The Banished Guardian

Autorstwa Gry167

Gryphon Light... An old Guardian that's been around since the Traveller's first contact with humanity. Kille... Więcej

Chapter 1: Mountain of Darkness
Chapter 2: The Locals
Chapter 3: Emergency Exit
Chapter 4: A Deal Struck
Chapter 5: Chaos on the Highway
Chapter 6: The New Plan
Chapter 7: Old Vendettas
Chapter 8: Field Trip
Chapter 9: My Name Is...
Chapter 10: Of Light and Darkness
Chapter 11: Beaconfall - Pt. 1
Chapter 12: Beaconfall - Pt. 2
Chapter 13: New Sun Rising - Old Flower Blooming - Red Rose Blackened
Chapter 14: Convergence of Light
Chapter 15: Den of Wolves
Chapter 16: Reunions...for Better or Worse
Chapter 17: What's Cruelest? The World or It's People?
Chapter 18: Trick Question...
Chapter 19: Constriction, Confusion, Communion
Chapter 20: A New Nightmare Awakens
Chapter 21: The Torments of the Past
Chapter 22: Lingering Dread/Regret
Chapter 23: Absolution
Chapter 24: Reunion and Resolution
Chapter 25: Reaching Safe Harbor
Chapter 26: Conspiracy
Addendum 1: Character Themes
Chapter 27: Clash of Beasts
Chapter 28: A Hammer in a Room Full of Nails
Rewrite

Prologue: Banished...

8.1K 79 93
Autorstwa Gry167

He didn't stay until the end of the "hearing". He already knew how that was going to end.

Sure, killing another Guardian is wrong. But, there should be an exception when they're trying to sell the Tower's plans to Red Legion Remnants. Now he was going to be exiled for saving everyone's asses? If Cayde were still around then this wouldn't be happening...

A Titan in crimson armor picks up a large box filled with supplies and guns and carried them into his ship, Constellation Tracer.

They were right to be wary of him. I mean, fusing Light with Hive Magic, It may have scrambled the way his light works, but he can use remixed versions of every Class' Supers.

The Titan came out of the ship's cargo to grab another crate when he spotted a familiar figure. A fellow scholar when it came to the hive and their secrets, Eris Morn.

Gryphon: Come to see me off?

His tone was low and aggressive but not directed at her, at the Vanguard and their irrational choice.

Eris: Hardly.

A wry chuckle escaped his lips as he lifted another crate, causing a gun to tumble out and be caught by Eris herself.

She looks at the weapon for a moment before putting it back in the crate.

Eris: What comes next for you? You've achieved too much to simply...disappear.

He placed the crate down with a thump and sat on it as she came up the ramp to stand in front of him.

Gryphon: I've got something in the works...it'll be one hell of a fireworks show.

He couldn't see it but he could feel Eris glaring at him. The thought of him throwing away his life, the life of someone she had become close to despite all her warnings and efforts not to, it angered her.

Eris: So you'll kill yourself fighting some impossible enemy? I had thought you smarter than this...

Gryphon: Who said anything about dying? They're going to need me when The Witness finally shows up. Since things have calmed down and our worst enemy is far from our solar system, I was planning on taking a vacation anyway. Who knows, maybe I'll find another god to kill while I'm out there.

Her expression calmed, she gave him a tired look as she messed with the orb floating above her palm.

Eris: Honestly...it is impossible to understand you...

He chuckles at her again before standing and beckoning for her to follow as he walked over to a much larger crate. He pushed the crate open slightly and Eris caught a glimpse of a large shard of The Traveler as Gryphon pulled a key-like hive artifact and handed it to her. Eris recognized it instantly.

Eris: A Throne World key?! How?!

Gryphon: With the help of the Coven. A special detachment of Witches serving Savathun were all over the Dreadnaught. They led me right to it.

Oryx left behind many priceless relics when he died. The rest of the guardians were more interested in the firearms while Gryphon clawed his way deep into the Dreadnaught and stole many an artifact. Including the title, 'Taken King'.

Gryphon: It's time for me to go. Tell the rest of the Syndicate that we'll keep in touch.

Eris: I wish you well on your..."Vacation".

Gryphon: And I wish you well dealing with Ikora on your own.

She almost laughed. Almost.

The Hive-touched Hunter leaves the ship with the key in hand. She turns around as the ship's ramp lifts up to see him removing his helmet.

He smiles at her before being obscured by the ship. She turned and walked away as the ship rose up into the air and shot out of the Tower Hanger.

[File Name: The Syndicate]
[Requesting Access].......granted.
[Opening File].....success.
|"The Syndicate". It was decided a long time ago that the Vanguard didn't have the stomach to do what was necessary. A group of individuals that come from all parts of the solar system to form a secret society of people who were skilled at working in the background, each going by a code name in case they are discovered.|

|Regent||Kestrel||Mage||A-I-||Jumper||Sister||Heir||Leader||Blacksmith||Enforcer|

—Symbol of "The Syndicate"—

—Regent
[Locking File]....

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

He had made a few stops before landing outside of the ominous triangle crashed in Savathun's Throne World.

—He picked up a few 'Packages' from Rasputin's bunkers. Vex Teleporters, lots of them.

—He dropped his personal things off in a safe house.

—He picked up some Black Armory foundry parts and blueprints from a Syndicate Dead Drop.

—and he had a long 'Farewell' with Petra Venj.

As he placed the last Teleporter his 'Ghost' appeared. A shell made of jagged white bones the moved eerily, as if they were still alive, surrounding a blue crystal orb, Riven's eye.

[Loading File: Ahamkara Ghost]....
[Requesting Access].....granted.
[Opening File]......Success.
|An Ahamkara's soul works very strangely. Their soul remains in every single part of their body, animating that part as if it were it's own Ahamkara. Meaning, no matter how much of an Ahamkara you have, they will grant your wish if you ask. They can even possess items made from their bones.|

—Regent
[Locking File].....

Riven: O Guardian Mine, will you finally use it?

Gryphon turned to his partner, knowing she was referring to the 'Subclass' given to him as a condition of his second life.

Gryphon: Stop fussing, I'll use it. It's just dangerous.

Riven: Less dangerous than Hive Magic.

Gryphon: Still dangerous.

The ghost floats in front of his face, lacking the ability to convey an upset expression.

Riven: We've been together for centuries, since I saved you from death. You wandered the Dreaming City, Lightless, for years until you found my voice again. You created a Ghost from my bones and regained your Light. I thought you trusted me?

The Teleporter whirred to life as he looked into the Ahamkara's eye.

Gryphon: It's not that I don't trust you, but using a Hammer of Sol made entirely of Ahamkara bones...did you know that the whispers get louder every time I use it? Crayons don't fix that.

The Ghost lets out an exasperated sigh.

Riven: You continue to make that joke, even though you don't eat "Rations" like the rest of the Titans do.

Gryphon: Eh, it's just funny to say.

He stood up and walked towards the entrance of the Pyramid as a Hand Cannon transmats into his grasp and a Auto Rifle appears on his back.

He loads the hand cannon with experienced speed as his ghost floats towards the door and scans it with a blue cone of light.

Riven: Forget it. This will take too long.

Gryphon takes a few steps back as purple wisps of void energy float into the shell of the ghost. It glows brightly before expelling a beam of Void Light she uses to cut open the entrance. She disappears in a shimmer of blue light and speaks to Gryphon through his helmet as he holsters Fang.

Riven: Get ready, that's going to draw a lot of attention! Scorn incoming!

Gryphon: Perfect.

Solar Light erupts around him and coats his body as a hammer manifests in his hand. An army of voices assault his ears as he wields the living weapon.

Gryphon ignored the voices and marches onward into the what may be his final Raid.

|>—>—>7 Hours Later<—<—<|

Humans were incapable of wielding power of this magnitude. The Light was not capable of overpowering The Darkness like this. But how?! To fuse The Light with Hive Soulfire like this would be against their primitive principles.

The eerie song of rattling chains rang through the sanctum. Emerald green Soulfire flames litter the ground of Rhulk's sanctum. Scars on the ground pulse with Hive Light. The Lubraeian, Rhulk, dodged backwards as chains made of hive magic slam down and barely miss him. Gashes and scars litter his body, all of them burning with hive corrosion. The Disciple retaliated with a swing of his glaive to be met and counted by the hive chains again before receiving a slash across the chest. The dark discipline falls to his knee, dropping his glaive with a pained shudder as the chains disappear. Gryphon stands in front of him, with the glaive between them both.

[Loading File: Subclass–Tormentor]
[Requesting Access]....high restrictions.
[Opening File]....Success.
The Arc Hunter Subclass fused with powerful hive corrosion magic. Discovered by ––––– in the ——————— pit of –––––. Mage was both impressed and furious when — ———————————— it. All of the —————————— Subclasses are capable of ———— —————. Use with caution.

—Image of Tormentor Subclass–

—Regent
[Locking File]....

This Guardian...Rhulk couldn't help but feel as if he was looking into a mirror when staring into the fierce gaze directed at him through the broken helmet. He would make an excellent disciple...if he could combine Light and hive magic...could he combine Light...and Darkness?

Rhulk: How...?

He remained quiet.

Rhulk: Harnessing Light...and hive magics is impossible...they reject each other...

He shook his head.

Gryphon: Not reject. Subjugate.

Subjugation?

Gryphon: The hive can capture Light, the Light can do the same. Though, no one's ever tried that. Except me. The rest of the Guardians are too...closed minded. They don't have enough faith that the Light will keep them from being corrupted.

Rhulk: You rely on...faith? Foolish...

Gryphon: Perhaps...but it has yet to fail me. So long as a plan ahead anyway...

On cue, the entire pyramid shook violently.

Gryphon: Speaking of plan...

Rhulk looks around as everything begins to shake and fall apart. He looks to Gryphon with rage piercing his voice and anger in his three remaining eyes.

Rhulk: YOU! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

Soulfire began to surround his body again as he let out a chuckle.

Gryphon: That's the sound of several Vex teleporters priming themselves to send this entire place to an unknown part of the Galaxy.

Rhulk roared as he rearmed himself with his glaive wreathed in darkness and lifted it to swing down on Gryphon. Gryphon drew his arm back as if to throw a javelin and as he did, a Soulfire Lance manifested in his hand.

Their attacks clashed with a tremendous explosion that destroyed the sanctum they were inside.

Outside the pyramid, Vex matrices encompass the entirety of the structure and his ship before disappearing in a brilliant flash of light.

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

Another quiet morning at Beacon Academy.

The headmaster wonders what malign work may have been done in the shadows while he slept. Not that his sleep was at all peaceful, She made sure of that.

Standing in front of his office window, Ozpin took a sip of his morning cocoa hoping today would pass by peaceably.

On cue, a flash of light occurred above Mountain Glenn in the distance. The light formed a triangular wormhole with a shockwave powerful enough to be felt around the world.

Out of that wormhole came a pitch black triangular vessel that crashed and imbedded itself into the mountain itself, effectively replacing it's peak. If it was that large, surely anyone and everyone felt that shockwave.

There goes a peaceful day...

|>—>—>—>-<—<—<—<|

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.6K 35 15
From the methane seas of Titan, the Lucent Hive have managed to resurrect the dead body of Oryx, the Taken King. After being guided to Savathûn's Thr...
57.9K 859 21
A God, a being that has traveled throughout the entire multiverse and several planes of existence, a being that has surpassed everyone he has met, a...
55 2 24
Synopsis: How far would you go to save your people, and what price would you pay to fulfill your destiny? Gribble, a weak and bullied young goblin, d...
1K 370 14
A Destiny 2 fanfiction. Part 1: New Light. When the Traveler arrived, a spherical deity with paracausal powers known as the Light, humanity prospered...