Always Us

By LilFluffy419

One shots of Spencer James and Olivia Baker mostly taking place in their adult lives. More

welcome home
morning buns
missed facetimes
happy birthday
anxious thoughts
daddy duties
locked out
championship high
honeymoon bliss
game on
twenty-four hours
tiny dancer
terrible two's
full house
coach james
mile high
stress relief
merry christmas
pretty lights
dinner chaos
temper tantrum
another woman
broken records
broken records pt. ii
night interrupted
boredom bites
childs play
home alone
snack break
balcony breakfast
big bank
crisis control
malibu canyons
take care
pesky plans
6am lectures
pool days
new roommate
open practice
the newlyweds
attention hogs
family reunion
heavy mind
big milestones
midnight snack
time capsule
minor adjustments
field trip
worlds apart
date night
off season
wedding season
welcome home pt. ii
no boys
boys day
the agreement
not toys
bad news
sick snuggles
never alone
newspaper camp
hang up
early mornings
bedtime routines
press conference
becoming official
family business pt. i
family business pt. ii
united front
mini me pt. i
mini me pt. ii
mini me pt. iii
almost midnight
her happiness
breakup interlude
mr. handyman
evening stroll
valentine's day
everyday moments
runaway love
sister's keeper
good enough
slow sundays
at 3:35am
brown eyes
surprise surprise
spring break
young lovers
stolen memories
for you
home bound
home bound pt. ii
happy birthday pt. ii
stage five
stage five pt. ii
olivia's favorite
all nighter
sister's keeper pt. ii
big deal
study marathon
sit still
championship high pt. ii
team player
surprise visit
sunday afternoon
secret keepers
first game
holiday party
separation preparation
baby woes
first born
going slow
faded wounds
snack break pt. ii
chance encounters
utter confusion
morning champ
another one
harsh realities
back home
drunken consequences

happy wife

3K 64 8
By LilFluffy419

I got asked for a mother's day one shot a while back, but haven't thought of a fun way of doing it until now! Inspired by everyone's favorite opening scene.

_______________________

Having just had the most brilliant idea while putting her daughter to bed, Olivia walked into the room buzzing.

"How about - " she started excitedly, but cut herself short when her husband's eyes didn't leave his phone. Giving him a chance to redeem himself, she waited several seconds before clearing her throat loudly.

"You good?" Spencer side-eyed her from the bed as she stood midway between him and the door.

"All good," she grinned sarcastically, "just wanted to make sure my voice was working properly."

"Cool," he mumbled, his thumb flicking at the screen as he scanned through his emails.

He got through one message from JJ before he felt the weight of her stare boring into his face. Concerned for his own wellbeing, he slowly looked over at her again. She hadn't moved. "What?"

Crossing her arms, she widened her eyes at the phone until he begrudgingly set it down on the night stand.

"Okay," she clasped her hands, her face lighting up as the giddiness found its way back into her voice. "How about we go to Cabo next month?"

"I was kind of planning on picking up my training schedule by then. You know, start getting ready for camp."

"That's not until July. You'll still have more than two months to get into shape," she countered. Swinging her knee over his legs, she sat back onto his thighs. "I don't really know when you got out of shape anyways," she mumbled, scanning his thick biceps.

"It's been months since the post-season," he explained, resting his hands on her thighs. "I have to be in top shape at least a month before training. Which means I'll only have a month to get back. Maybe I should get started sooner," his voice got distant as his mind started to wander.

"Okay, okay," she brought him back, "how... about... you look at this as one last weekend of quality time with me before you go all in on the weights, and the running, and the whatever," she waved a hand at the air.

"Liv, you know I'm not into all that tanning stuff. Laying around for several days in a row? I just don't get it."

"We can go do other stuff, too," she pouted, taking his face in her hands.

"What other stuff?"

"I don't know, but I can come up with something. It would be nice to go for my first Mother's Day," she let her puppy dog eyes come out in full force while she stroked her thumb against his cheek.

"What if I have other plans already?" he challenged. He didn't have anything else lined up yet, but he could think of several options to consider.

"What if this is what I want to do?" she sung back to him.

"I have a brand meeting late that Friday. It's an important one that JJ's been working to get scheduled."

"I can tell you what else is important," she dropped her voice as her lips descended onto his neck. "Me... in a bikini... all day."

He let out a grunt as the visual played in his mind.

"You and me in a jacuzzi," she whispered, pulling away to find the hem of his shirt. "One of those real nice ones on the balcony overlooking the ocean."

He relaxed under her touch, his eyes fluttering shut as she peppered kisses along his jawline. Once she made it to his mouth, she pressed her lips to his.

"There... can be... beach sex," she proposed, pulling away slightly out of breath.

"I'll see if I can get the meeting moved," he groaned as her warm lips made contact with his nipple.

"You mean you will get the meeting moved," she looked up at him through her lashes, pausing at his abs.

"I'll email JJ in the morning," he moaned as her fingers teased the waistband of his sweats.

"Great!" she rolled over, reaching for her phone on the other side of the bed. "I'll make sure Sienna's passport is ready in time. We might need to expedite it," she bit her lip, concentrating as she opened up the application website.

"Huh?" he snapped his head at her. "What does she need a passport for?"

"To go to Cabo?" she shot him a confused look, wondering when he became so slow.

"What is an eight month old going to do in Cabo?" he quizzed. Realizing that he just got played, the irritation started to settle in.

"Go on vacation? I'm not going to spend Mother's Day without the person who made me a mother." Her eyes drifted across the screen as she made a mental note of processing times.

"I made you a mother," he stared at the side of her head.

"You, sir, were having a good time. She made me a mother," she put her phone down to look at her husband. She could see the annoyance in his face, but she didn't let it phase her. He'd get over it.

Reaching out to grab her waist, he refocused on the more important matter. "What about beach sex. How is that going to happen with her there?"

"We'll figure it out," she slipped from his grasp, getting up to find her laptop. She needed to get a head start on booking the resort.

_____

Several weeks later, Spencer found himself bored and under a pool-side cabana. The distant sounds of waves did little to enhance the experience.

"This isn't exactly the quality time that was advertised," Spencer looked over at his wife stretched out on the lounger a few feet away. It was the fourth and final day of their trip, and he hadn't gotten anything he was promised.

"I'm having a great time," Olivia announced from under her floppy hat. "So is she."

Spencer's eyes drifted down to his daughter's chubby face smooshed against Olivia's stomach. Slathered in sunscreen and protected by a mini Rams hat, she napped peacefully under the Mexican sun.

"Of course she is," he grumbled as he got up in search of the pool boy to order lunch.

Hours later, the family of three was packed up and headed back to their room. After an afternoon of splashing around the shallow end of the pool with Olivia, Sienna was once again out cold. This time her head fell heavy on her father's shoulder as he held her up on his broad forearm.

"What time is beach sex," Spencer asked with an unnecessary level of concern as they stepped into the air-conditioned lobby.

"You think I really wanted to have sex on the beach? That sounds like a lot of sand in places sand shouldn't be," she slowed down to walk behind him, adjusting Sienna's cap as she drooled onto his shoulder.

"Okay, what about regular sex?"

"Who said anything about sex?" she fell back into step with him. "This is my weekend. I want to relax with my baby."

"You're playing with me, woman."

Thinking back to the way the water dripped down his skin when he came back from his swim, she let out a giggle. "Okay, fine. We can drop her off at the daycare for a couple hours once she wakes up."

"We're down here now, let's just drop her off and save ourselves the trip," he suggested, his eyes searching for this so called daycare center.

"I don't want to traumatize our baby. She's going to wake up in a strange room and think we abandoned her. Let's wait until she's up and then we can make sure she's comfortable."

"Oop," Spencer shifted his shoulder, causing Sienna to stir.

"Spencer," Olivia's jaw dropped as he held Sienna out in front of him.

"Good morning mama," he smiled at his baby's swollen face, her eyes blinking slowly as she tried to understand why her nap had been interrupted.

If Olivia hadn't been secretly waiting for this moment for the past several days, she would have been more upset with him. But with each day that passed, his shirtless chest was starting to do more and more funny things to her body, so she couldn't be too bothered.

"Okay, but you do that again, and this is the last child you're having," she shook her head, taking Sienna from his hold.

After impatiently waiting outside the door for Olivia to make sure that Sienna was okay in the luxury daycare center, Spencer threw his arm around her shoulders, guiding her towards the elevators before she could reconsider their plans.

"Happy Mother's Day, baby," he smiled as he ushered her into the suite. Her heart melted as she caught sight of the large flower arrangement waiting on the desk. Her eyes then followed a trail of pink rose petals that led to a photo album on the center of the bed.

"You did this for me," she blubbered as the tears started coming down her face. Opening book, she flipped through pictures of her, Spencer, and Sienna at his games. An ugly sob escaped her when she landed on a picture of the three of them on Christmas.

"Of course. Anything for the woman who gave me the best daughter in the world," he whispered, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Thank you for making me a mommy," she smiled through her tears, turning in his grasp to wrap her hands around his neck.

Lifting her up onto his waist, he kissed her slowly. "Thank you for everything."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 872 28
Two college students from two different sides of the country, Olivia Baker and Spencer James meet in the most unlikely way, which makes their budding...
95.9K 1.2K 22
One shots involving high school Emily Fields and Alison DiLaurentis.
16.7K 474 15
After a potential career-ending injury, Spencer tries to navigate the healing process. He has his wife and his two best friends, Olivia and Jordan by...
5K 209 20
Spencer and Olivia are happily married and life couldn't be better for the couple these past 6 years. They have it all. Both of them striving in thei...