The Fated Three

By BtoneCass

Rose and Delgan are hunters working for the kingdom of Lynxfell. The king has assigned them to kill an ancien... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Resting Up
A Fork in The Road
Bandits And Bad Timing
5 Years ago...
Meeting the Merchants
From the Shadows
Battles and Interrogations
A Clashing Union
No Loose Ends
Road to Freedom
Playing the Part
Scouting the Catacombs
Searching the Archives
Regrouping
Provisions, People, and New Problems
The Mysterious Traveler
New Intel
Ghostly Envisions
The Distraction
Friend, Foe, and Freedom
Frozen Fate
Lighting Up The Darkness
Catacombs and Creepy Creatures
Dark Truths
Familiar Faces
Sacrificial Lambs
Weary and Worried
Game Over
Found
Fighting Fire With Fire
Let's Get Moving
All Part of the Plan
Severed Link
Unleash the Flames
Serve Me
The Final Battle
A Life for a Life
Hero's
Party Time
Joining the Party
Something's Wrong
Not Over Yet
Special Thanks! <3

Breaking Free

20 5 0
By BtoneCass

Freya Pov

     Lilith stood before Freya. Hand on hip, cocky grin, power emanating off her. "You ready to play Freya?" she taunted. Freya didn't acknowledge her taunt. With a wave of her hand, she sent a vine piercing through the ground. It went to grab Lilith's leg, but she jumped out of the way. "Well someone's eager" she giggled. Lilith threw a dark orb at Freya in retaliation. Freya crossed her arms sending a wall of vines to block the attack. The vines crumbled and turned to dust at the touch of Lilith's magic. "You know you won't be able to kill me with that magic of yours. That tiny bit of life magic you have is nothing compared to my death magic. I'll just destroy anything you throw at me silly" she chuckled. Freya's brow furrowed. "You think I'm going to try to kill you?" she scoffed. Lilith rolled her eyes. "Oh don't play dumb with me Freya. How else did you think this would end?" she spat while sending another dark orb at Freya. She blocked it again with more vines. As they turned to ash and blew away, Freya spoke. "No... my sister's still in there. I didn't come all this way to kill her..." she insisted while sending more vines through the ground. These managed to grab Lilith's ankles, holding her to the ground. "..I'm here to save her" Freya added.

     Lilith smirked. "How cute" she giggled. Black mist grew from her hands and wrapped around the vines. Freya could feel the life instantly be snatched from them as they wilted and crumbled. Lilith effortlessly pulled her legs free. "I still don't know what the big deal is about this wretched little human. Why do you fight so hard for someone who gives up so easily?" She asked curiously. Freya raised a brow and looked at the Sylvie before her. Even without Lilith's power inside her, Freya could see how much Sylvie has changed. The power she possessed on her own was immaculate. Freya remembered how powerful the barrier was and how it took all of Freya's power and help from the life around her just to tear it down. Sylvie was so much stronger than Freya would have ever imagined. She single-handedly killed the entire horde of undead and still found the strength to fight off the lich. "No... your wrong, my sister is not pathetic" Freya spat and sent another wave of vines to grab Lilith. "She is not weak" She sent more vines to grab her wrists. "She will break free" she balled her hands into a fist as a command to the vines to yank Lilith forward. The vines pulled Lilith close to Freya and held Lilith still. Freya leaned in. "And she will be rid of you!" Freya declared.

     "Is that so?" Lilith responds. An ominous grin forms on her lips. Freya could feel the life being drained from the vines again. She focused on pushing more life magic in. Lilith's grin grew wider and the runes on Sylvie's skin began to glow a sickening blood red. A black smog surrounded her. Freya could feel more darkness flowing up her vines. As it did, a black hue traveled up the long vines and climbed its way to Freya. She broke off the vines, stopping the darkness from reaching her. Lilith laughed. "Hahaha now we're having some fun" she cackled.

     Freya's vines hung off Lilith like dead scarves. They wilted and rotted. With a quick tug, they crumbled to the ground just like before. Lilith took a step towards Freya. "I'd much rather have you as an ally Freya. We could have so much fun..." she took another step "... and I think it's really sweet how much you 'Wove your wittle sister'... but I think it would be even sweeter to watch that little gleam of hope in your eyes blow out. We can't have that distracting you from what we need you to do..." She giggles innocently. "You wanna see how pathetic she really is Freya?" she offered. Before Freya answers, Lilith surrounds herself with a dark mist-like barrier. Freya could see the difference in her and Sylvie's power. Sylvie's barrier was dark and controlled, like a warning to keep everyone away. Lilith's power was pitch black, demonic, and filled with so much power that red residue trickled down the sides of the barrier, daring anyone to challenge her. Freya could barely see past the dark barrier. From inside, Lilith called out "Come see Freya. See why you should give up on poor Sylvie. See how she's already given up on herself" she coaxed. Though Freya's instincts sent waves of warning, with a deep breath, Freya took a step inside the barrier.

    Inside, the feeling was cold and empty. Freya squinted her eyes to make out something, anything. From a distance, she could feel a surge of power. Against her better judgment, she walked towards it. Making her way through the fog, Freya could feel a layer of tension in the air. The closer she got to the source of power, the thicker and angrier it got. Finally, Freya caught a glimpse of someone. Getting closer, she saw it was Sylvie, and she too was walking towards her. "Syl?" Freya tried. Her heart skipped a beat, happy to see her sister, but the hatred in Sylvie's eyes told her a different story.

     "Murder" Sylvie roared. She sliced the air sending a wave of dark magic, slinging Freya on her back as the air is knocked out of her. "Syl, please let me explain!" Freya pleads gasping while forcing herself to get up. "You were supposed to protect me" Sylvie screams sending another wave of dark magic towards Freya causing her to fall to a knee. "I'm not going to fight you!" Freya shouts standing up again taking a step forward. A sudden jolt of searing pain enveloped her body as she took a step closer. It felt as if someone had thrown acid on her. "You killed our mother!" Sylvie roared in a monstrous tone flinging razor-sharp stones at Freya cutting her body as it flew at her. "You think I wanted to! I couldn't control it!" Freya retorts winching at the memory of their mother's lifeless body impaled by her vines.

      "If you weren't so weak and useless, mother would be alive!" Sylvie said coldly twisting her hands in a circular motion. The wind began to circulate gathering pieces of rubble. Dark thick mist poured out of her hands and into the wind causing Freya's lungs to burn. "Sylvie, please...I'm your sister" Freya croaks struggling to take deep breaths. She reached out for her sister. Sylvie waved her hand and her dark mist wrapped around Freya's wrist and ankles forcing her on her stomach. As the dark mist wrapped tighter, she could feel it slicing into her skin causing excruciating pain. "Fuckk" Freya hissed through the pain. Her vision began to get blurry, her head was pounding due to the lack of oxygen, and she was on the verge of passing out.

     "Remember what Mother said?" Sylvie questioned. "Losing control is a death sentence" she added coldly as she forced her dark mist into Freya's eyes and mouth sending agonizing spasms throughout her limbs. It was burning her from the inside. 'Fight it...don't let it consume you' Freya's thoughts commanded. She forced her fingers into the dirt. She called upon her earth magic. She could feel the essence of life around her. 'I'm sorry' Freya thought to herself as she ripped the essence of life from the unknown dying villagers from the ground above her. She moved their sacrificial life essence into her body. As it flew through her, it instantly took the pain away and filled her with power, giving her the strength to rip from Sylvie's binds. "I know I said I wouldn't fight you, but you're really starting to piss me off" Freya gritted her teeth.

      She gets up and sends a vine towards Sylvie, wrapping it around her arm as she tried to dodge it. "How did you do that" Sylvie spat, slicing at the vine that had a hold of her. "You think you're the only one that was affected by what happened? I fucking died Syl! I woke up to dead bodies and ashes of what was left of our village and forest!" Freya shouted walking towards her sister. "No stay back" Sylvie sneered backing away. "Do you think I didn't search for you every damn day?" Freya yelled. "I killed any and everyone that got in my way of getting you back!" Freya added coldly. She took another step towards her. "You think you're terrifying? You think because you killed a couple of people here and there you're damned to hell? Like your darkness is the only evil in this world." Sylvie could see the darkness flickering in Freya's eyes as she stood a few feet away. "If I could show you the things I had to do to get here little sister..." Freya's voice lowered, menacingly. "You wouldn't be able to even look at me right now." she spat. "I've come too far to hear you bitch and moan." Sylvie tried to speak but a sudden slap to the face stopped her. "You are MY little sister, not the other way around. We are strong, powerful, and can survive anything...So listen to your big sister and pull your shit together." she finished warmheartedly. Freya could see her sister's eyes well up with tears and her lip quiver before the projection of Sylvie faded away, merging with the fog around Freya. "What the hell?" Freya cursed. The tension in the air evaporated. The cold and empty feeling returned. Freya looked around to find herself alone in the fog again. Her hands trembled at the heated conversation between her and her sister's projection. She balled them into fists as she concentrated on where to go next. The faint cries in the distance answered her.

    "Sylvie?!" Freya darts off running towards the cries. She comes upon Sylvie sitting on the floor with a chain around her neck that's embedded into the ground in front of her. Tears stream down her emotionless face as she rocks back and forth mumbling words while holding her knees to her chest. "Oh Syl let's get you out of this" Freya soothes moving towards her. She sends her vines to rip the chain from the ground freeing Sylvie. "Come, your free now, let's go" Freya pleads while watching her sister continue to rock back and forth still mumbling words. "Syl? What's wrong with you?" Freya asked worriedly. She leaned in to hear her sister's mumbles. "Are you excited? It's a big day today?" Sylvie says numbly "I didn't mean to" She adds. "What if I can't control it" She continued. "Fire so much fire... MOTHER!" She quietly gasps. "Dead, dead, so much death, everyone is dead...I'm alone" Another tear streams down her unwavering blank face. Freya reaches to touch her. As the tips of her fingers touched her shoulder Sylvie jumps up and gives a falsetto scream. "No no no no no no no no no no, Your dead, everyone's dead, so much death, I'm alone" She panicked. Her hands dug into her black hair as she rocked rhythmically picking up speed. "Your dead, your dead, everyone's dead, so much death, so much death, I'm alone, so much death, so much death. So much death..." she repeated. Freya's heart raced. It killed her to see her sister like this, so broken. Angry Sylvie, she could handle. Smartass Sylvie, she could handle, but... this was the real torture.

      Freya quietly knelt down next to Sylvie as her rocking slowed. She didn't want to set her off, so she whispered as she spoke. "I remember the day you were born" Freya started. Sylvie stopped rocking, still emotionless. "You were so small, and ugly.." Freya chuckled. "But I knew from the moment you opened your eyes and looked at me... that I would do whatever it took to protect you" a silent tear fell down Freya's face. "When dad died. Mom was freaking out because she couldn't find you. Everyone was searching for you... And I found you hiding, crying in our clubhouse. Do you remember what I told you Syl? That no matter what life threw at us, we would always have each other..." Freya wiped away the tear at the memory. Sylvie sat there, motionless. Freya turned to face Sylvie. "I need you to come back to me Syl... Please" Freya looked at Sylvie's eyes. They were empty. "Please Syl... I can't do this without you" She begged. Sylvie slowly opened her mouth to speak. Freya's eyes widened with hope. "Dead...dead...so much death...everyone is dead... I'm alone" she repeated. Freya bit her lip to stop it from trembling. Another silent tear fell down her cheek. Her chin lowered as she felt the hope begin to slip away.

     "Your dead... everyone's dead... so much death... I'm alone" Sylvie repeated as Freya sat in front of her. Freya raised a brow. "Dead? No... I'm not dead. I'm alive... my life magic...it saved me... it saved me from death... It saved Rose and Delgan from death magic.." she looked up at her sister "it saved them, and it can save you! I can save you!" she promised, hope returning to her eyes.

      With a deep breath, Freya reached for her sister again. Sylvie screamed but Freya didn't let go. "I'm going to save you Syl. I promised I would always protect you!" Freya reassured as she focused her life magic in her sister. Finally, Sylvie met Freya's eyes. "F-Frey" her voice was barely a whisper. Freya pushed more life magic into her, clearing the dark fog in Sylvie's mind. "That's right little sister, I'm here, I'm alive" she smiled. A tear fell from Sylvie's eyes. "You came for me..." she muttered. Freya grabbed her sister, pulling her into a hug. "I promised I'd protect you and I tend to keep that promise," Freya says holding her sister tighter, Sylvie hesitates but wraps her arms around Freya. "I watched you die.." Sylvie muttered between sobs. Freya chuckles. "As if death could keep me from you Syl" she smirked.

    As the sisters hold each other it was as if their powers began to combine. It was hotter than the sun and colder than the moon, like the fire that burned, froze, and crackled like lightning all at once. Something filled them with energy. It was past rage, past love, and past all the controlling they've both felt. Sylvie's power fed and strengthened the darkness in Freya, and Freya strengthened and grew the light that was still in Sylvie. The power swelled in their souls and was bursting to get out. Freya could feel the barrier around them begin to waver. "Ughh, what the hell are you doing Freya, you're ruining my game!" boomed Lilith's voice from around the two sisters.

     The voice was coming from around them, but Freya could feel Lilith's power from within Sylvie. She focused on the dark source and tugged at it with her life magic just like she did to the creature from before. "Damn it Freya stop it! You were supposed to give up and join us" she spat. "I will never join you, leech" Freya shot back. "LEECH! I am not a leech you useless mortal. This body belongs to me! I should have killed you when I had the chance" she roared. Freya snickered and tugged at her dark magic even more. The barrier cracks and begins to fade instantly. "Say goodbye Lilith" Freya smirked as she focused on pulling the remaining link of Lilith's power.

     "ahhhhhhh" Sylvie cries out pushing Freya away and clenching her chest. "Frey... stop. You can't just take her out like this... it will kill me" she muttered in between coughs. Freya curses and puts a little of Lilith's dark essence back inside Sylvie. For a moment Sylvie's eyes flash black and a giggle escapes her throat before she returns to normal. Freya catches Sylvie as she falls over, unconscious. The barrier is completely dropped. Freya sits on the ground with Sylvie. "Sylvie wake up" Freya pleads while cradling her sister in her arms. Freya looks over and sees Rose pull out two daggers and sling them directly aiming for the lich's fiery green eyes. Freya lays Sylvie down. "Please be okay" Freya begs as she places her ear to Sylvie's chest trying to hear her heartbeat. *thump thump thump thump* it responded. Freya sighs with relief as she looks up and sees her comrades fighting against the lich. "I'm going to fucking kill him" Freya vows filled with rage, as she runs to join the battle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 110 14
*Book 3 of the Born To Burn Series* ONLY CHAPTER 1-10 ARE OPEN WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON AMAZOM KINDLE! ❤️ PLZ CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME THERE. I ❤️EACH AND...
200K 5.7K 62
Hi Readers, Before you read this book, I just wanted to say that I am currently in the process of rewriting this story. Changes, whether they are bi...
5.3K 55 32
[THIS FANFIC IS OLD & EDGY AND A HORRIBLE ATTEMPT TO RIP OFF FEAR GARDEN AS I HATE TO ATTEMPT DONT READ IF YOURE NOT INTO THAT] TW •Blood ig (I'll ad...
4.1K 145 35
ForestFae, a Night Elf girl raised in the ghetto of Westfall. Pushed into thievery and assassination, in attempts to keep food on her family's table...