twenty-four hours

A/N: Ok, this one is part two to "daddy duties," but it's actually more of a prelude. I threw it back to the first time Spencer granted Liv a one day pass.

______________________________

"You wanna do what?!"

"A day pass," Spencer repeated.

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean," Olivia stared at him. She was already annoyed at him from their argument last night, so he wasn't helping his case by uttering a bunch of nonsense.

"I fucked up, now let me make it up to you," he went on, "for the next twenty-four hours, you got me on a string. You're the boss."

"I already have you on a string," she rolled her eyes.

"Okay, but I have to do anything you want."

"Anything?" her eyes questioned him.

"Anything."

"Define anything."

"I'm all yours for 24 hours. Everything's on the table. My time, my body, my money," he cut himself short, "well be careful with that one, I ain't got much of that."

Olivia stared at him, assessing his face for any signs that he was messing with her.

"So?" he pressed.

"So what?"

"Your first request?"

"Um ok, how about some breakfast?"

"You got it, boss."

______________________________

Leaving his late morning meeting, Spencer was ready for a nap. During the season, his days began at 5am with morning workouts. Most days he tried to squeeze in some sleep before the 10am meetings, but today sleep was replaced with hash browns, eggs, and bacon.

He was headed to his dorm when his phone rang. Smiling at the name on the screen, he answered the call.

"Hey baby, how was your meeting?"

"Good, they got us with a new playbook for the game in two weeks. Today's evening practice should be interesting," he rambled on.

"That's nice. I just headed out to meet with Tiana, but I left a small list at my apartment, maybe you could help me with it before your class?"

Spencer was about to counter, then remembered their agreement, "yea, baby, anything you need."

"I can get used to this."

Spencer laughed, her annoyance from this morning clearly gone. He didn't know what awaited him, but he was content knowing he had his girl back.

"Ok, I'm almost at the coffee shop. Love you!" she hung up the phone.

Thirty minutes later, Spencer arrived at her apartment. On the counter lay a piece of paper with a not-so-small list. Spencer groaned as his eyes scanned over Liv's bubbly handwriting: start two loads of laundry (darks then sheets), change sheets on bed, scrub shower, vacuum apartment, take out trash.

"You're lucky I love you," he mumbled to the piece of paper.

______________________________

Somehow Spencer had managed to get through the entire list before his 3pm lecture. Though he was seriously questioning how he was going to stay awake during class.

As he walked across the quad, Spencer's phone vibrated. Uh oh. He was already running late. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he prayed it wasn't Liv summoning him.