Infinity

By Cookie9687

Ivanna of Asgard. Daughter of Thor. Brave, fearless, incapable of failure- That is, until she has to prove h... More

Chapter 1- One Thousand Years
Chapter 2- Control is Everything
Chapter 3- NOT KING YET
Chapter 4 What is Rightfully Mine
Chapter 5 A Few Lost Souls
Chapter 7 Boots and Ants and Boots and Ants...
Chapter 8 Things Are Different Now
Chapter 9 ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Chapter 10 Welcome to New York
Chapter 11 All Out War
Chapter 12- Home
Chapter 13 Welcome To the New Age
Chapter 14 The Dark World
Chapter 15 Let it Drift Away
Chapter 16- Destination: Desolation
Chapter 17- Bitter Tongues
Chapter 18 Only One Can Stand
Chapter 19- Queen?
Chapter 20 Party Favors
Chapter 21 No Mind Let Go
Chapter 22 I Know You
Chapter 23 A Vision
Chapter 24 Until The Last Enemy Is Destroyed
Chapter 25 The Last of Them
Chapter 26 Paradise Lost
Chapter 27 And So It Stands
Chapter 28 Unbroken
AN

Chapter 6 New Beginnings (or so they say)

473 13 2
By Cookie9687

The smell of chemicals wakes me. They smell fresh, clean, but very strong.

I slowly open my eyes; the white and grey walls seem sinister. I look at my arms, cables and tubes are attached to me. I look around; monitors with meaningless signs and numbers.

I start pulling the needles and cables from my flesh. The monitors start screaming and I burst through the door. I stumble into the hallway.

Where am I?

Numerous people start coming down the hall; most of them are in white smocks and pale blue pants, others in black suits.

"Wait!" They call.

I fumble along in the other direction; my legs refusing to cooperate.

A set of hands quickly wrap around my arm, "Hold on."

I rip my arm from their grasp, and continue down the hall, but a two people in white smocks take me from both sides. A third sticks me with a needle and my world shifts drastically. I instantly feel exhausted, leaning against the people who hold my arms.

They put me back into the bed and leave. I drift off.

A small light shines in my eyes and I cringe accordingly.

"Yep, she's awake. And surprisingly, you can go ahead and check her out."

"It's only been a few hours since her surgery."

"Well, we've already taken the stitches out. The wounds are closed; most of the scars have faded."

I inhale sharply, "Of course they've healed. I'm Asagrdian."

"I'd think it'd be best if you take her sooner than later." The healer says.

"Probably." Coulson says.

I stand outside, waiting for Coulson to finish some paperwork. I lean against the brick surface of the building. I didn't believe Midgard could be so peaceful- or nice.

The door opens and Coulson steps out, "Ready to go?"

I push off of the wall and walk with him to a red car with no roof.

"I can't go back to Asgard." I say.

"Why not?"

"The Bifrost- the transportation between realms- was destroyed when Loki tried to destroy Jotunheim. I do not know when or if it will be fixed."

"I'll see if the Director will get you a place to stay while you're here." Coulson says, starting the car.

"This director, is he your leader?"

"Yes."

I nod and he drives. My hair starts whipping in all directions. I gather as much of I as I can and twist it into a knot.

We pull into a similar facility and he parks. We get out of the car and walk inside.

A large, laid out floor space with a giant glass symbol, it is obviously some sort of bird, but other than that- I could not tell you what. I point to it with interest, "What does that symbol mean?"

"It's an Eagle. Here, they're a symbol of freedom." He says.

There are more people here than at the other building. Most of them wearing uniforms, and others wearing suits, others are dressed casually.

He steps into a very small room, and I follow. It really isn't that big of a room, and it is constructed from glass. Coulson taps a button on the wall and the silver doors close.

And we move.

We move up.

"Never been on an elevator before?" He asks me as I cling to the small metal railings within the 'elevator'.

"No. We have stairs on Asgard. Not flying glass rooms."

He chuckles.

"I am not amused." I snap.

"You'll get used to them."

"I doubt it."

The walls make a small noise and the doors open again. I quickly collect and remove myself from the elevator. Coulson takes his dear sweet time and heads down the hall. He scans a card on the door and we walk in.

A man stands at the window. His skin reminding me of Heimdal, but that's where the similarities end. He wears a long black coat that hangs to his ankles. His expression is focused, but extremely grim. He only has one eye, and it is almost as black as his coat.

"Is this the Asgardian?" He asks.

"Yes, I am." I say.

"Why are you here?" He asks.

"It's a rather long story." I say.

"I have time."

I look uneasily at Coulson and then back, "Well- I uh, don't know where to start. Well, Um, You see, My Father, Thor, was about to become the King of Asgard, but before the ceremony concluded, Frost Giants had entered the weapons vault. He saw it as an act of war, and so he sought out and nearly started one. His Father, Odin- the current King of Asgard and My Grandfather- wasn't pleased with his decision, and so, Thor was banished to Midgard. His weapon, the hammer Mjolnir, was also cast out. The banishment of Thor was too much for Odin to bear, and he went into the Odinsleep. I was next in line for the throne, but when I went to claim my title as well as the throne, my adopted Uncle, Loki, was already perched upon it and was spewing out lies. I took it upon mysef to bring my Father back, wake Odin from the Odinsleep and make everything the same as it was before. And I did, even thought there were some fallen trees along my path. Loki was enraged and tried to kill me, he failed, obviously- but I ended up falling into Midgard- I don't know how I managed to do that- or even how I survived the fall. But I did, and here I am now. I can't go back, because during Loki's insanity, he destroyed the Bifrost."

"You're going to have to explain all of this to me." The director says, "Slowly."

So, I take a seat and explain the Bifrost, the Odinsleep, uru metal, asgardians and Asgard in general. I answer the questions he asks.

"I think we'll be able to find you a place in this world." Fury says, shaking my hand.

"I appreciate it, Director."

*********

About a year later...

************

I wake up to the sound of grinding coffee beans. I roll myself out of bed and hastily shuffle towards the kitchen. As I open the blinds, the sunlight enters the room and reflects off the pale marble counters. The coffee pot continues to grind and the smell of coffee fills the house. I pour a mug of coffee and add sugar and milk accordingly.

I cling to the mug as I head to the barn, continuously rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I go through the person-sized door and close it behind me. Two sets of eyes stare at me from half doors. The horses make small noises at both each other and me.

"Good morning to you too." I yawn.

I set the mug on a ledge and walk to the opposite side of the barn and slide the large door open. I open the horses' stalls and they saunter into the worn-out field.

I grab my mug and sit on the gate; the only part of my fence that doesn't look sad or as if it is falling apart.

I dump the coffee out, as I do every morning. It always gets too cold for me to drink. I watch the horses continue their morning routine of laying down, rolling, eating, and exchanging bitter looks. I smile, although I can expect the same thing, it continues to amuse me.

I climb down from my perch to put the bland green mug in the house. I change into actual pants compared to the loose pajama pants that I enjoy. I pull on a pair of black jeans and a blue and black plaid button down.

I take a good look at myself in the mirror. I am beautiful, as a Midgardian, but as an Asgardian, I am plain, someone who would be looked over.

I push myself away from the mirror. One does not need to think in such a way.

I head back outside and into the field. I start walking the fence line, checking for any damage or any place that needs repairs. As I continue to go through my routine of cleaning stalls and exercising the horses. I perch myself on the fence.

"Ivanna."

I jump at the sudden noise, "You really shouldn't do that, Director."

He chuckles a bit, "What? Talk?"

I look over at him as he leans against the fence, "I take it you're not here for a friendly chat or to check on me." I look back into the field, "My guess is that you've found something that you don't know how to use or secure for that matter. I suppose I could come in and take a look at it for you."

The director lets out a sigh, "I'd appreciate it."

"Well, if it's for sake of our world-"

"Our?"

"Seeing that I'm stuck here until the Bifrost is repaired, which could take quite a few years, I would say that is it 'our' world. Not to mention I'd help with no hesitation to save it."
********

I walk into the shield's headquarters, where I had started my life upon earth about a year ago, with my bags and cased staff. Coulson waits for me in the lobby. I sling my bag over my shoulder and follow him outside.

"What's Fury gotten into now?" I ask.

"Well, we're not sure, that's why we called you in."

"You think it's Asgardian?"

"We don't have a clue what it is." Coulson responds, "But we do know that it matches the signatures of your staff."

I continue to follow him, and we head outside to a private jet. We board and take off within the hour. Coulson and I exchange small talk, but I am anxious to find out what they have. After a few hours, we land, in the middle of nowhere, of course.

I leave my bags on the plane, taking only the long hard case that holds Delvameg.

A small, black car and a driver wait for us. I climb in back while Coulson takes shotgun. They drive for about twenty minutes, leading us further into nowhere. We pull up to a small concrete building and we head inside. Coulson leads me down countless corridors and stairways, all into a small room.

The Director stands by a small case, and another man in a plaid shirt stands by the door.

"Whatever you have in that case- I can feel the energy dripping off of it."

"That's the point, Ivanna." Fury says with an extremely pleased smirk, "And if you and Dr. Selvig can tap it, it could be unlimited power."

He opens the case to and a brilliant blue light floods the room. A small cube sits in the case. But that's not what surprises me.

I know that it is an Infinity Stone; that I could take it and run.

But what really surprises me is a very familiar voice saying, "Well, I guess that's worth a look."

I jerk to the side, and I catch a glimpse of the green robes in the mirror nearby.

"Is everything alright?"

I hesitate, "Yeah, just a cold chill."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

SORRY FOR TAKING SOOO LONG TO UPDATE.
ANYWAY.
PLEASE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT AND VOTES AND COMMENTS.
I LOVE YOU ALL AND IM REALLY REALLY EXCITED TO START AVENGERS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 616 34
Raina just wants to make the decisions on how her life should be, but being the princess of Vanaheim makes that impossible. Queen Allise has already...
24.9K 502 29
Y/n Odinson, Is the youngest daughter of Odin. As a goddess she has a lot of power, just like her brothers. One day Thor came to Asgard and made he...
754 51 15
โ—Update: 24/May/24โ— '"And so it is with great pleasure that I, Odin, King of Asgard and protector of the Nine Realms, announce the royal engagement o...
21.1K 955 27
In a world full of magic and myths, there is a realm called Asgard where the gods and goddesses lived. Aeria, as the only survivor of her realm's des...