered.

   Shoto swallowed nervously, not understanding how he knew that Shoto had four cigarettes. Shoto nodded though and Natsuo sent him off. Once outside, Shoto lit a cigarette and he stuck it between his lips, quickly hurrying away. He started for Izuku's house again and his nerves settled until a hand landed on his shoulder. He jumped and flung himself around, staring at Dabi and Mr. Compress.

   "Smoking a joint?" Dabi scoffed. He pulled the cigarette away and burned it to ashes.

   "Touya!" Shoto growled.

   "Touya!" Dabi mocked.

   "Go away, I already thanked you. I don't need your help."

   Dabi watched Shoto pull out another cigarette. He lit it and then Mr. Compress snapped it in half. Shoto got agitated and he shoved Dabi, then running ahead and pulling out his third cigarette. He smoked it and watched the two villains glare at him. Shoto relaxed again but he pulled the fourth cigarette out and smoked that one too. Once he done, he looked at his brother and let them join his side again.

   Dabi and Shoto held tensions with each other but Mr. Compress asked how Shoto was doing and what he was learning in school. Shoto only explained that he had a project on Dabi. Dabi perked up and asked all sorts of questions. Shoto explained that he had to write down why Dabi became a villain and he further explained his answer. Dabi shook his head and stopped his brother immediately.

   "Yeah, I was jealous of you. That wasn't my full intent to become a villain though. Enji was my main reason. I nearly killed myself trying to prove to him that I could be someone I wasn't. And when I realized I was still alive, I ditched that b**ch. I realized I couldn't become a hero so because of Enji's stupid face and his idiotic words, I became who I am now. A villain. Dabi." Dabi quickly said, huffing in annoyance when he finished.

   "So, I was wrong?" Shoto asked.

   "Too wrong." Mr. Compress insisted.

   "Wait, now that I realize—" Shoto started, stopping. He looked at the two villains.

   "Hm?" The two hummed.

   "Why am I even talking to you two? You guys are villains and I'm a UA student."

   "Well you could always join the darkside." Mr. Compress offered, shrugging.

   "Don't encourage him! You're not joining any darkside and if you do, I'm gonna beat your a**. Carry on your dreams of becoming a hero. Get out of this hole you dug for yourself. Get the help Natsuo and that broccoli headed kid are offering you. You dare think about becoming a villain and I swear, Shoto, I will beat your a**." Dabi growled, grabbing Shoto by the collar.

   "Alright, alright." Shoto repeated. Dabi shoved him away and stormed forward. Mr. Compress gave him an apologetic look and then the three were silent the rest of the walk.

   When the three did come up to Izuku's house, they saw Izuku desperately pacing the yard. He was freaking out and Dabi grabbed Mr. Compress and barreled them into the ground. Dabi said goodbye to his brother and Shoto walked forward, calling out Izuku's name. Izuku whipped around, dropped his phone, and ran at Shoto, hugging him tightly and crying into his shoulder.

   "I thought you were hurt! You weren't picking up your phone—"

   "It's okay." Shoto interrupted. He rocked Izuku side to side and hushed him, hugging him. He had forgotten about his promise with Ochako.

   "Why were you gone so long?" Izuku sniffled as Shoto wiped his tears away.

   "I'll explain everything once we get inside," Shoto whispered, "and we're still on for hanging out?"

   "My room with a movie and tons of blankets?" Izuku asked.

   "Couldn't sound any better." Shoto agreed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34K 2.3K 69
[Please spare your eyes the agony of reading this abomination of a story. I wrote this forever ago and had no idea what I was doing.] Empty. Shoto To...
19K 258 10
Angst. Lots and lots of angst. If you're sensitive to depression, self harm or suicide, then please do not read this. I put my random TodoDeku though...
189K 5.1K 35
Todoroki is dealing with an abusive father all by himself until one day his injuries are too much and he needs help from his classmate Katsuki Bakugo...
15.1K 610 17
Shoto Todoroki is beloved by adversity. Although he struggled with depression most of his life, Endeavor's abuse only augmented the agony of fighting...