Don't run from me (Book 3)

By Demona44

I leaned back against the wall "It's been so long hasn't it?" "Yes, it has... I think the last time I saw you... More

Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1: I'll be damned
Chapter 2: He's a keeper
Chapter 3: It's not me, it's you
Chapter 5: Keep running
Chapter 6: Maybe
Chapter 7: it's just coffee
Chapter 8: It's intoxicating!
Chapter 9: lay with me
Chapter 10: Nothing happened
Chapter 11: bittersweet
Chapter 12: The right choice
Chapter 13: Kat, wait
Chapter 14: Beyond amazing
Chapitre 15: very beautiful
Chapter 16: Friend-zoned
Chapter 17: Unity
Chapter 18: Loverboy is here!
Chapter 19: Gotcha
Chapter 20: You are impossible!
Chapter 21: terrifying
Chapter 22: Shoot for the moon
Chapter 23: You're a genius
Chapter 24: You are so beautiful Kitty
Chapter 25: Enough is enough
Chapter 26: We don't talk anymore
Chapitre 27: I want you
Chapter 28: Never let go
chapter 29: Come back to me
Chapter 30: Who are you?
Chapter 31: Baby I never beg
Chapter 32: Angel-like voice
Chapter 33: My Kitty Kat
Chapter 34: Is she crazy or what?
Chapter 35: She's my world
Chapter 36: Perfect
Epilogue

Chapter 4:Stop running from me

340 20 22
By Demona44

Mason Walton

I put my fork down and eyed Helena who was glaring at me. she had a rule, no phone at the dinner table. I looked at Adam for help but he just smirked knowingly.

"Even if it's the queen of England you can't answer that phone," he said sarcastically enjoying my situation too much.

I've been dying to hear her voice and she chooses to call now. How lucky can I get? I was setting my phone when she called again "I'm sorry I have to take this." I mumbled getting up and making my way to the patio.

-Hello?-

-Mr. Walton, hi. This is Katrina Johnson, Mr. Williams's assistant-

Why so professional? So distant?

-Mr. Walton?-

-Yes Katrina I'm here.- I answered a bit frustrated.

She paused for a second –Mr. Williams reviewed the plans and first drafts, he likes them so far and he would like to meet with you on the construction site in Boston on Monday if you're available of course.-

I could hear Williams in the background speaking on the phone, so that's why she was being so professional.

-Um... I'll have to check my schedule Katrina, I have other sites to visit-

-I'm aware of that. But you promised to make this particular project your priority Mr. Walton.- she said pointedly earning a sigh from me.

As much as I was happy to see her name flash on my screen minutes ago, I just felt irritated and wanted nothing but to end the discussion.

-Fine. I'll be there Monday, but I'll have to check what time I can get there. Or is that also a problem Miss Johnson?- I heard her gasp and regretted being so rude to her, she was just doing her job after all.

She cleared her throat –Mr. Williams is sending you his private jet. He needs you here before noon. You might want to come prepared for spending a night, Mr. Walton. I'll email the details to your assistant.-

-Stay the night? That wasn't part of the deal!-

-You can always fly home on Monday only to fly back on Tuesday sir.-

Oh she's enjoying this too much, where's the shy girl? –Fine I'll be there and no need to send the jet, I have my own.-

-Fine-

"Mason! Your food is getting cold honey!" I looked back at Helena and nodded.

-Oh I'm sorry I interrupted your dinner Mason, I had no choice but to call now.-

-So now we're back to Mason? I don't get you, Katrina.- I said exasperated.

-No need to. Anyway, I'm pretty sure he'll want you to stay at least a couple of nights so come prepared. Sorry again for interrupting your dinner with your girlfriend. Good night.- she said it all in a rush and hang up.

How rude is that? I stared at my phone for a few seconds before going back to eat my food. So she thought I was with my girlfriend? I was about to dial her number back when Emily came over and gave me a thank you card. Every time I got her a present she made me a cute thank you card, it was so sweet.

"Thank you, Emily, I love it, I'll hang it with the others." I pecked her cheek and took her hand joining the others.

"What was that about?" Mason asked finishing his food.

"It was William's assistant, he wants me to fly to Boston on Monday and stay the night for some reason."

"Williams assistant?" Helena asked with a grin as she brought dessert.

Adam looked at her with a raised brow "You know her?"

"Of course I do, so do you! She was with us in High school."

"She was?" he looked at me with a frown "I mean I didn't really look at her but if I knew her I'd remember."

"No, you wouldn't Adam. We were never close with her. She was shy and kept to herself." I mumbled getting more and more frustrated.

"And she kept running for the hills when she saw a certain someone." Helena smirked cutting the cake in slices "Ouch!" she glared at me for kicking her leg from under the table.

Adam looked between us and then focused on Emily "Homework, now."

"Yes daddy" she hurried upstairs.

"Would anyone of you tell me what's going on?"

"Gladly! His assistant is Katrina Johnson, Mason's high school crush. Remember her? She kept disappearing every time he tried talking to her."

"Oh yes! I remember her yeah she gave him a hard time and blue balls might I add."

They both spent the evening laughing and mocking me annoying the hell out of me as well as making me doubt myself again. Celine said I wasn't enough, and Katrina kept running away obviously wanting nothing to do with me. Maybe I was the problem? Maybe I wasn't really enough? I hated feeling this way and hated doubting myself. I retired to bed early not feeling like talking to anyone anymore.

The next morning I was woken up by the twins who dragged me out of bed to have breakfast with them which was a good thing since I forgot to set my alarm and I would have been late for work. Adam gladly informed me he took the weekend off and I was in charge of everything, he didn't want to be bothered by anyone from work. The team and I kept working on William's project non-stop, even on Sunday as I figured I should take something with me for the meeting on Monday, the dreadful day.

Monday morning, I picked up Elsa from her house and drove to the airport where the jet was ready and waiting for us. It was still early morning but I wanted to show Williams how dedicated we were to our clients, even if it meant staying away for a few days. I looked at Elsa tapping furiously on her phone as she kept rolling her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as I buckled up.

"Yes Mr. Walton, it's just..." She sighed putting her phone away.

"Talk to me Elsa, what's going on?"

"Katrina, Mr. Williams assistant is being a pain in the ass! Oh my god, I'm so sorry I forgot who I was talking to!"

I burst into laughter shaking my head, "Don't worry about it. What's going on with Katrina?" I asked curiously adjusting in my seat as they announced take off.

"She's been texting since last night! Doesn't she sleep? First, it was hotel choices, I told her we were obviously staying at the Walton's. Then it was the best restaurants and viewpoints in the area, and this morning she hasn't stopped asking about our flight details and she's been asking when we'll be going to their firm and things like that..." She finished her rant with a sigh while I kept smiling all the time. "It's funny to you isn't it?"

"It is actually Elsa, it really is. She's doing her job! I'm sure Mr. Williams asked her to do those things, I mean you met the guy! He must be giving her hell by being her boss."

"Maybe, but still she's annoying. I tried to be friendly when they came over the other day and all she did was ignore me and run to Anna."

I bit my lower lip looking at her and studying her face. Something was off, this might be the first time I saw her so tense. She wasn't even that tense or stressed when she came for her interview. And the way she spoke about Katrina, she was being bitter, something I've never witnessed around her. She was usually so calm and serene and loving. It was as if she was jealous of Katrina for some reason. I leaned over and took her hand in mine gaining her attention.

"What's really bothering you? Is there something in your personal life going on?"

She looked at our hands with a cute frown on her face "No... I just don't like her." She spoke softly.

"Well, you'll have to tolerate her. We'll be working with them for a few months. Unless you want me to handle everything myself and..."

"No!" she cut me off shaking her head "I'll deal with her. It's not your job to speak to assistants. I'll do it."

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be uncomfortable. But in life we have to deal with people we don't like all the time."

She nodded and bit the inside of her cheek "Like I had to do with Celine. I hated her, she was such a bitch to me!"

Wow... I pulled my hand away as if she burned me and cleared my throat. Celine was a bitch to her but I never thought she'd actually voice her feelings to me. Come to think of it, Celine was a bitch to everyone but Adam. Sometimes I think she got with me just to have an excuse to stay in his life which is disturbing and would explain why I wasn't enough.

"I'm sorry Mr. Walton" she whispered hiding her face with her palms.

"It's okay, forget it. I'm sorry she was a bitch to you, but she's gone now."

When we reached the hotel I was surprised to see Katrina pacing the lobby back and forth waiting for us. I noticed how Elsa tensed beside me and even moved closer to me which I found bizarre. I made my way to Katrina and took off my sunglasses.

"Miss Johnson, you're here?"

She turned around in surprise her wavy hair flying framing her pretty face. It struck me again how beautiful she was and how sexy she looked even with those big innocent brown eyes of hers.

"Finally you're here!" she smiled and said hi to Elsa "I thought you gave me the wrong hotel name."

"Why would I do that? His father owns the hotel it's understandable to stay here." Elsa seemed annoyed and sounded bitchy.

"Elsa, why don't you check us in." I watched her go shaking my head before looking back at Katrina. And she was staring at me. "Hi" I smiled at her and she smiled back melting my heart with her dimples.

"Hi. How was your flight?"

"It was okay. Why are you here?" I asked not wanting to beat around the bush.

"I'm..." She frowned "Are you upset that I'm here?"

I shook my head with a smirk making her blush. God, I liked it when she blushed like that.

"Mr. Williams sent me to make sure you're well accommodated and to give you his agenda for the day." She said picking up her tablet.

"Mail it to Elsa, please. What time do you finish work?"

"And this is relevant because?"

"Because I want to have dinner with you," I said bluntly.

"Oh... um, I'll send the schedule to Elsa as you asked and I'll see you at the office, Mr. Walton." She waved awkwardly and left.

I shook my head and followed her outside "For once, just once stop running from me. I'm not going to eat you! I just want to have dinner with you."

Katrina turned around and sighed "I have a boyfriend; I can't have dinner with you. Even as a friend, he won't appreciate it."

I scratched my stubble and nodded "Alright. I'm sorry. See you around." I had a feeling, a strong feeling that she was lying to me for some reason, but I wasn't going to pressure her. If she didn't want to go out with me, then I couldn't force her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4M 229K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...
2.7K 95 15
When Enid Jones a straight A student and a perfect Islamic daughter any parent would wish to have, won a scholarship to the prestigious Montrose Acad...
481 59 14
Lovely Jean is the epitome of everything a lot of young women think they want to be; she is rich, excruciatingly beautiful, has an amazing body and i...
338 40 6
" Why are always like this since high school you have always looked down on people!!!! " " If people means you.., then yes I do look...