Give and Take (Trafalgar Law...

By thedarkdoctorgirl15

Elga is a girl who suffers from amnesia and travels alone, trying to escape from something she can't remember... More

You better live idiot!
Today is for sure my lucky day!
I owe her!
Give and Take!
He is not that bad!
Whatever...
Keep company to the lonely!
Such a troublesome girl!
Good Morning!
An easy day
Changing Minds
A starry night
I follow you!
Revelations
Burned Calories
The Last Goodnight(?)
She was lying!
Why did you leave?
Clumsy girl
A new life
Instincts and Feelings
Smell
Touch
Vision
Hearing
Taste
A mystery begins!
Me,myself and I
Killed before her murder!
Ohhh Summer Wine!
Misunderstanding!
The storm's thunder!
A place to own!
The bad news
Her first time will be unforgettable!
I trust you!
Prepare for (oink) trouble and make it double!
Extreme Makeover
Emptiness
Dream or not?
Antibiotics and Probiotics
Pride comes first!
This has to stop now!
Books hold memories of the past
The White Town of death
He is alive
Words of regret!
Mission Cookie!
The mysterious boy
Put you in your place!
Romance!
Can I lean on you?
Chained to the past!
The bloodthirsty Mary Pearcey!
Deja vu!
The abyss in me (Part 1)
The abyss in me (Part 2)
The abyss in me (Part 3)
The abyss in me (Part 4)
Author's Note
The abyss in me (Part 5)

Set fire on my brain!

165 6 43
By thedarkdoctorgirl15

Hello my beloved readers! Have an awesome week everyone and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

I am looking forward to read your reactions so don't forget to leave a comment!

I don't own OP but I do own the oc and extra characters!

I don't own the picture.

Have fun!

Elga had her eyes wide open but her body seemed confined to the wet ground. There was a frowsty smell of mold and moisture that hit her senses and she couldn't distinguish anything around her from the pitch black background.

A soft lullaby played somewhere far away, a song memorized from her early childhood and probably the only stable memory after her accident that the girl's mind never gave up.

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep

The shining figure of a grown young woman appeared right in front of her eyes with long chestnut colored hair, covering her torso until her slim waist and a mesmerizing long dress in deep forest green color, clothed her body. The woman held a baby in her hands and dancing around a room that looked like a bedroom, continued singing those lyrics like a sleeping spell to the newborn.

In dreams you will lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish for, you keep

A small child run towards her figure and grabbed with its tiny hands her skirt for dear life, giggling in excitement. The little girl stepped on her tip toes in an effort to take a better look of the baby that was sleeping peacefully inside the woman's embrace.

The elder kneeled down and handed carefully the sweet pure creature to the girl and the child accepted it into her small hands like a blessing, smiling happily.

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true

"Mother, you have such a beautiful voice!" the child spoke and the woman caressed softly her hair that had the same color as hers.

"Oh Val, my sweet Valerie! Your own voice is the most beautiful song to my ears, my lovely child."

"But mother... the people..."

"The people should mind their own business, it is silly to expect from someone to be perfect." She affectionately answered and hugged the small thin girl until she could feel her little bones against her hands.

"Then... mother, will you always love me?" the child asked in a heartbreaking voice, similar almost to a whisper that came right out of the depths of her soul.

"I and your father will always love you!"

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come smiling through

The female figure started singing again in a hypnotically beautiful voice like her ancestor was a siren that used to lure poor sailors with her skills and not a simple human being, coming from a small North Blue's city.

"Sing with me Valerie!"

No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true

The small child sang too in a clumsy voice, completely out of key but still with an excited smile curved on her cherry colored lips.

Elga woke up from a sharp pain on her butt as she had fell from her bed during her sleep.

*So it was a dream, huh? But such a weird one!*, she thought and sat on her bed trying to recover from her drowsy state. The brunette rubbed her eyes and checked the time from her wall's clock while reaching for this so wanted glass of water to calm her beating heart.

It was still 6 in the morning and she groaned in irritation as the hour was too early to head for work but simultaneously too late to head back for sleep. However, she had been wide awake by now as this bizarre dream still played like a movie on her mind and so she finally decided to begin her day with a strange combination of feelings on her chest.

She picked up her blanket that had fallen on the wooden floor and began folding it neatly until her hands stopped working unconsciously and she felt warm drops burning her hand's skin. Tears started running down her cheeks at this familiar but yet so forgotten feeling of being loved. She could still sense the comfort of that woman's touch on her face and hair and not until now had she realized how much she had missed such a loving gesture.

Elga crawled at the space between the wall and her bed and rested there for some minutes with her head buried on her legs, crying her lungs out until she exhausted herself and fell asleep again.

~...~

Law was sitting on a chair in front of the kitchen's table with already his second steaming cup of coffee in hand.

He had lost count of the hours he was awake but it was for sure pretty early as the moon was still apparent high in the sky with millions of shining stars decorating the black canvas. However, he couldn't go back to sleep due to the nightmares that continuously haunted his dreams.

It would be easier to ease himself if these nightmares were just bad images his subconscious created because of an anxious day but that wasn't the case as these pictures were memories he was doomed to carry at the depths of his brain probably until the day he dies.

Sounds of children crying.

People screaming.

A burning town.

The people he called father and mother, his younger sister Lammy.

His family.

Can't save anyone, can't protect anything.

Everything disappearing into the flames.

He run into the center of town. Trying to save anyone; he just want to save even one person.

But his wish isn't granted.

Only a world turning to ash in front of him. Blackened and burned bodies all around him at his feet.

The worst part was that these nightmare kept coming every time he would fall to rest his eyes and as a doctor he knew it wasn't healthy. But he cared no less for his well-being and the first symptoms of his insomnia were clear from the dark shadows under his tired eyes and his lack of concentration.

He buried his head between his hands and rested his temple on the table's hard surface.

He tried to drink one more sip from the bitter liquid to ease the unbearably throbbing headache but it did nothing and so he decided to step outside for a bit hoping the cold air will help him feel better.

Once he felt the cold yet wet feeling on his shoes, he thought if a small walk would be a good idea but when he was about to head for the forest's path, while walking by the girl's place, his gaze caught a movement inside.

Why was she awake from this early hour?

Curiously he approached the former shed and saw the brunette crying at a corner of her room.

His eyes widened in realization and he instinctively was about to burst into her place but when he took a hold of the doorknob, his hand stopped and thought of his actions twice. How was he supposed to ease her pain if he was on a worse mental condition? Comforting others was never his strong point and he knew that well.

*I really have to stop pretending the knight in shining armor to her. She can't rely on me...*, he battled with his mind and finally decided against this idea.

He started walking again at the opposite direction but when he made only a couple of steps, his conscience was screaming so loud against his ears that his feet moved on their own and directed his body back in front of her window.

He gazed at her now calmer figure that stayed still on the same spot as previously , breathing rhythmically. His reflection on the window's glass surface looked back at him but Law hardly recognized himself.

Who was this pathetic, vainglorious boy who dared to carry the same features as him? What would Cora-san say about his current self?

A painful expression got sculptured on his exhausted face at the image of his beloved life- savior inside his mind.

That's right... Cora-san was always there for him when he needed him on the bad days.

And Elga needed someone to lean on now that she was on her blues.

With a newly found determined look, the young doctor opened the door and stepped inside the girl's place.

He walked as silently as he could with slow, cat-like steps so as not to wake her up and picked up her blanket, taking a seat right beside her.

He brought with one hand the woolen cover upon her back and with the other he wrapped himself too. Then he touched her face so as to make her lean the head against his firm shoulder in an effort to avoid treating a future neck pain, as he inly reasoned his actions, and let himself rest at the rhythm of her breaths and heartbeat.

A smile curved on his lips from the warmth he felt inside his chest and slowly fell asleep after some minutes of observing her peaceful face.

Sometimes he wondered on situations like this. Who really gave comfort to whom?

~...~

Elga drowsily butterflied her eyelids so as to get used to the blinding light that came straight out of the window above her head. She was enveloped by the coziness of a thick layer of blanket and her head was comfortably rested on a hard foreign surface.

A familiar smell of sanitizer, ginger, cinnamon and masculinity hit her nose and turned to her right to face the said boy sleeping beside her.

Her eyes widened in shock and her lips left a squeak sound from surprise as a consequence to wake him up, being a light sleeper.

"You are finally awake. We need to head for the clinic.", he said rubbing his eyes like it was the most natural thing in the world to wake together with her.

"W-what are you doing here?!"

Law just gave her a blank look and stood up from his spot, stretching his muscles.

"Come on we will be late!", he responded making a small gesture to encourage the girl and she stood up too giving him a soft smile.

This boy really knew how to make her mood.

~...~

Elga didn't know how the day had ended so quickly and even though she was prepared for the worst in the end... she wasn't as lonely at this as she expected.

On her appointment with Officer Larry, of course under Law's supervision, the elder man just questioned again the girl and wrote down on his documents the details of her interrogation and made an official file of her sayings, adding her on the list with the suspects, something both Law and Elga expected.

Doctor Hashimoto asked for Elga to not come for some days to work due to the bad reputation her name currently had so as to win the patients' trust and not scare them, getting at the incident with Giovanna a week ago.

All of the civilians of Pleasure town had their eyes turned towards her figure every time she walked on the main streets but fortunately a specific young doctor was always behind her back, returning the glares with a deadly expression on his dangerously cloudy grey eyes that promised snowstorms if someone dared to approach the girl.

Finally when this day was over and the sun had already set, the two doctors met with the other three members of the gang, Shachi, Penguin and Bepo and started heading back home together.

"Law! You bought a fish?!", the white fuzzy bear said drooling over his thick fur, watching the huge fish inside a bag the boy carried.

"Yeah, I thought it would be nice to lighten the mood with some grilled fish.", he explained and checked again on the girl who understood his intentions and gave him a warm smile.

She caught herself today wondering many times if this boy was always such an amazing person, feeling a familiar sense of comfort around him the latest days.

"Hey! How about we have a race back home? Last place has to clean the toilet and make breakfast for a week!", Shachi suggested and started riding his bike as faster as he could while all the others followed him in response, including Elga with her own one.

Law pedaled like the wind as the cold air hit hard his face but he didn't mind the freezing wind as the blood pumping on his veins warmed his body and helped him relax and forget his worries after such a stressful day

The road home normally takes an hour but all of them managed to make it in half from the excitement of the competition.

"Yes, first place!", Law putted up his fist in victory and looked behind to see Elga, Shachi, Penguin, and Bepo in that order. They reached the goal that way, with Bepo being in last place.

"Hah hah! Just having strong legs doesn't make you the best at peddling, Bepo!", Shachi commented.

"Man, you really are clumsy. You were so wobbly I thought for sure you were going to crash. It was scary just watching you.", His cousin added teasingly.

"Hm, you're right. I wonder why I can't ride a bike to save my life... I'll just leave and figure my life out then"

"Don't get upset. You really need to learn not to get so glum so fast!", the girl replied taking him into a tight hug and everyone headed inside the small cabin in thought they would already find Volff as the hour was past dinner time.

"Hey, Mister Junk! We're back!", the raven haired called out, but received no answer.

The first thought was that the old man might hadn't returned home yet, something pretty peculiar as it wasn't a habit of his to work on his inventions until this late. He might be rough around the edges, but he was always one to stick to his own schedules. However, there was always the chance he probably caught up with his work, right?

"What should we do? I guess we should just make dinner anyway?", Penguin questioned the others and took Law's fish from his hands and brought also out of the fridge a generous piece of pork meat.

When he placed the food on the table something weird caught his attention and approached the window so as to have a better view.

"Wait, Law, what is that?", he asked pointing at the direction a foggy mist of black smock, was coming from

"Hm?", the said boy walked closer and narrowed his eyes to focus on the distance when realization hit him.

It was the direction of Volff's hidden workplace inside the forest where he created his inventions after making the old shed a place for Elga.

The young doctor had a bad feeling on his gut for this and immediately rushed outside and run towards the location he had in mind.

"Guys, let's go!", he shouted to the others and everyone followed him from behind terrified.

Once they reached the destination, they saw something resembling an airplane to be on fire, spewing smoke, and...

Volff laid on the snowy ground unconscious and around him a pool of blood.

"Mister Junk!", Law who was the first to act approached his side and quickly checked his vitals. It was clear he had lost a lot of blood, his breathing was shallow and erratic and his pulse almost non-existence. Volff was in a life threatening situation and having in mind that a human can easily die from shock if there is more than 30% of blood lose, the old man was already in danger as he had lost about that much.

Shachi and Penguin run by the doctor's side to lend a helping hand and Bepo rushed back at the house to bring the first aid box.

The only person who stayed frozen on their position was Elga who looked at the unmoving body of her savior right in front of her eyes.

No he couldn't die like that, right?

She wouldn't lose another dear person to her like that again, right?

A huge explosion came from the burning invention and the flames were about to reach Volff and the three boys.

Fire

There is fire behind.

Her family is in danger.

Fire....

The girl widened her eyes and a sharp pain on her head made her kneel on the ground.

Tears started rolling down her cheeks uncontrollably.

Her heart was breaking on pieces and for a moment she understood how blessed she was all this time with her amnesia case.

The invisible foggy mist inside her brain had cleared.

Yes, everything is coming up to her now.

DU DU DUUUUN! So you know what's coming next week right? Hehehe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 1K 41
⚠️spoilers to cannon events in One Piece after Wano arc⚠️ In pain and suffering at the loss of his crew, Law ends up in a different world in an attem...
72.6K 2.8K 33
A rather normal everyday life is meant to be for an owner of a bar. It was common for you for pirates to come to your bar and for them to order a hu...
10.7K 725 49
"𝐌𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐦," softly uttered the doctor. The diagnosis is clear; Alessia had lost the ability to utter a single word for nearly a month. Her parent...
4.7K 210 17
(Y/n) was very hard headed, never took 'no' for answer, and always tested her luck. She hated when people ignored her. She's one of the strongest wom...