The Fated Three

By BtoneCass

Rose and Delgan are hunters working for the kingdom of Lynxfell. The king has assigned them to kill an ancien... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Resting Up
A Fork in The Road
Bandits And Bad Timing
5 Years ago...
Meeting the Merchants
From the Shadows
Battles and Interrogations
A Clashing Union
No Loose Ends
Road to Freedom
Playing the Part
Scouting the Catacombs
Searching the Archives
Regrouping
The Mysterious Traveler
New Intel
Ghostly Envisions
The Distraction
Friend, Foe, and Freedom
Frozen Fate
Lighting Up The Darkness
Catacombs and Creepy Creatures
Dark Truths
Familiar Faces
Sacrificial Lambs
Weary and Worried
Game Over
Found
Fighting Fire With Fire
Let's Get Moving
All Part of the Plan
Severed Link
Unleash the Flames
Serve Me
Breaking Free
The Final Battle
A Life for a Life
Hero's
Party Time
Joining the Party
Something's Wrong
Not Over Yet
Special Thanks! <3

Provisions, People, and New Problems

23 5 0
By BtoneCass

    They walked into what looked to be an old tavern. It barely had a roof, and random holes were all throughout the building. Rubble and ash were everywhere and perfuming the air was a stench that reeks of death, but no one said a word. "I guess it's hard to keep a place going with all this war" Freya mentions as she looks around the room. The villagers look empty and numb to their surroundings. They hadn't even acknowledged the group as they walked in. 'It's like they gave up' Freya thinks to herself. "Well this place has uh...character," Rose speaks up, the distaste clear in her voice. With a shrug she continued "ehh as long as the food is good, it's fine with me" she accepted. Delgan shook his head in amusement "always so ravenous" he chuckled.

     The three made their way to the back of the tavern so as not to be disturbed. There was a table in a barely lit corner. Instinctively, Rose took the seat in the actual corner with her back against the wall. It puts her at ease to see everyone's whereabouts at all times. She made note of everyone in the tavern. There was an old man that had pretty much merged with the bar stool, countless other merchants and villagers that were almost zombified and barely moving, lounged in the middle at multiple tables, and a mysterious cloaked man sat at the other end of the bar. He had glanced a few times at Rose the moment she entered the tavern Rose noted. Rose refocused her attention on the table as Freya began to speak. "So here's what I know" Freya began. Rose's eyes shifted back to the cloaked man as he took a swig of his drink. As he leaned back, the light from the candle revealed the lower half of his face. As he raised his chin to drink, Rose could see on his neck the top of a snake tattoo poking out his dark shirt. "That sonofabitch" Rose muttered. Delgan snapped his attention to Rose "what's wrong".

Rose avoided Delgans eyes before responding. "Nothing" Rose insisted. Instantly she looked away from the man in the cloak. Freya looks at Rose confused. "I'd expect Delgan not to pay attention instead of you Rose," Freya said curiously. She sighed "you promised to help me, so I'd appreciate it if you'd paid attention" she added. Rose instantly looked directly at Freya. Her face was serious. "I'm well aware of my obligations," Rose responded flatly. She took a breath before continuing. "My apologies," she added. The cloaked man glanced at Rose again before taking another chug of his drink. Rose shifted in her seat. "Let's just take a second to recharge, we haven't drank or eaten anything since we journeyed here" she reminded them. With a quick glance at the man Rose continued. "I'm going to get us some drinks and we can continue our discussion" she finished. Without another word, Rose got up and headed to the bar. Delgan analyzed Rose as he watched her approach the bar. "Three ales and a loaf of bread for the table" she ordered. The barkeep hadn't moved from cleaning his mug. In fact, he hadn't noticed Rose at all. She waved her hand in front of his face "um, hello?" she tried. But still, he didn't look up. "Ok.... well while you're doing that, I guess I'll wait over here" she commented and moved to the side as she waited. The cloaked man was sitting just next to her but she didn't look at him. With a chuckle, he spoke. "I was wondering how long it was gonna take you to make your way over here, I almost got a buzz waiting" he chuckled again. His voice was rough yet melodic. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

765 63 44
Kira, a timid bookstore owner's daughter, has always craved adventure. But she gets more than she bargains for when she discovers the king's dark sec...
5.2K 55 32
[THIS FANFIC IS OLD & EDGY AND A HORRIBLE ATTEMPT TO RIP OFF FEAR GARDEN AS I HATE TO ATTEMPT DONT READ IF YOURE NOT INTO THAT] TW •Blood ig (I'll ad...
39.1K 1.4K 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...
202K 6.1K 30
"Perhaps this is death and it's playing a game with me. Maybe that's all death is, reliving the moment it took those that you most loved." Kaira's li...