Sparks

Av chickenflavors

What would you do if you were told to save your soulmate from a dreading future? Claude Harris's encounter wi... Mer

Chapter 1: "... she's my soulmate?"
Chapter 2: "I'm Joy, by the way."
Chapter 3: "... She always hated this day."
Chapter 4: "Grow up, Harris."
Chapter 5: "... It's not a crime to watch a theatre."
Chapter 6: "... Always causing trouble."
Chapter 7: "How's your day, Joy?"
Chapter 8: "... a special place in my heart."
Chapter 9: "We will be knows as legends!"
Chapter 10: "... it seems I forgot."
Chapter 12: "... stop blaming yourself."
Chapter 13: "... I'm at Joy's."
Chapter 14: "She's crazy."
Chapter 15: "... what she's capable of..."
Chapter 16: "She's awfully close today."
Chapter 17: "I hate you."
Chapter 18: "it's a date then."
Chapter 19: "... I need you to keep it a secret."
Chapter 20: "It must be difficult for you ..."
Chapter 21: "you don't fuck your friend's ex."
Chapter 22: "show them how it's done."
Chapter 23: "how can you be this perfect?"
Chapter 24: "fate is a strong word."
Chapter 25: Set the bond, Claude
Chapter 26: "This isn't your typical truth or dare."
Chapter 27: "Don't fuck it up."
Chapter 28: "the play is about her life."
Chapter 29: "I love her, your Highness."
Chapter 30: "good job, Jocelyn."
Chapter 31: "My nerd."
C̶̻͇͙̝̉h̡̪̣̜͎̰̉͗̓ȃ͍̗̬̦̖̥͍͂͠p̧̖̯͙̣̔t̢͍̪̱͙̭̺͚̩̚̚e̸̜̦ͧ͐̿r̩͕͙̦̽̑̀?̲̫̪̻͔̲̍͗́̀ͅ
Chapter 32: "Because he loves her?"
Chapter 33: "You've made her life miserable."
Chapter 34: "I'm just curious."
Chapter 35: "Do you have a praise kink or something?"
Chapter 36: "I've never been better after spitting on that asshole."
Chapter 37: "is there any chance to be my girlfriend?"
Chapter 38: "You're so fucked, Lydia."
Chapter 39: Saturday.
Chapter 40: "What's the meaning of this, Jocelyn?"
Chapter 41: "Shut up, shut up. Shut. Up!"
Chapter 42: "I haven't said I loved him, Dion."
Chapter 43: "... You deserve to know."
Chapter 44: "If I don't leave Martin. Will I die?"
Chapter 45: "There was no Us from the start."
Chapter 46: "Stay with me, please."
Chapter 47: This is how our story ends.
Chapter 48: Or is it?
Author's Note.
Aftermath.

Chapter 11: "How could you..."

1.7K 84 8
Av chickenflavors

"Get your shit together, Claude!" Jessie exclaimed as she slapped my cheeks.

"Was that necessary?!" I asked Jessie who's drunk now, and I am too. We're losing beer pong with some nerds once, and this would be the second if we lose again.

Jessie took my face and made me face my opponent, "Look at Kale right there! Do you want that kid to defeat us?" I watched Kale talk to his friend as he pushed up his glasses every second.

"We have one more cup left, Jess. No way we'll win," I deadpanned.

"Have faith, dude. You're breaking up my mood," Jessie rolled her eyes.

After that, I don't tell you. But I guess I have to, so you can understand. Not only that we lose, but I was also getting more drunk. Back in the game, I keep thinking of Lydia. What she said to me... I don't know, and she's messing up with my head now. Is it my fault? Maybe if I keep it to myself, this won't happen. I don't know what is right and wrong are now.

Jessie accepts her loss as she shakes hands with Kale. I took her to the sofa so she could rest, "Stay here. I'm going to find Lydia."

"Okay, make it quick," Jessie said as she instantly closed her eyes. I can already hear her snoring from here.

I stumble to every corner of the room and open every door that I find, nothing. I went to the backyard and made my way through the drunk high schoolers, and I couldn't find her. Should I even worry? I don't want to upset her again, but she's for drugs? I know she's not that stupid, but we never know.

"Hey, do you know where Lydia is?" I asked one of the cheerleaders' team.

"I think she went back inside. Is everything okay?" she asked through the loud music.

"I hope so, thank you," I said as I went back inside. If I can't find Lydia anywhere on the first floor, I might look upstairs. As I approached the stairs, I saw Joy leaning don't the wall. Great, it's like I need to pass the first boss to proceed with my quest.

"Harris," Joy greeted.

"Wright," I scrunched my face when I said her last name, "you know? It's hard to say your last name like Wright. Do you know that it rhimes with everything? Wright, right, bright, lights," I rambled and giggled like a kid.

"I'm aware," Joy nodded.

I sat on the railing and looked at Joy, "What is your father's name?" she looked confused and furrowed her eyebrows at me. I leaned closer to her, "Why is your life so secret to everyone? I assume Rebecca doesn't even know about your father."

"What about my father?" Joy furrowed her brows.

"I know that you came from a wealthy family. You're soo rich that you could buy this place in a blink of an eye," I said.

"What makes you think of that?" Joy asked, "I could be poor, you know?"

"Not with that designer clothes you're wearing right now, even though I have no idea the brand is, but I can tell," I pointed to her Gucci bag and her crop shirt, "It's just, my guts telling me that you're rich."

"Maybe," Joy nods in approval.

I raised my hand and took her chin, making her look at me, "I know everything about you, Joy."

Joy narrowed her eyes and pulled my hand away from her, "You know nothing about me."

"Why do you have to keep your life a secret?"

Joy sighed and took my hand, "You're drunk, Harris. Let's get you sober up."

When she tried to take me downstairs, I stopped, "wait, I should be looking for Lydia."

"No, Harris. It would help if you got sober, then you can do anything you want," Joy said.

"What do you mean no? you have no right to tell me what to do," I said as I quickly yanked my hand off her.

Joy took a deep breath before putting her hand on my chest, "Listen to me. You're drunk, and you need to relax."

"No! You listen. I need to find Lydia. I need to find her. What if something happens to her as we speak? I need to find her before I'm freaking out!" I took Joy's hand and threw my hand up in the air.

"You're already freaking out, Harris! This is why I need you to get sober, alright?" Joy said calmly.

I shook my head, "No, why are you so persistent in stopping me?" I narrowed my eyes at Joy, "what are you scheming, Jocelyn?"

Joy pointed her finger at me, "Don't call me by my full name."

"Why? Why don't you like to be called Jocelyn?" I challenged.

"You know, you're being an ass right now," Joy shook her head, "whatever, just go. I've tried anyway."

What is that supposed to mean?

I walked along the hallway and heard a moaning sound from one of the rooms. I approached it and pressed my ears to the door, and the moaning was getting louder and... It sounds familiar. I opened the door can and felt my heart drop to the ground, and the first thing I did was, "what the fuck- You're dead, Cain!" I flew my fist to Cain as I grabbed his shirt and proceeded to punch his face.

"Oh my god- Stop! Claude, stop!" Lydia screamed as she tried to stop me, but I pushed her away, "Joy! Help me!"

"What's wrong- Oh my god, Harris, stop!" Joy grabbed me and successfully yanked me from Cain. I saw Cain with his hand on his face and groaning in pain, "what is wrong with you?!" Joy said to my face.

Cain stood up and approached me, but Joy stopped him, "What the fuck, Claude! Don't you fucking know who my father is?!"

"What? Your mother didn't tell you?" I said sarcastically, and he glared at me in fume.

Then it was clear why Joy stopped me from getting to the second floor because preventing me from seeing my girlfriend cheating on me. She was trying to defend me from getting hurt. Well, it's too late.

I controlled my breathing as I kept glaring at Lydia, "Joy, get him out of here. I need to talk with Lydia."

"No, I'm not leaving you-"

"Just, go!" I raised my voice, and Joy froze. She then proceeded to take Cain and left the room, leaving me with Lydia, whose clothes were already off.

"Lydia, you know I love you, right?" I sighed as I looked at her in the eyes. I grab her shirt on the bed and put it over her head. I can't talk to her just wearing a bra, "how could you do this to me?" I asked, and no response came from her. It's like she turns into a living mannequin. Then, I asked her again, "How many times?"

"What?" Lydia furrowed her eyebrows.

"How many times have you slept with him?" I asked, and she kept silent, looking down to her feet. I continue, "what does Cain have that I don't? Is it because I don't have a dick? Do you love him? Or what?"

"No, it's not, babe. Trust me," Lydia looked up to me, and I shook my head.

"How can you throw away our two years relationship just like that?"  I asked, "In four months from now, it will be our third anniversary in New Year."

Lydia shoved her hair back away from her face, "Look, I don't know what has gotten into me, baby. But, I wouldn't have turned to Cain if you had been around-"

"Stop-"

"If you had just paid attention to me-"

"Just stop!" I raised my voice which startled her. She didn't see this coming. Tears start to stream from my cheeks, and I have no time to wipe them off.

I'm not the type of person who likes to be mad at anyone, even my girlfriend. Every time I got angry, my body would start to tremble, and I'd likely cry. I never liked it to the point that I had to snap at anyone. Trust me when I say this, but I've never even once been this mad at Lydia ever in my life until she had to cheat on me.

"How can I not pay attention to you? I always pick you up from school. I always wait until you finish with your practice. I have always prioritize you over everything and that's not enough?" I rambled, "hell, I even apologized the first time I caught you cheating on me."

"I'm- I'm sorry," Lydia's voice started to break until I saw her eyes starting to get watery.

"Is that all you have to say?" I scoffed, "I don't even know who to blame. Should I be blaming the cheerleaders for changing who you are since you're so persistent that it wasn't your fault?"

"No! Claude, please- you know what? This," Lydia gestures to the both of us, "is exactly what Cain wants, right? So please, don't let him ruin us."

Lydia tried to take my hand, but I pulled away. I shook my head, "You know damn well you did that," I walked towards the door, but she stopped me.

"How about you?" Lydia asked. I turned around in confusion, "you must have something with Joy."

"Are you out of your mind? So this whole problem is about Joy?!" I pointed at my head, "what the-" I took my hands on both sides of my head and yelled to her face, "What's the matter with you- What the fuck is WRONG WITH YOU!"

"Okay," Lydia said, nodding, "you strongly deny that remarks mean true, right?"

"You're crazy, Lydia. You're fucking crazy," I shook my head, "You've changed. You're not the Lydia I used to love. You're just a stranger who took over my girlfriend's body."

"Oh, baby. This is who I am from the start," Lydia took a deep breath, and she took my face, "you'll never find someone like me."

"That's the whole fucking point," I narrowed my eyes and yanked her hand away from me. I opened the door and left without another word. Is that it? My relationship with Lydia is over like that? I can't believe it. I don't even know how to react appropriately about it, and it's like I'm numb.

I went to the sofa and checked on my lifeless friend, "Jess, get up," no response. I groaned, and I immediately went to my car. Someone shut the door as I was about to get in, "the hell?"

"You're not driving," Joy shook her head.

"Get off, Joy. This isn't your problem," I told Joy.

"Oh, maybe it is because I heard Lydia mention my name," Joy tilted her head, and I sighed, she must be listening to our conversation, or we were talking too loud for people to hear.

"I'm sorry. But I don't need this right now. Get out of my way," I said to Joy as he shook her head, "now you're being an ass."

"I'm just looking out for you. You cant be driving when you're drunk, Claude,"  Joy said as she finally said my name right, "I'm coming with you."

I shook my head, "no, you're not."

"Yes, I am."

"No, you're not, Joy."

"Yes. I am," Joy puts her hand on her hips.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Do you want to do this the hard way? Or easy way?"

"I know you're having a hard time tonight, but please, at least let me help you to drive anywhere you want," Joy brushed my arm, which sent shivers down my spine.

I sighed, "Fine," I said as she took the keys from me and got in the driving seat. I walked around the car and got inside the passenger seat next to Joy, "are you familiar with manual cars?"

"Not really, but I can try," Joy said shamelessly.

"This is a disaster," I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Just go to the nearest pier," I said as I plopped down to the seat, and Joy nodded. We left the neighbourhood, leaving the commotion. I looked over the window and watched every lamp that we passed. Then, my eyes suddenly got tired.

"My father's name is Wayne, Wayne Wright," Joy suddenly spoke.

"Huh, it even rhymes with his name," I chuckled a laugh as I fought with my eyes, but my sight had gone black already. Great, I passed out.

~~~

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

614 174 18
"Were we a lie? Were we even real?" Every teen goes through that stage through life where they are trying to find themselves who they are really some...
648 69 16
"You're the color to my black and white world" has become literal in a future, dystopian society. Scientists have found a way to make people unable t...
393K 10.4K 70
I was trapped. Trapped between an obscure past that was haunting me and a chance of building a better future for myself. Trapped between the four wal...
67.7K 9.5K 34
At birth, I was given a necklace that was half of a unique shape and my soulmate wore the other half. The warmer it got, the closer together we were...