Don't run from me (Book 3)

By Demona44

I leaned back against the wall "It's been so long hasn't it?" "Yes, it has... I think the last time I saw you... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: I'll be damned
Chapter 2: He's a keeper
Chapter 3: It's not me, it's you
Chapter 4:Stop running from me
Chapter 5: Keep running
Chapter 6: Maybe
Chapter 7: it's just coffee
Chapter 8: It's intoxicating!
Chapter 10: Nothing happened
Chapter 11: bittersweet
Chapter 12: The right choice
Chapter 13: Kat, wait
Chapter 14: Beyond amazing
Chapitre 15: very beautiful
Chapter 16: Friend-zoned
Chapter 17: Unity
Chapter 18: Loverboy is here!
Chapter 19: Gotcha
Chapter 20: You are impossible!
Chapter 21: terrifying
Chapter 22: Shoot for the moon
Chapter 23: You're a genius
Chapter 24: You are so beautiful Kitty
Chapter 25: Enough is enough
Chapter 26: We don't talk anymore
Chapitre 27: I want you
Chapter 28: Never let go
chapter 29: Come back to me
Chapter 30: Who are you?
Chapter 31: Baby I never beg
Chapter 32: Angel-like voice
Chapter 33: My Kitty Kat
Chapter 34: Is she crazy or what?
Chapter 35: She's my world
Chapter 36: Perfect
Epilogue

Chapter 9: lay with me

248 16 2
By Demona44

Katrina Johnson

I rested my head on the car window looking out, the city lights were so pretty. 'She's everywhere!' I heard Mason's voice in my head and closed my eyes tightly 'It's intoxicating!'

What am I going to do now?? It was hard enough when he only liked me for just my looks but now? How could I deal with him for the next six or so months without falling for him? That wasn't going to be easy but I knew that I was strong enough to survive this. I survived all the bullies growing up anyway. I took in a deep breath as that thought brought up painful memories that started when I was four due to my skin color.

"Are you okay love?"

I glanced at Pablo and gave him a soft smile nodding but I knew I couldn't fool him. This was Pablo after all, he knew me like the back of his hand. I shifted in my seat so I was facing him.

"I saw Mason kissing his date" I admitted playing with my fingers.

"And? You want nothing to do with him, right? So it shouldn't bother you don't you think?"

"It doesn't bother me. It's what I heard after he broke the kiss with her that bothers me."

"What did he say?" Pablo asked focusing on the road; he only had one drink in order to be able to drive.

"He told her I was everywhere and I was intoxicating" I pouted looking at my hands again.

Pablo burst into laughter, "And why is that upsetting? You should be happy he thinks that much about you. I don't see why it bothers you so much."

"Because I don't want to be with him, Pablo! And knowing he feels that way complicates everything... It isn't easy on me."

"Remind me, was he ever mean to you in high school?"

"No, never, he actually helped me a lot when I let him." We both looked ahead of us and I fell into one of my memories.

"What are you doing here?"

I looked up at Gregory Carson, the biggest bad boy and the biggest bully of our school. Whenever he was around me, I knew trouble was coming. I contemplated packing my books and just leaving but he didn't give me the time.

He grabbed my wrist tightly with a groan forcing me to look at him "I asked you a fucking question!"

I winced trying to pull my hand away from his grip but he was so much stronger than I was. "I'm just studying Gregory, I'm not bothering anybody."

"Well, you're bothering me. This school was founded by white rich people, this whole library was a donation from my great grandfather... and let me tell you" He leaned closer to me "He hated black people."

I felt myself tear up but held my head high. It wasn't the first time Gregory made racist comments to me, I should be used to it by now, but I wasn't. It hurt badly that some people still saw us beneath them due to our color or our lack of wealth. I looked around hoping someone would stop this madness but I was all alone with Gregory. At some point, the hatred in his eyes scared me.

"I'll leave, I promise, just let go of my hand" My voice cracked as I spoke but I didn't care.

"Leave the school or the library?"

I frowned confused "The library Gregory, I deserve to be in this school. I'm not rich as you are but I'm much smarter and..."

"Shut the fuck up! You're here on a scholarship and you're a half-blood!"

"What does that even mean?" I tried pushing him away but he only held me tighter. I saw a boy coming our way to place back a book and prayed he'll look our way. My prayers were heard and the boy turned around not realizing what was happening at first but his eyes went on my hand and he frowned taking a step closer to us.

"What are you doing Carson?" I recognized him immediately. We weren't friends, but we once were when we were little. Something he probably forgot.

"Mind your own damn business, Walton! "

"It became my business the moment I saw you manhandling this girl" he took a long stride and stood in front of Gregory, towering over him with a threatening glare. "Let. Go. Of. Her. Hand." He spoke through gritted teeth "Now!"

Gregory let go of me with a growl "You'll hear of me Walton!" he turned to me before leaving "And so will you!"

The boy waited until Gregory left to walk up to me and take my hand in his making sure I wasn't hurt. "You have bruises, is it hurting?" He looked up at me and froze as if he was getting lost in my eyes.

I blinked a few times pulling my hand away "I'm okay, thank you for helping me. he can be a brute."

"It's not the first time?"

I gave him a pained look before shaking my head. I collected my things and smiled at him again "Thank you again for stepping in."

"Always..."

"You know, sometimes he was like a guardian angel, always coming to the rescue."

Pablo parked the car and let out a heavy sigh "I swear to god I'll never be able to understand what is going on in that brain of yours... If he's been so nice to you all these years and still is, why are running from him?"

"I have my reasons Pablo" I whispered before stepping out of the car and into the building and greeting Billy before heading to the elevators. Usually, I would stop and catch up with Billy but tonight I wasn't in the mood for that.

It was only seconds before I felt Pablo's presence behind me and thankfully he said nothing more aside from bidding me goodnight when we reached my floor. I unlocked the door of my apartment and got rid of the heels that were killing my feet. Blacky came running to me and I picked him pecking his nose. I checked the living room to see if Scarlett was there but she wasn't so I went to knock on her door and still nothing. With a frown, I pushed her door open to find the room empty. She must have gone out.

I walked to my room and put Blacky on my bed in order to take off my clothes and take a quick shower.

Stepping under the hot water, I felt my muscles instantly relax and let out a satisfied sigh. Massaging my scalp always helped when I was in such a mood; seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into an hour, and only when the water started turning cold over my skin I quickly wash up and got out of the shower.

After putting on an oversized t-shirt I bought from the men's section, I dried my hair a little with the towel before letting it dry on its own. I pulled the duvets and settled in bed getting comfy and patting a spot next to me waiting for Blacky to join me. After playing a little with him, I started dozing off with one thought in mind... Mason Walton.

A loud bang on the door followed by the ring bell constantly ringing woke me up from dreams. I groaned reaching for my phone and looking at the time, it was already midnight! Who would come over this late? Unless Scarlett forgot her keys again! I quickly got out of bed and went to open the door.

"I swear to God Scarlett I'm sending you home tomorrow!" I froze when I saw a grinning Mason leaning over the wall facing my door.

"Mason?" I whispered taking a step back and trying to stretch my t-shirt realizing how short it was.

Without waiting for an invitation, he came in and looked around with a lazy smile. The apartment was dimly lit and looked cozy. "Nice apartment, I like it."

He paused in front of a painting I bought last month. It was two hands barely touching, trying to reach each other. The hands were painted in different colors, one was pearly white and the other was much tanner. Under the hands 'Never let go' was written in the artist's handwriting.

"I know this painting... Tara... yeah Tara my friend painted it, I wanted to buy it but it was already sold." He chuckled and turned slowly to look at me. Did he seem... drunk? "You're so damn beautiful Kat, you know that?"

He tried to come over but stumbled on his own feet and fell on the couch with a groan followed by laughter. Yeah... he's definitely drunk. I let out a sigh and helped him into a comfortable sitting position.

"What are you doing here Mason? It's so late?"

"It is?" He laughed "I asked Rita to drop me here. I didn't know where I was until I saw you." He laughed again.

I couldn't help but laugh with him even though there was nothing funny in this situation. "Who is Rita?"

"She's the future Mrs. Walton" this time he laughed harder "She's such a joker, always flirting and always trying to have sex with me."

"Is she your fiancé?" I asked tentatively with a pang of jealousy.

"No, Celine was going to be my fiancé." He looked gloomy for a split second and laughed again "That fucking bitch thought I wasn't enough... I mean, maybe I'm not. You keep running too..." He frowned and looked at me "Why do you keep running?" He wasn't laughing anymore, he looked sad and upset.

"Do you know that Elsa likes you? And Natalie? Even though she has a boyfriend, she really likes you. So you are enough, never let anyone tell you otherwise Mason, you're an amazing guy!"

"Just not amazing for you?"

I took a deep breath looking away, not being able to be honest with him.

"Hey, Kat tell me," I nodded listening to him "What do Alexander the Great and Winnie the Pooh have in common?"

I frowned shaking my head "Mason, are you okay?"

"Same middle name!" He doubled over laughing while I just stared at him "Get it? THE great, THE Pooh" And he laughed again.

I shook my head laughing and loving how carefree he looked. Gone was the serious and composed architect, instead, there was a young-looking Mason laughing at silly jokes and whatever. As much as I liked seeing him like that, I had to do something about it. He had no tie, no vest, and his jacket was hanging on his arm. His dress shirt was un-tucked with the first few buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up. I reached over and grabbed his arm pulling him to his feet and guiding him to the bathroom.

"Where are you taking me kitty kat?"

Kitty Kat? That's a new one. I smiled to myself as I ignored him and let him lean over the wall while I undid the rest of the buttons. He started laughing and making naughty comments making me blush. Once the shirt was hung aside, I turned on the water and pulled him close enough for me to spray only his head.

"What the fuck!" he groaned at the coldness of the water "Ughhh what are you... doing!"

I turned off the water and handed him a towel helping him dry his hair. "I'll go make you some coffee, it will help you sober up."

I went to the kitchen and quickly made him coffee not wanting to leave him alone for too long. When I went back, I found him tucked into my bed, Blacky sleeping above him with a paw on his head. They were so cute that I put the coffee on the nightstand and picked up my phone snapping a picture of them. I was about to leave when I heard him call my name.

"Kitty Kat?"

"Yes Mason?" he reached for my hand from under the covers and pulled me to the bed.

"Please lay with me..."

*********

AN: Hey guys! did you like this chapter?

I guess you're all starting to understand why Kat is running from Mason. Any thoughts on that?

This is Blacky

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 9.4K 75
"Mels I think we should break up" David said to her, his voice flat, no emotion, as though he wasn't blowing up her entire world with his blunt words...
670K 25.4K 50
(BWWM) EDITING "That cannot happen again." Sunny spoke breaking the silence between us. We must have been sitting in my car for a solid five minute...
9.6K 800 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
395 21 7
Where there's smoke, there's always a fire. "The more you fight it, the more determined I am to prove that you want me." He says burning holes into...