RACE 2 - Max Verstappen

By ness_is_here

||completed|| "Maybe, just maybe they will figure out a way to stay together." Max Verstappen x Daniella Mi... More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
SEQUEL
ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

32

12.5K 306 138
By ness_is_here

After spending two days with her family Daniella went to Monaco, to finally settle into her new house and from the very second she stepped in it felt like a home to her. She received a few housewarming gifts from her friends residing there but also an uninvited guest who moved to Monaco. 

"Put your legs down," Daniella sternly said to Lando, scolding him for putting his legs up on the coffee table. 

Lando immediately removed his legs from the table but lifted them up on the couch as he sat back comfortably. 

"Where did you buy this?" Lando asked as he examined the comfort of the brand new couch. "I have never sat on anything so comfortable," He bounced a bit like a little kid. 

"My interior designer helped me buy it," Daniella replied, not paying much attention to her friend as she was busy replying to some emails on her laptop. 

"Five people can easily sleep here," Lando commented. "Now I want a couch like this…"

"I will be happy to give you the phone number of the guy who made it for me," Daniella said, but she was typing an email at the same time. 

"In that case, can you also give me the phone numbers of the places where you bought that bath tub from, and the bed, and…"

Before he could finish the sentence the doorbell rang, interrupting his list of requests. 

Daniella looked up from her laptop and was about to go open the door. 

"I got it," Lando said, as if it was his own house. 

"You do know that this is not your house, right?" Daniella sarcastically asked. 

"Yeah but you know that I will spend half my time here, right?" Lando shot her a sarcastic smile. 

Daniella gave him the finger and Lando pretended to feel offended before opening the door. 

"Ahh! Look who is here, another uninvited guest," Lando smiled as Max walked in. 

Daniella put away her laptop and stood up, a warm welcoming yet happy smile on her face. 

Her smile got bigger when she noticed the flowers in Max's hand. 

"Are you going to scold him too just like you scolded me for coming over unannounced?" Lando asked as he closed the door. 

"Why would I scold him?" Daniella asked as her smile got brighter. "Are those for me?" She pointed at the flowers in Max's hand. 

"Ummm yeah," Max awkwardly said as he extended the flowers to Daniella. 

She happily took it and carefully touched a few petals. 

"I umm… I didn't know what to give you for a housewarming gift because you already have everything and…I called mom and she said I should at least give you flowers," He said honestly. 

"Lame," Lando commented as he walked past them. 

"Shut up!" Daniella glared at him. "These are beautiful," She smiled at Max, genuinely liking the flowers. 

Max felt a little relief, he knows Daniella doesn't care much about gifts but still he hoped she liked it. 

"It's nothing really…" Max shrugged, trying to play it cool. 

Daniella went to put the flowers in an empty crystal vase. After setting the vase in her desired place she noticed a note attached to the flowers, congratulating in her new house. She noticed the familiar handwriting on the small note and ran her thumb through it. Of course it's Max's handwriting but for some reason she feels like she has seen it somewhere else or that it's similar to someone else but can't put her finger on it. 

She decided to shrug it off and went to join Max and Lando. Lando was trying to give Max a tour of the house. 

"He has already seen the house Lando," Daniella said to her friend. 

"Oh…well never mind then," Lando shrugged. 

"I have to get going now," Max said as he looked at Daniella. 

"What? You only just arrived," Daniella voiced her disappointment. 

"Yeah but I… " Max looked at Lando who was busy with his phone. "Actually I need to talk to you about something."

"What is it?" Daniella asked. 

"Can we talk in private?" Max requested, which immediately caught Lando's attention. 

"Just pretend I am not here," The McLaren driver said but Daniella knows him better. 

"I will walk you out and we can talk?" Daniella suggested. 

"Yeah perfect," Max replied. 

Lando was about to get up and join his friends but Daniella stopped him. 

"You stay here," Daniella sternly said. 

"But.." Lando tried to protest but one glare from Max stopped him from joining them. 

Daniella and Max walked out towards his car, a brief moment of silence between them. 

"So what is it…"

"Please don't kill me but my mom thinks we are dating," Max said. 

"What? Why?" Daniella asked. "Max, what did you do now?"

"I did nothing," Max defended himself. "It's just… I didn't tell my mom that Kelly and I broke up and the other day she called but I was busy so she called Kelly and…"

Daniella sighed and pressed the bridge of her nose, her mind trying to process everything. 

"You didn't correct the confusion with your mom?"

"I didn't get the chance… and she seemed so happy when she heard you and I are dating," Max replied. 

"Why would she be happy?" Daniella was on the verge of having her head blown up. 

"She thinks we are perfect together," Max cringed at his own words, mentally scolding himself for the mess he has created. 

"Why would she think that?" Daniella cringed as well. "Max, you need to sort this out. Because if you don't it will create more web of lies and if it reaches the media then we will both be in trouble."

"I know I know," Max nodded. "I just thought I would let you know… you know if mom decides to come to a race…"

"Tell her the truth before she comes to a race," Daniella sternly demanded. "I will not be fake dating you to keep up with your lies."

"Is it going to be that bad?" Max chuckled as he unlocked his car. 

"Yes," Daniella said in an obvious tone. "It's a disaster waiting to happen and also I haven't been to an actual date in ages so when I actually go on a date I want it to be real with a person I actually like and am attracted to."

The last part of her sentence caught Max's attention. 

"Are you saying you are not attracted to me?" Max asked, his eyes narrowed and looking for the truth. 

Daniella was taken aback by the question. 

"I am not answering that.." She replied as she tried to look away but Max followed her gaze and stood in front of her. 

"Dani.." His lips slightly curved into a smirk, enjoying her hesitation. 

"You said you have somewhere important to be," Daniella said as she tried to push him inside the car. 

"I never said that," Max laughed and held her arm to stop her. "Now answer my question or I will not tell mom the truth."

Daniella thought for a second as she looked at Max. 

"Yes."

"Yes what?" Max asked. "Yes, you find me attractive or.. Yes, you don't…"

"Yes, you are attractive," Daniella gave in, her cheeks turned slightly red. 

Max smirked in triumph. 

"To make things even… I find you attractive too," Max confidently said before getting inside his car. 

Daniella rolled her eyes as a response to his proud smirk. 

"Just clear up this mess," She said as Max closed the door. 

He gave her a nod before driving away. 

**********

A/N: more dani and max... But just as friends😁 but at least they find each other attractive 😁😁

And Max's one simple lie is now spreading. Do you think he will handle it before it's too late?

Also I want to make either Carlos or Max somewhat a bad guy to add some drama but I am not sure whom to choose. I feel like Carlos will be the bad guy in such a gentleman way but Max already has a history of aggressive behavior... (Not 100% if I will go down this route)

Also the FLOWERS!!!

And does anyone knows if there is any limitations to how many chapters I can post in one book? Because we have only had two races and are already in chapter 32😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 41.3K 65
โœงห–ยฐเฟ โ”Š ๐๐‘๐Ž๐๐‹๐„๐Œ๐€๐“๐ˆ๐‚. เผป โช๐ŸŽ๏ธโซ โ there isn't a word to describe how much i hate you โž โ would it help you find one if i...
10K 735 9
โœงห–ยฐเฟ โ”Š ๐‘๐„๐ƒ ๐‹๐ˆ๐๐„. เผป โช๐ŸŒทโซ โ do you miss how we were before? โž โ sometimes โž formula one carlos sainz x...
696K 15.8K 60
||completed|| "They were meant to be." Max Verstappen x OC x Lewis Hamilton
396K 8.4K 32
|| completed || "He is good for her, and she has no idea the effect she has on him." George Russell x Daniella Michaels (OC) In the series/AUs...