Deception|| Eve Holmes | Siri...

By OliveRix56

(Set in the more recent events, rather than the 70s) Marauders Era. Eva Holmes, Sherlock Holmes' twin sister... More

CAST
Chapter 1 - Mummy, I'm 11 Now!
Chapter 2 - So.. You're going to another school?
Chapter 4 - Platform 9 And 3 Quarters
A/N : ADDITIONS TO THE CAST
Chapter 5 - The Trip To Hogwarts
Chapter 6 - Welcome to Hogwarts!
Chapter 7 - Prefects, Portraits and Dorms
Chapter 8 - A Letter To 'The Idiot Twin'
Chapter 9 - Knowledge and Pranks
Chapter 10- 'Tis The Damn Season!
Chapter 11 - Heart - to - Heart
Chapter 12 - Presents and Exams
Chapter 13 - Sheep In A Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 14 - A Breakout Of Howlers And Emotions
Chapter 15 - Quidditch And Girls' Night Out
Chapter 16 - Ideas And Revelations
Chapter 17 - Patience And Practice
Chapter 18 - Setting Standards And Nicknames
Part 19 - Uncovering Secrets
Chapter 20 - New Interests
Chapter 21 - OWLs and Breaking Points
Chapter 22 - I Really Am Perfect, Even Name-wise.
Chapter 23 - Toward The Future And For The Future
Chapter 24 - Patronuses And New Classes
Chpater 25 - Divulging Information
Chapter 26 - Stonger When We Are Together
Chapter 27 - Detention
Chapter 28 -Decoding and Defence
Chapter 29 - Quidditch Again
Chapter 30 - Death Threats And Other Offers
Chapter 31 - Fun Times
Chapter 32 - The Last Meeting And Job Prospects
Chapter 33 - Welcome To New York
Chapter 34 - Meeting Old And New Friends
Chapter 35 - Where Are You Now?
Chapter 36 - Who Am I?
Chapter 37 - The Battle Of New York
Chapter 38 - The Attack On Bollywood City
Chapter 39 -Jingle Bells, Wedding Bells
Chapter 40 - Lily Potter
Part 41 - I Spy With My Eye..
Chapter 42 - You Trust Him, My Love?
Chapter 43 - Endgame

Chapter 3 - Diagon Alley

539 16 3
By OliveRix56

Eva Holmes and her family were mindblown. After what seemed like an eternity to her (it had just been 30 minutes since she got ready), McGonagall had arrived to her house to take her family to Diagon Alley. They went to Leaky Cauldron, where 'Professor Minnie' (McGonagall disapproved of the name), as she had coined her now, opened the path to Diagon Alley with her wand. It was beautiful. She felt like she was in a new world, which she was, but still... it was more than what she had expected when Minnie had told her "We're going to Diagon Alley, where you will get your supplies for schools". She expected stationery shops and uniform stores. But lord, this place had too much to take in. They had 'Potion supply shops', 'Flourish and Blotts', ice cream shops, pet shops, and all sorts of oddities that she couldn't even imagine to be true.

They first went to Flourish and Blotts, where they got her books for the new term. After buying quills and other items like cauldrons and telescopes from other shops, they went to Madam Malkins', where she had to buy her uniform. Eve stepped into the shop alone (her mum and dad were exploring, Sherlock and Mycroft were gazing at a box of toad eyes at one of the shops, typical). The place smelled like NEW CLOTHES, obviously. Madam Malkin asked, "Hogwarts, dear?".  Eve nodded, and Malkin told her to stand on a stool so she could measure her height for the uniform. She turned to the girl next to her to start up a conversation. She had bright and fiery red hair, and amazing green eyes.

Eve was really good at showing emotions. It was like a switch to her. Emotional Intelligence. Just flick the switch on and she's an extrovert with loads of emotion, and switch it off, and she's a sociopath who cares about nothing. "Hi! I'm Eva! I'm going to Hogwarts! You are too, right?", she asked. The girl nodded brightly. "Yes! Oh my god, I've been waiting so long to get my letter. I'm Lily, by the way. I was really glad that Severus told me about it. I mean, I was a bit doubtful first, and then he did magic too!", she said. Eve understood that Lily was a chatterbox... and she had a sister, and a friend, just by observing and listening to Lily.

"Wait. Are your parents.. magic people?" She didn't know what to call them. "Oh, no, no. Severus' mum is, I think. My parents are not magical. Severus says that they're called 'muggles' in the wizarding world". Okay, she wanted to meet this 'Severus' now. Maybe he could teach her about the wizard people.

"My parents aren't magical either. Bit of a shock for all of us when we found out. My brothers were more than confused, mind you, they thought they were in a dream", she responded "After the 'dreaming or not experiments', which included hitting each other to feel pain, they decided that perhaps they should go with me to Hogwarts...in vain, may I add", she told. Lily giggled. "My sister too.. she's a Muggle. She wants to go to Hogwarts, but she can't do magic. She's now angry at me. I mean, I don't understand! What did I do?" Realizing that she'd told too much, she shut her mouth. Before she could respond however, Madam Malkin told Lily that she was done. Lily got out of the stool and said, "See you at Hogwarts then, Eva?" Eve gave her huge smile and nodded to the girl. "See you at Hogwarts, Lily".

After Madam Malkins, Mum and Dad took Eve to Eyelops, where she bought an owl for sending letters to Sherlock, and decided to name her 'Artemis' after the Greek goddess of hunt, even though she highly considered naming her 'Minerva McGonaggowl' just to make Professor Minerva angry.

After annoying the professor, she was taken to Ollivander's to get her wand. Now this was something she had looking forward to, considering how every book and movie she had watched always showed wands as the witchs' common weapon.

She entered the shop and sat down for maybe a few minutes when she felt a piercing gaze on her. She turned to her right to find Ollivander looking at her like a hawk. "Hogwarts, dear? I supposed your parents are muggles. You see, I remember every single person I sold a wand to, and you look like you have none of genes of them." Eve nodded. "Well, chop- chop, let's get started," he said and a few tape measures began measuring the length of arm and her height by themselves. Ollivander kept muttering to himslef while he searched for wands. "Here you go, try this. Unicorn hair, willow, 8.5 inches, supple. Give it a wave." Eve took the wand, and within a moment of holding it Ollivander had taken it away.

After trying out atleast 20 wands, Ollivander brought out another one. "Let's give this one a try. Been around here for ages, but I reckon it's one of the more powerful ones. Phoenix feather core, yew, 12.25 inches, unbending flexibilty." Eve took it in her hand and felt a warmth around her body. Golden sparks began to flow from the wand that she had barely touched for a few seconds, and she was thunderstruck. The wand was hers now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I think this is the longest chapter 'til now. I was first thinking about writing both Hogwarts Express and Diagon Alley in the same chapter.. but this is itself, like SUPER long.

How do you think Minerva woud have responded if Eve actually named her owl Minerva McGonaggowl? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Foxy By Moonie

Fanfiction

202K 4.2K 23
Beauxbaton's biggest prankster has finally been expelled from the French boarding school. Having limited choices, Iris Evans is sent to join her sist...
439K 10.7K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
207 17 4
❝ would you do anything for me? buy a big diamond ring for me? ❞ ━ in which evita rosier, a slytherin pure-blood and evan rosier's younger twin, is t...
285 44 27
Meet Annabel Snape twin sister to the seemingly perfect son Severus Snape. During her time at Hogwarts she makes some unlikely friends, gets into a l...