A girl name HOPE

By thewryter09

I just hope that there's sunshine after the rain... More

1. Rainy days
2. Think its a game
3. Naked
4. Life's good
5. Keep ya head up
6. Humble
7. Jobs
8.Smoking Gun
9. Cant judge her.
10. Cold gangsta
11. Ready for war
12.Dont take it personal
13.
14. Triggered
15. Out my business
16
17.
18. Hoes like
19. Do we have a problem
20. The Truth
21. Million dollar thoughts
22. Complicated
23.
24
25. Rockstar
26. My life
27
28
29. Enemies Girlfriend
30. Rap freaks
31. Super Gremlin
32
33
34
35
36
37. Butterflies
38 Bogus Charms
39
40
41.
42. How to Love
43.Feel the same way
44. Turnest Nigga in the city
45.
46.
47.
48.
49. Who want smoke with us
50. Boyz in the hood
51. That's how you like it
52. Hrs & Hrs
53.
54
55
57. 3 headed goat
58. Love cycle
59. Like a man
60. Ride
61. Bonnie and Clyde
62 Through the Storm
63 Love you I do
64.
65 how the game go
66.
67
68
69

56.

199 10 0
By thewryter09

(Excuse any mistakes)

Hope

I had a week out of school and today was my last day. I also took a paid vacation off from work. I didn't even have any plans I just knew I needed a break from the two. Me, Legend and Genesis were sitting in the living room watching the first 48.

These Niggas really get in that room and fold, that shit so upsetting.

Some of the quote on quote realist and toughest niggas always do Legend said agreeing with him.

I don't even wanna talk, get my lawyer on the line. I ain't even telling they asses my name. I can see me now, please state your name for the recording, me " Lawyer ", them, where were you on such and such day at this time, me " lawyer".

Genesis you really got a problem I told him laughing. We all continued to watch tv. Genesis phone rung and he started having a conversation with whoever called.

You don't see us watching tv? Take yo phone call in the kitchen or something Legend told him. He smacked his lips and got up then left out the living room.

Legend positioned hisself on the couch and laid his head in my lap.

It's time for a retwist I told him as I ran my hands through his dreads, and you need to do something with this color.

Alright damn, what else?

I couldn't help but laugh, I wasn't saying it like that.

All I was trying to do was lay down and yo ass got to going.

Omg shut up.

Yo birthday in a few days, you still haven't decided what you wanna do?

No, I've never been big on celebrating my birthday for real, I just know I wanna do something simple and nice with you. Nothing over the top.

We can do that, but you know whatever the millionaire in there wanna do he gone want you to be apart of it, and ain't shit ever simple with him. That nigga think his birthday a national holiday.

Yea I remember his party last year. It was so many people there I couldn't believe it.

His parties been like that since he was 14.

Yea he right here hold on Genesis said passing Legend the phone.

He continued to lay in my lap as he talked on the phone.

Straight up?

Hell yea that sound like what we all need and it's perfect because my girl and G birthday this weekend.

Aight bet, I'll let him know.

Legend passed Genesis back the phone then sat up.

You wanna go to LA for your birthday?

LA are you serious?

Yea, that was just East, they wanna fly all of us out, he said Mook and Rico both come in town tomorrow, he opening up a lil spot out there and want us to come.

Hell yea I wanna go I told him excited as hell. I've never in my life been outside of Maryland. When does he want us to come?

Tomorrow night.

That mean we gotta look up flights, try and go shopping the whole 9.

Nah he said Ali got a private Jet, he gone send the time and other details to G, and we can go shopping there. Call Lauren and see if she down.

I grabbed my phone then went upstairs to call Lauren. She answered on the third ring.

Hey love what's up?

Nothing what you doing?

Fixing me and Lennox something to eat.

You and Lennox, y'all back good?

It's a long story, but for the most part I guess. He's been over here for the last 3 days.

That's what's up, but Ali and East want to fly all of us out to LA tomorrow night on Ali's private jet. Are y'all down?

Hell yea, well I know I am, I don't too much know about Lennox.

Convince him to come. You know it's me and Genesis's birthday weekend. Sunny skies and fresh air is what we all need.

I'll ask him then text you and let you know what he says.

Ok let me know.

Alright.

I hung up the phone and Legend walked in the room.

You call Lo?

Yea, I just got off the phone with her, she's down she's going to see if Lennox wants to go. She's about to ask him and see what he says.

She back talking to him.

Yea, he's been at her house for the last three days.

Oh straight up?

Yea, what's the issue?

There isn't one. Me and G bouta go to Regina's I'll be back.

I've met your father and his wife, but I still have yet to meet her.

I guess you'll meet her when the time is right.

Why not right now?

Nah.

So I'm not worth meeting your mom?

I never said that. I just never let Regina into my personal world. That ain't the type of relationship we got.

But I thought you said you all were getting better and trying to build a bond.

We are.

Sooooo, why not let me meet her?

Alright Hope damn, come on.

I changed my pants and put on some shoes. Legend drove because he said Genesis didn't know how to visit for a few then move around. He said every time they went over Regina's Genesis would wanna stay for hours and he wasn't doing that.

We pulled up to their moms house and got out the car, then went in.

Big fella what you doing over here with my mama, y'all bet not be tryna rekindle no old flames I'm not having it Genesis told their mom and some man whom I'm sure was Genesis's father.

They grown as hell shut up Legend told him dapping up Genesis's dad and only speaking to Regina.

I take it your Hope she said walking over towards me.

Yea, I told her slightly smiling.

Well I'm Regina, nice to finally meet you.

Same here Ms.Regina, I've been trying to get your son to introduce us for a while.

If it was up to him it would never happen. Legend doesn't like me to be involved with anything that means something to him.

Well he can hang that up. We're meeting now.

A girl with her own mind, I love that. We can't let these men think they run everything.

Not at all.

We ended up spending hours at Regina house. I guess Legend didn't mind because he was occupied with the guys watching tv while I helped Ms.Regina cook.

What did you say your mothers name was again?

Hailey Anderson.

Thats crazy that I don't know any Haileys. I've been in Baltimore all my life and I know people from the west to the east, even up north and out south.

My mom was a homebody, she even worked from home when I was younger. She got married and it was still the same thing.

What's your fathers name?

I don't know I never met him, it was always just me and my mom until she met Julian then married him.

Hell I don't know a Julian neither.

Julian is from St.Louis if I'm not mistaken, he moved out here for work. My moms people are from Dallas.

How did she end up here?

Honestly I don't know.

Me and Ms.Regina continued to talk about random things, we all ate dinner and I watched as they played cards. Her and Legend literally won every game. They made a good team but I would never tell him that because knowing him he might get mad. It was almost 10 and we were just now leaving. Legend had to stop and get some weed from his friend Ant then we headed home. Once we got there we took a shower which led to sex and we were now laying down watching tv.

My phone vibrated so I picked it up and saw that it was a text from Lauren

It took some convincing but he agreed to go. Did Legend or Genesis say what time we were leaving?

Yea, tomorrow night at 8.

Ok see y'all tomorrow.

Ok good night.

That was Lauren, she said Lennox agreed to go.

Aight.

My phone vibrated again but this time is was Genesis.

Did you ever find a decorator?

Yes, I'll screenshot her page and send it to you.

Nah handle all that, just let me know how much.

Ok

I put my phone on the charger then got comfortable.

I like your moms, she's very blunt but she's cool and down to earth.

Yea she aight.

I really pray that y'all find peace with one another. I would kill to still have my mom here.

Me and Regina gone always have that love hate bond. It just is what it is. We've learned to adapt and just accept it for what it is.

I really hate that you call her Regina.

What else am I suppose to call her?

How about what other normal people call their mothers. Ma, mama, mommy you know the names that all kids call their mother.

We ain't normal. I ain't called that lady mama in over 10 years. When we have kids imma teach them to call you Hope.

Just know that you and yo kids both gone get popped in y'all mouths.

Yo ass bet not put yo hands on shit that come from my nut sack.

Boy what?

I'm dead ass, my pops never whooped me nor did Regina. So I ain't letting nobody whoop my kids, not even me.

That explains everything. That's why your so messed up, they never whooped yo ass.

What does whooping kids really do?

It teaches them discipline. And considering the fact my kids will have your blood and have a uncle like Genesis, I just know they gone be bad which means they gone need them butts tapped.

That ain't gone solve shit. Imma talk to mine and let them know exactly where they messed up at. Then imma explain to them not to do the shit again.

And when all that fails and they still do it again then what?

Then you give out punishments and take things away from them that will hurt them and make them learn their lesson. I'll never forget I got in trouble in school one time, I was in the 5th grade tryna be the class clown and shit. Cracking jokes on the teacher and made her cry, then i stated mocking her and put on a baby voice and everything. Do you know my pops went out and brought me all kinds of Bob the builder, and Lion king jogging suit with the gym shoes to match and made me wear that shit to school for a month. The kids clowned me so bad and called me a baby and everything. I was sick ass hell. But I leaned my lesson and never did no shit like that again. Then one time he took my play station, Hope I swear on my life I thought I was gone die, I was having trouble breathing and everything.

I couldn't believe him right now, I had tears in my eyes from how hard I was laughing.

You think it's funny but it wasn't. I was 10 battling depression. I would rather he had whooped my ass then did that type of shit. So trust me whooping on a kid ain't the answer.

Because you got parenting all figured out.

Nah, but it can't be that hard. Love provide for and protect what you created, it's just that simple. I want my kids to grow up in a house with both they parents, all that two parents house hold shit ain't it. Kids be needing stability. They need that love and nurturing from their mothers, and they need that sternness and honesty from their fathers. Separating the two most of the times mess up the kids, look at me and G.

But let's be real Legend, it doesn't always work like that, and sometimes a two parent household is the only option that's left. I know I'll love my kids to death and do anything to make them happy. But faking it and trying to be a family with their father when I know it's probably not what's best won't cut it for me. Me and mine will be gone and they'll see daddy on the weekends.

Oh who you having kids with?

Stop playing with me.

Yo ass can't be having them by me talking about they'll see daddy on the weekends, if anything they'll be seeing yo ass on the weekends, and for 2 weeks in the summer, you can get them on Martin Luther king birthday, Labor Day and Veterans Day, that's about it.

Your really special in the head you know that?

And the head you be giving me make me feel so special, so come on.

On that note, good night.

You doing that again?

Yup.

Sayless.

I was trying my hardest not to laugh so I turned over.

Legend was livid, he was mumbling all kinds of smart stuff under his breath.

I'm just playing come on I said grabbing at his shorts but he smacked my hand.

If you touch me again imma drag yo ass the way Ike drug Anna Mae down that hallway when she told him all his music sound the same.

You are so damn extra.

Whatever he said turning over.

I laid back down and scooted as close as I could next to him.

Get yo damn ass off my back.

I didn't move an inch, I closed my eyes and pictured the palm trees in LA, I was beyond excited. Eventually sleep took over my body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 6.7K 16
𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘤 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯' 𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯' 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘩 𝘭𝘪𝘤
5.5K 115 21
I choose this life but ma heart choose you.........
6.1K 255 12
Maybe this is a love story. Sequel to "don't wanna rush."