❛ RUMOUR HAS IT ❜ - 𝖼𝗆𝖻

By -SOLARSYSTM

᎒ ੈ ✩ ‧₊ ᎒ ࿐ 🎱♥️ 𝘙𝘜𝘔𝘖𝘜𝘙 𝘏𝘈𝘚 𝘐𝘛 IN WHICH when the newly introduced fame gets too in... More

000; cast
000; prologue
001; you're so predictable
002; two doors down the hall
003; let's skip this one
004; really passive aggressive
005; my stalker is observant
006; it's a bit revealing
007; you're biting your lip
008; i just played myself
009; i know you want me here
010; i've got a headache
011; they look like hickeys
012; i ruined our relationship
013; i heard about the rumours
014; just punch me back
015; i feel forgotten about
016; one last kiss
017; expectations are so low
018; stop with the rumours
019; keeping it a secret
020; i can't cook very well
021; i wanna take it off you
022; you didn't come back
023; give me my love back
024; we should see other people
025; the song is about you
027; she's all I need
028; it's best if you go
029; you didn't even cuddle
030; do you have a lover
031; stop being her saviour
032; you leaked it

026; never let a man make you cry

946 36 5
By -SOLARSYSTM

THIRD PERSON.

CORBYN HAD DECIDED TO BE THE ONE TO MAKE the first move after their argument and had showed up outside of Kate's apartment, knocking on the door a few times before glancing around and nervously biting his lip.

As soon as the door was being unlocked, his shot his head towards it as it opened to reveal the girl stood opposite him in a slightly loose t-shirt and her hair thrown up into a extremely messy ponytail.

The rest of her apartment was quiet apart from the TV in the back corner, a few dim-lit lights turned on and a pile of dishes to wash up by the kitchen sink. He turned back to her as she stared at him blankly, waiting for him to attempt a conversation.

"You're home alone..?" Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, watching her shrug with a small sigh.

"Evie is at Sydnie's for the night." She replied, leaving her door open as she walked back over to her couch, the boy glancing at her up and down before watching her fall back onto her pile of blankets and look at the TV.

As he stepped foot into her apartment and closed the door behind him, he walked over to the couch and stood behind it, his eyes flickering from the TV to the girl as an awkward silence filled the room.

"Why haven't you texted me yet to apologise?" He spoke up, an annoyed tone in his voice while she let out a sigh.

"You said you wanted nothing to do with me."

"I didn't mean it."

"I'm not a mind reader." Kate argued, "I told you the truth and you chose not to believe it, leave me alone if you're that bothered."

"Is he actually gone?" Corbyn asked, "you for real ended things?"

"Yes!" She threw her head back in annoyance, "I did it in the studio so people were around."

He stayed silent again, watching her pause the current show she was watching and stand up before grabbing her glass and walking over to her kitchen, "do you want a drink?"

"Dr Pepper." He replied, following her through as he leant against one of the counters and watched her pour two drinks, "..you look good."

"Shut up," she shook her head.

"You do."

"I've been crying, shut up." Kate stopped what she was doing to turn her head towards the boy, "don't come over and do that."

"Do what?" He asked with a shrug.

"Act like everything is fine."

"Why were you crying?"

"Because you said you didn't want anything to do with me." Kate told him as she took a deep breath, "I ended things with Isaac so we could work on shit and instead you pushed me away."

"I came over to apologise I-"

"You came over to ask why I haven't apologised." She corrected him with a raise of her eyebrows, "I'm not saying sorry for something I didn't do."

"Kate." Corbyn mumbled with a frown.

"I told him I didn't like Katelyn because you're the only person I let call me Katelyn," she admitted to him as he nodded and looked her up and down, "I did all that shit just for you."

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you at the time." He replied, being handed his drink by the girl before she looked up at him, "there, is that what you wanted?"

"...That makes it seem not sincere." She said.

"I'm sorry, Kate." Corbyn looked down at her as they locked eyes, "i'm really sorry I hurt you, I regret it and I believe you now."

"Okay," she slowly nodded, "thank you for your apology."

"You forgave me quickly." He mentioned, placing his glass down on the counter as she replied with a hesitant shrug, "I thought you'd be more stubborn."

"Not to you." Kate shook her head as she took a sip of her drink and placed the glass on the counter, only just brushing past him as his moved his head towards her neck, "Corbyn, seriously."

"What?" He lifted his head slightly before smiling, his hands moving to her waist before she took a deep breath and quickly moved them away, his smile suddenly falling while looking at her.

He watched her stare at the floor in silence, stood in front of him again yet this time with her arms folded and sighing while he continued to frown before scratching the back of his head, finally letting his arms fall to the side while he leant back against the counter.

"The rumours about you, I.." he began, coming to a pause in his sentence as she looked up at him, "I've seen them."

"Same." She nodded, "...what about them?"

"I just didn't know if you saw them."

"Yeah well everyone keeps talking about them." She raised her eyebrows, grabbing her glass again and leaning against the counter opposite to him.

"...Can you not say anything? Confirm stuff?"

"I'm not allowed to." Kate shrugged, "Fred says I just have to let it destroy my career, even if that means he signs out of the contract or something."

Corbyn paused as he stared at her for a few moments with his mouth open partly, "are they destroying your career?"

"Indirectly." She replied, "why?"

"You're not anything the rumours say you are." He shook his head as the girl rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"It doesn't make a difference what you say because it won't change the whole situation."

"No but it'll make you feel better." Corbyn said, watching her shrug before she nodded a few seconds later, "you're great at what you do."

"So many people are going to have so many different opinions on you and some people will try bring you down but you are good at what you do and you're very naturally beautiful so any rumours about plastic surgery or being terrible at singing, ignore it." He explained as she titled her head.

"There haven't been any on plastic surgery or terrible at singing."

"Oh." He raised his eyebrows, "well, just in case."

"Well thank you." She smiled slightly, "you're very sweet.. but you're still an asshole."

"Oh come on," he threw his arms up, "go on a date with me."

"No," she shook her head, "no, i'll find a way to fuck it up like you always say I do, and we can't do it in public."

"I'll risk it."

"I won't."

"What's the way to your heart? What's the key?" He asked her as she put her glass down and looked at him, "anything, i'll do anything."

"Just to go on a date?"

"Just to be the person who has your heart Kate." He shrugged and shook his head, watching her let out a small laugh.

"You had it a year ago." Kate explained, "and then you had it a couple days ago, but you can't trust me."

"I can't trust your ex."

"You can't trust me." She repeated, "you told me I bought him into my studio to have sex with him, you can't trust me."

"You want to be trusted?" Corbyn asked with a raise of his eyebrows.

"I want to be appreciated." The girl admitted as he paused with a frown, "and understood and not be told I'm an asshole for forgetting plans because I'm trying to focus on a career."

"I don't do that." He replied.

"No but other people do."

"...who?"

"Do you think that I'll go far in the music industry stuff?" Kate asked him while folding her arms.

"If I didn't think that I wouldn't have put your song into the world's hands." He held his hands up, "you can go as far as you want, it takes time but you can."

"You're the first person who has ever told me that." She admitted with a mumble, looking down to the floor as Corbyn's face dropped.

"Then you're hanging around the wrong people," he said.

"But they're right when they say I'm a narcissist so it-"

"They're not." Corbyn interrupted her with a shake of his head, "I know how selfless you are, you're not a narcissist for working on your career."

"I don't know who is telling you all this but no one that loves you would be an asshole about you working on your career." He continued, watching her head fall to the ground, "you're the sweetest person I know."

Kate kept quiet for a few moments after Corbyn finished with his explanation, grabbing his glass and taking a few sips while watching her stare at the ground with her arms wrapped around herself.

And as he went to take a step forward, the door to her apartment open and three girls walked in all slightly under the influence, "Katelynnn."

"Kate." The girl corrected Hazel, looking up at them as Corbyn noticed the tears in her eyes and one only just falling down her face.

"You should've..." Sophia stopped as the four glanced to Corbyn stood the other side of the kitchen, "I'm so sorry if we've interrupted a sex session but tequila is so nice you guys have got to try it."

"We had too much to drink." Evie laughed.

"I thought you were with Sydnie." She quickly wiped her eyes and poured her drink into the sink, "what-"

"They had a fight." Hazel shook her head, "we got drunk to suppress that feeling, like you used to do on your kitchen floor."

"I feel sick." Sophia raised her eyebrows.

"Go to the bathroom." Kate told her, looking to the boy finishing his drink before standing away from the counter, "you should go."

"Are you okay?" Corbyn asked, "I can help if you need."

"You can help her by giving her some-"

"I'm okay, just go." Kate placed her hand over Hazel's mouth as he nodded with a sigh, hesitantly leaving the apartment.

"...did he upset you?" Evie put her arm around the girl, "you're crying pretty terribly."

"Never let a man make you cry girl." Hazel shook her head, "did he come over just to upset you? Since when were you guys talking?"

"He didn't upset me." Kate shook her head, "and we work in the same building, it was work related."

"Did you kiss?" Hazel smiled.

"No."

"You looked like you wanted to kiss him," she said, an obvious slur in her words as Kate replied with a shrug, "can we all sleep in your bed?"

"Kate's bed is so comfy." Evie nodded and sighed, "so nice."

"No guys sleep on the couch I'm tired I-"

"Let's all sleep in Kate's bed." Sophia stumbled out of the bathroom, grabbing Kate's arm and pulling her in the direction of her bedroom.

"Change out of those clothes you've got your own vomit on them," Kate frowned, "you can borrow mine I don't care just don't wear those in my bed."

"We love you Kate." Evie smiled, placing a kiss on the girl's cheek before the three of them fell onto her bed, "so much!"

––––

corbyn❤️‍🩹
i'm sorry

katelyn
you have nothing to apologise for

corbyn❤️‍🩹
did you manage to sort everything?

katelyn
they decided to sleep in my bed

katelyn
and they cry if i leave them so i think i just
wont be sleeping tonight

corbyn❤️‍🩹
oh

katelyn
good night

corbyn❤️‍🩹
:/ goodnight kate

(˚୨୧🔪·。🛒˚.⛓)

A/N

hmm so thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 69 28
𝔸 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕒𝕓𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕒 𝕘𝕚𝕣𝕝 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕧𝕒𝕞𝕡𝕚𝕣𝕖. 𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕠𝕦...
18.8K 528 27
(🌼) 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧❜𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭❜𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 ↪𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 𝗃𝖺𝖼�...
93.6K 1.4K 40
₊˚.༄ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐛𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 �...