Deception|| Eve Holmes | Siri...

By OliveRix56

(Set in the more recent events, rather than the 70s) Marauders Era. Eva Holmes, Sherlock Holmes' twin sister... More

CAST
Chapter 1 - Mummy, I'm 11 Now!
Chapter 2 - So.. You're going to another school?
Chapter 3 - Diagon Alley
Chapter 4 - Platform 9 And 3 Quarters
A/N : ADDITIONS TO THE CAST
Chapter 5 - The Trip To Hogwarts
Chapter 6 - Welcome to Hogwarts!
Chapter 7 - Prefects, Portraits and Dorms
Chapter 8 - A Letter To 'The Idiot Twin'
Chapter 9 - Knowledge and Pranks
Chapter 10- 'Tis The Damn Season!
Chapter 11 - Heart - to - Heart
Chapter 12 - Presents and Exams
Chapter 13 - Sheep In A Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 14 - A Breakout Of Howlers And Emotions
Chapter 15 - Quidditch And Girls' Night Out
Chapter 16 - Ideas And Revelations
Chapter 17 - Patience And Practice
Chapter 18 - Setting Standards And Nicknames
Part 19 - Uncovering Secrets
Chapter 20 - New Interests
Chapter 22 - I Really Am Perfect, Even Name-wise.
Chapter 23 - Toward The Future And For The Future
Chapter 24 - Patronuses And New Classes
Chpater 25 - Divulging Information
Chapter 26 - Stonger When We Are Together
Chapter 27 - Detention
Chapter 28 -Decoding and Defence
Chapter 29 - Quidditch Again
Chapter 30 - Death Threats And Other Offers
Chapter 31 - Fun Times
Chapter 32 - The Last Meeting And Job Prospects
Chapter 33 - Welcome To New York
Chapter 34 - Meeting Old And New Friends
Chapter 35 - Where Are You Now?
Chapter 36 - Who Am I?
Chapter 37 - The Battle Of New York
Chapter 38 - The Attack On Bollywood City
Chapter 39 -Jingle Bells, Wedding Bells
Chapter 40 - Lily Potter
Part 41 - I Spy With My Eye..
Chapter 42 - You Trust Him, My Love?
Chapter 43 - Endgame

Chapter 21 - OWLs and Breaking Points

204 5 0
By OliveRix56

As soon as Career Advice was over, the OWLs started. Lily and Eve revised together as usual. Eve got to know that the all of the Marauders, Lily, Marlene and Alice had got the job offers from Dumbledore too. All of them had joined without hesitation.

On the last day of OWLs, Eve left with Marlene and Alice to Hogsmeade after the exams. They wanted to buy Butterbeer for the whole gang, and Dumbledore had given all 5th and 7th years to go to Hogsmeade on the last day of the examinations and the week after. Sirius and Eve decided that their first date would be 4 days after the OWLs.

When Eve headed back to the dorm with Marlene and Alice, she found Lily sitting on the bed, she had been crying a few minutes earlier. Putting down the Butterbeer immediately, she quickly walked to Lily to know what happened.

"Sev-Severus just called me a Mudblood. James was bullying Snape along with his other friends, so I went and told him to stop being an idiot. So when James put Snape down, he told that he didn't need help from a filthy Mudblood like me. So I just spat at Snivellus and told him that we weren't friends anymore."

A part of Eve's mind was relieved that Lily was't friends with Snape anymore. But if she had to stop the Marauders from doing a prank, then it must have been pretty bad.

"What prank did they do, again?"

"They hung Snape by his ankle and threatened to remove his trousers in front of everyone."

Okay, this was it. She told Lily a few words of consolation and went to the boys' dorm.

"You dunderheads! Are you out of your mind? Like, I'm going to have to consider taking each one of you to St. Mungo's! What you did to Snape was not a prank! It was anything but a prank. That is what people call as bullying, and I will not tolerate anything like this. There's a hell of a difference between bullying and pranking. We don't disrespect people like that. That was our policy, and you just broke it- Yes, you too Remus. I know you didn't do anything. That's the fucking problem! You should have, for the sake of the Devil, told them to stop! Where did all your moral values go? Did you flush it down the toilet basin?!" she shouted at them and called them "Asshats," before she left to find Snape, along with Lily. She didn't let the others respond to her monologue.

She found Snape by the side of the Black Lake along with his friends. He seemed happy. And that made her angry. She rushed down to Snape, wand in her hand, and pointed it at his throat, a threatening look her on her face. The other Slytherins ran at the sight of Eve, having had enough exprience from dueling with her during the DADA lessons, especially now that she looked angry. Lily was by her side, only looking at the other direction, like nothing was happening.

"How fucking dare you," Eve growled at Snape, and she literally heard him trembling at the sight of an angry Evangeline Holmes.

"How dare you call her a Mudblood! You call me a Mudblood, I don't give half a hoot. You call my best friend that, I will fucking tear you down into a piece of human leather and use it to make myself a purse! You arse, you become a good friend with Lily and you call her that?! Are you a such a shameless blockhead? Do you even regret it? Do you?!!" she yelled at him, and Snape's legs were trembling. He did not answer her. This only made her feel mare angry. "I'm going to curse you into oblivion if you don't fucking give me an answer!" she told him.

Lily realising that Snape was trying to say something and put her palm on Eve's hand and Eve withdrew her wand. She took a step back and allowed them to talk in private. A few minutes later, Lily looked at her, and she came back from the edge of the lake to accompany Lily back to the Gryffindor Common Room, where Marlene should have set up the tables with Butterbeer and board games.

As they were leaving, Snape said one last time, "Lil, I am so sorry. Please, forgive me." Lily looked at Eve, and gave her a nod. Eve told him with a stern face, "Yeah, she'll forgive you. When wood sinks into water. Oh, and before I forget. Call her Lil one more time, and I'll use your flesh to feed street dogs." And both of them left Snape by the Black Lake, and went to the Common Room. They had a quiet night in.

The next morning, all the Marauders apologised to Eve profusely. Getting tired, she told them that she'd forgive them all if Lily forgave them too. The Marauders swore to Lily and Eve that they would never bully another person again. After thinking for around an hour both of them decided to give them another chance.

Snape on the other hand, hadn't given up either. Snape tried talking to her, but Eve told him that Lily was not interested. Lily had decided that Snape had taken it too far. He had Death Eaters for friends, and he was no longer the Severus that he had been in their first year. The Marauders pranked him, yes, but it was only pranking. They did not bully him. Everyone was now looking forward to going home, except the members of the Order of the Phoenix. The meeting was in 2 days, and Eve was looking forward to it. And her date with Sirius.

--------------------------------------------------------

A/N: If all goes well, we might be able to see Eve's patronus next chapter.

Also, I hate the way that the OWL question paper looks. I can't even read it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

875K 35.4K 57
I need to get away I need to get away I need to get away Helia Blacksmith and people had never got on. Her blank stare and chilling gaze were...
777 65 30
(This story is kinda like a harry potter and george weasley fanfic put together idrk) Draco Malfoy's twin sister, Liliana, gets re-sorted into Gryffi...
234K 5K 42
*edited* Aliza Potter (twin sister of James Potter) is starting her first year at Hogwarts after being expelled from Beaxbatons school for mischievou...
48 0 7
Lyra and Sirius Black. Twins, both the black sheep and love for one another No one else can take away. What happens when they go to Hogwarts and ever...